Outlook 2000 keeps hanging

I'm running outlook 2000 on Win ME and my machine keeps
hanging when I try to exit Outlook.  I use Word 2000 as my
email editor.  Additionally, the app takes a long time to
load up and the performance is poor otherwise.

I must have some kind of conflict with one of my
applications?  I know that there are still remnants of
outlook express and MS Works on my computer, but I can't
seem to wipe my computer of these apps completely.

If I reinstall Word and Outlook will this help solve my
problem?  If so, does anyone have any advice as to how to
do this properly?  Is there any good resources that can
walk me through this?

Wayne Daigle
waynedaigle@mindspring.com

I've had the same problem on Win2000 - for a couple years. Reinstallation of
Word and Outlook have made no difference. Applying all available updates has
not helped. The MS Knowledge Base has not helped me.

So I live with it. When it hangs, I go into the Win2000 task manager and
shut down Outlook2000. This always works and has never hurt anything that I
can tell.

I think that Word as email editor and Outlook are not happy with each other,
that somehow Outlook is waiting for the email editor to do something that
Word does only inconsistently.

My hang rate is maybe 1 in 40 uses of Outlook with email/Word.

I don't seem to have a excess time coming up. Perhaps that the difference
between ME and 2000, or the speed of the processor.

No solution I know of.

Charlie
"Wayne Daigle" <waynedaigle@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> I'm running outlook 2000 on Win ME and my machine keeps
> hanging when I try to exit Outlook.  I use Word 2000 as my
> email editor.  Additionally, the app takes a long time to
> load up and the performance is poor otherwise.
>
> I must have some kind of conflict with one of my
> applications?  I know that there are still remnants of
> outlook express and MS Works on my computer, but I can't
> seem to wipe my computer of these apps completely.
>
> If I reinstall Word and Outlook will this help solve my
> problem?  If so, does anyone have any advice as to how to
> do this properly?  Is there any good resources that can
> walk me through this?
>
> Wayne Daigle
> waynedaigle@mindspring.com

0