Outlook 2000 password saving probem

I have outlook 2000 and the software will not save the
passwords I give it.  A window always pops up asking me
for a paaword whenever I try to connect to my ISP for my
pop3.  Also it always asked me for a password when I send
an e-mail out even thought I have checked the save
password box.  Anyone know a fix for this problem?
Plkease help.
0
anonymous (74722)

0
j.vacher (1)
2/17/2004 10:16:26 PM
See if any of the following MSKB articles help.

For Outlook 2000 or 2002 on Win 98, NT, or 2000:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290684

For Outlook 2000 on Windows 2000:
(CW) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;275465
(IMO) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;259416

For all Outlook versions on Windows XP (note, this article is written for OE
but the solution applies to Outlook as well.  Just ignore the parts that
refer to OE):
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;264672

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:1177401c3f59a$d3b77450$a301280a@phx.gbl,
jddamock wrote:

> I have outlook 2000 and the software will not save the
> passwords I give it.  A window always pops up asking me
> for a paaword whenever I try to connect to my ISP for my
> pop3.  Also it always asked me for a password when I send
> an e-mail out even thought I have checked the save
> password box.  Anyone know a fix for this problem?
> Plkease help.

Also try Knowledge Base Article 259416 for Outlook 2000
version.

us;264672

>--
>Jocelyn Fiorello
>MVP - Outlook
>
>*** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be
answered -- please
>reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message
thread. ***

>In news:1177401c3f59a$d3b77450$a301280a@phx.gbl,
>jddamock wrote:
>
>> I have outlook 2000 and the software will not save the
>> passwords I give it.  A window always pops up asking me
>> for a paaword whenever I try to connect to my ISP for
my
>> pop3.  Also it always asked me for a password when I
send
>> an e-mail out even thought I have checked the save
>> password box.  Anyone know a fix for this problem?
>> Plkease help.
>

>.

0
anonymous (74722)

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Crash on 'Send"

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

Outlook 2003

cant start outlook pst file to large

Outlook "Ruler" won't go away

"Save" preferences getting lost
List members: I work on long documents and want to save my work frequently. Every time I set the "Save" preference to a brief interval like five or ten minutes, the preferences seemingly resets itself to a default of thirty minutes. I'm using Word 2008 for the Mac on an Intel running 10.6.2. Thanks in advance for any thoughts. - Mark Pavlick Hi Mark: That indicates that your user ID does not have permission to write to the preference file that Word is using, or that something is replacing the preference file. With the help of your System...

Reminders in Outlook

Outlook default to paragraph

saving and distributing a customized desktop
If there a way to customize one desktop and then copy the file to the other workstations so that they are set up the same way? I get calls all day from our users asking that I customizes their outlook to include some of the modifications I've made to my desk. We have Exchange Server and Outlook 2003 SP2. "Herb Segal" <herb@endlar.com> wrote in message news:Olsb5oBpKHA.5508@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > If there a way to customize one desktop and then copy the file to the other > workstations so that they are set up the same way? > > I get c...

Office 2003, Outlook (Outlook Today)...

Moving Contacts to Outlook Address Book

outlook 98 corperate forms

Outlook Express 6 w/multiple accounts

OutLook and Notes co-existing.

Outlook OOF

Import from Eudora 6 to Outlook 2003

Outlook 2002 XP SP 3 Archive problem
Hi there I am trying to get my newly configured outlook to archive my folders. I have ust configured it to download two POP email accounts and that works fine. I have set up a set of folders below my outlook (Personal Folders / pst) inbox node and placed the relevant emails in the corresponding folders. I have gone into tools -> options -> other -> and pressed the "AutoArchive..." button -> and set the "clean out folders older than" selection boxes to "3" and "Months" and pressed the "apply these setting to all folders" button. I ...