Outlook 2002 connector: problem connecting with Domino server because of NAMELookup2 problem

Hi,

I'm trying to use Outlook 2002 Connector to connect with a Domino R5
server, but I can get no connection.

From the log file I see that the connector uses a NAMELookup2 with the
correct Domino server to get the name of the mail file, but the name
its gets back is corrupted. There are spurious characters at the end
of the mail file name.

From the MSOCLog.txt file

<<67c 25 16:37>> User name : : CN=Jean-Paul Smeets/O=Someorg
<<4f8 25 16:37>> NAMELookup2 called with m_pServerName=someserver
Flags=0 pNameSpaces=0x13646F4 NumNameSpaces=1 pNames=0x12E6CC
NumNames=1 pItems=0x12DA58 NumItems=7 prethBuffer=0x12E094
<<67c 25 16:37>> User name Mail file name  : mail\jsmeets

<<67c 25 16:37>> Domain name  :

<<67c 25 16:37>> Server name : : nleserver
<<4f8 25 16:37>> Calling NSFDbOpen with
pszPathName=someserver!!mail\jsmeets

 retDB=0x12E7FC
<<4f8 25 16:37>> File does not exist

The problem is the 3 bad characters after mail\jsmeets
These are 0x01 0x05 0x01

If it feeds this bad mail file name to NSFDbOpen function call this of
course fails.
When I manually try to do a NSFDbOpen with someserver!!mail\jsmeets as
mail file name with the remote example from the Lotus C API toolkit it
works. I'm therefore sure that my connection with the Domino server is
ok, but somehow the NAMELookup2 gets corrupted.

Anybody else ever seeing this?

Jean-Paul Smeets
jpsmeets@xs4all.nl

0
jpsmeets (2)

What are you using?  Is it the OLConn.exe utility?

I have never had any problems with it.  I have 3 separate users with this
tool as well and they are OK.  The only difference is we have ND6 installed.

"Jean-Paul Smeets" <jpsmeets@xs4all.nl> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to use Outlook 2002 Connector to connect with a Domino R5
> server, but I can get no connection.
>
> From the log file I see that the connector uses a NAMELookup2 with the
> correct Domino server to get the name of the mail file, but the name
> its gets back is corrupted. There are spurious characters at the end
> of the mail file name.
>
> From the MSOCLog.txt file
>
> <<67c 25 16:37>> User name : : CN=Jean-Paul Smeets/O=Someorg
> <<4f8 25 16:37>> NAMELookup2 called with m_pServerName=someserver
> Flags=0 pNameSpaces=0x13646F4 NumNameSpaces=1 pNames=0x12E6CC
> NumNames=1 pItems=0x12DA58 NumItems=7 prethBuffer=0x12E094
> <<67c 25 16:37>> User name Mail file name  : mail\jsmeets
>

> <<67c 25 16:37>> Domain name  :
>
> <<67c 25 16:37>> Server name : : nleserver
> <<4f8 25 16:37>> Calling NSFDbOpen with
> pszPathName=someserver!!mail\jsmeets
>
>  retDB=0x12E7FC
> <<4f8 25 16:37>> File does not exist
>
> The problem is the 3 bad characters after mail\jsmeets
> These are 0x01 0x05 0x01
>
> If it feeds this bad mail file name to NSFDbOpen function call this of
> course fails.
> When I manually try to do a NSFDbOpen with someserver!!mail\jsmeets as
> mail file name with the remote example from the Lotus C API toolkit it
> works. I'm therefore sure that my connection with the Domino server is
> ok, but somehow the NAMELookup2 gets corrupted.
>
> Anybody else ever seeing this?
>
> Jean-Paul Smeets
> jpsmeets@xs4all.nl

0
Philip
9/25/2003 11:11:21 PM
On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 00:11:21 +0100, "Philip"
<philip_a_day&NoSpam&@hotmail.com> wrote:

>What are you using?  Is it the OLConn.exe utility?
>
>I have never had any problems with it.  I have 3 separate users with this
>tool as well and they are OK.  The only difference is we have ND6 installed.

I use Microsoft Outlook 2002 with the Outlook 2002 Connector to a
Domino R5 server.

Normally the client is Notes R5.0.9a

The logs were generated with MSOCLog.exe. From the logging I could see
that they use the Lotus Notes C API.

To test the connectivity I use the BASIC\REMOTE example from the Lotus
Notes C API.
0
jpsmeets (2)

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

OL 2002 Hanging up When Attaching Docs

Outlook Sales

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

PROBLEMS after updating Office 2008
I can no longer open ANY of the office 2008 programs on my Mac osx!! When I click on a program - for example: Entourage - it takes me to the Customer Experience Improvement Program. I've responded "No, I don't want to participate at this time" and then clicked continue. Thereafter, I was taken to the Microsoft Office Setup Assistant. Following the instructions I registered with Microsoft but still cannot access any of the the Office 2008 programs! HELP! "Gayle" wrote: > I can no longer open ANY of the office 2008 programs on my Mac osx!! When I > click on a ...

Question -Problem

AD Sync problem

WCF Client serialization problem

Reading SQL Server Extended Properties