Outlook 2003 Account Changed by System

An outlook mail account changes it's POP mail server
to "localhost" and login to username/mailserver each time
the machine is rebooted and Outlook 03 is started again.
Problem then arises of not being able to send mail
successfully because of the relaying error.

OS: WINXP PRO
APP: Outlook 2003

Work around seems to be to login securely to the SMTP
server to send mail but ....

Is this a new way of doing it?

Brad
0
anonymous (74722)

It is your antivirus or firewall software that is doing this.  Turn off mail
scanning in the AV and check your firewall configuration for mail scanning
as well.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer:
Brad <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked:
| An outlook mail account changes it's POP mail server
| to "localhost" and login to username/mailserver each time
| the machine is rebooted and Outlook 03 is started again.
| Problem then arises of not being able to send mail
| successfully because of the relaying error.
|
| OS: WINXP PRO
| APP: Outlook 2003
|
| Work around seems to be to login securely to the SMTP
| server to send mail but ....
|
| Is this a new way of doing it?
|
| Brad

0
MillyS4407 (663)
11/27/2003 6:12:26 AM
Bugger, thanks Milly. I'll try that.

Brad

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
<MillyS@donteventhinkaboutsendingmemail.mvps.org> wrote in message
> It is your antivirus or firewall software that is doing this.  Turn off
mail
> scanning in the AV and check your firewall configuration for mail scanning
> as well.
>
> --�
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.
>

> After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer:
> Brad <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked:
> | An outlook mail account changes it's POP mail server
> | to "localhost" and login to username/mailserver each time
> | the machine is rebooted and Outlook 03 is started again.
> | Problem then arises of not being able to send mail
> | successfully because of the relaying error.
> |
> | OS: WINXP PRO
> | APP: Outlook 2003
> |
> | Work around seems to be to login securely to the SMTP
> | server to send mail but ....
> |
> | Is this a new way of doing it?
> |
> | Brad

0
bytedig (2)

Invalid Account on the Security Tab
I deleted an account from AD, and it was listed under the security tab of my server (in ESM), to have full mailbox rights to the information store. I tried removing the inherited permissions, and removing the acct. The I set the inherited permissions back, and the invalid acct. comes back. Does anyone know how I can remove this invalid acct. from the security tab? Thanks. Remove it from the top-level where it was granted permissions. When you set inherited permissions and the account comes back, that means that that account has been granted permissions at a higher level. If you'v...

changing axes
I currently have categories going from 1st of may to 11th may. How do I get it to just have labels for the even numbers (2nd/4th/6th/8th/10th)? Also, how do I have 10,20, 30, 40 amd 50 on the value axis. How do I remove the bottom one (10) but keep the rest? Chart type? Generally you have little control over non-uniform display of axis tick labels. But you can sometimes get what you want with custom number formats. For the Y axis, you could use a format like [=10]"";General For the horizontal axis, you have to start the axis at 0 March (i.e., 29 Feb) and suppress the fir...

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

What's the rootname appearing in System Manager
Hello, I am looking at a SBS server in a domain called "whatever.nl", with a computername "win2003". When I open the System Manager, the top element is called "MAILSERVER (Exchange)". Is this a default name, or something chosen during installation of Exchange? Also, when I open Server Management, under advanced management there's a node for the Exchange System Manager, however the name is "First Organization (Exchange)". When I highlight it, the name changes to "MAILSERVER (Exchange)". Is that normal? -M Hi, the name of the to...

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

Change position ID in HR

cannot open hyper links in outlook