Outlook 2000 Corporate or Workgroup setup option

I need to setup my Outlook 2000 in the Corporate or
Workgroup mode.  To find out how, I found the Microsoft
Knowledge Base Article 195500
(http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-
us;q195500), which outlines steps:

1. Start Outlook, and on the Tools menu, click Services.
2. ...
3. ...

So in Outlook 2000 I clicked the Tools menu and -- oops!
there is no Services under the Tools menu!

Anybody can help?  Thanks a lot!

Jason

If you had Services on your Tools menu, you'd already be in
Corporate/Workgroup mode  :-)  Internet Mail Only mode has "Accounts"
instead.  Click Accounts and then the Mail Setup tab (I think that's what
it's called in OL2000) and there should be a button that says "Reconfigure
Mail Support" -- that's what you want.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

*** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered --
please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***

In news:0b5401c397e8$9410c640$a601280a@phx.gbl,
Jason wrote:

> I need to setup my Outlook 2000 in the Corporate or
> Workgroup mode.  To find out how, I found the Microsoft
> Knowledge Base Article 195500
> (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-
> us;q195500), which outlines steps:
>
> 1. Start Outlook, and on the Tools menu, click Services.
> 2. ...
> 3. ...
>
> So in Outlook 2000 I clicked the Tools menu and -- oops!
> there is no Services under the Tools menu!
>
> Anybody can help?  Thanks a lot!
>
> Jason

Problem deleting messages on Outlook
Am trying to delete messages in my Inbox. The delete button and 'Delete' function under the Edit are returning the error message --' the messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If problem persists, restart Outlook. I've restarted several times including a full system shutdown. Clear your Deleted Items folder and in case you are working with a pst-file also run Compact Now and scanpst.exe against it to check it for errors. Then try again. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create...

Outlook.exe will not terminate
Hello, I am using Outlook 2003 on Win XP connected to Exchange 2003, when I boot up and run Outlook everything works fine, If I close Outlook and re-open it Outlook will not re-open. The process is still running though, not sure why - any ideas. Regards, Brent Do you have a PDA (ActiveSync) or WinFax Pro? (you have a 3rd party application that uses, monitors, or syncs with outlook data and it doesn't realize that outlook shutdown. it holds a reference and interferes with the next startup request.) "Brent" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2...

Outlook Client 10-26-07
Hi, Here is my config : - SBS 2003 SP1 + CRM 3.0 Rollup 2 - Client: Windows XP SP2 + Outlook 2003 SP3 + CRM Client + Rollup 2 - User is logged into the Domain and is local admin of his computer, indexation service is running under his user profil. On two laptops I encounter the same trouble : display is correct (account, contacts, activities, ...) but I can not have access with the double-clic. Moreover, on these two laptops, the click on an HTML link into a message is not working. You have toi copy/paste the link into IE to have access. It seems that a config of Outlook is missing but ...

outlook 2007 04-08-10
Ran fine yesterday now it will not open up? Make sure outlook.exe is not running in the Task Manager > Processes. If it isn't, try opening Outlook with the /resetnavpane switch: Start > Run > outlook.exe /resetnavpane (note the space between outlook.exe and /resetnavpane) Windows Vista & Windows 7 Start > Start Search > outlook.exe /resetnavpane (same space) -- Kathleen Orland Please support me in my efforts: SPCA Friends for Life 2010 Walk-A-Thon http://ontariospca.akaraisin.com/p/kathleenorland.aspx "shantzy" <shantzy@discussions....

Outlook online?
How can I view, update, and manage my Outlook calendar online? (For free. I have already bought the software.) You've landed in a discussion group for users of Mac versions of Office. Macs don't have Outlook. Although there are several people here who are experts in both Mac and PC, and they may come by soon, you're likely to get quicker results in a discussion group for PC Office. Start here: http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/FlyoutOverview.mspx, and when posting mention the specific version you're using. Cheers, Clive Huggan Canberra, Australia (My time z...

transparent dlg option
hello, when I use transparent option in my cdialog, it will not show up in the foreground but is hidden under man window application. how to fix that? thanks Are you calling DoModal()? Tom "borowka" <ad@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:er5OaUXxGHA.1284@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > hello, > when I use transparent option in my cdialog, > it will not show up in the foreground but is hidden > under man window application. how to fix that? > thanks > yes I do. "Tom Serface" <tserface@msn.com> wrote in message news:%2398LKRfxGHA.3264@TK2MSF...

Outlook crashes when typing recipient
Every time I try to send an email message in Outlook, it crashes as soon as I start typing in the recipient address. Does anyone know what could be causing this and how to fix it? I do not have any Add-Ins installed. Thanks. It would be helpful if you provided at least some basic information such as: 1. Outlook version 2. Mail account type 3. Information store 4. The steps used to break Outlook. I suspect this didn't just start happening on its own for no reason. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] <yofnik@comcast.net> wrote in message news:1159655665.219713.8280@e3g2000cwe.google...

Listed Options
Can Money 3 download option transactions from my brokerage account? And can it recognize opening and closing transactions and enter them without intervention? Can money then match a closing transaction with an open position and make the appropproriate entry? And can Money recognize a short transaction? In microsoft.public.money, BillE wrote: >Can Money 3 download option transactions from my >brokerage account? And can it recognize opening and >closing transactions and enter them without intervention? >Can money then match a closing transaction with an open >position ...

2000 to 2003: Drop-down box crashes system inconsistantly
2000 version works fine. Users that run 2003 on XP crash when they use the drop-down box, which, after update opens filtered form. Solution: They copy the source FE file from the network location to local HD, then it works for a while, until it crashes again. Then they replace local file with network source. Weeks go by without a problem, on other days they have to do this 3-6 times a day. Source file remains the same. Very strange!!!!! Anyone any ideas?????? Presumably this combo is unbound. First thing to try is to force the record save before trying to do th...

Issue with Outlook Mobile Access
Dear all, Since a few days I've got a weird issue with Outlook Mobile Access (OMA). Everything worked fine, untill a few days ago. I had a notification on my phone (Palm Treo 750 with Windows Mobile 6), wich stated that there had been a change on the server (SBS 2003 SP 2). I did not implement any changes this week, apart from the usual updates. The notification said I had to re initialize my mail, contacts, agenda, etc., and because there was no other option, I did. Since then everything syncs normal, apart form my calender. Items on the server (wich can be seen / a...

Exchange 2000/2003 ASP/ISP Deployment Guide
Hi NG, where has the "Exchange 2000 ASP Deployment Guide" gone? Is there any "Exchange 2003 ASP/ISP Deployment Guide" out there? Any comments, tipps around hosting Exchange 2003 for many "virtual organizations"? Tobias Redelberger StarNET Services (HomeOffice) Schoenbornstr. 57 D-97440 Werneck Tel: +49-(0)9722-4835 Mobil: +49-(0)179-25 98 341 Email: T.Redelberger@starnet-services.net Try this link http://www.kapilaggarwal.com/pdf/Exchange%20Deployment%20Guide.doc "Tobias Redelberger" <T.Redelberger@starnet-services.net> wro...

Outlook 2007 and Office H&S 2007`
This has probably been asked and answered somewhere before but I'm not up to weeding through years of postings trying to locate it. The problem is this. I have Office 2007 Home and Student Edition and Outlook 2007 (purchased separately), on my Toshiba laptop computer. It's running Vista Home Premium with 4gigs of memory and a bunch of other typical crap. The computer came with Office pre-installed and I thought I had uninstalled it as it wasn't the edition I had bought. At any rate, whenever I go to use either program, it goes basically into an endless loop of wanting to d...

Outlook 2002 Rules Wizard Won't Respond
I got overactive in adding Rules to kill SPAM and now Outlook 2002 is permanently deleting items that I would prefer to see. Problem is that I cannot open the Rules Wizard (it won't respond), either using the button or from the Tools menu. When I go to Add-in manager, there is no way to "install" the Rules Wizard. I'd like to clear all of the rules and start over. Your help would be appreciated. J. Pine ...

How do I specify row 1 as header row that is to be printed on every page, regardless of other page setup choices?
I searched MS online help, finding results for such things as "print header row", but nothing met my needs. I want to print row 1 as the header row for every page, to be invariant under changing margins or insertions of rows. I can figure out how to insert & print the contents of any given row as the top row of each page if everything is invariant, but I failed to find the description of the procedure to have the contents of the cells of row 1 be the contents of every first row of every printed page. I would like to have a description of the steps to achieve this, or th...

Logging into outlook web interface...gives...a directory listing??
Something very very strange has happened. I logged into OWA, and when I do so, I get a directory listing of all the users mailboxes and then clicking on them prompts for a login for thir account. Anyone have any idea what's happened? I just installed PHP on my server and I don't believe I changed any exchange settings. Not really sure what's happening here. Seus Something has changed the IIS settings to directory listing and propagated it down to the Exchange vdir. There may be a way to fix this within IIS, but by far the easiest way to fix this would be to simply perform a r...

Problems w/ Outlook 2003
Starting yesterday I have been having problems sending e-mails with Outlook 2003 SP1. I use Comcast and while I can recieve I can not send emails with multiple recipients. I get the following messages: Task 'mail.comcast.net - Sending' reported error (0x8004210B) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' Task 'mail.comcast.net - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC60) : 'Your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server has r...

Outlook Today page
I just had to reinstall Outlook and now on the Outlook Today page the option to customize the page is 'hot' but I click it and nothing happens. How do I get it to open up and give me the options to change the appearance of the page? Thanks Vaughn Vaughn <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just had to reinstall Outlook and now on the Outlook > Today page the option to customize the page is 'hot' but > I click it and nothing happens. Asked and answered 100,000 times (literally). Google is your friend. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospac...

Outlook Connector causes Outlook 2007 to not shutdown #3
I have had this problem with Outlook 2007 not shutting down for a long time, but recently, through the process of elimination, I have found that it is being caused by one of my Hotmail accounts, through the Outlook Connector. The actual problem is that Outlook does not exit properly. If I close it, the process can still be seen in Task Manager. When I try to shut down the machine, I get a message saying that Outlook will not shut down, and I need to force it to close. This means that sometimes Outlook needs to check the message store when I start it up again. This does not happen when I r...

Setup AA to analyze Material Type and Grades
We have in Chart of Accounts, PURCHASE OF MATERIALS. Material purchases could be: CEMENT, STEEL, STONE etc and CEMENT has GRADE1, GRADE2, GRADE3, for STEEL, there are TYPE1, TYPE2, TYPE3, TYPE4, for STONE, there are SIZE1, SIZE2, SIZE3. How to setup AA so that the various type material, and the grade can be recorded/analyze? any advice is much appreciated. ...

Outlook calendar freezes
I just installed Outlook 2000 to use for the calendar and contacts. I am syncing it with a Blackberry. It appears to open fine, then when I click on the calendar icon on the left side, the calendar comes up but the left part showing todays appointments is blank. If I click on it, everything appears but I cannot change the date or enter any new appointments on the current date or any other date. All help is welcomed ...

how do I set up Outlook 2003?
I installed Office Pro 2003 on my office and home computer. The setup on my office computer went great. I can't get Outlook to work on my home computer. I un-installed and then re-installed the entire package on my home computer, but I can't get Outlook to work. I get the screen about migrating account settings, but it will not accept my password. I finally get the error message "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. Outlook.ost is not an offline file folder." I have un-installed and re-installed the entire package several times w/o any effect. Is ther...

Can not import pictures in Publisher 2000
After reformatting my Dell computer, I reinstalled 2000. It now does not allow me to import a graphic. I get a box that says something about a graphics convertor missing. The CD is fine - had someone put it on their computer and it allows them to import a graphic. Am I missing another computer file of sort? Hope someone can help. Jeanne All graphics or only certain extensions? All the graphic filters are in a folder similar to this. C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Grphflt If it is only certain extensions, rename the filter, for instance, TIFFIM32.FLT to TIFFIM32.old, dra...

Microsoft Support and Outlook 2002
Why hasn't Microsoft Support chimed in on the multiple instances of Outlook running? john ...

Automated changes of Outlook contact fields
What software / utilities / code etc. are available that would allow me to adjust some existing data in my Outlook 2003 contacts? For example, I have many "web page address" fields that need to be changed from e.g. http://subway.com to http://www.subway.com and also many "city" fields that need to be capitalized e.g los angeles to Los Angeles. Thanks in advance for any replies, Miner2049er. After some research, I believe I have to write a Visual Basic script to do this. Not knowing that language, does anybody know of a script that can do what I'm asking, or at l...

ms outlook
Hi , Is there a way to make the folder the message was sent to open up expand to show the actual folder the message has been filtered too? Thank you all for your help on this mater. Bye, Philip PS: That is the problem; I have a huge list of subfolders and dont necessarily want all of them open. Someone told me that they thought there was a way that you could have the proper set of folders open to display the new message but I cant seem to find anything like that. Any ideas? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post use...