Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Hi,
We are testing Outlook 2003 at our office now and there is
one very frustrating "feature" that is bugging all of us.
When we create a new e-mail message and type in the first
name of a person from the global address book and hit ctrl-
k to check the name...we get a response that Outlook
doesn't recognize the name and there are "no suggestions".
The only way Check Name will successfully resolve the name
is if we type it last name first (ie, Gates, Bill). This
was not the case in Office XP or Outlook 2000. You could
search by first name (or partial first name).

Is there an option that we are missing? This is very
frustrating because not everyone in the company knows
everyone's last name (1000s of users)...so searching by
first name is often the easiest.

Thanks!
-Scott Tingley
0