Outlook 2000 doesn't respond after downloading MS update!!

Luckily, my Outlook Express seems to work, but my Outlook 2000 will open,
but if I click on a message or do Anything, it FREEZES.

HELP!!  I rely on calendar functions, other things.

HOW could MS allow an update that screws up their own programs?

I did restore - to no avail.  I lent CD to someone, so can't do "repair."
(Trying to get a hold of friend)

Please help!  I'm in process of job hunt & really need Outlook to
function...

Thanks,

Sherry

Did you recently apply SP3 for Office/Outlook 2000 and is Outlook 2000
configured in Internet Mail Only mode?  If yes, you might just need the
December 18th update from office.microsoft.com to resolve.  Here is the link
to the update

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=1E252CCF-452A-4313-A402-B50C4405580A&displaylang=en

/neo

"SHERRY LEFLER" <savoire.etre@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Luckily, my Outlook Express seems to work, but my Outlook 2000 will open,
> but if I click on a message or do Anything, it FREEZES.
>
> HELP!!  I rely on calendar functions, other things.
>
> HOW could MS allow an update that screws up their own programs?
>
> I did restore - to no avail.  I lent CD to someone, so can't do "repair."
> (Trying to get a hold of friend)
>
> Please help!  I'm in process of job hunt & really need Outlook to
> function...
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sherry

0
neo7948 (622)
3/10/2005 6:10:51 PM
Thanks for response - when I checked for updates, it says I need Service
Release 1a...  I'm paranoid about downloading it!  What if it screws up MS
Word or something!!  At least I can still use OE - but without Word, I'm
Screwed!

When I looked at my update history, I saw that what I downloaded that messed
things up didn't have anything to do with Outlook - they were security
patches for WinME and one for Media Player 9.

Please advise if I should download SR 1a...?  Keep in mind that I STILL
don't have disk to reinstall...

Thanks again,
Sherry
"neo [mvp outlook]" <neo@online.mvps.org> wrote in message
> Did you recently apply SP3 for Office/Outlook 2000 and is Outlook 2000
> configured in Internet Mail Only mode?  If yes, you might just need the
> December 18th update from office.microsoft.com to resolve.  Here is the
link
> to the update

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=1E252CCF-452A-4313-A402-B50C4405580A&displaylang=en

> /neo
>

> "SHERRY LEFLER" <savoire.etre@verizon.net> wrote in message
> > Luckily, my Outlook Express seems to work, but my Outlook 2000 will
open,
> > but if I click on a message or do Anything, it FREEZES.
> >
> > HELP!!  I rely on calendar functions, other things.
> >
> > HOW could MS allow an update that screws up their own programs?
> >
> > I did restore - to no avail.  I lent CD to someone, so can't do
"repair."
> > (Trying to get a hold of friend)
> >
> > Please help!  I'm in process of job hunt & really need Outlook to
> > function...
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Sherry

SHERRY LEFLER <savoire.etre@verizon.net> wrote:

> Thanks for response - when I checked for updates, it says I need
> Service Release 1a...  I'm paranoid about downloading it!  What if it
> screws up MS Word or something!!  At least I can still use OE - but
> without Word, I'm Screwed!

If you're using WIndows XP, make a System Restore Point prior to installing.
Then if things don't work, you can always restore the restore Point.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
3/11/2005 2:48:07 PM
I'm using ME - which also has the restore feature.  That's the first thing I
tried to do after things got messed up with Outlook -- I went to a restore
point prior to my downloading updates.

No change... except it put back a program I had uninstalled!  I'm thinking
that "restore" really can't undo updates...

Sherry

> SHERRY LEFLER <savoire.etre@verizon.net> wrote:
>
> > Thanks for response - when I checked for updates, it says I need
> > Service Release 1a...  I'm paranoid about downloading it!  What if it
> > screws up MS Word or something!!  At least I can still use OE - but
> > without Word, I'm Screwed!
>
> If you're using WIndows XP, make a System Restore Point prior to
installing.
> Then if things don't work, you can always restore the restore Point.
> --
> Brian Tillman

Open outlook in safe mode to disable any add ins that may
be causing the problem. From run command, open outlook
using outlook.exe/safe

0
anonymous (74722)

removing replicated table information from MS Office Access 2003
I have a tool that exports .xml files which are then imported into a table. If I import the file without any replicated information (ie. s_ColLineage, etc) how would this affect the database? Is it safe to do this? Would I be better off just making the tables not replicable? Thanks On Tue, 4 Mar 2008 03:33:07 -0800, DukeJon <DukeJon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Assuming your Access database does not need replicating, yes, it is safe to omit those fields during import. -Tom. >I have a tool that exports .xml files which are then imported into a table. >If I import the f...

Window panes in Outlook 2003
Just got 2003 and find a third window pane on the far right which is a preview pane for the selected e-mail, evidently. I can find no way to eliminate the window pane. Is there a way to remove this pane? How? I've tried every VIEW combination with no success. View > Reading Pane > Off doesn't work? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "jay" <jay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C953EF40-873E-4A04-93A8-FE101A547D0D@microsoft.com... > Just got 2003 and find a third window pane on the far right which is a > preview pane for the selected e-m...

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Exchange update problem

Crash on 'Send"

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Address book updating...

MS Money 95 data files

Money Deluxe 2006 Trial to Money Deluxe Web Download.
Purchased the "full-download" Microsoft Money Deluxe 2006 version from the trial version download. I followed all the steps to "Activate" the product with successful conclusion. However, the "Trial" nag screen continues to pop-up every time I sign onto Money 2006. To add insult to injury, when I have signed onto the Support Center, wishing to send an email to ask about this, the web-site does not recognize my "PID" (Product ID)...because it continues to believe it is the trail version....thusly only a serial number is listed. And, the SN is not r...

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

cant start outlook pst file to large

Outlook 2003