Outlook 2002 Rules Wizard Won't Respond

I got overactive in adding Rules to kill SPAM and now Outlook 2002 is
permanently deleting items that I would prefer to see. Problem is that I
cannot open the Rules Wizard (it won't respond), either using the button or
from the Tools menu. When I go to Add-in manager, there is no way to
"install" the Rules Wizard. I'd like to clear all of the rules and start
over. Your help would be appreciated.

J. Pine

0
johnpine (1)

Outlook TASKS
I have a user with outlook 2002 on our exchanger server. When they click on tasks. We get the error "Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." There is a check box to restart outlook after it closes I have reinstalled outlook 2002. I have copied the tasks folder to a *.pst and sent my self the *.pst to see if the tasks were corrupt. When I click on the tasks the tasks open up no problem. I don't know what to do next. Please some one help me Shallow Has your Exchange admin checked to see if your mailbox is corrupt? "...

Combine Duplicate Folders in Outlook 2002
I recently imported my Outlook folders onto another computer... I now have duplicate folders (i.e. Contacts, Inbox, etc. How do I combine them into 1 and delete the ones I don't need? Erik S. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I recently imported my Outlook folders onto another > computer... I now have duplicate folders (i.e. Contacts, > Inbox, etc. > How do I combine them into 1 and delete the ones I don't > need? Drag the items in the ones you don't want into the ones you do. Once done, close the PST you just emptied. Now you have one set....

outlook always default email application
Hi I use Outlook 2003 for my callender and OE6 for email Until a week ago, OE6 always remained the default email application unless I installed a patch or updated Outlook, at which time it would set itself as default. Fair enough. Last week I upgraded by BIOS (not sure if this is relevant, but just so you know) Now everytime I turn on Outlook, it becomes default mail programme. In options/ general, OE6 tells me it is not the default. Internet options lists Outlook as default But in Outlook/Options/other the default mail,calender,contacts box is not ticked. I change it all back and OE6 ...

outlook 2000 embedded pictures
I am running XP with IE7. When I send an email with embedded pictures Outlook or something? removes the pictures and replaces them with a RED X in the box. The removed pictures go as attachments. any thoughts???? What version of Office Outlook? "hairbychemo" <MJKEELEYJR@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:1J0Ih.124148$5j1.117122@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net... >I am running XP with IE7. > When I send an email with embedded pictures Outlook or something? removes > the pictures and replaces them with a RED X in the box. The removed > pictures go as ...

Help
My Regional Manager insists on things being perfect - need assistance with this problem. Working in Governemtn department - we have many users with unusal names and surnames - not common to standard dictionaries. My Rm wants to forward emails received with these peoples names in the original message - without outlook spell checking each of these names before sending. I have set up the email options under spelling - to ignore original message when forwarding - which it does but still spell checks the original message's recipients before sending. How do I set this up to exclude the n...

outlook 2003 and http email
Outlook's support for Http Email seems to be real bad. Is there no way of setting up rules within Outlook that checks what is delivered into a HTTP Inbox and runs the rules It's so annoying that I have to manually move all the messages Is there no way to import rules set in msn to outlook archiving does not work for http e-mails. Is there any kind of http-to-pop3 converter available? On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 14:01:11 +0530, "__jakal__" <jakal@jakal.com> wrote: >Outlook's support for Http Email seems to be real bad. >Is there no way of setting up ...

outlook macro security issue
Hi All, In my Outlook I have set security level Low. Even though I am unable to run macros in my outlook but I am able to run word and excel. When tryied to run a macro I am getting following message. I set secrurity level low using the menu Tools>Macros>security. "The macro in this project are disabled. Please refer to the online help or documentaion of host application to determine how to enable macros." Please help me with the solution. Thanks & Regards Ramesh -- ramserp After changin the security level you need to restart Outl...

Money 2002 #12
When I lauch Money 2002 it appears and disappears and will not load. I have removed and reinstalled the program but it is still happening. Any suggestions? ...

Removing web access from outlook address bar
Is there a way to remove or restrict someone's access to the web from the address bar in outlook 2002? I have users who do not have IE priviledges but are able to slide the address bar over and type in a web address to get to websites. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Can you block their web access at the firewall? Perhaps this is not a technical problem but rather a behavior problem. If these people are employees (or children) perhaps you need to create a policy that forbids them doing this along with some consequences for violating it. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, On...

how i can change default file format Outlook uses to save message
I my saving message in my inbox using "File->Save As" menu. "Save As.." dialog by default shows "Save As Type:" as "HTML". How I can change default file format Outlook uses to save messages to as "Outlook Message Format - Unicode" ?????? Rajkumar <Rajkumar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I my saving message in my inbox using "File->Save As" menu. > "Save As.." dialog by default shows "Save As Type:" as "HTML". > How I can change default file format Outlook uses to save messages...

Eliminating all of the little outlooks
I know that there is a program that will automatically shut down Outlook, for sync and backup purposes. I would like to know if there is any utility that will go one step further and inspect the Processes that are running and eliminate all of the instances of Outlook.exe that love to take up residence there. I swear the number of instances of Outlook that hibernate there are like the coat hangers in a closet... -- Rick A. Pleasanton CA If you have multiple instances of OUTLOOK.EXE running in processes, it's not shutting down properly. The most likely causes are: Antivirus ...

Help
Hi, i need to define a server side rule, which will copy attachments from received mails locally on PC/server. Any idea, scripts, anything? Tnx! Seems like ftp would be more appropriate than e-mail. But if you insist http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?spid=1773&query=event+sink+attachments&catalog=LCID%3D1033&pwt=false&title=false&kt=ALL&mdt=0&comm=1&ast=1&ast=2&ast=3&mode=a&x=18&y=11 HrVOjE wrote: > Hi, > > i need to define a server side rule, which will copy attachments from > received mails locally on PC/ser...

How can I connfigure my outlook to access same profile accross mu.
How can I connfigure my outlook to access same profile accross multiple user ids on a computer Krishna <Krishna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How can I connfigure my outlook to access same profile accross > multiple user ids on a computer You can't. Each user ID will have its own profile, sicne profile information is kept in the registry in a user-specific area. However, you can certainly reference the same message store within each profile. For POP accounts, just put the PST somewhere in the Shared Documents hierarchy and point to it within each profile. -- B...

Outlook client for CRM V3
We have a client who has users who want to make changes to the 'my contacts' local data group, so they sync their Outlook contacts with CRM. They all use the desktop client. But the save button is greyed out. They have a CRM role assigned with the Outlook sync permission and they have local admin rights. I've also checked they have write permissions to the C:\Documents and Settings\User.Name\Application Data\Microsoft\MSCRM folder and it's subfolders. What else could be disabling the save option? Becuase My Contacts is a default group, I don't think you can make c...

Missing RULES and RULES WIZARD in O2002
Hi, I'm missing the Rules and the Rules Wizard options in Outlook 2002. I've looked everywhere, for an add-in etc. I can't figure out how to make it work. Can anyone tell me? Thanks ...

Outlook 2000 Tracking Tab
I don't have tracking tabs. I can't find any online help. It tells me were the tab should be, but when I pull up the sent email, no tabs at all. I do have receipts requested, thus I think I should have tracking. Would appreciate anyones help. Thanks. ...

email rules
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop how do I get rules to run on emails before they get into my inbox? On 12/19/09 12:37 PM, in article 59baf6a6.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "victorholt@officeformac.com" <victorholt@officeformac.com> wrote: > how do I get rules to run on emails before they get into my inbox? Get Started Lesson: Learn to Setup Rules <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/rules/lesson.html> -- Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/>...

How clean is uninstall of Office 2003 (to revert to Office 2002)?
I've been hunting around trying to find how to convert a Unicode PST file created with Outlook 2003 to an ANSI PST file usable by Outlook 2002. We had a contract worker that used Outlook 2003 on his laptop. Before leaving, we saved off the data files from his laptop, including the PST files but they were apparently in Unicode format because we cannot read them using Outlook 2002. From my searching, it appears the only way we can revert is to install the trial version of Outlook 2003, create an ANSI PST file, copy the items from the Unicode PST file to the ANSI PST file, and unins...

Forwarding e-mail with rules from another e-mail address.
Hi, I have two e-mail accounts. Once I manually forward my mail from the other account to my other e-mail account, I would like Company X's mail to go in the Company X's folder. Any ideas as to how to set up a rule for this? Thanks in advance. Just edit the Rule to add a move action. <moochito@invalid.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:99cmp1pkc7qnp96bp4k72aiogvc11jntb4@4ax.com... > Hi, > > I have two e-mail accounts. > > Once I manually forward my mail from the other account to my other > e-mail account, I would like Company X's mail to go in the C...

can not delete in outlook
When I try to delete anything out of outlook i get the following errror The messaging interface have returned an unknown error. If problem presists restart outlook Sam wrote: > When I try to delete anything out of outlook i get the > following errror > > The messaging interface have returned an unknown error. > If problem presists restart outlook OL2000: Error Message: The Messaging Interface Has Returned an Unknown Error http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=275186 -- G�rard gj.oomens@somso.demon.nl ...

Outlook 2003
Getting "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If problem persits, restart Outlook." when attempting to forward, send or reply, using Outlook 2003. Restarting does not help. If you delete the NT Profile the problem goes away for a few days and then returns. We have also tried "Detect and repair" and Uninstall / re-install without good results. Only replacing the NT Profile seems to have an impact. Help! ...

OutLook 2003 Calendar
i am trying to set the starting day of the week to sunday, but cannot do it. I have gone to TOOLS/options/Calendar options and selected sunday as the starting day in both the ckeck boxesand the dropdown menu, but no Luck I have selected any other day of the eekand the will show as first day of week, but not sunday? any suggestions What calendar view are you using? If the monthly calendar view, you need to uncompress weekend days to have Sunday show as the first day of the week. View->Current View->Customize Current View->Other Settings. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] P...

Outlook Connector Plugin is Inactive
I have installed the Outlook Connector on both my laptop and desktop. The laptop works just fine with three MSN email accounts. The desktop, however, is not working at all. It shows the "COM Add-in for Microsoft Outlook Connector" as inactive and when I go to "Manage COM Add-ins", the connector is not checked and it says there was a runtime error loading it. I tried to check it, but as soon as I return to that location the check mark has disappeared. The Outlook menu does not show the additional Outlook Connector menu that is on the laptop. Both machines are r...

Outlook IMAP Error
I'm getting the following intermittent error when Outlook tries to receive mail from an IMAP server: Task 'Checking for new mail in subscribed folders on <email address>.' reported error (0x8004DF0B) : 'Outlook is unable to download folder (null) from the IMAP e-mail server for account <email address>. Error: The connection to the server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' We are on a wired LAN, and ...

Calendar issues with Outlook Connector
Hello- Any help would be appreciated on this one- Is there a way to utilize Outlook Connector SOLELY for email (i.e., Hotmail), without it adding another Calendar profile, etc.? I utilize the seperate "Calendar in Personal Folder" for all my calendar needs. When I load Outlook Connector and add my Hotmail account, Outlook automatically sets a new, blank Calendar as the default. Aside from it being an annoyance, when I try to set a new appointment with a reminder in my "Calendar in Personal Folder", I get an error message that "The reminder for ___ will not a...