Outlook 2000 Question #3

Hi,

I've got a simple question that there might be a simple answer to that I
just can't quite see right in front of me.  I have a client that's running
Outlook 2000 (with service release 3 installed...all updates done to MS
Office) and it can't seem to Accept/Decline/Cancel meeting requests.  The
emails show up indicating time and date but the buttons do not appear to
Accept or Decline the meeting.  Does anyone know what I can do to fix this?

Thanks in advance,

Bobby

0
bobby8681 (18)

Are they using Corp or Internet mode? Do they receive the meeting request
form or a plain text message with the details?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Bobby" <bobby@comtech.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I've got a simple question that there might be a simple answer to that I
> just can't quite see right in front of me.  I have a client that's running
> Outlook 2000 (with service release 3 installed...all updates done to MS
> Office) and it can't seem to Accept/Decline/Cancel meeting requests.  The
> emails show up indicating time and date but the buttons do not appear to
> Accept or Decline the meeting.  Does anyone know what I can do to fix
> this?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Bobby

0
outlookmvp (5838)
10/11/2005 3:39:46 PM
Hi Diane,
They are using "Corporate" mode. The message is in plain text with the
details...

Thanks,

Bobby

They are using "Corp" edition as well as
> Are they using Corp or Internet mode? Do they receive the meeting request
> form or a plain text message with the details?
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

> "Bobby" <bobby@comtech.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've got a simple question that there might be a simple answer to that I
> > just can't quite see right in front of me.  I have a client that's
running
> > Outlook 2000 (with service release 3 installed...all updates done to MS
> > Office) and it can't seem to Accept/Decline/Cancel meeting requests.
The
> > emails show up indicating time and date but the buttons do not appear to
> > Accept or Decline the meeting.  Does anyone know what I can do to fix
> > this?
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > Bobby

0
bobby8681 (18)
10/11/2005 5:53:49 PM
they need to send it as an RTF message. Are they on an exchange server? If
not, are any of the contacts configured for always use plain text? (click on
their email address in contacts)  Is outlook set to choose the best format?
(tools, options, mail format)

--

> Hi Diane,
> They are using "Corporate" mode. The message is in plain text with the
> details...
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bobby
>

> They are using "Corp" edition as well as
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message
>> Are they using Corp or Internet mode? Do they receive the meeting request
>> form or a plain text message with the details?
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide)

>> "Bobby" <bobby@comtech.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I've got a simple question that there might be a simple answer to that
>> > just can't quite see right in front of me.  I have a client that's
> running
>> > Outlook 2000 (with service release 3 installed...all updates done to MS
>> > Office) and it can't seem to Accept/Decline/Cancel meeting requests.
> The
>> > emails show up indicating time and date but the buttons do not appear
>> > Accept or Decline the meeting.  Does anyone know what I can do to fix
>> > this?
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance,
>> >
>> > Bobby

0
outlookmvp (5838)
10/11/2005 6:18:52 PM
- the meeting request is being sent in RTF
- no exchange server involved
- works for all other clients with same OS and outlook version
- contacts are not configured by default to use plain text, it's set to rich
text
- best format is set to rich text as well under tools-options-mail format

one thing i did notice is the header of the email is in the email on the
client's machine and then what's supposed to create the whole meeting shows
up...code i would i would say. which makes me wonder if it is something
solely to do with the client machine.

> they need to send it as an RTF message. Are they on an exchange server? If
> not, are any of the contacts configured for always use plain text? (click
on
> their email address in contacts)  Is outlook set to choose the best
format?
> (tools, options, mail format)
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

> "Bobby" <bobby@comtech.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Diane,
> > They are using "Corporate" mode. The message is in plain text with the
> > details...
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Bobby
> >

> > They are using "Corp" edition as well as
> > "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message
> >> Are they using Corp or Internet mode? Do they receive the meeting
request
> >> form or a plain text message with the details?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> >> Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
> >> Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide)
> >>
> >> Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
> >>
> >> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> >> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
> >> Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
> >> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
> >>

> >> "Bobby" <bobby@comtech.com> wrote in message

> > running
MS
> > The

0
bobby8681 (18)
10/11/2005 6:45:10 PM
i must not have clarified...the issue still persists even though everything
mentioned previously was looked at

> - the meeting request is being sent in RTF
> - no exchange server involved
> - works for all other clients with same OS and outlook version
> - contacts are not configured by default to use plain text, it's set to
rich
> text
> - best format is set to rich text as well under tools-options-mail format
>
> one thing i did notice is the header of the email is in the email on the
> client's machine and then what's supposed to create the whole meeting
shows
> up...code i would i would say. which makes me wonder if it is something
> solely to do with the client machine.
>

> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message
> > they need to send it as an RTF message. Are they on an exchange server?
If
> > not, are any of the contacts configured for always use plain text?
(click
> on
> > their email address in contacts)  Is outlook set to choose the best
> format?
> > (tools, options, mail format)
> >
> > --
> > Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> > Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
> > Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide)
> >
> > Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
> >
> > Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> > Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
> > Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
> > EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
> >

> > "Bobby" <bobby@comtech.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi Diane,
> > > They are using "Corporate" mode. The message is in plain text with the
> > > details...
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Bobby
> > >

> > > They are using "Corp" edition as well as
> > > "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message
> request

> that
> > > running
> MS
> > > The

0
bobby8681 (18)
10/12/2005 2:16:56 PM
Does anyone else have any ideas as to what could be wrong in this scenario?

Please help!

Thanks,

Bobby

> i must not have clarified...the issue still persists even though
everything
> mentioned previously was looked at
>
> "Bobby" <bobby@comtech.com> wrote in message
> > - the meeting request is being sent in RTF
> > - no exchange server involved
> > - works for all other clients with same OS and outlook version
> > - contacts are not configured by default to use plain text, it's set to
> rich
> > text
> > - best format is set to rich text as well under tools-options-mail
format

> > one thing i did notice is the header of the email is in the email on the
> > client's machine and then what's supposed to create the whole meeting
> shows
> > up...code i would i would say. which makes me wonder if it is something
> > solely to do with the client machine.
> >

> > "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message
> > > they need to send it as an RTF message. Are they on an exchange
server?
> If
> > > not, are any of the contacts configured for always use plain text?
> (click
> > on
> > > their email address in contacts)  Is outlook set to choose the best
> > format?
> > > (tools, options, mail format)
> > >
> > > --
> > > Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> > > Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
> > > Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide)
> > >
> > > Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
> > >
> > > Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> > > Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
> > > Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
> > > EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
> > >

> > > "Bobby" <bobby@comtech.com> wrote in message

> > request

> > that
> > MS
> requests.
> appear
> fix

0
bobby8681 (18)
10/17/2005 6:21:32 PM
Hi Bobby!

Doesn't the whole line show up, or is it just those two buttons?

When you're in the "window" where you are suppose to have Accept, Decline,
rightclick behind the menus, and select Standard (I think that's the line
you're missing).

Hope this will help you.

Tina

PS. Hope you understand my English (I'm not from an English talking
country).

"Bobby" <bobby@comtech.com> skrev i melding
> Does anyone else have any ideas as to what could be wrong in this
> scenario?
>
> Please help!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bobby
>

> "Bobby" <bobby@comtech.com> wrote in message
>> i must not have clarified...the issue still persists even though
> everything
>> mentioned previously was looked at
>>
>> "Bobby" <bobby@comtech.com> wrote in message
>> > - the meeting request is being sent in RTF
>> > - no exchange server involved
>> > - works for all other clients with same OS and outlook version
>> > - contacts are not configured by default to use plain text, it's set to
>> rich
>> > text
>> > - best format is set to rich text as well under tools-options-mail
> format
>> >
>> > one thing i did notice is the header of the email is in the email on
>> > the
>> > client's machine and then what's supposed to create the whole meeting
>> shows
>> > up...code i would i would say. which makes me wonder if it is something
>> > solely to do with the client machine.
>> >

>> > "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message
> server?
>> If
>> (click
>> > on
>> > format?

> the

>> > request

>> > that
> that's
>> > MS
>> requests.
>> appear
>> fix

0
tinajtsto (8)

CRM 3.0 and Microsoft VPC Help
Forum Members: I am trying to install Microsoft CRM 3.0 (VPC) and Microsoft VPC 5.3.582.45. I can't figure out how to get the CRM image up and running. My CRM files are loaded on an external hard drive. Please help! Thanks, Casey Please clarify: The CRM 3.0 VPC expired on 11/30/2008 Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Virtual PC Demonstration - August 2007 Release: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=57394BC8-5ECC-422E-A066-34189F48F8C8&displaylang=en Directions: For the VPC documentation and demonstration materials: download the VPC Documentation and Demonstrati...

Question -Problem

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

using the journal on outlook

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

Emails #3

Document Template question
It's legal for a document to have multiple views into it's data, but when CMultiDocTemplate is created, it is only passed one runtime view class. How are multiple views handled in the document template context? Should all views of your document be derived from the class passed to CMultiDocTemplate? This is confusing me because MDI AppWizard did the work of setting up a document view class for me, but now I'm just using a child window with an imbedded static splitter window to show two different views of my document, and these views have nothing to do with CMyProjectView that...

Pivot Table Question #5

learning Excel #3

question on os authenticity
I purchased a laptop with Windows 2000 preinstalled from a dealer who claims to be a Microsoft Authorized Refurbisher. There was no COA attached to the body of the computer and he claims that he was not required to because he owns the license to it, not me. Is this correct? -- julesrh77 Good question but not for this community. You need to post your question in a Windows community. But, I think he's wrong and you should call Microsoft directly to ask them. You can find their phone number by going to www.microsoft.com. -- Charles Allen, MVP "julesrh77" wrote: > ...

cannot open hyper links in outlook

outlook 97 and express email problems

Does Outlook use the DAV protocol?