Outlook 2003 - 2 MSN http accounts - all sent email goes to 1 fold

I set up Outlook 2003 with 2 email accounts for my wife and me.
We are using MSN http.
All email sent from either inbox ends up in a single (default) sent items
folder under my account.

Is there any way to have my wife's sent email go to her sent items folder
and my sent email go to my sent items folder?

Thanks for the help.

Tim
0
Tim6814 (325)

Only if you use rules or each have your own Outlook profile.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Tim" <Tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I set up Outlook 2003 with 2 email accounts for my wife and me.
> We are using MSN http.
> All email sent from either inbox ends up in a single (default) sent items
> folder under my account.
>
> Is there any way to have my wife's sent email go to her sent items folder
> and my sent email go to my sent items folder?
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> Tim

0
outlookmvp (5838)
7/21/2007 7:30:44 PM
Thanks for the response.

I finally figured this out too.
Solution: Set up wife in Outlook Express and I keep Outlook account!
She does not understand profiles and only wants email with minimal options.

"Diane Poremsky" wrote:

> Only if you use rules or each have your own Outlook profile.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> "Tim" <Tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I set up Outlook 2003 with 2 email accounts for my wife and me.
> > We are using MSN http.
> > All email sent from either inbox ends up in a single (default) sent items
> > folder under my account.
> >
> > Is there any way to have my wife's sent email go to her sent items folder
> > and my sent email go to my sent items folder?
> >
> > Thanks for the help.
> >
> > Tim

0
Tim6814 (325)
7/21/2007 7:56:00 PM
That's a good solution too, especially if she doesn't use the calendar or
doesn't need a calendar of her own and can share yours.  You can keep both
programs open at the same time too.

--

> Thanks for the response.
>
> I finally figured this out too.
> Solution: Set up wife in Outlook Express and I keep Outlook account!
> She does not understand profiles and only wants email with minimal
> options.
>

> "Diane Poremsky" wrote:
>
>> Only if you use rules or each have your own Outlook profile.
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

>> "Tim" <Tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I set up Outlook 2003 with 2 email accounts for my wife and me.
>> > We are using MSN http.
>> > All email sent from either inbox ends up in a single (default) sent
>> > items
>> > folder under my account.
>> >
>> > Is there any way to have my wife's sent email go to her sent items
>> > folder
>> > and my sent email go to my sent items folder?
>> >
>> > Thanks for the help.
>> >
>> > Tim

0
outlookmvp (5838)

Comparing 2 columns
Column A is full of names (none repeating). Column B has names as well, and the same name MIGHT already be in column A. I want a formula in column C that will first look at cell B1, then search all of Column A, and either answer YES or NO if it is found. I though an If statement would work, but it isnt. I wrote the following - =IF(B1=(A1:A25),"Yes","No") However, this is only returning NO as an answer, even if the name in B1 IS located in the range of A1:A25. Am I doing something wrong, or does this only work for values and not text ? Using Excel 2000, SP2 ly...

Access 2003 & the Database Documenter
I want to print out some TableDefs as a reference as I work on myapplication code. But I can't find that thing that used to be called the"Database Documenter".Did they take it out of Access 2003 or did they hide it in some differentplace that I am not seeing?Help?-- Peace & happy computing,Mike Labosh, MCSD MCTOwner, vbSensei.Com"Escriba coda ergo sum." -- vbSensei > I want to print out some TableDefs as a reference as I work on my> application code. But I can't find that thing that used to be called the> "Database Documenter".Nevermind, I f...

sheet tab #2
I want to change font size of sheet 's name. What should I do? thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=46907739-afa1-4f71-aca6-a3a341bef4ec&dg=microsoft.public.exc...

outlook not good
Help: Since I loaded Outlook on Thursday (as part of an Office 2003 upgrade) I have not been able to find (or receive?) e-mails on Outlook whereas I still receive and find e-mails easily on Outlook Express (which came with my Comcast broadband service) ... any clues as to what I'm doing wrong regarding Outlook e-mail? Thank you in advance for your help. any clues? - not really you dont give any error msgs or? Tried, in OL, Importing yr mail settings from OE? David "william" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:391701c3e297$a9268980$a401280a...

Ingenico i6550 on 2.0.0114
Hi All, I am having a hard time finding any information on installation and configuration of the i6550. Would anyone out there be willing to share their documentation and/or procedures with me? I followed the KB article 935588 but all I get is a blank screen once the device boots. I have gleaned that I need several things to make this work: Form Designer for the device Ingenico OPOS driver newer than 2.4 (?) Better configuration documentation Sample receipt template (?) I would appreciate any detailed documentation that I can get my hands on. Thanks all very much! I installed 7 of th...

Help! Can't open my Outlook 2003
Message I get is: Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook Window. The set of folders could not be opened. The server is not available. Contact your administrator if this condition persists. Need suggestion on what to do please. What type of email account do you use? Did it work before? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outloo...

help with outlook 2002 XP
I deleted an old exchange server account as it always showed an error when send/receiving. When I did this I lost all inboz and calendar -- can I retrieve any of this data??? Also cannot even send emails as message pops up saying no data files available. ANy thoughts? ...

Access 2000 to 2003 Conversion
Hi, We are about to move to 2003 from 2000. While the Access 2000 file format is compatible with 2003 I wanted to find out if there are reasons we should try and convert all our databases to 2003? Are we going to have any issues if we leave them in the 2000 format and just use them in 2003? Thanks, -- Jonathan Thomas Hampshire County Council The 2002/2003 format is supposed to be faster and more stable than the 2000 format. Microsoft's recommendation is that if everyone is using Access 2002 or 2003 you should use the new format. However, if the 2000 format is working satisfacto...

Outlook 2000 (Win2K Pro) connection problems
Hi Everyone, I have a few workstations that cannot connect to an Exchange 2000 server from Outlook 2000 (Win2k Pro). Access is still available via OWA and everything was working as of this past Friday. I receive a "The logon credentials supplied were incorrect. Make sure your username and domain are correct, then type your password again." error message when the correct credentials are supplied and tried to use this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321652/en-us KB with no success. On my XP Pro workstation with Office 2000, I am able to connect as normal. So far I have tried, re...

Can't see 2 open workbooks listed in the Window tab
Using Excel 2003 When I have two workbooks open I think I should see both of the workbooks listed in the Window tab on the Menu Bar. I only see the workbook file I am in. What can I do to correct this? This is not a question on charting, but let's be nice for a change :-) The 'problem' you describe pops up when you open Excel twice, what might happen when you double-click the file from the Explorer to open it while Excel already is open. It will not happen if you have Excel open and open the file from within. HTH, Henk "TomD" wrote: > Using Excel 2003 &...

Outlook 2010 04-19-10
Testing Office 2010 but before using any of the suite need to setup up Outlook first but cannot Import CSV file addressbook from either 2003 or 2007 in to it. Error message "Invalid SAM ID" and following global search it can be done with a "translator" but no one seems to know where to get it from so still cannot use Outlook. Although a beta product Outlook is specifically a communications application but not being able to easily import your contacts makes the application totally useless! I would have thought that MS would have at least made sure that the mos...

CRM 3.0
Hi, I have been reading forums for a while now and have tried basically everything that I could get my hands on to try and resolve my problem and have not been successful. Here is my setup, the problem and then followed by what I have tried: Setup: --------- SBS 2003 Server 4 Gig of Ram, CRM 3.0 GIGbit Lan Mixture of XP and Vista PCs. (Total of 10 stations using the CRM) Problem: ------------ I have changed IE User Authentication to prompt for username and password. Login with any user account using IE 7 on XP or Vista. The Side Panel and Header display almost instantly. The First page is t...

Outlook closes when opened
Almost every time i try to open my mail in Internet Explorer using Outlook 2003 outlook closes. THe only way i can read my mail is after I reboot and check for any errors in the system. Any answers out there. ...

Changing Default Save Location for Email Attachments
Hey gang.. I understand the Tools>Options>General tab allows you to change the default open/save file for Excel, however, this does not work when you open a file received as an attachment. The Save As location changes to one of the Temp folders. Does anyone know how to change this? I use Outlook 2002 - and this may be impossible, but it is extremely irritating and I would love to find out how to change this Thanks --Shane Hi shane try Ron's sendmail add-in: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Shane wrote: > Hey gang... > > I ...

Create Pareto Chart in Excel? #2
Thanks for the responses. The data is in a sorted frequenc distribution. I have the data analysis add-in installed, but i couldn' locate the data analysis pull down or the histogram with pareto option I'm running excel 2000, I can still create a pareto with this versio correct -- Tycon2 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Tycon22's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1626 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27698 The bottom entry on the Tools menu should be "Data Analysi...

Delayed Sent Message
In order for a delayed sent message to be sent, do you have to be logged into Outlook? Or if you are logged off and your computer is off, will the delayed message still go? It depends. If you're using an Exchange server (and are *not* using cached mode in Outlook 2003), the mail will be sent even if your computer is off. Otherwise, you will need to leave Outlook running for the message to be sent. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Sandy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Wrong accounts processing order
My Outlook 2003 does not obey the accounts processing order as they are configured in e-mail accounts settings. What may be wrong? Thanks in advance. Rosivaldo. Rosivaldo Fernandes Alves <rfa@jfse.gov.br> wrote: > My Outlook 2003 does not obey the accounts processing order as they > are configured in e-mail accounts settings. What may be wrong? Doesn't obey it when? What are your trying to do and how do you know the accounts aren't being processed in the proper order? -- Brian Tillman When I press F9, or when Outlook automatically verifies every account (each...

Missing contacts Exchange 2003
Weid, there are no contacts in the main Contacts folder, is there a way to import them from AD to Exchange 2003? Thanks AD contacts show up in the GAL. Each user has their own private contacts folder. -GT "Tomek" <tomaszch@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:7eda0bae.0409180906.1c7c6ce2@posting.google.com... > Weid, there are no contacts in the main Contacts folder, is there a > way to import them from AD to Exchange 2003? > > Thanks ...

"Unable to display folder" accessing additional mailboxes in Outlook 2003 as administrator
Article 262399 properly describes the process, however for a new machine with Windows 2003 Server, Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003 (on console), this right appears to be already granted to all mailboxes. That is "domain"\administrator already has full mailbox access although it appears greyed out on purpose. Deleting and re-adding is not allowed. So, if one logs onto the console as an administrator and adds the additional mailboxes to the exchange server profile, one gets the typical "unable to display folder" when clicking on the mailbox in Outlook 2003. Even though th...

outlook backup #5
my HDD crashed, the technician took the whole disk backup in a new HDD. I searched for .Pst but couldnt locate. Please advise the procedure for locating .pst file, address book & also procedure to import the message & address book in the new outlook. I am using windows Xp (home) & office XP. I have data in both microsoft outlook & outlook exp. First, search within hidden folders to find your PST. Second, do NOT import it. Just reuse it. All you data is in that one file. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm...

Outlook damaged PST file
have run the Inbox Repair tool on what Outlook tells me is a damaged PST file. I do not get an option to repair the file. I have moved the file so that it is not available to Outlook but it still appears in the Mail pane as a folder. I can't remove it. I would just like to get rid of it. If I leave the damaged file so that Outlook can access it I also can't remove it since I get a message that elements are missing. Once you've moved the file, you should be able to right-click the entry in the mail pane and select Close. -Peter "DonBob" <DonBob@discussions.micr...

Form format changed from 2003 to 2007
I have import an application I developed in Access 2003 to Access 2007. All of my forms are now showing up full screen with a tab. Even the small forms, such as the CopyRight, which is supposed to be a small 2” by 3” window. It now takes up the full screen with a tab and my 2” x 3” message on a full screen white background. This is true with all my forms. Is wish to keep the old look and fell until I have time to migrate the forms over. Right now, they look stupid in 2007. Is there some simple property or config setting that will allow my forms to be windows at the size I had ...

Ex5.5 Very Slow Restore from Tape #2
One of my users accidentally erased some information from a public folder, so now I have to restore from backup. I have done this before and I don't seem to recall any problems. However this time, the restore seems to be taking forever. I have shut down all the Exchange services and am using ntbackup to restore the public folders file (pub.edb). Right now, the restore has been running for 90 minutes. The Exchange backup is the first thing on this tape. The pub.edb is about 500Mb and the priv.edb is 2Gb. There are also some files from the server's C: drive on this tape. I tried restori...

Problems with syncing with MSN since udating Bank of America
I am a Bank of America customer so I updated the account per last weekends instructions. Every since then I cannot sync with MSN Money on line. Also a number of other accounts no longer updata including ING Direct, Chase, Circuit City. I uninstalled and reinstalled Money 2006 Deluxe. I tried earlier versions of my back up files to before the update but nothing works. Oh by the way I installed the Beta of IE 7 but have since uninstalled it. I am not sure if the problems started when I did the Bank update or when I did the IE 7 beta. I have tried phone support but no luck. Any sugg...

how to use collapse/ expand fuction in excel like outlook