Outlook 2003 beta doesn't send body

I am getting the body of my message as a blank when using Outlook 2003 beta.

Is this a known bug and is there a fix?

Thanks,

Jon

There were a few bugs along those lines in the beta.  Most were fixed for
the "technical refresh" of the beta (do you have that?), but I think one was
even there in that.  As far as I know, all have been fixed in recent builds.

--
Jeff Stephenson
Outlook Development

"Jon" <davesmith2020@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I am getting the body of my message as a blank when using Outlook 2003
beta.

> Is this a known bug and is there a fix?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jon

0
stephenson (1246)
8/14/2003 1:27:38 AM
I have the technical refresh beta down and installed it. But these blank
message problems are happening after that.

Are you saying there are further downloads I can get to fix further bugs in
Outlook 2003 beta?

Thanks,

Jon

"Jeff Stephenson [MSFT]" <stephenson@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> There were a few bugs along those lines in the beta.  Most were fixed for
> the "technical refresh" of the beta (do you have that?), but I think one
was
> even there in that.  As far as I know, all have been fixed in recent
builds.

> --
> Jeff Stephenson
> Outlook Development
>

> "Jon" <davesmith2020@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I am getting the body of my message as a blank when using Outlook 2003
> beta.
> >
> > Is this a known bug and is there a fix?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Jon

No, there are no more updates available, but we do have internal builds that
fix problems found in the technical refresh.  What sort of mail account(s)
do you have, and in what format are the messages without bodies being sent?

--

> I have the technical refresh beta down and installed it. But these blank
> message problems are happening after that.
>
> Are you saying there are further downloads I can get to fix further bugs
in
> Outlook 2003 beta?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jon
>

> "Jeff Stephenson [MSFT]" <stephenson@online.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
> > There were a few bugs along those lines in the beta.  Most were fixed
for
> > the "technical refresh" of the beta (do you have that?), but I think one
> was
> > even there in that.  As far as I know, all have been fixed in recent
> builds.
> >
> > --
> > Jeff Stephenson
> > Outlook Development
rights

> > "Jon" <davesmith2020@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > I am getting the body of my message as a blank when using Outlook 2003
> > beta.
> > >
> > > Is this a known bug and is there a fix?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Jon

0
stephenson (1246)
8/14/2003 4:45:24 PM
I have standard POP mail accounts. Never had this problem before. We are
using the Outlook email composer rather than using Word 2003. And we are
using Plain Text format.

What happens is I am using a package found at www.emailtemplates.com. This
works fine. I can click on a template and it brings up a window with a
message in it.

Then, if I try to edit that message and then send the email, it loses the
editing. I just get the template message as before.

There is some vbscript in the message or in some cases <et> proprietory
tags.

Where do I get the other updates? Or are you saying they are only available
to Microsoft Employees?

Regards,

> No, there are no more updates available, but we do have internal builds
that
> fix problems found in the technical refresh.  What sort of mail account(s)
> do you have, and in what format are the messages without bodies being
sent?

> --
> Jeff Stephenson
> Outlook Development
>

> "Jon" <davesmith2020@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I have the technical refresh beta down and installed it. But these blank
> > message problems are happening after that.
> >
> > Are you saying there are further downloads I can get to fix further bugs
> in
> > Outlook 2003 beta?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Jon
> >

> > "Jeff Stephenson [MSFT]" <stephenson@online.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message
> > > There were a few bugs along those lines in the beta.  Most were fixed
> for
> > > the "technical refresh" of the beta (do you have that?), but I think
one
> > was
> > > even there in that.  As far as I know, all have been fixed in recent
> > builds.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Jeff Stephenson
> > > Outlook Development
> rights
> > >

> > > "Jon" <davesmith2020@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > beta.

Oops!

I forgot to mention. Now I can create a reply using a template and the
entire text gets sent. However, if I try to edit a paragraph of that text
and then send, the changes just disappear. I get the original template. It
"forgets" the changes I made.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Jon

> I have standard POP mail accounts. Never had this problem before. We are
> using the Outlook email composer rather than using Word 2003. And we are
> using Plain Text format.
>
> What happens is I am using a package found at www.emailtemplates.com. This
> works fine. I can click on a template and it brings up a window with a
> message in it.
>
> Then, if I try to edit that message and then send the email, it loses the
> editing. I just get the template message as before.
>
> There is some vbscript in the message or in some cases <et> proprietory
> tags.
>
> Where do I get the other updates? Or are you saying they are only
available
> to Microsoft Employees?
>
> Regards,
>
> Jon
>

> "Jeff Stephenson [MSFT]" <stephenson@online.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
> > No, there are no more updates available, but we do have internal builds
> that
> > fix problems found in the technical refresh.  What sort of mail
account(s)
> > do you have, and in what format are the messages without bodies being
> sent?
> >
> > --
> > Jeff Stephenson
> > Outlook Development
rights

> > "Jon" <davesmith2020@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > I have the technical refresh beta down and installed it. But these
blank
> > > message problems are happening after that.
> > >
> > > Are you saying there are further downloads I can get to fix further
bugs
> > in
> > > Outlook 2003 beta?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Jon
> > >

> > > "Jeff Stephenson [MSFT]" <stephenson@online.microsoft.com> wrote in
> > message
> > for
> one
> > > was
> > > builds.

> > rights

> 2003

Why can't I send my email in 2007 outlook trial version
I downloaded the trial version of the 2007 Outlook and all of a sudden I can't send out any replies to emails. I keep getting an error message. When I first downloaded it I could receive and send emails now I only seem to get junk emails in it and can't reply. what does the error message say? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips: http://www...

Outlook user profiles

Sharing Outlook #2

Synchronise Outlook 2003

Sending email but outbox is empty
Hi NG, When I press send/receive Outlook shows in its status bar that it works on sending emails (Sending messages 1 of 4) but there is not mail in outbox. As a result I currently cannot send any other mails since Outlook keeps working on the 4 emails I don't see. Any ideas, I am clueless? - Thanks a lot for any help!!!! Dirk ...

Importing Outlook 2003 to Win 98 Outlook

Sending URL in Outlook XP

Exchange 5.5 to 2003 Migration Question #3
Hello, We are currently migrating users to Exchange 2003 from 5.5. The 5.5 server is located here and the new 2003 server is located in a different office. One user (who we have moved already) is trying to access and user's calendar, but that user is still on 5.5. They are getting the following error: unable to display the folder. The information store could not be opened Any ideas on how to make the user on 2003 (running Outlook 2003) connect to the user's calendar on the 5.5 server? The user has the "Owner" permission on the 5.5 calendar. Thanks! ...

Report Designer on Visual Studio 2005: Is it possible without 2003?
Do I have to install Visual Studio .NET 2003 to design new reports on CRM? I can't publish them on CRM when I have only the Visual Studio 2005 installed on my machine. When I install the SRS Designer, the Wizard tells me that I do not have the Visual Studio 2003. Thanks in advance! You need VS to create report rdl file. Visual Studio 2005 should work. To publish report you can log into CRM to upload your report file. "Juliano" <tom@jager.com> wrote in message news:B5808A28-946C-4F78-92DF-1C965F74448A@microsoft.com... > Do I have to install Visual Studio .NET 2...

Outlook Signatures #4

Outlook 2003 cuts off lines

Microsoft Money 2003
When I try to print a chart or report, I get the message "This program has caused a default, etc." and it shuts down. Can you give me some hints on how to correct this? Thanks Is this all reports or a particular one? If it's only one, try resetting the report. If that doesn't help, try it in a new file. If it does it in multiple files, you may need to try updating your printer driver or removing and reinstalling Money. "Mary J" <mjohns04@mail.win.org> wrote in message news:035001c377cc$e2e77840$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When I try to print a chart or re...

Outlook 2002
We have a single user who is attaching multiple documents through DOCSOpen to an email message. If he saves this message so he can send it later, it will not send. He just hits the SEND button and nothing happens. According to him , this doesn't happen when he sends an email straight away. Only when it is saved. He has to restart his machine for the email to send. DOes anyone have any ideas? We are running XP with Office XP (2002-SP2) Thank you in advance ...

Promoting Email to CRM Activity in Outlook
Is there a way to associate an email to two accounts when promoting it to a CRM Activity? Lynn Lynn, if you'd like to link the email to multiple regarding objects, you're out of luck. Only one regarding object can be set, though the email will also be linked to all of the senders/recipients ('activity parties'). Ilana. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "MattNC" <MattNC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:70F78E3C-272A-4515-B393-38700C767B65@microsoft.com... > After you click the &qu...

Outlook/Exchange 2000 connection problem

Normally in Europe I cannot send e-mails now from USA
I just went for holidays to USA and brought my notebook with me - and now I receive mails in my Outlook Epxress, but cannot send e-mails in my different accounts. With gmx-account I solved the problem changing form 25 to 587, but with my other account nothing helps. The message I get is (in german, sorry) Fehler bei der Verbindung zum Server. Betreff *****, Konto: 'Liga für Kinder- und Jugendgesundheit', Server: 'mail.kinderjugendgesundheit.at', Protokoll: SMTP, Port: 587, Secure (SSL): Nein, Socketfehler: 10061, Fehlernummer: 0x800CCC0E Thanks for you...

Outlook 2002 cannot see address book

Outlook 2003: export accounts settings