Outlook 2000 under Win98

Hi,

Have a machine with Win98 and Outlook 2000.  I am giving
this machine to another user.  The problem that I have is
that when I start Outlook 2000, it has the previous user
name in the splash screen.

here are the things that I have tried.

1. Uninstall Outlook 2000 (twice)
2. Delete all occurances of Outlook in Registry
3. Reinstall Outlook 2000 (twice)
4. Delete .pwl files

And still when I reinstall again, I entered a new user
name in the installation process. After that, I start
Outlook and still have the previous user name.

Note: Don't really want to reinstall Win98.

Any suggestions would help.

Sandman.
0
anonymous (74722)

Linked graphics into a Publisher 2000 document
I have a 400KB document (withgout graphics). I insert two JPEG images each around 200KB into the document. I figure the resulting document should be around 700KB. Result? An 11MB file. I delete the images (document is now 400KB) and instead insert the images using the "Link to File" option. Graphics Manager confirms that the images are linbked into the file. The size should not be more than 500KB. Result? An 11MB file. Question is how can I insert images into a Publisher 2000 documentr without the file blowing up? And why does it blow up? Regards, Richard. Richard wrot...

Backing Up Outlook Express Emails
Does anyone know how to back up email's in Outlook Express? Backup your dbx-files For more assistance ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Cindy" <anonymous@discussion...

Front End Exchange 2003 OWA for a Back end 2000
Hey everybody, At the minute we're in the process of upgrading our 30 odd servers to Windows Server 2003. The Domain Controllers are still running Windows 2000. My question is : Can I install an Exchange 2003 OWA on a Windows Server 2003 to connect to an Exchange 2000 Server in a Windows 2000 Domain (Native Mode) Do I have to upgrade the whole domain first ? What about notions of Front End / Back End ? We would like to do this to benefit from the new OWA (As it's sooooo cool :)) Thanks for your replies, Mike You can use an E2K3 FE to connecto to an E2K BE, but you only get OW...

error sending from 5.5 to 2000
When a user sends from an exchange 5.5 mailbox to a user in exchange 2000, they receive the following error: The message was undeliverable because the recipient specified in the recipient postal address was not known at this address The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=Express-Scripts;l=TEMMS014-041001192533Z-210060 <mail5.express-scripts.com #5.1.1> The same user on the 5.5 server can send to other users on the 2000 server. I looked the error up in technet and got 3 kb articles with only 1, kb295377 being anything close to my problem. I checked the entr...

Outlook 2000 doesn't respond after downloading MS update!!
Luckily, my Outlook Express seems to work, but my Outlook 2000 will open, but if I click on a message or do Anything, it FREEZES. HELP!! I rely on calendar functions, other things. HOW could MS allow an update that screws up their own programs? I did restore - to no avail. I lent CD to someone, so can't do "repair." (Trying to get a hold of friend) Please help! I'm in process of job hunt & really need Outlook to function... Thanks, Sherry Did you recently apply SP3 for Office/Outlook 2000 and is Outlook 2000 configured in Internet Mail Only mode? If yes, you...

outlook not senfing mail
i can receive mail, but not send. this is new. all was fine for last 7 months. not sure what to do. thank you any error messages? a bernstein ����: > i can receive mail, but not send. this is new. all was > fine for last 7 months. not sure what to do. > > thank you ...

Microsoft Outlook 2002 #3
How can I allow Level 1 files into Outlook 2002, I keep getting the following message "Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachments" Thanks, Stephen Some options here http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm "spike" <stephen@just4u.ie> wrote in message news:090201c35c10$19100be0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How can I allow Level 1 files into Outlook 2002, I keep > getting the following message "Outlook blocked access to > the following potentially unsafe attachments" > > Thanks, > > Stephen ...

Missing Menu Options (Outlook 2002)...
HELP! I've noticed a few things disappearing: 1) When I right-click an e-mail to add the person to the Junk Senders list, the options under "Junk E-mail" are no longer visible (just gives me a stubby blank box) 2) I don't have access to "Tools --> Rules Wizard" - that'c completely disappeared. Any ideas? ...

Outlook 2003 attachments.
When an email comes in with say a word attachment, i go to open the attachment the only option i get is 'save to disk' or cancel. It gives a message saying that this file might contain a virus etc. etc. This happens with all attachments. How can i change it so there is a open button also. The pc is windows 2000 sp 4 with Office 2003. Regards ...

Change <value> in outlook
We Have Exchange 2003 sp2 and outlook 2003 sp2. I have renamed 2 AD accounts. Changed all display names, accounts name etc with the 2 accounts. When users open outlook and send to renamed account they see account name <oldaccountname> in the autocomplete list. I have cleared nk2 files in profile , but it still shows newaccount <oldaccountname> in drop down box. Is there a way to edit the <oldaccountnam> value of the renamed account? I tried the same thing with a freshly loaded PC. with the same result. Thanks You can delete the nickname files. -- Ed Crowley MVP - E...

When launching Outlook I recieve the following error... please he
When launching Outlook 2003 I recieve the following error: The add-in "C:\PROGRAM~1\SPAMBL~1\Bin\461~1.0\SBOLExt.dll" could not be installed or loaded. This problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repair on the Help menu. I ran the Detect and Repair and that didn't work. I ran the repair option from Add and Remove Program in Control Panel and that didn't work. I also un-installed and then re-installed Outlook 2003 and that didn't work. I'm running Windows 2000. Any ideals...? Did you have something possibly called SpamBlocker installed at some point?...

Operating a small passenger service
I am hoping someone has managed to customise outlook in a way that allows you to use the programe to manage bookings on a small passenger service. I.e input a new booking, number of people, location etc. Then email the days bookings to the different drivers. Maybe it could also be set up to know how many seats are avialale to reduce the risk of double booking? Im using Outlook 2003. ...

Can't edit print styles in Outlook 2007

Excel 2000 macro security Level
Hi! I am running an ASP.NET application which ideally opens an Exce spreadsheet with a macro included in it. When I try opening spreadsheet without a macro, everything works fine, but with macros, i hangs on the opening command. I tried to go to Excel 2000 and go t Tools->Macros->Security Level->Low but it still hangs when I try t open the macro spreadsheet. All works fine with the spreadsheet no containing macros, so it really is a question of macro security. But put it to low, so I don't understand how it is still not opening!! An help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks and...

Outlook XP #32
When starting Outlook, I get the following error message: "Outlook.exe There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive\Device\Harddisk 1\DR3. Cancel Try Again. Continue." How do I keep this message from popping up? ...

Outlook error message #4
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error. What's the problem? ...

Outlook Data Files #4

Outlook 2003 E-mail Preview before receiving
I currently use an E-mail client called GoldMine that allows me to preview e-mail sent to me on the server before actually downloading/receiving it to my computer. I find this extremely beneficial in weeding out the junk/unsolicited and potentially virus-infected e-mail. Is it possible to do this with Microsoft Office Outlook 2003? When selecting send/receive , it appears the only option option is to actually download/receive the message to be able to view it. If you are aware as to how I may be able to preview first without downloading, please provide instructions on how to achi...

Publisher 2000? #2
Is there a place where I can still get version 2000? I've been looking, but all I can find are updates and the 2007 trial. My computer can't run 2007. *If* if can be had, try something like eBay. (I wouldn't buy software that way but that's just my preference.) You may find you have better luck finding a leftover copy of Pub 2003 from some online retailers. (I actually prefer that over 2000.) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

outlook not responding #8
when i go and open outlook i get a screen that says outlook is unavailable.and then it says don't send or send to microsoft. i keep recieving this message. what is happening What version of Outlook and have you tried Detect and Repair? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, jonna asked: | when i go and open outlook i get a screen that says | outlook is...

XP Look and Feel in Windows 2000 using ComCtrl32.dll
Hai I Want to have a XP Look and feel under windows2000 using VC++ and ComCtrl32.dll and does any one have any idea please help me as basically iam looking to develop a Skin Waiting for your reply suresh You will have to draw many of your own components. You could purchase a library like the one from www.codejock.com or www.dundas.com or or www.bcgsoft.com use something like this: These are for Office XP, but you'll get the idea. It's a ton of work: http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/officexp.asp Tom "suresh" <s...

Outlook xp Offline folders vs O2k3 Cached Exchange mode
I recently upgraded a group of executives from Outlook XP to Outlook 2003. I used the "upgrade" option. I also installed O2K3 SP1. They all have laptops and use offline folders. Several have had various offline folder issues since the upgrade. Is there something I need to configure in order for them to continue to use their offline folders? or Does Cached Exchange mode replace Offline folders? Are there known issues with the upgrade and offline folders? I'm not sure what to look for. Thanks in advance for your time! techguyasap <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Outlook 2007: is there a way to use it as a Diary
I'd like to keep a daily journal of important notes, etc. In other words , I would like to keep a Diary. Does Outlook 2007 have this capability? TIA Sure - Ctrl+8 to view the journal or you can create a Mail and Post folder type and post to it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH...