Outlook 2002: Sent Mail Stored in Wrong Folder

Hallo,

I have just set up an email account (IMAP) and a hotmail account on
Outlook.

When I send mail, whether it is from Hotmail or the email account that
I set up it does not store the sent item in the account from which I
sent it - rather it stores it in the Personal Folders - Sent Items
folder.

How can I set up Outlook so the sent items get stored in the Sent
Items folder of the account from which I send it.

Thanks.
0
afazeel (4)

Faz <afazeel@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have just set up an email account (IMAP) and a hotmail account on
> Outlook.
>
> When I send mail, whether it is from Hotmail or the email account that
> I set up it does not store the sent item in the account from which I
> sent it - rather it stores it in the Personal Folders - Sent Items
> folder.

That's the correct folder.

> How can I set up Outlook so the sent items get stored in the Sent
> Items folder of the account from which I send it.

You can always create a rule to copy to the desired folder when sent.
--
Brian Tillman
0
"Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<Om8qpKckEHA.3428@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl>...
> Faz <afazeel@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I have just set up an email account (IMAP) and a hotmail account on
> > Outlook.
> >
> > When I send mail, whether it is from Hotmail or the email account that
> > I set up it does not store the sent item in the account from which I
> > sent it - rather it stores it in the Personal Folders - Sent Items
> > folder.
>
> That's the correct folder.
>
> > How can I set up Outlook so the sent items get stored in the Sent
> > Items folder of the account from which I send it.
>
> You can always create a rule to copy to the desired folder when sent.

So are you saying that this is how Outlook works - that is strange
because I use Outlook express and is you send a message from a certain
account then it saves the sent message in the Sebt Items folder of
that account.

I really do not want to use a rule - rather I would like to set it up
so that it used the correct Sent Items folder to start with.

Thanks.
0
afazeel (4)
9/4/2004 11:58:13 AM
Faz <afazeel@hotmail.com> wrote:

> So are you saying that this is how Outlook works - that is strange
> because I use Outlook express and is you send a message from a certain
> account then it saves the sent message in the Sebt Items folder of
> that account.

Outlook and Outlook Express are two completely different applications
written by completely different groups.  How one behaves has no relation to
how the other works.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
9/7/2004 2:25:00 PM
I created the rule and it still doesn't work. Must be a
bug in Outlook 02 under win2k. It does work fine with XP
sp3.

0
anonymous (74722)

Public Folder server
Hi, I have 2 different servers as follows : Server1 = Mailbox server Server2 = Public Folder server (only has one PF store) My query: What should be the value for HomeMDB attribute when i click on ADSI edit and navigate till ...>Server Name > System Attendant's properties on Server2? Right now the value for HomeMDB of System Attendent on Server2 is showing "Not Set". Should it be pointing to Server1? Pls guide. thanks Are you having problems with the way it's configured? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!"...

Recieve Mail Before Sending

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

outlook.exe not terminating
I'm running Office XP with Outlook 2002 under Windows XP Pro, current as of today, except that I have reverted the IE update to the previous version of mshtml.dll that scrolls correctly (this has had no effect on the problem I am about to describe). I typically have a lot of applications running - no big deal as I have a 3.04 P4 with 1GB of memory. A problem that happens several times a day is that outlook.exe remains in the Task Manager process list after I shut Outlook down. In older versions, there used to be a message that said "Please wait while Outlook shuts down&qu...

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Crash on 'Send"

Mail lMerge