Outlook 2002 hanging #2

My Outlook 2002 has recently started hanging up.  It can
either happen immediately when I start it, or hang
during "send/receive", or even randomly after a few
minutes of successfully starting.  Then Outlook eventually
becomes "Not Responding".  Restarting the notebook doesn't
seem to help any for me.

Even starting in Safe Mode doesn't help, if I'm lucky and
can even start in Safe Mode.  Today it won't even let me
start in Safe Mode.

I usually see two Outlooks in the Windows Task Bar
Applications screen when I have only hit the Outlook icon
once.

Any thoughts what's going on?

0
anonymous (74722)

Hi Kevin,

The problem seems to be because more than one instance of outlook.exe is
running at one time.  Make sure you kill all instances of outlook.exe &
start your Outlook application in Normal Mode.  It might take a longer time
than usual, but its ok.  Let it come up taking its time for the first
attempt.  Then once its up, DO NOT do a send/receive.  Simply EXIT the
application & try starting outlook again (in normal mode).  This time it
should load faster than before.

You can now continue working with your mails, and it should work fine.

If the problem continues to occur, you could try treating a "test" profile
in Outlook & check if the problem is recurring.

Pls let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Subbu.

Subramanian .S

v-subs1 (2)
4/20/2004 2:51:13 AM
Since it happens on a send/receive, try renaming the *.srs file for your
profile. (In winxp, it's at C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application
Data\Microsoft\Outlook.)
Also, get http://www.sunflowerhead.com/software/knockout so you can see
if outlook is already running or close it from the tray - you should only
have one outlook.exe loaded at a time.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

[Posted using NewsLook NNTP add-in for Outlook.]

0
info2937 (567)
4/20/2004 3:55:33 AM
Subbu,

Thank you.

While I have been having problems with my Outlook for the
last 6 weeks, today (so far) it is not acting up.  I will
certainly watch for double outlook.exe files the next time
this happens though.

Kevin

confers no rights.

>.

0
anonymous (74722)
4/20/2004 6:10:43 PM
Diane,

Thank you.  I have downloaded the knockout file and will
watch it to see what it sees with Outlook.

Kevin

Guide)
>Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual
QuickStart Guide)

http://www.slipstick.com

>[Posted using NewsLook NNTP add-in for Outlook.]
>

>.

0
anonymous (74722)

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Linking files 2 ways

More Columns #2

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

OL 2002 Hanging up When Attaching Docs

Contacts in Exchange #2

Outlook Sales

Offline Synchronization Problem #2