Outlook 2000 leaves messages in outbox when sent

I have a user with Windows XP Pro SP3, and Office 2000 Pro. Both are
fully updated, including Office 2000 SP3. For some reason, whenever
she sends a message in her Outlook, it shows TWO messages in the
outbox for each one she's sending, and leaves one of them behind,
empty except for the recipient information.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? "Detect and Repair" doesn't work
because it says it can't find a source for Office 2000 SP1 (which is
apparently the original installation.)

I realize that Office 2000 is no longer even supported under the
"extended" / paid support, but that's what I have to work with.

Anyone here know how to fix this? If you know how to fix this, other
than upgrading, let me know, please. Thanks!
0
jaldrich (4)

John

Very simple reason and a known issue. The OP is probably scanning his[her in and
outgoing emails with an Anti Virus.
Disable the scanning feature by uninstalling the AV and then re-installing it
without the email integration(scanning) option, Most AV's do not actually disable by
selecting the disable scanning option and thus the reason of the above

Also you might want to read the following

Peter
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"John Aldrich" <jaldrich@blueridgecarpet.com> wrote in message
>I have a user with Windows XP Pro SP3, and Office 2000 Pro. Both are
> fully updated, including Office 2000 SP3. For some reason, whenever
> she sends a message in her Outlook, it shows TWO messages in the
> outbox for each one she's sending, and leaves one of them behind,
> empty except for the recipient information.
>
> Any suggestions on how to fix this? "Detect and Repair" doesn't work
> because it says it can't find a source for Office 2000 SP1 (which is
> apparently the original installation.)
>
> I realize that Office 2000 is no longer even supported under the
> "extended" / paid support, but that's what I have to work with.
>
> Anyone here know how to fix this? If you know how to fix this, other
> than upgrading, let me know, please. Thanks!

0
okf221 (388)
12/18/2010 1:19:31 PM
On Dec 18 2010, 8:19=A0am, "Peter Foldes" <ok...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> John
>
> Very simple reason and a known issue. The OP is probably scanning his[her=
 in and
> outgoing emails with an Anti Virus.
> Disable the scanning feature by uninstalling the AV and then re-installin=
g it
> without the email integration(scanning) option, Most AV's do not actually=
 disable by
> selecting the disable scanning option and thus the reason of the above
>
> Also you might want to read the followinghttp://thundercloud.net/infoave/=
tutorials/email-scanning/index.htm

Thanks for the info. I'll look into it. I'm using Sunbelt Vipre
Enteprise Premium, and if disabling the antivirus at the main command
center doesn't fix it, I'll check with them in their support forum.
0
jaldrich (4)
1/2/2011 4:35:12 PM

Hello John Aldrich,

I can do it for you.
Please reply if you want it.

Regards Andrej

> I have a user with Windows XP Pro SP3, and Office 2000 Pro. Both are
> fully updated, including Office 2000 SP3. For some reason, whenever
> she sends a message in her Outlook, it shows TWO messages in the
> outbox for each one she's sending, and leaves one of them behind,
> empty except for the recipient information.
>
> Any suggestions on how to fix this? "Detect and Repair" doesn't work
> because it says it can't find a source for Office 2000 SP1 (which is
> apparently the original installation.)
>
> I realize that Office 2000 is no longer even supported under the
> "extended" / paid support, but that's what I have to work with.
>
> Anyone here know how to fix this? If you know how to fix this, other
> than upgrading, let me know, please. Thanks!

0
tron90 (21)

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

using the journal on outlook

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

message delivery problems

errror message
error message: the selected assistant character is not available. microsoft outlook cannot install the neccessary files due to windows installer error 1605. this action is only valid for products that are currently installed. anyone please advise? ...

Outlook Recall Msg Process

Does Outlook use the DAV protocol?

cannot open hyper links in outlook

outlook 97 and express email problems