Outlook 2002 vs. WinXP-SP2 -- Send/Receive Errors

Strange problem.  I am running Outlook 2002 on a WinXP/Home system, and
acquired Service Pack 2 for WinXP via auto-update yesterday.

Now Outlook 2002 won't send or receive mail on any of the three accounts I
have set up; I consistently get "unknown error" messages.  One of the two
accounts returns 0x80046800 as the unknown error, the other two return
0x80040813.  The problem does *not* appear to be a firewall issue, as
disabling the new Windows Firewall doesn't help, nor does adding OUTLOOK.EXE
to the firewall's exception list.  I have been prowling in the Knowledge
Base and on the general support pages for both Outlook and WinXP SP2 -- the
Office Update engine reports that I'm up to date on patch downloads -- but
haven't found anything that appears to address this issue.

Suggestions?

--
 = John C. Bunnell
 = JCBunnell@sff.net

     "It's only fair to warn you, I've been trained by one of
       the greatest martial arts masters in all Kurdistan.  If you try to
      lay a hand on me I'll have to club you with a rubber fish."
          -- Twenty-Nine Words for Snow

0
JCBunnell (6)

I seem to have problems, but only sometimes with my Outlook 2000 on my Wiin
XP + SP2 system since I downloaded the update.
My error message I believe says "cannot find the server."
Sometimes my email remains in the outbox, but if I close Outlook and re-open
it might send.
David Elliott.
"John C. Bunnell" <JCBunnell@sff.net> wrote in message
> Strange problem.  I am running Outlook 2002 on a WinXP/Home system, and
> acquired Service Pack 2 for WinXP via auto-update yesterday.
>
> Now Outlook 2002 won't send or receive mail on any of the three accounts I
> have set up; I consistently get "unknown error" messages.  One of the two
> accounts returns 0x80046800 as the unknown error, the other two return
> 0x80040813.  The problem does *not* appear to be a firewall issue, as
> disabling the new Windows Firewall doesn't help, nor does adding
> OUTLOOK.EXE to the firewall's exception list.  I have been prowling in the
> Knowledge Base and on the general support pages for both Outlook and WinXP
> SP2 -- the Office Update engine reports that I'm up to date on patch
> downloads -- but haven't found anything that appears to address this
> issue.
>
> Suggestions?
>
> --
> = John C. Bunnell
> = JCBunnell@sff.net
> = http://www.sff.net/people/jcbunnell/
> = http://www.livejournal.com/users/djonn/
>
>     "It's only fair to warn you, I've been trained by one of
>       the greatest martial arts masters in all Kurdistan.  If you try to
>      lay a hand on me I'll have to club you with a rubber fish."
>          -- Twenty-Nine Words for Snow

> I seem to have problems, but only sometimes with my Outlook
> 2000 on my Wiin XP + SP2 system since I downloaded the update.

Don't know what your issue is -- a Windows Firewall setting, maybe ? -- but
mine has turned out to *not* be an SP2 problem after all, at least not
directly -- I finally got a different error on attempting to send a message
that prompted me to run the Inbox Repair Tool (duh!), and that appears to
have fixed matters.

--
 = John C. Bunnell
 = JCBunnell@sff.net
 = http://www.sff.net/people/jcbunnell/
 = http://www.livejournal.com/users/djonn/

     "It's only fair to warn you, I've been trained by one of
       the greatest martial arts masters in all Kurdistan.  If you try to
      lay a hand on me I'll have to club you with a rubber fish."
          -- Twenty-Nine Words for Snow

0
JCBunnell (6)

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

OL 2002 Hanging up When Attaching Docs

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Outlook Sales

CSV Files and VLOOKUP error

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

Document Viewer installer error