Outlook 2002 "Today" error

I get this "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access
the specified folder location. The folder no longer exists."

any ideas?

thanks

harry

harry <a_harrison_uk@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> I get this "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not
> access the specified folder location. The folder no longer exists."

Open your mail profile (Control Panel>Mail) and see where Outlook is
expecting to find your PST.  Verify that it is where it is supposed to be.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
4/12/2005 1:37:05 PM
I checked that & in my case it's looking for -

"E:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application
Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.pst"

&

"E:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application
Data\Microsoft\Outlook\archive.pst"

which exist - any other ideas?

> harry <a_harrison_uk@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > I get this "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not
> > access the specified folder location. The folder no longer exists."
>
> Open your mail profile (Control Panel>Mail) and see where Outlook is
> expecting to find your PST.  Verify that it is where it is supposed to be.
> --
> Brian Tillman

found & ran the scanpst.exe on both .pst files but still no difference?

"harry" <a_harrison_uk@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> I checked that & in my case it's looking for -
>
> "E:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application
> Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.pst"
>
> &
>
> "E:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application
> Data\Microsoft\Outlook\archive.pst"
>
> which exist - any other ideas?
>

> "Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > harry <a_harrison_uk@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> > > I get this "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not
> > > access the specified folder location. The folder no longer exists."
> >
> > Open your mail profile (Control Panel>Mail) and see where Outlook is
> > expecting to find your PST.  Verify that it is where it is supposed to
be.
> > --
> > Brian Tillman

harry <a_harrison_uk@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> I checked that & in my case it's looking for -
>
> "E:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application
> Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.pst"
>
> &
>
> "E:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application
> Data\Microsoft\Outlook\archive.pst"
>
> which exist - any other ideas?

Are you logged on using the built-in Administrator account?
--
Brian Tillman
0

also just noticed I get the same error when clicking on "notes" & "deleted
items" - any ideas?

> yes!

harry <a_harrison_uk@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> also just noticed I get the same error when clicking on "notes" &
> "deleted items" - any ideas?

Make sure the permissions on the PST and on the folder path to the PST is
correct.  Run the Inbox Repair Tool on the PSTs to see if they report and
errors.  What is the size of those PSTs?  Can you open the Archive PST
(FIle>Open>Outlook Data File) and see in its folders?
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
4/13/2005 1:59:42 PM
ran the tool & no errors
 archive.pst   = 5,858,304
 outlook.pst = 109,346,816 (pretty big!)

so did a mailbox cleanup & got this down to about 27mg -still when clicking
from -

 Outlook Shortcuts - "outlook today", "notes", "deleted items"

 My Shortcuts - "drafts", "outbox", "journal"

I get "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the
specified folder location. The folder no longer exists."

If I try and open them using "File>Open>Outlook Data File" as you suggested
it's still the same - I can see the other folders fine but not those above!

Any other ideas?

thanks

harry

> harry <a_harrison_uk@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > also just noticed I get the same error when clicking on "notes" &
> > "deleted items" - any ideas?
>
> Make sure the permissions on the PST and on the folder path to the PST is
> correct.  Run the Inbox Repair Tool on the PSTs to see if they report and
> errors.  What is the size of those PSTs?  Can you open the Archive PST
> (FIle>Open>Outlook Data File) and see in its folders?
> --
> Brian Tillman

harry <a_harrison_uk@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> ran the tool & no errors
> archive.pst   = 5,858,304
> outlook.pst = 109,346,816 (pretty big!)
>
> so did a mailbox cleanup & got this down to about 27mg -still when
> clicking from -
>
> Outlook Shortcuts - "outlook today", "notes", "deleted items"
>
> My Shortcuts - "drafts", "outbox", "journal"
>
> I get "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not
> access the specified folder location. The folder no longer exists."
>
> If I try and open them using "File>Open>Outlook Data File" as you
> suggested it's still the same - I can see the other folders fine but
> not those above!

The only other suggestion I have is to create a new PST, make it your
delivery location, and copy what you can to the new PST.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
4/13/2005 8:24:43 PM
Thanks for all your help anyway Brian, what's odd is clicking on the actual
folder's in the folder list works but not the left hand tool bar - outlook
shortcuts!

have to live with it for now!

cheers

harry

> harry <a_harrison_uk@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > ran the tool & no errors
> > archive.pst   = 5,858,304
> > outlook.pst = 109,346,816 (pretty big!)
> >
> > so did a mailbox cleanup & got this down to about 27mg -still when
> > clicking from -
> >
> > Outlook Shortcuts - "outlook today", "notes", "deleted items"
> >
> > My Shortcuts - "drafts", "outbox", "journal"
> >
> > I get "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not
> > access the specified folder location. The folder no longer exists."
> >
> > If I try and open them using "File>Open>Outlook Data File" as you
> > suggested it's still the same - I can see the other folders fine but
> > not those above!
>
> The only other suggestion I have is to create a new PST, make it your
> delivery location, and copy what you can to the new PST.
> --
> Brian Tillman

ah ha, way around it is to remove those icons from the toolbar then drag
replacements from the folders - all works now! - spooky or wot?

> harry <a_harrison_uk@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > ran the tool & no errors
> > archive.pst   = 5,858,304
> > outlook.pst = 109,346,816 (pretty big!)
> >
> > so did a mailbox cleanup & got this down to about 27mg -still when
> > clicking from -
> >
> > Outlook Shortcuts - "outlook today", "notes", "deleted items"
> >
> > My Shortcuts - "drafts", "outbox", "journal"
> >
> > I get "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not
> > access the specified folder location. The folder no longer exists."
> >
> > If I try and open them using "File>Open>Outlook Data File" as you
> > suggested it's still the same - I can see the other folders fine but
> > not those above!
>
> The only other suggestion I have is to create a new PST, make it your
> delivery location, and copy what you can to the new PST.
> --
> Brian Tillman

harry <a_harrison_uk@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Thanks for all your help anyway Brian, what's odd is clicking on the
> actual folder's in the folder list works but not the left hand tool
> bar - outlook shortcuts!

Well, then, try deleting %AppData%\Microsoft\Outlook\outcmd.dat with Outlook
closed and restart Outlook.  I thought you were saying that clicking the
folders doesn't work.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

OWA stopped working today
Hello All, We use Exchange 2003 SP1 front-end + back-end topology in Exchange native mode. Front-end is running OWA and RPC over HTTPS. Certificate is installed, SSL is required. Domain controller is W2K3 in mixed mode. Both OWA and RPC over HTTPS were working fine. Yesterday night we have updated our servers with some latest patches (including .Net Framework SP1) - this is the only change I can think of. During the night, front-end was reporting errors 9153 (MSExchangeSA - General) in Application log: "Microsoft Exchange System Attendant reported an error '0xc0072030' when sett...

Today only, join for FREE: http://beam.to/wealthymen
Today only, join for FREE: http://beam.to/wealthymen Wealthy Men is the one and only online personals site dedicated to those men & women seeking a higher caliber online dating experience. 5 Great Reasons to Join WealthyMen Women now can join a personals site with successful men who make over $100k a year. Men receive many more emails from women than from any other dating site. Men are verified using our patented WM Verification System. Our sophisticated user interface makes checking messages & browsing new members a snap. Connect with thousands of new members eve...

Customize Outlook Today option inoperable
Hi, Have been using Outlook 2000 for quite some time now - After updating my OS via WindowsUpDate (XP Pro) I've lost the ability to make changes to Outlook Today. Clicking the link gives no response. Since I have no idea which patch may have disabled this feature, I was wondering if one of you might have a "hack" of some sort to regain use of the feature. Thanks in advance. Regards see if the following KB article applies to you; http://support.microsoft.com/?id=820575 -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, ...

Is there a variable to show today's date like @date or @sysdate
Is there a variable we can use when composing an email to show today's date like @date or @sysdate. Please help! I need to create an email template and I have to change the date every day. "Grace" <Grace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E9547BD-87C4-491E-AEBA-91039CE372B6@microsoft.com... > Is there a variable we can use when composing an email to show today's date > like @date or @sysdate. Please help! I need to create an email template and > I > have to change the date every day. If you use Word for your mail editor, you ...

Change your life today. Opportunity to earn easy income from home at no cost.
Dear friends, Is it time for you to say goodbye to your boss? Are you looking for a way to spend more time at home with your family? Do you want to make money for your opinions? Do you want to try new products before anyone else? If you answered yes to any of these questions do we have an opportunity for you. We are giving away free information on taking surveys at home. There are no fees and no strings attached to this information. It is yours free forever. For more information and to start your life change follow the link below. http://surveycache.com/surveysites.html ...

Cutomize Outlook Today
Customize Outlook Today does not on my computer running Outlook 2000 on Windows XP Hi Bert, The second to last Internet Explorer security rollup broke the ability to customize/change the Outlook Today page. At this time I am aware of no fix. "Bert Wells" <bertw913@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:emx8oY5VDHA.2344@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Customize Outlook Today does not on my computer running Outlook 2000 on > Windows XP > > >-----Original Message----- >Customize Outlook Today does not on my computer running Outlook 2000 on >Windows XP > ...

Customize Outlook Today quit working
Running Win2K and OL 2K. I set up a new user, started OL, and imported the .pst from another folder. Everything, inclcuding custom toolbars, etc. works OK. However, I had Outlook Today set up to monitor a number of email folders and that did not copy over. When I click on the Customize Outlook today button, the only thing that happens is that the button itself "moves" when I click on it. Otherwise, nothing. The result is that I can't customize the OL. I ran the Office Repair from my Office install CD and nothing changed. Google search on "Cannot Customize Ou...

Customize Outlook Today doesn't work #4
My "Customize Outlook Today" button on Outlook today doesn't do anything. When I click on it, does not react, what can I do to fix it? Thanks, Mac http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "mac" <aaa@aaa.com> wrote in message news:v1TLb.24094$P%1.22513278@newssvr28.news.prodigy.com... > My "Customize Outlook Today" button on Outlook today doesn't do anything. > When I click on it, does not react, what can I do to fix it? > > Thanks, > Mac > > Thank you, That fix it!...

Today Page problems
I have changed the Outlook Today page by clicking on the Customize link. The content changes (new folders, # of days) are retained but the format (2col/3col/winter/summer) is lost as soon as I navigate away from the today page (e.g. inbox, contacts). On returning to the today page the default format shows, but with the revised content. Anyone know how to keep the chosen format/layout? Are you using the Web toolbar to navigate back to the Outlook Today page, by chance? If so, it's a known issue and is covered in the following MSKB article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.a...

Automatically copy cells from two week day sheets based from today
I have a schedule workbook with the days of the week listed as sheets, Mon->Sun. I want to have another sheet that displays half of today’s schedule and half of tomorrow’s schedule but it will change day to day depending on today. I need it to automatically copy the info so I am not constantly cutting and pasting or making seven new pages. ...

Customize Outlook Today #48
Hi, The "Customize Outlook Today" button no longer works when you click on it. One of us thinks that the problem is Exchange related and the other thinks that the problem lies with Windows XP. Which one is correct and how can we fix it please? Thanks and regards jvk <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > > The "Customize Outlook Today" button no longer works when > you click on it. One of us thinks that the problem is > Exchange related and the other thinks that the problem > lies with Windows XP. http://support.microsoft.com/...

Dynamic source data based on Today
I am creating a production barchart that is updated daily. I want the chart to plot from 3 days old to 4 days in the future. I would like the middle of the chart to represent today. Tomorrow's data will become today's data when everything shifts by one at midnight. I am pretty new to macro so please speak in laymans terms. No need for a macro. Adapt the ideas at Dynamic Charts http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_charts/index.html particularly example 2 -- Tushar Mehta http://www.tushar-mehta.com Custom business solutions leveraging a multi-disciplinary app...

Unable to Customize Outlook Today #2
After a new install of Outlook 2000 on a new computer (Win XP Home)I find that I cannot customize Outlook Today. When I click on Customize Outlook Today, nothing happens. It was fine on my old computer (Dell Notebook with Win 2000). Any suggestions would be welcome. In article <076901c3c48a$7355f550$a501280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... |After a new install of Outlook 2000 on a new computer |(Win XP Home)I find that I cannot customize Outlook |Today. When I click on Customize Outlook Today, nothing |happens. It was fine on my old computer (Dell Notebook ...

Keeping a date when today's date changes
Can someone assist me with this. If I place a "Y" into column (Tested), I would like "Today's Date" to show in the "Date" column. When Today's Date changes to the next day I want the previous date (Column 1) to stay. Can someone help. I'm having a rough time and I' sure it's pretty simple.:rolleyes: Today's Date 6/2/2006 Column 1 (Tested) Y (Date) 6/1/2006 Column 2 (Tested) Y (Date) 6/2/200 -- dps946 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dps9460's Profile: htt...

Webcast today: Simplify your Exchange Migration Planning
FYI I'll be delivering this webcast shortly ... will be heavily focused on Exchange assessments especially from the perspective of planning an Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 migration. Still time to sign up ... webcast starts at 12 Eastern. http://quest.com/requests/?RequestDefID=1942 Effective and comprehensive planning is paramount to any successful migration. With the recent release of Microsoft Exchange 2003, many companies are thinking about or planning a migration to Exchange 2003. Learn how to simplify your exchange migration with helpful tips and tricks from our in-house exchange ...

Manufacturing Component trx entry- todays date default & usernam
Please make the user name and todays date default into the Manufacturing Component Transaction Entry window ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=5aabe396-e7a1-46...

Outlook Today #9
When I click on "Customize Outlook Today" I get no response. Advice? OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Richard" <rmosley@samcoline.com> wrote in message news:07ed01c3a7b9$1145eed0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > When I click on "Customize Outlook Today" I ge...

How to view job history older than today?
DPM 2007 2.0.8861.0 Is there a way within the UI or reporting to access job history for 'successful' jobs older than Today? I've been asked to gather some performance stats for DPM backup jobs and where to find it isn't jumping out at me. Is past successful job history retained i the SQL DB? Tank you in advance. You can create a Job filter from the DPM Administrator Console -> Monitoring -> Jobs UI, and specify the time duration for which you want the job history. You can also specify that you want to see Completed (I.e Successful) jobs. -- Gaurav...

multiple Outlook Today folders
I have no idea how this came about to be. I have three "Outlook Today - [Personal Folders]". As best as I can tell, by spot checks, they are all identical; it would be a herculean task to check this out 100%. There seems to be no way via the menu-bar or right-click to delete the two extras. I would like to know what I did to get three and what to do to delete two of them. See if the information on the following page helps: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/oltrble.htm#disconnectpst -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be...

Outlook Today Task List Order
XP Home, Outlook 2003 In the Tasks folder, I can customize the view so that I can manually move tasks up and down in the list. How can I make this manually created list order appear in Outlook Today? It appears that in Outlook Today I can not customize the task list view, other than assigning sort orders, is it true? -- ICQ# ...

"Outlook today" format (2002)
Outlook today, shows me the current date, but not the day. It then proceeds to show my appointments as days, but not dates. I find it hard to correlate the two sometimes because of this fact. Now I know I should know what day it is! But the display isn't as intuitive as it should be. Is there any way to change it? ...

Difference between today's date and a past date
Hi, I have a list which contains a column that is of the "Date and Time" type. It contains dates for, say, new hires. I want to calculate the differences between today's date and these hire dates. I found that the function TODAY would give me today's date, however, TODAY can't be used in a calculated column. Any suggestions? Thanks. Richard ...

How can I save a daysheet as today's date
I have a daysheet that automatically enters the date in cell D1 as value(Today()). Now I would like to be able to automatically save the sheet as the date in the form 01-24-07. Elfego, Format the cell. Format - Cells - Number Tab - Custom. mm-dd-yy, or dd-mm-yy as you want it. Be aware that when you open this workbook on a later date, the date displayed will have changed. To lock it to the current date, Copy, then Edit - Paste Special - Values. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com ----------------------------------------------------------------------- "Elfego Baca" <l...

=IF(L8+1>TODAY(),"",L8+1) to skip weekends and holiday
XL2000 Is there some way to do this is a sheet code? 1. How can I get this formula =IF(L8+1>TODAY(),"",L8+1) to skip weekends and holidays in the column 2. How can I get this formula =IF(L8+1>TODAY(),"",L8+1) to skip every other cell in the column 3. When using contitional formating how would you copy an image like a green or black star Alan, 1. Use the Workday function, e.g. =IF(WORKDAY(L8,1,holidays)>TODAY(),"",WORKDAY(L8,1,holidays)) where holidays is a named range that contains the holiday dates 2. don't understand. 3. CF can only set a form...

Do you have questions about creating and maintaining matrix items in Microsoft Dynamics RMS? Want to learn more about component items, dimension sets, and attributes? Chat with Retail Management System feature experts about these or any other matrix item issues. Sign-up: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/chats/default.mspx September 13, 2007 10:00 A.M. Pacific Time -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. How can we find out about RMS chat events with a bit longer notice /. Robert "Retail Solutions Team[MSFT]" wrote: >...