Outlook 2000 password saving probem

I have outlook 2000 and the software will not save the
passwords I give it.  A window always pops up asking me
for a paaword whenever I try to connect to my ISP for my
pop3.  Also it always asked me for a password when I send
an e-mail out even thought I have checked the save
password box.  Anyone know a fix for this problem?
Plkease help.
0
anonymous (74722)

0
j.vacher (1)
2/17/2004 10:16:26 PM
See if any of the following MSKB articles help.

For Outlook 2000 or 2002 on Win 98, NT, or 2000:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290684

For Outlook 2000 on Windows 2000:
(CW) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;275465
(IMO) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;259416

For all Outlook versions on Windows XP (note, this article is written for OE
but the solution applies to Outlook as well.  Just ignore the parts that
refer to OE):
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;264672

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:1177401c3f59a$d3b77450$a301280a@phx.gbl,
jddamock wrote:

> I have outlook 2000 and the software will not save the
> passwords I give it.  A window always pops up asking me
> for a paaword whenever I try to connect to my ISP for my
> pop3.  Also it always asked me for a password when I send
> an e-mail out even thought I have checked the save
> password box.  Anyone know a fix for this problem?
> Plkease help.

Also try Knowledge Base Article 259416 for Outlook 2000
version.

us;264672

>--
>Jocelyn Fiorello
>MVP - Outlook
>
>*** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be
answered -- please
>reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message
thread. ***

>In news:1177401c3f59a$d3b77450$a301280a@phx.gbl,
>jddamock wrote:
>
>> I have outlook 2000 and the software will not save the
>> passwords I give it.  A window always pops up asking me
>> for a paaword whenever I try to connect to my ISP for
my
>> pop3.  Also it always asked me for a password when I
send
>> an e-mail out even thought I have checked the save
>> password box.  Anyone know a fix for this problem?
>> Plkease help.
>

>.

0
anonymous (74722)

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

password protection paramenters
Hello, I want to be able to unprotect my sheet, add a wordart graphi and reprotect my sheet. The problem I am having is when I do this wit code the file is protected with the default parameters selected. I wan to be able to enable wordart so I can insert a wordart object and the protect the sheet again. I want to get around the user being able to just delect the added wor art. When protected I would like the following parameters to be set: Allow users to select locked cells select Unlocked cells format cells format rows Its the "edit objects" parameter that needs to be enabled fo...

How to suppress repeating password prompts and scope pre-emption?
Outlook (2003,2007, perhaps other versions also) has an absolutely enraging feature seemingly devised to intentionallly cause major distress and anguish on the parts of its users, to wit: Whenever an email account provider computer decides the account has been open too long and requests a new logon, (ATT/Yahoo) or an account was never able to log on in the first place (bad password) a window periodically pops up and the keyboard entry goes directly into the password field with no warning. I am often typing an email etc. and find that the previous paragraph of text, some of i...

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

using the journal on outlook

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

cannot open hyper links in outlook

outlook 97 and express email problems

Save as .doc
In Outlook 2003 there is no option to save an eemail as .doc. is there setting that can be turned on to allow this? REBeyer wrote: > In Outlook 2003 there is no option to save an eemail as .doc. > is there setting that can be turned on to allow this? Not that I know of. You can save as .txt, open in Word, and save as a Word doc, though. "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote: > REBeyer wrote: > > In Outlook 2003 there is no option to save an eemail as .doc. > > is there setting that can be turned on to allow this? > > Not that I know of. You can save as ...

Outlook Recall Msg Process

Does Outlook use the DAV protocol?

CRM and Outlook Integration 07-22-03