Outlook 2000 gives " Outlook requires OE 4.1 or greater "

I have XP Pro SP2 with Outlook 2000. I also have OE but use Eudora for
e-mails and Outlook for Contacts.Outlook 2000 is the "Internet Mail
Only" version.

Until recently Outlook 2000 launched normally but recently each time I
launch it I get the message " Outlook requires OE 4.1 or greater ".

I get this even though I have OE v. 6.0 installed.

I've read the MSKB article on this but the "fixes" suggested there
seem to consist of installing OE.

This obviously doesn't apply in my case.

Can anyone suggest a solution and/or a reason why this message should
appear after years of normal operation of Outlook 2000.

If the solution should be a re-installation of Outlook 2000 , since
its some time since I didi this , could someone tell me exactly how to
do this from my MS Office 2000 Installation CD again as I'm afraid
I've forgotten how .

B.N.
0
2/21/2006 8:47:31 PM
outlook 87535 articles. 11 followers. Follow

3 Replies
379 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 39

Your OE is damaged. Re-install OE

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=3Dkb;EN-US;Q318378



--=20
Peter

Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.

<admiral_victory@iol.ie> wrote in message =
news:1aumv190divt7g97lpgdvgn5op1vsucito@4ax.com...
>I have XP Pro SP2 with Outlook 2000. I also have OE but use Eudora for
> e-mails and Outlook for Contacts.Outlook 2000 is the "Internet Mail
> Only" version.
>=20
> Until recently Outlook 2000 launched normally but recently each time I
> launch it I get the message " Outlook requires OE 4.1 or greater ".
>=20
> I get this even though I have OE v. 6.0 installed.
>=20
> I've read the MSKB article on this but the "fixes" suggested there
> seem to consist of installing OE.
>=20
> This obviously doesn't apply in my case.
>=20
> Can anyone suggest a solution and/or a reason why this message should
> appear after years of normal operation of Outlook 2000.
>=20
> If the solution should be a re-installation of Outlook 2000 , since
> its some time since I didi this , could someone tell me exactly how to
> do this from my MS Office 2000 Installation CD again as I'm afraid
> I've forgotten how .
>=20
> B.N.
0
okf221 (388)
2/23/2006 6:35:05 AM
On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 01:35:05 -0500, "Peter Foldes" <okf22@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Your OE is damaged. Re-install OE
>
>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q318378

Thank you for the reply.

However , I'm afraid that link seems to be broken.

Also , as OE came with the original installation of IE 6 , how exactly
do I re-install OE, please ?

B.N.

0
2/23/2006 3:19:25 PM
On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 15:19:25 +0000, admiral_victory@iol.ie wrote:

>On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 01:35:05 -0500, "Peter Foldes" <okf22@hotmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>Your OE is damaged. Re-install OE
>>
>>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q318378
>
>Thank you for the reply.
>
>However , I'm afraid that link seems to be broken.
>
>Also , as OE came with the original installation of IE 6 , how exactly

FWIW , This fault message has now disappeared in the last few days . 

The only thing I've changed is a session of deleting several
Applications which I hardly ever used but which had existed on the
hard drive for some time.

This action was quite incidental to the Outlook error message !

Perhaps one of them had been interfering in some way . 

Will I ever fully understand computers I wonder ?

Just as well my diswasher is not so obtuse !!

B.N.
0
3/7/2006 10:52:17 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Outlook 2000 gives " Outlook requires OE 4.1 or greater "
I have XP Pro SP2 with Outlook 2000. I also have OE but use Eudora for e-mails and Outlook for Contacts.Outlook 2000 is the "Internet Mail Only" version. Until recently Outlook 2000 launched normally but recently each time I launch it I get the message " Outlook requires OE 4.1 or greater ". I get this even though I have OE v. 6.0 installed. I've read the MSKB article on this but the "fixes" suggested there seem to consist of installing OE. This obviously doesn't apply in my case. Can anyone suggest a solution and/or a reason why this message should a...