Outlook 2000 Rules Wizard #3

    I set up a rule to delete messages with certain words in the Subject
line to help filter SPAM.  The problem is, it deletes the message like it's
supposed to but leaves the mail new mail icon in the system tray like it's
still there.  So when an email comes in the icon appears but when I check
there is no new message.  Can anyone help with this.

    Danny

Dunno about OL2000, but the OL2003 rules wizard has a "mark message as
read" step - add that to your rule before it gets deleted, and that
should take care of it?

HTH
JeffG

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 23:14:15 GMT, "Daniel Carwile"
<DannyCarwile@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>    I set up a rule to delete messages with certain words in the Subject
>line to help filter SPAM.  The problem is, it deletes the message like it's
>supposed to but leaves the mail new mail icon in the system tray like it's
>still there.  So when an email comes in the icon appears but when I check
>there is no new message.  Can anyone help with this.
>
>    Danny

0
not_here6828 (136)
2/2/2005 12:24:29 PM
Daniel Carwile <DannyCarwile@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>    I set up a rule to delete messages with certain words in the
> Subject line to help filter SPAM.  The problem is, it deletes the
> message like it's supposed to but leaves the mail new mail icon in
> the system tray like it's still there.  So when an email comes in the
> icon appears but when I check there is no new message.  Can anyone
> help with this.

The icon in the notification area turns on as soon as the message hits your
Inbox, prior to your rules running.  There is no way for a rule to turn off
the icon and no way for Outlook to know that there aren't more new messages
in your Inbox at that point in time.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16051)

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Crash on 'Send"

pop3 #3
My outlook express hasnt been working since I got my new Dell computer. It says that the "POP3" isnt connected so i cant receive or send e-mail!!! HELP!! How do i fix this problem? I've tried calling Dell and Microsoft and have waited hours on the phone and have not gotten any assistance! Who is your ISP/mail host? Seems like you might want to contact them for support. I presume you can get to the Internet just fine.... rose wrote: > My outlook express hasnt been working since I got my new > Dell computer. It says that the "POP3" isnt connected so > i ca...

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

cant start outlook pst file to large

Outlook 2003

Outlook "Ruler" won't go away

Reminders in Outlook

Outlook default to paragraph

Office 2003, Outlook (Outlook Today)...

Outlook Express 6 w/multiple accounts

Reverse created rules
I inadvertantly created a rule to automatically send emails from an email address directly into the deleted files. How do I reverse or delete the rule for this sender??????? If this is Outlook then select the Tools Menu > Rules Wizard > locate the Rule and delete it, if its Outlook Express then go to Tools > Message Rules "joebzii@everestkc.net" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1c12401c4218b$fa8e7f70$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I inadvertantly created a rule to automatically send > emails from an email address directly into the deleted &...

Moving Contacts to Outlook Address Book

outlook 98 corperate forms

Outlook OOF

OutLook and Notes co-existing.

Outlook 2007 create background
it seems that there is no way to create a stationary or theme in outlook 2007 !? Aloha ami, I wish that were true however...Tools | Options | Mail Format | Stationery and Fonts. -Ben- Ben M. Schorr - MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm > it seems that there is no way to create a stationary or theme in > outlook 2007 !? > You cannot create new stationery for Outlook 2007, but you can create = new themes. In an open message, on the Options tab, make your changes = with the commands in the Them...

Rendering iframe in an outlook message
what settings (is it security) do I need to make to outlook 2003 to enable it to render an iframe HTML in a message? ...

Outlook 2002 XP SP 3 Archive problem
Hi there I am trying to get my newly configured outlook to archive my folders. I have ust configured it to download two POP email accounts and that works fine. I have set up a set of folders below my outlook (Personal Folders / pst) inbox node and placed the relevant emails in the corresponding folders. I have gone into tools -> options -> other -> and pressed the "AutoArchive..." button -> and set the "clean out folders older than" selection boxes to "3" and "Months" and pressed the "apply these setting to all folders" button. I ...