Outlook 2003 asks for password two times

Hi All,

i am using Outlook 2003 and one IMAP account is
configured. everytime i start outlook it asks for the
password two times. it really irritates the users.

do anyone have any idea of why it is doing that.

Thanks
Regards
0
akai_uh (3)

akshat wrote:

> i am using Outlook 2003 and one IMAP account is
> configured. everytime i start outlook it asks for the
> password two times. it really irritates the users.

Oh good!  Someone else with the same problem.  I believe I posted a
question, but no reply.  Same situation - Outlook 2003, one IMAP
account, and it asks me the password twice.

Nowadays I just enter it once, and cancel the other.  I can still open
the folder and access my email.

What I also noticed is that if I enter my password twice and move the
outlook 2003 window over slightly, there's another Outlook window right
behind it!  I'm guessing this is opened by the second password entry.
Enter the password only once and you will get only one window.  Can you
confirm this?

My suspicions:

1. I used F.A.S.T. (File And Settings Transfer Wizard) to import my
settings from an older PC.  I had to do this twice to import two user
accounts...I think that my have screwed up something.

2. I had set "iconify to system tray" for some time, but I reverted back
to an icon on the task bar.  This seems remote, but may have something
to do with the bug.

3. MS's IMAP implementation is buggy...?

Any clues would be appreciated.

--
Himanshu (Please remove XXX from my email address to reply by email)
0

Timed Rental
Retail Management Systems Ltd. has just released a new addon for Timed Rental. RMS TimeZone allows you to rent out 'zones'. The easy thing is, you decide what a zone is. Whether you own a golf dome, billiard hall, shooting range (see list below for many other industries) you have the power to specify base pricing, minimum times, and additional per minute pricing. The visual interface tells the employees which zones are occupied/rented, by which customer, and how long the zone has been in use. TimeZone supports an unlimited number of zones. This add-on provides easy to use mouse...

Crash on 'Send"

how do i add time up in exel
everytime i use =sum(a1:a30)*24 i keep getting an odd number even though i only enter even numbers ,this is to add my hours worked in a month Tell us what's in a1:a30. If they are all even numbers, you should definitely get an even result. But if they include minutes, you can get an odd number of hours. -- Regards, Fred Please reply to newsgroup, not e-mail "loadie" <loadie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12306C49-050C-4DED-AD75-2ECEE54A24F7@microsoft.com... > everytime i use =sum(a1:a30)*24 i keep getting an odd number even though > i &g...

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Outlook "Ruler" won't go away

Outlook 2003

cant start outlook pst file to large

Reminders in Outlook

Outlook default to paragraph

Time differances
1 have 4 boxes start time end time lunch hours worked 09:00 17:00 1.00 7:00 09:00 17:00 0.30 7:70 (should be 7:50) (B3-A3)*24-C3 How do I make it 9.5 hours by changing forumla Thanks Trever, =(B3-A3)*24-C3*24 Format for General, Number, or anything except Date/Time. Format - Cells - Number. You'll get 7.5. If you got 7:50, as you requested, it would look like hours and minutes. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com "Trever B" <TreverB@discussions.microsoft.c...

Addressing within Exchange 2003

Office 2003, Outlook (Outlook Today)...

Outlook Express 6 w/multiple accounts

Looking for help on timing within a function
At the facility I work, our associates use a very basic access database to sign out individual work orders on an interval of around every 12 minutes. They have asked if it would be possible to put a timer on the front page of the database to show how long they have been working on the current work order, updating each time they sing out another order. I am not very adept at access nor is the rest of our management staff. Is it possible to add this function, so they can better keep time of their work being done? Use the Form Timer event. Here is an example of how it can be done. In this ex...

Import from Eudora 6 to Outlook 2003