Outlook 2002-can't reply. Get "undeliverable" from System Administrator

When I reply, I am getting the mail bounced back with the
message: "Undeliverable: Subject of email" from the
System Administrator. This is happening to most but not
all emails. When I called my ISP, they said it was an
Outlook glitch and that I should uninstall and then
reinstall Outlook.

Any other suggestions? If not, if I uninstall Outlook,
will all my data be saved?

Thanks,
Wendy
0
anonymous (74722)

What is the complete error message?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted
without reading.

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Wendy asked:

| When I reply, I am getting the mail bounced back with the
| message: "Undeliverable: Subject of email" from the
| System Administrator. This is happening to most but not
| all emails. When I called my ISP, they said it was an
| Outlook glitch and that I should uninstall and then
| reinstall Outlook.
|
| Any other suggestions? If not, if I uninstall Outlook,
| will all my data be saved?
|
| Thanks,
| Wendy

0
MillyS5166 (1132)
1/21/2004 3:15:19 AM
Wendy,
Does this happen to all your mail ? If you could post the exact message that
you get back, that would help in figuring out what is going on. Your ISP
might be blocking certain names that show up in the Subject Line. I heard of
one person getting a similar message rejected and the reason was he had
"virus" in the subject line, but the email was about a stomach
virus..........

--
Tedd Riggs
PDA Square Content Developer

"Wendy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I reply, I am getting the mail bounced back with the
> message: "Undeliverable: Subject of email" from the
> System Administrator. This is happening to most but not
> all emails. When I called my ISP, they said it was an
> Outlook glitch and that I should uninstall and then
> reinstall Outlook.
>
> Any other suggestions? If not, if I uninstall Outlook,
> will all my data be saved?
>
> Thanks,
> Wendy

0
Tedd
1/21/2004 3:23:53 AM
In the subject line, it says: "Undeliverable:"subject"

There is nothing in the body of the message- not even the=20
original message.=20

The email is from "System Administrator"

intact.  Due to
>the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account=20
will be deleted
>without reading.
>
>After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer,=20
Wendy asked:

>| When I reply, I am getting the mail bounced back with=20
the
>| message: "Undeliverable: Subject of email" from the
>| System Administrator. This is happening to most but not
>| all emails. When I called my ISP, they said it was an
>| Outlook glitch and that I should uninstall and then
>| reinstall Outlook.
>|
>| Any other suggestions? If not, if I uninstall Outlook,
>| will all my data be saved?
>|
>| Thanks,
>| Wendy
>

>.

0
anonymous (74722)
1/21/2004 3:47:39 AM
Ted,

I can reply to some, but not most. See my reply below for
exactly what I get in the bounced email.

My ISP says it's not due to them. In fact, they're not
even getting the reply I'm sending out.

Wendy
Subject Line. I heard of
>one person getting a similar message rejected and the
reason was he had
>"virus" in the subject line, but the email was about a
stomach
>virus..........
>
>--
>Tedd Riggs
>PDA Square Content Developer
>www.pdasquare.com
>

>"Wendy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>> When I reply, I am getting the mail bounced back with
the
>> message: "Undeliverable: Subject of email" from the
>> System Administrator. This is happening to most but not
>> all emails. When I called my ISP, they said it was an
>> Outlook glitch and that I should uninstall and then
>> reinstall Outlook.
>>
>> Any other suggestions? If not, if I uninstall Outlook,
>> will all my data be saved?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Wendy
>

>.

0
anonymous (74722)

Invites returning undeliverable messages for ex members of staff
We have deleted a few members of staff from the main ad list as well as the individual distribution groups that they were a member of. However whenever we send out an invite to a selected distribution group we get a undeliverabe back for each of the ex staff members? Can anyone help? On 23 Apr 2007 02:47:57 -0700, hjolliffe@hurleypalmerflatt.com wrote: >We have deleted a few members of staff from the main ad list as well >as the individual distribution groups that they were a member of. > >However whenever we send out an invite to a selected distribution >group we get a und...

Former domain acct keeps kicking back undeliverable... email acct they had rights to is causing the issue
Scenario Exchange 2k3 Former-User (FU) had rights to folders in Current User's (CU) email store, including calendar. FU left company. Email archived, network and email acct deleted. Pretty standard stuff. When sending or replying to a meeting request from CU, an error message comes back with the following: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: User, Former on 12/8/2005 2:38 PM The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address. All ...

Undeliverable meeting requests
when some users send a meeting request to certian people in the GAL they get the below message. The following recipient(s) could not be reached: ........ The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address. The recipent(s) detials are those of people whom no longer have an account in the domain or organisation. Any clues on how to correct this would be great. "Potato" <matts@intralan.co.uk> wrote in news:1113915470.562038.178630@o13g2000cwo.googlegroup...

undeliverable email to known email adresses
I noticed our exchange2000 server is rejecting emails sent to known email adresses within our company. As this is not happening all the time, I'm trying to find out what's going on. I'm sending al the ndr's to a specail email account to find out what's all being rejected. My question in this case is: has anyone heard of this strange behavior? And is there a way to let all email to unknown adresses in my domain (temporarely) go to a specific email address? Thanks in advance. My last company got hundreds of these per day - all were SPAM. Some were close to existing ...

Undeliverable mail #6
Hi, I get lot of messages from 'System Administrator' saying Undeliverable mail while sending mails. The message is moved to Sent Item folder but is not relayed. How can I stop this behavior ? I would like to keep the message in Outbox. Outlook Express gives an error if there is an error while sending mail but does not move th e message to Sent Item. Can Outlook 2003 behave in similar fashion. - Hamir Is there any detail in the message saying why it's undeliverable? "Hamir Chhaya" <hamir.chhaya@gmail.com> wrote in message news:u3jrijQDGHA.2320@TK2MSFTNGP11...

Undeliverable: system administrator spoof???
Recently 2 users have been getting messages that appear to be from our own exchange server indicating that a message they supposedly sent to themselves failed because the user does not exist. Obviously the users never sent these messges. I am trying to make sense of this to at least have some sort of explaination of how/where these messages are coming from. We have symantec AV enterprise ed. on all computers connected to the domain. no viruses appear to be on the inside. I believe it is simply a spam email worm externally that is spoofing one of our email addresses. I am concerned becaus...

Exchange POP3 Undeliverable Mail
I am having a problem with emails bouncing back to the sender if the email address is not valid. I have set undeliverable emails to go to one address but they are just bouncing with a NDR. Is there anyway to make the email go to the user specified as this is not happening at the moment. Adam Hudson wrote: > I am having a problem with emails bouncing back to the sender if the > email address is not valid. I have set undeliverable emails to go to > one address Do you mean an event sink/catchall or third party app, or do you mean you've set up your server so copies of NDRs a...

Receiving Undeliverable when forwarding a Calendar request
Hello, We are on an AD 2003 and Exchange 2003 environment. We have 3 Exchange servers. They are all on the same domain, but they are located in 3 different places around the world. When a user receives a meeting, accepts it, and then tries to forward it to someone on a different Exchange Server, they will get an error stating: You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <exchangeserver #5.7.1> I turned up the logging on the receiving Exchange server and this is what I receive: Event Type: Information Event...

Undeliverable Mail
You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <server name #5.7.1 smtp;554 5.7.1 The server sending your mail [207.13.101.242] does not have a reverse DNS entry. Connection Rejected. Please contact your Dial-Up/DSL/Network ISP Provider.> I get this message when sending an email. What exactly does this mean and how do i fix it? Whoever hosts your public DNS for the domain needs to setup a PTR record in the reverse lookup for your mail server. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS I...

why do i keep getting undeliverable message?
I had a problem with outgoing email. kept getting symantec error 1009,3 or something. now just get undeliverable from system admin. Do you have Symantec AntiVirus scanning outgoing mail? If so, try turning it off, at least temporarily, to see if it fixes the issue. Also, check with your ISP to see if they're having mail server issues. "sarah" <sarah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:31F0667C-125C-4102-858B-FA4AE08305B3@microsoft.com... >I had a problem with outgoing email. kept getting symantec error 1009,3 or > something. now just get undeliv...

Duplicate "undeliverable mail" notices
I send out advertising emails on a daily basis, and of course there are a certain number returned as "undeliverable" for any number of reasons, not the least of which is the dreaded "recipeant's mailbox is over quota". But my main problem with these bounced email notices is that they are coming in duplicate. As I scan down through these, every other one is a duplicate of the one above it. So if there are 200 returned emails, only 100 are necessary. Anyone with a suggestion as to what's happening here, or how to correct it? ...

Why am I getting Undeliverable emails notification?
Why am I getting "undeliverable emails" notification when I send emals from a third party? ie sending photos from Photoshop Elements 6 Derek "minsee95" in <news:5A88132A-9895-43F7-9B17-528AAC7A27CD@microsoft.com> wrote: > Why am I getting "undeliverable emails" notification when I send emals from a > third party? ie sending photos from Photoshop Elements 6 > Derek All depends on what the NDR (non-delivery report) e-mail said which you chose not to divulge. Sorry - the crystal ball has the weekend off. Post some useful information such as the ...

OK you Exchange Experts........Undeliverable internal emails
This is with Exchange 2003 on Win2000 Server. I created a new user (Smith, John) this morning.Users cannot send emails to Smith, John when his name is selected from the Global Address Book. But if I type his email address in (jsmith@company.com) then it will go. What gives??? Here's the error message I get: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: This is another test Sent: 2/23/2005 2:57 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Smith, John on 2/23/2005 2:57 PM The e-mail account does not exist at the ...

Notifications of undeliverable mail
We are running exchange 2003 and the person who was incharge of getting the system up has quit. I want to delete his exchange account, but there is still one thing hanging out there that needs to be configured differently and I cant find it. When an email comes back undeliverable, he recieves an email in his outlook account. Where can I go to change this setting? I would like to change it from his address to mine. Thanks it is set in the properties of the smtp virtual server http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=295653 "Notification of undeliverable emails" <Notificati...

Mass "Undeliverable Mail" emails from postmaster?
I receive hundreds of "Undeliverable Mail" emails from the postmaster of our domain. I also get them from recipients of email that has been sent from some unknown sender and sometimes my email address. They tell me that I have sent them a virus within the email--which they have blocked. Some of them do not even have my email address as the sender. Neither the recipient 'nor' the 'sender' addresses are in anyones contact lists on our network. We are running a windows 2000 server using a cisco 2500 router. Thanks in advance to anyone who responds... Pro...

Undeliverable messages #2
On my Exchange server, the System Administrator sends the Administrator a message when an undeliverable message has been received. No doubt this is the default. Is there a way to turn this off, otherwise I am deleting quite a few messages every day, or setting up an automatic delete every day? SMTP virtual server properties | Messages tab | clear "Send copy of Non-Delivery Report to" It's not a default setting. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Steve at TAG&q...

Undeliverable Mail #6
I am NOT an IT Professional. I just try to do my best as our company IT person. (someone has to do it). We use Windows server 2003 for small business. We Use MS Exchange v 6.5 Build 7638.2 Service Pack 2. Our company can not send email to yahoo.com or aol.com addresses. The company that setup our server said " We don’t handle your dns configuration, this is something you have to take up with Interland. However, the dns report is just flagging generic issues that will not cause you any harm and is not causing you any problems. What I believe is happening is the dns server at ESI is...

Flooded by Undeliverable messages
I am getting bombarded by hundreds of "undeliverable" messages a day. I have a domain (ex: companydomain.com) which simply points to my real domain of (ex: companyca.com). Some spammer is sending thousands of emails from userxx@companydomain.com and they are bouncing back to my administrator email on my companyca.com address. There is no email for companydomain.com, never has been. I have tried to lock down the domain as much as possible but the spammers have it and I don't know what I can do about it. I guess I have two questions: 1. Can I stop the spammers from u...

How to disable Undeliverable notice from email administrator?
I found that MS Outlook XP has a very annoying option that really drives me crazy. When I try to send the email during off-line mode, I will receive a feed back from god dame e-mail administrator telling me that my e-mail is undeliverable! Which is really absoutly nonsense! I know the mail could not be delivered naturally without receiving a computer auto response! The worst of all is that when I connct to internet without restart the Outlook, the outlook will keep on rejecting my e-mail. This auto-response dosn't happen in Outlook Express at all. What is wrong with the MS Outlook...

Undeliverable mail #4
I am having a problem with sending mail to various external sites. I am getting the following NDR back. I believe that this is a problem with the 'underscore' that exists in our domain name. This has existed since way before I got here! The problem only happens with certain domain names and is causing me some grief. Any ideas on how to rectify this in the short term. In the next 6-12 months I will be upgrading to 2003 , both server and exchange, but need a short term fix. The NDR is:- Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Re:...

Undeliverable! But only certain emails!
I'm getting very frustrated! :x I have Outlook 2003 and Windows XP. Whenever I forward a certain type of email (a newsletter from one source, and a link forwarded from another) I immediately get an "email" in my inbox saying it is undeliverable. I've checked Microsoft's knowledge base (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/286106/en-us) but it does not cover my situation. This doesn't come from my ISP. It doesn't get that far. The undeliverable "email" shows up in my inbox, not on my ISP. The message inside says: 550 5.7.1 m46DLijx012817 This message does not...

Severe Delays
Dear All, We are running a two node (active/passive) Exchange 2003 cluster on Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition SP1 (Revision 1) and Exchange 2003 SP2. Presently we are experiencing severe delays on undeliverable notications when we sent out emails globally within the organisation (there are approximately 3000 mailboxes.) For example a global email was sent regarding a major fault during the week commencing 15/01/07 - 19/01/07 yet the notification failures seem to come back at irregular intervals. The last being this afternoon when notications were returned due to two disabled account...

Message Undeliverable due to Size
I have an issue with Exchange 2003 rejecting messages due to size limitations even though I have no restrictions set on message size either sending or recieving. Here is a copy of the undeliverable message; Remote host said: 552 4.3.1 Message size exceeds fixed maximum message size I have checked the global settings, the individual setting in Active Directory, and the SMPT server settings and they all allow for large messages. Any Ideas? remote host means it's a message size limitation on the receiving server...was this an outbound Internet email? "Brad" <Brad@di...

Undeliverable message #8
Hi, We have a Exchange 2000 server in a mixed 2000/2003 domain. Some users have been getting the following undeliverable email message when emailing: localhost.localdomain #4.0.0 X-Postfix; connect to mailstore1.secureserver.net[64.202.166.11]: Connection timed out Not always this domain or IP address, others as well. I'm at a loss where to even start looking. I am assuming that this is a problem at our end. Does anyone have an idea what the message means? Thanks. Are any of those hosts your Exchange server? It reads as if it's outside Exchange. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange ...

Undeliverable, delivery refused emails
We have a w2k3 domain and only one exchange server. We have a user that is sending an email to another user in our domain. We only have the one domain. They are both in the same store on the exchange server. Both users have outlook 2003. We have checked and they aren't over their storage or send/recieve limits. The email is only 32kb. Everyone else can send to this user without any errors. Any thoughts on what may be causing this? The error message is below. The message reached the recipient's e-mail system, but delivery was refused. Attempt to resend the message. ...