Outlook 2003 and PDA hold getting messages

I am running XP Pro, Outlook 2003 with latest SP's and have a ongoing
problem I can not solve.
My Dell Axim is connected, and Active Sync is set to stay up to date
automatically, this part works.
Outlook is set to access my POP account every 3 minutes. I am a SOHO so I
need my mail. Well Outlook will not go get the message every 3 min UNLESS I
remove the Dell from its docking station.  It will check messages if I F9
outlook, or manually click the send/receive radio button.. I have tried
different times and nothing seems to work.. Is there some setting somewhere
I am missing?

TIA

0
JET

JET <lifehelth at comcast dot net> wrote:

> I am running XP Pro, Outlook 2003 with latest SP's and have a ongoing
> problem I can not solve.
> My Dell Axim is connected, and Active Sync is set to stay up to date
> automatically, this part works.
> Outlook is set to access my POP account every 3 minutes. I am a SOHO
> so I need my mail. Well Outlook will not go get the message every 3
> min UNLESS I remove the Dell from its docking station.  It will check
> messages if I F9 outlook, or manually click the send/receive radio
> button.. I have tried different times and nothing seems to work.. Is
> there some setting somewhere I am missing?

Do you need your messages on your Axim?  If not, try disabling Inbox
synchronization and see if that makes a difference.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
8/31/2005 2:42:17 PM
Yes I do, I am in the insurance business and messages are very important
when out in the field!

> JET <lifehelth at comcast dot net> wrote:
>
>> I am running XP Pro, Outlook 2003 with latest SP's and have a ongoing
>> problem I can not solve.
>> My Dell Axim is connected, and Active Sync is set to stay up to date
>> automatically, this part works.
>> Outlook is set to access my POP account every 3 minutes. I am a SOHO
>> so I need my mail. Well Outlook will not go get the message every 3
>> min UNLESS I remove the Dell from its docking station.  It will check
>> messages if I F9 outlook, or manually click the send/receive radio
>> button.. I have tried different times and nothing seems to work.. Is
>> there some setting somewhere I am missing?
>
> Do you need your messages on your Axim?  If not, try disabling Inbox
> synchronization and see if that makes a difference.
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
JET