Outlook 2002 contact "group by" box is greyed out.

I had to reconstruct my outlook.pst file and had some issues with not
being able to delete messages, so I made a new .pst and copied all the
messages over then renamed the files. I copied all my contacts but I
like to group my contacts by category but the option to turn this
function on in the "Customize current view" dialog is greyed out. How
do I turn this back on. It worked before for me.
--
______________________
Jeff Cook

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 18:28:43 GMT, Jeffrey Cook <see.sig@For.Address>
wrote:

>I had to reconstruct my outlook.pst file and had some issues with not
>being able to delete messages, so I made a new .pst and copied all the
>messages over then renamed the files. I copied all my contacts but I
>like to group my contacts by category but the option to turn this
>function on in the "Customize current view" dialog is greyed out. How
>do I turn this back on. It worked before for me.

I found my answer after looking some more, the option for organize on
the tools menu was not one I have used so it wasn't being shown on the
intial menu view.

--
______________________
Jeff Cook

Group By Desing View
I am running a query that I created in design view. I am linking a number of tables together to get the result that I need. There are about ten fields in the querry but I only need to display the values of two fields: 'Account' and 'Value'. There are multiple Values for each Account so I am trying to sum the Values and Group By Account. On the Design view in the Total I choose Sum for the Value field and Group By for the Account field. But it does not group anything. It diplsays all entries that the query produces. Is this becuase I have other non-displayed...

Group by CNT
Anyone who has a sample of Query which make a group of a COUNT of a text field. (I have about 15000 records which I would like to have presented in bulks of 500). Thanks, JohS One way is to use two queries. First add a number field to your table named Group. Create a select query and edit the SQL like this -- SELECT TOP 500 .... Change it to an update query and put a prompt to update the number field. Create another select query and add a prompt in the criteria of the number field. When you run the update query it fills the number field of 500 records with the number you supply...

.Re: Using Xsl to group by unique values
"Anas M. Nebuchadnezzar XXXVII" <Duck@Kronkltd.net> wrote in message news:DLWdneiY8IsBdKPdRVn-uQ@comcast.com... > I'm not sure if this is the right forum to ask this, seeing this problem > is pretty much straight XSL, but here goes. > > I'm writting a simple employee database, and I want to be able to: > A) get a node-set returning only unique values based off of a query. > (the names of all the managers) > b) loop through each of the nodes, sorted by the list of the managers. > > My Xml looks something like this: > > <root> &...

Multi-level GROUP BY
I am new to Access so be gentle. I have a query that pulls from 1 table: Sales by month and sales for the year based on the clients STATUS: When I try to put this into a report I keep geting the following error: "Multi-level GROUP BY clause is not supported in a subquery" The report shows: Referral January Status 1 1 for the month 5 for the year January Status 2 3 for the month 4 for the year.... I would like to just have: January: Status 1 1 for the month 5 for the y...

Rolling up Gantt bars to "Group by" summaries
Can the Gantt bars for each activity in a "Group by" group be rolled up to the overall Group summary bar? The Group By Summary bars look just like the ones for Summary activities, but bars do not roll up there. Has anyone seen a native or a programmed way to do that roll up? An important view for my project shows the activities to which each of a set of (non-multitasking) resources are assigned. I can show it doing a "Group by" Resource Names and filtering for the resources that I am interested in, and it would be great if I were able to show it as just one r...

Group by truncating field
I have a simple query SELECT [Tbl Contacts].First, [Tbl Contacts].Last, [Tbl Contacts].Notes FROM [Tbl Contacts] GROUP BY [Tbl Contacts].First, [Tbl Contacts].Last, [Tbl Contacts].Notes; However, it is truncating the content of my memo field Notes. How can I return the complete field value? Thanks, QB In the Total row under your memo field in query design, use First instead of Group By. Explanation: Truncation of Memo fields at: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-63.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.ht...

Group By or MAX Question
I have a root ID field. I have a close date field. There can be more than one record with the same root ID. I need to pull only one of them with the latest close date. Thank you. Many possible solutions, the easiest one is probably to do it in two queries: SELECT id, max(closeDate) AS mdate FROM tableNameHere GROUP BY id saved as q1. Then: SELECT a.* FROM tableNameHere AS a INNER JOIN q1 ON a.id=b.id AND a.closeDate = q1.mdate Other solutions at http://www.mvps.org/access/queries/qry0020.htm Vanderghast, Access MVP "Toria" <Toria@disc...

group by week in pivot table
i have design a pivot table in excel, but I found no group by WEEK in the grouping function...is it possible to do that in other way or let me to define date of range ??? Million thanksss Right-click on the Date field button Choose Group and Show Detail>Group Select Days, and set the number of days to 7 Click OK Grey wrote: > i have design a pivot table in excel, but I found no group by WEEK in the > grouping function...is it possible to do that in other way or let me to > define date of range ??? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com...

Dcount Group by issue
I am relatively new to dcounts. I have a table with one field containing values a,b,c,d,e,f. In the query I have 3 calculated fields (Staging,Success,Variance) which is a combination of record counts (i.e. a+c, a-d-e-c+b,etc). I used the dcount for each (a-f) and when I return the query, it ignores the group by sourcesys set up in a previous field. Here is an example of the return businessDate SourceSys Staging Count Exclusions Exceptions Errors Created Success Variance 7/23/2007 Amnet 239,537.00 -28,379.00 -8,000.00 -11,630.00 1 191,529.00 0.00 7/23/2007 Beta 239,537.00 -28,379.00 -...

GROUP BY in WHERE
I have a stored procedure that is suppose to find duplicate entries in a table. I am using a subselect and GROUP BY to check for duplicates. The code below is the section of my WHERE clause that is suppose to find duplicates but a few are showing up that are not duplicates. The GROUP BY in the subselect indicates the columns that must be the same for a duplicate. Can anyone see what I am missing that returns fake duplicates? I can post the table schema if helpful but I didn't think it was needed in this case. Thank you. AND (CASE WHEN @OnlyDuplicates = 0 THEN 'T...

need a new column for report, and to group by it
In RMS 2.0 Store Operations Manager, there is a report called ‘Detailed Sales Report’. In this report, there isn’t a column for ‘Account Type’ (It’s on the Customer Card, on the Account Information tab). I would like to have a column called Account type and be able to group on it. Can you help me out ? Save your version to a memorized report and then open it in notpad from the directory: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Retail Management System\Headquarters\Reports Join the Customer table by adding this to the TablesQueried section before the <END> tag LEFT JOIN C...

Pivot Table Group by one field but sum another
I have a pivot table that I need to sum the Number Affect by the Group Date. Here is example of layout: Site DATE EQUIPMENT NUMBER AFFECTED MACON 38726 SHELF42703 1 38732 SHELF12703 14 SHELF12704 9 SHELF52703 10 SHELF52704 10 38737 SHELF62703 13 SHELF62704 5 SHELF72703 7 SHELF42703 1 38738 SHELF42703 1 Here is what I am trying to accomplish: Site DATE EQUIPMENT NUMBER AFFECTED MACON 38726 SHELF42703 1 38726 Sum of Number Affected 1 38732 SHELF12703 14 SHELF12704 9 SHELF52703 10 SHELF52704 10 38732 Sum of Number Affected 44 ...

Outlook 2003
Hi All, Does anyone know if there is a way to turn off Outlook's default grouping in mail folders? I've got several subfolders in my saved items that group by: Today, Last Week, Two Weeks Ago, etc. I'd like to be able to turn this off for all of them in one shot. Any help is appreciated. Ciao, Tony Tony <|toxendine|@hoopercorp.com> wrote: > Does anyone know if there is a way to turn off Outlook's default > grouping in mail folders? I've got several subfolders in my saved > items that group by: Today, Last Week, Two Weeks Ago, etc. I'd like...

Adding Group by quarter to Report.
We are running CRM v3 and would like to be able to Group by quarter (standard calendar quarters) in the provided Sales History and Sales Pipeline reports. Is there a way to add this without having to write a new report? Cheers, Mitch you need to download the report add more filter using SQL SRS Reporting services. and then upload again. -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "Mitchell B." wrote: > We are running CRM v3 and would like to be able to Group by quart...

Pivot Table Group by Week?
Hello- I see you can group pivot tables by month, year, quarter, etc.. What happen to 'by week'? Thanks. Use days and set them to 7 that will group like 01/01/05 - 01/07/05 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "DTTODGG" <DTTODGG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D92FECA-04E9-4341-8E14-FBD33421FD56@microsoft.com... > Hello- > > I see you can group pivot tables by month, year, quarter, etc.. > > What happen to 'by week'? > > Thanks. Simply Beautiful. Thank you Peo. Now, can you help with my "Wrap data onto one page"...

Search records with dates, then Group by month
I'm writing a macro that searches a spreadsheet for dates. I want to find records that are associated with a certain month. The dates in the spreadsheet are in the mmddyyyy format. How can I write code that would recognize any date within a given month and return true. For example, 7/12/2007 or 7/2/2007 would both return "true" for the month of July. 5/5/2007 or 5/27/2007 would return "true" for May, etc. thanks You could use the Autofilter to give you a LessthanGreaterthan range. Otherwise, keying just on Months, you would get May06, May07, etc if your datab...

Group by Date
I am working on updating the Shipping Log report. I've added the Date Created field, and I would like to group the report by that field, so that I can get a total of shipping charges collected by day each month. However, when I arrange the report to do that, the date field expands to include the timestamp, so each shipping record is on its own line. Am I overlooking an easy way to tell the report to exclude the timestamps and group by day only? Any advice would be appreciated. All date fields in SQL Server include the time. When you use Group By, the values must match exactly...

Group by month
Hey guys, I have a table Table Children which records different vaccinations received (children are identified by a unique ID). I want to create a query that will let me see how many P1, P2, P3, Measles 1 and Measles 2 shots were given per month. Each field (i.e. P1, P2, P3, Measles and Measles 2) are preceded by respective date fields i.e. Date of P1, Date of P2 etc. I can create individual queries but I don't know how to do it for in one query: SELECT Format([Table Children]![Date of P1], 'mmm yyyy') AS Month, Sum(Abs([Table Children]![P1])) AS Penta1_month FRO...

Pivot Table
In my pivot table I tried to right click the "Date" column in order to group by month. A message popped up "Cannot Group that Selection". Is there another way to group by month? Should I create another column for month in my data source? These are my headers for data source on another worksheet in the same workbook. PC# DATE PAYEE DESCRIPTION CHECK AMOUNT PHASE CODE Thanks in advance for any help. I found the error. Some of the dates were blanks or the values in the amount column were blanks. After correcting the data, the pivot table worked fine. ...

Group by Received.
I am trying to group my messages by date they were received in Outlook 2002. So I right click on the columns and select Customize Current View, then I click on Group By button and select Received column as my Group By column. Unfortunately, Outlook groups by Received Date & Time, meaning that grouping is completely useless because no 2 emails are received at the same date & time. How can I group just by the date that the message is received, like in Lotus Notes. Essentially I want something like this: Subject From ... ... 4/20/2004 Buy these pills ...

Multi-level GROUP BY clause not allowed in a subquery
I have a table (tblRecapB) with 40 fields. A Query qryRecap of this table uses a variation of the following subquery to rank [MPP] into [MRank], [SPP] into [SRank] and [TPP] into [TRank]. xPP stands for place points (something like a score). MRank: 1+(SELECT Count(*) FROM tblRecapB AS M WHERE M.[Fee Id]=tblRecapB.[Fee ID] and M.[AGSortKey]=tblRecapB.[AGSortKey] And M.MPP < tblRecapB.MPP) This works great as long as I just run the query standalone. The problem is that when I use qryRecap as the record source for the final report I get the following error: “Multi-level GROUP BY c...

select queries that calculate the Median base on group by
I have 2 questions. 1)Is it possible to create additional aggregate functions in MS Access 2007? If yes than this leads to: 2) I would like my select quries to calculate the Median and mode (along with the mean) of each group by row. I can export the entire table to Excel and do it this way but it would be easier to have Access handle it so i can just export the summary table. Well you can calculate the Mode directly by a query, see this example: SELECT TOP 1 Table1.Data FROM Table1 GROUP BY Table1.Data ORDER BY Count(Table1.Data) DESC; This query grabs the first value, w...

SQL command to GROUP BY buckets...
Hi all,I have a table of data and want to SUM() a column of values but basedon the values in another column:Val1 Val21 22 34 56 7Can I Sum Val1 based on grouping Val2 into buckets of <> 4 so theresult is:Expr001310SELECT Sum(Val1)FROM mytableGROUP BY Val2HAVING what goes here..?Thanks,Lyndon. In news:1175100376.723044.301750@n59g2000hsh.googlegroups.com,Lyndon <[email snipped]> wrote:P.S. I strongly suggest that you obfuscate your e-mail address when posting to newsgroup. Spammers and viruses routinely scan the newsgroups for e-mail addresse...

How to chart a single column of values similar to a GROUP BY
Hi I would like to create a chart of a column of non numeric values where the column label would be the value and the chart would reflect the number of occurences of the value in the column eg. brown blue blue brown brown this would produce two bars on the chart labled brown and blue with values of 3 and 2 respectively. It is the same as a GROUP BY function in SQL Any help is really appreciated. Thanks Paddy Assuming the list of colours are already entered in Range("A1:A100") then: 1. In cell B1 enter Blue 2. In cell B2 enter Brown 3. If there are more colours then cont...

Can't group by account name in Portfolio Manager (Money 2007)
all of a sudden in the last 2 days i can no longer set the view to group by account in portfolio manager. It lets me select but it instantly removes any accounts in there. I can group by Investment type, Risk, Currency, all the other options and values show up. Once I select Account Name though everything goes away and i'm left with nothing but the headers It also doesnt matter which selected view i'm in (Custom, Standard, Performance, Asset allocation. Just can't view by account name) Any ideas or help? Aaron In microsoft.public.money, aronnov@gmail.com wrote: >all of ...