Outlook 2002 XP SP 3 Archive problem

Hi there

I am trying to get my newly configured outlook to archive my folders.
I have ust configured it to download two POP email accounts and that
works fine. I have set up a set of folders below my outlook (Personal
Folders / pst) inbox node and placed the relevant emails in the
corresponding folders. I have gone into tools -> options -> other ->
and pressed the "AutoArchive..." button -> and set the "clean out
folders older than" selection boxes to "3" and "Months" and pressed
the "apply these setting to all folders" button.

I then went to the file menu and selected archive then with the
Personal Folder Node highlighted I pressed Ok.  Outlooks Folder List
Pane then displayed another Personal folder node (which is my
archive). The thing is that has copied all the folder structure but no
data. The reason that this is very annoying is that as I have just
configured Outlook to download emails that have not been collected via
POP before. The majority of these exceed the 3 Months that I specified
earlier and some are actually years old.

I than checked to see if the actual archive file existed and it did:
I:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data
\Microsoft\Outlook\Archive.pst. I than went to manually archive again
but the file size stayed constant, the structure of the archive stayed
the same but it still contained no actual emails.

Please can someone help this confused Soul.

Thanks for any help and advice

Regards

DannyBoy

0
dandeasy (2)

On 27 Feb, 21:23, "DannyBoy" <dande...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi there
>
> I am trying to get my newly configured outlook to archive my folders.
> I have ust configured it to download two POP email accounts and that
> works fine. I have set up a set of folders below my outlook (Personal
> Folders / pst) inbox node and placed the relevant emails in the
> corresponding folders. I have gone into tools -> options -> other ->
> and pressed the "AutoArchive..." button -> and set the "clean out
> folders older than" selection boxes to "3" and "Months" and pressed
> the "apply these setting to all folders" button.
>
> I then went to the file menu and selected archive then with the
> Personal Folder Node highlighted I pressed Ok.  Outlooks Folder List
> Pane then displayed another Personal folder node (which is my
> archive). The thing is that has copied all the folder structure but no
> data. The reason that this is very annoying is that as I have just
> configured Outlook to download emails that have not been collected via
> POP before. The majority of these exceed the 3 Months that I specified
> earlier and some are actually years old.
>
> I than checked to see if the actual archive file existed and it did:
> I:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data
> \Microsoft\Outlook\Archive.pst. I than went to manually archive again
> but the file size stayed constant, the structure of the archive stayed
> the same but it still contained no actual emails.
>
> Please can someone help this confused Soul.
>
> Thanks for any help and advice
>
> Regards
>
> DannyBoy

P.S I have also checked that these properties and cut and pasted the
paths that they contained below:

Folder List Pane -> Archive Folders- > Right Click  -> Properties for
Archive Folder -> General Tab -> Advanced button ->
Filename (non-editable textbox)
displays                                               :=   I:
\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data
\Microsoft\Outlook\Archive.pst

File -> Archive -> "Archive File"
textbox                                                 :=   I:
\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data
\Microsoft\Outlook\Archive.pst

Tools -> Options -> Other -> AutoArchive -> "Move old Items to"
textbox  :=   I:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings
\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\archive.pst

0
dandeasy (2)
2/27/2007 9:45:18 PM
DannyBoy <dandeasy@googlemail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to get my newly configured outlook to archive my folders.
> I have ust configured it to download two POP email accounts and that
> works fine. I have set up a set of folders below my outlook (Personal
> Folders / pst) inbox node and placed the relevant emails in the
> corresponding folders. I have gone into tools -> options -> other ->
> and pressed the "AutoArchive..." button -> and set the "clean out
> folders older than" selection boxes to "3" and "Months" and pressed
> the "apply these setting to all folders" button.
>
> I then went to the file menu and selected archive then with the
> Personal Folder Node highlighted I pressed Ok.  Outlooks Folder List
> Pane then displayed another Personal folder node (which is my
> archive). The thing is that has copied all the folder structure but no
> data. The reason that this is very annoying is that as I have just
> configured Outlook to download emails that have not been collected via
> POP before. The majority of these exceed the 3 Months that I specified
> earlier and some are actually years old.

Since you just downloaded all those messages and moved them, they have been
modified.  Outlook won't archive them until they have been in your folders
for three months, since that's what you told it to do.  Outlook does not use
the Received date to determine an items age, but the Modified date which,
either because the messages were just received or because you moved them to
another folder, will be the date they were pulled from the mailbox or moved.
Add the Modified date to the header line with Field Chooser to see the date.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

multiple Domain name delivery problem

applying auto archiving
Hello evryone. I am not a sys admin or a programmer. My company is short on cash. So I am trying my best for the past 2 weeks to find a solution for auto archiving for all 200 mailbox users that we have. I have implemented a GPO to apply settings for auto archiving but the problem we have is that the archive.pst is still locall. I have researched online and foung that CDO can help view the hidden "IPC.MS.Outlook.AgingProperties" and alter it and this CDO can loop nd perform the same task for all folders within a user’s mailbox. I would like some help with this please. I know t...

pop3 #3
My outlook express hasnt been working since I got my new Dell computer. It says that the "POP3" isnt connected so i cant receive or send e-mail!!! HELP!! How do i fix this problem? I've tried calling Dell and Microsoft and have waited hours on the phone and have not gotten any assistance! Who is your ISP/mail host? Seems like you might want to contact them for support. I presume you can get to the Internet just fine.... rose wrote: > My outlook express hasnt been working since I got my new > Dell computer. It says that the "POP3" isnt connected so > i ca...

Crash on 'Send"

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Exchange update problem

SQL deadlock problem