Outlook 2002: Sent Mail Stored in Wrong Folder

Hallo,

I have just set up an email account (IMAP) and a hotmail account on
Outlook.

When I send mail, whether it is from Hotmail or the email account that
I set up it does not store the sent item in the account from which I
sent it - rather it stores it in the Personal Folders - Sent Items
folder.

How can I set up Outlook so the sent items get stored in the Sent
Items folder of the account from which I send it.

Thanks.
0
afazeel (4)

Faz <afazeel@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have just set up an email account (IMAP) and a hotmail account on
> Outlook.
>
> When I send mail, whether it is from Hotmail or the email account that
> I set up it does not store the sent item in the account from which I
> sent it - rather it stores it in the Personal Folders - Sent Items
> folder.

That's the correct folder.

> How can I set up Outlook so the sent items get stored in the Sent
> Items folder of the account from which I send it.

You can always create a rule to copy to the desired folder when sent.
--
Brian Tillman
0
"Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<Om8qpKckEHA.3428@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl>...
> Faz <afazeel@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I have just set up an email account (IMAP) and a hotmail account on
> > Outlook.
> >
> > When I send mail, whether it is from Hotmail or the email account that
> > I set up it does not store the sent item in the account from which I
> > sent it - rather it stores it in the Personal Folders - Sent Items
> > folder.
>
> That's the correct folder.
>
> > How can I set up Outlook so the sent items get stored in the Sent
> > Items folder of the account from which I send it.
>
> You can always create a rule to copy to the desired folder when sent.

So are you saying that this is how Outlook works - that is strange
because I use Outlook express and is you send a message from a certain
account then it saves the sent message in the Sebt Items folder of
that account.

I really do not want to use a rule - rather I would like to set it up
so that it used the correct Sent Items folder to start with.

Thanks.
0
afazeel (4)
9/4/2004 11:58:13 AM
Faz <afazeel@hotmail.com> wrote:

> So are you saying that this is how Outlook works - that is strange
> because I use Outlook express and is you send a message from a certain
> account then it saves the sent message in the Sebt Items folder of
> that account.

Outlook and Outlook Express are two completely different applications
written by completely different groups.  How one behaves has no relation to
how the other works.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
9/7/2004 2:25:00 PM
I created the rule and it still doesn't work. Must be a
bug in Outlook 02 under win2k. It does work fine with XP
sp3.

0
anonymous (74722)

Need Help, Task Start Date is wrong

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

OL 2002 Hanging up When Attaching Docs

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

using the journal on outlook

cannot open hyper links in outlook