Outlook 2000 can't send mail over Exchange 5.0 if OS is XP Pro

Hi,

maybe you guys heard about this problem and could give me a hint:

Windows 2000 Server (SP3) with Exchange 5.0 (SP3)
XP Pro (SP1) or Windows 2000 Pro with Outlook 2000 Clients.

I can send mails from the Windows 2000 Pro  clients, but with the "same"
setup I can't on the XP Pro clients. I get two errormails back, which say
that there is a network error. But the network is ok (can ping and get the
server shares), I even can receive mails. I assume it is a authentication
problem, but I don't know anymore where to look at. Please help.

TIA
 Alex

0
nospam_ag (1)