Outlook 2002 and Retrieving Data Error Message

OS is Windows XP SP1
Email - Outlook 2002 SP3
Error Message: Outlook is retrieving data from the Microsoft Exchange
Server <server  name>. You can cancel the request or minimize this
message to the Windows taskbar until Outlook closes the message
automatically.

Other Related Issues:  At times, the message displays the correct
server name and sometime it does not.  At times, it displays the name
of an active directory server.  This only happens to workstations
located in an remote office connecting to the exchange server via
ADSL\VPN connection.  We have one exchange 2003 server - public
folders and mail are on one server.  The same end users state that
Outlook is slow at times.

What have we done: changed the registry as per article Knowledge
article # 293650.  No change

Questions:  Why would Outlook reference the AD server at times.  Any
other suggestions to resolve this issue?

JD

Outlook blocking attachments
I am running Outlook 2000 and when I recieve an email with a .bat or .exe extension it blocks the attachment. How is that turned off so the attachments can be delivered? Thanks, Dan Dan wrote: > I am running Outlook 2000 and when I recieve an email with > a .bat or .exe extension it blocks the attachment. How is > that turned off so the attachments can be delivered? > > Thanks, > Dan try here: http://www.slovaktech.com/attachmentoptions.htm ...

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

XCH Error 3092, OAB replication

MS Money 95 data files

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work