Outlook 2003, "connection to server is offline"

Outlook 2003 (11.8010.8107) SP2

Out of the blue our Outlook is not downloading messages and produces
the following error.  The server is online.  We use the Outlook
Connector to our MSN account if that makes a difference.  I say out of
the blue, but we are setup to download updates automatically so it is
possible an update caused the problem I suppose.

"Sending and Receiving reported error 0x80040126.  The operation cannot
be completed because the connection to the server is offline."

Any help appreciated.  I did do a "Repair" on the Connector, but that
did no good.

John

The Outlook Connector is having problems based on a recent Microsoft patch.
Check with MSN for solutions - it belongs to MSN, not Outlook.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, johkar asked:

| Outlook 2003 (11.8010.8107) SP2
|
| Out of the blue our Outlook is not downloading messages and produces
| the following error.  The server is online.  We use the Outlook
| Connector to our MSN account if that makes a difference.  I say out of
| the blue, but we are setup to download updates automatically so it is
| possible an update caused the problem I suppose.
|
| "Sending and Receiving reported error 0x80040126.  The operation
| cannot be completed because the connection to the server is offline."
|
| Any help appreciated.  I did do a "Repair" on the Connector, but that
| did no good.
|
| John

0
MillyS (3228)
10/16/2006 4:56:46 AM
Milly Staples - MVP Outlook wrote:
> The Outlook Connector is having problems based on a recent Microsoft patch.
> Check with MSN for solutions - it belongs to MSN, not Outlook.
>
> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Thank you for the tip.  All is well again.

John