Outlook 2003 changing global auto archive settings?

Outlook offers to Run Auto Archive every days.  It allows
you to run it more frequently, but I would like to run it
less frequently.  In other words, I would like to run it
every 120 days and then archive the bottom four months.

It doesn't seem that you can change the auto archive setting
above 60 days.  Is there a way to do this?

I have the box checked to ask me before auto archiving - but
if I say no, will it continue to ask?  Or, will it never ask
again?

Essentially I would like to archive every 4 months and not
more frequently - and I would like to archive my inbox and
my sent items box into one pst archive.

Is there a way to set this?

TIA

Louise

If you say no, you will be asked again. You're right that 60 days is the
upper bound for auto-archiving. It doesn't seem to be changeable. You can
try changing the EveryDays registry value here:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\Preferences

I haven't tried it but it may work

"louise" <louise@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> Outlook offers to Run Auto Archive every days.  It allows you to run it
> more frequently, but I would like to run it less frequently.  In other
> words, I would like to run it every 120 days and then archive the bottom
> four months.
>
> It doesn't seem that you can change the auto archive setting above 60
> days.  Is there a way to do this?
>
> I have the box checked to ask me before auto archiving - but if I say no,
> will it continue to ask?  Or, will it never ask again?
>
> Essentially I would like to archive every 4 months and not more
> frequently - and I would like to archive my inbox and my sent items box
> into one pst archive.
>
> Is there a way to set this?
>
> TIA
>
> Louise

0
vince8328 (2733)
1/2/2007 12:34:21 PM
Oops, that was the key for OL2007. For OL2003, look here:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Preferences

"louise" <louise@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> Outlook offers to Run Auto Archive every days.  It allows you to run it
> more frequently, but I would like to run it less frequently.  In other
> words, I would like to run it every 120 days and then archive the bottom
> four months.
>
> It doesn't seem that you can change the auto archive setting above 60
> days.  Is there a way to do this?
>
> I have the box checked to ask me before auto archiving - but if I say no,
> will it continue to ask?  Or, will it never ask again?
>
> Essentially I would like to archive every 4 months and not more
> frequently - and I would like to archive my inbox and my sent items box
> into one pst archive.
>
> Is there a way to set this?
>
> TIA
>
> Louise

0
vince8328 (2733)
1/2/2007 12:34:43 PM
Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook] wrote:
> Oops, that was the key for OL2007. For OL2003, look here:
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Preferences
>
> "louise" <louise@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>> Outlook offers to Run Auto Archive every days.  It allows you to run it
>> more frequently, but I would like to run it less frequently.  In other
>> words, I would like to run it every 120 days and then archive the bottom
>> four months.
>>
>> It doesn't seem that you can change the auto archive setting above 60
>> days.  Is there a way to do this?
>>
>> I have the box checked to ask me before auto archiving - but if I say no,
>> will it continue to ask?  Or, will it never ask again?
>>
>> Essentially I would like to archive every 4 months and not more
>> frequently - and I would like to archive my inbox and my sent items box
>> into one pst archive.
>>
>> Is there a way to set this?
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Louise

Thanks for your help and it's on the right track - but I
can't find what to change.

I tried changing "archiveperiod" and that changed the
setting that tells Outlook how far back to go to archive.
In other words, if you want everything older than 3 months
or 4 months or x months, just change the archive period and
you get that.

But I can't figure out which item under preferences would
change the auto archive period.  Any ideas?

Louise
louise wrote:
> Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook] wrote:
>> Oops, that was the key for OL2007. For OL2003, look here:
>> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Preferences
>>
>> "louise" <louise@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>>> Outlook offers to Run Auto Archive every days.  It allows you to run
>>> it more frequently, but I would like to run it less frequently.  In
>>> other words, I would like to run it every 120 days and then archive
>>> the bottom four months.
>>>
>>> It doesn't seem that you can change the auto archive setting above 60
>>> days.  Is there a way to do this?
>>>
>>> I have the box checked to ask me before auto archiving - but if I say
>>> no, will it continue to ask?  Or, will it never ask again?
>>>
>>> Essentially I would like to archive every 4 months and not more
>>> frequently - and I would like to archive my inbox and my sent items
>>> box into one pst archive.
>>>
>>> Is there a way to set this?
>>>
>>> TIA
>>>
>>> Louise
>>

> Thanks for your help and it's on the right track - but I can't find what
> to change.
>
> I tried changing "archiveperiod" and that changed the setting that tells
> Outlook how far back to go to archive. In other words, if you want
> everything older than 3 months or 4 months or x months, just change the
> archive period and you get that.
>
> But I can't figure out which item under preferences would change the
> auto archive period.  Any ideas?
>
> Louise
Found it - it is called "everydays" and the default is 60.
You can change that to 90, or whatever, and then Outlook
offers the oppty. to auto archive every 90, or whatever days.

Thanks a lot.

Louise
louise wrote:
> louise wrote:
>> Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook] wrote:
>>> Oops, that was the key for OL2007. For OL2003, look here:
>>> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Preferences
>>>
>>> "louise" <louise@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

>> Thanks for your help and it's on the right track - but I can't find
>> what to change.
>>
>> I tried changing "archiveperiod" and that changed the setting that
>> tells Outlook how far back to go to archive. In other words, if you
>> want everything older than 3 months or 4 months or x months, just
>> change the archive period and you get that.
>>
>> But I can't figure out which item under preferences would change the
>> auto archive period.  Any ideas?
>>
>> Louise
> Found it - it is called "everydays" and the default is 60. You can
> change that to 90, or whatever, and then Outlook offers the oppty. to
> auto archive every 90, or whatever days.
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> Louise

Although the registry appears to accept a change so that
auto archive occurs at 90 or 120 days, or whevever you
choose, when you actually go to apply the setting in
Outlook, it tells you it must be every 60 days or less and
if you ignore the warning, it sets auto  archive to every day!

So, I still don't have a solution for changing the frequency
of auto archiving even though it looked good.

Any other ideas?

TIA

Louise

Outlook Sales

Auto transfer of row
I have a list of components to be ordered in each row is a cell with order number entered in it. What I want is to copy the row to anothe sheet (which is to be displayed at goods) when the order number i entered in that cell. Is this possible? many thanks for any help -- alanle ----------------------------------------------------------------------- alanled's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3094 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=57297 this could be acheived by using VLOOKUP function. if you want a perfect soluti...

outlook will not save my outgoing mail

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

Setting a dynamic range in a formula

Change position ID in HR