outlook 2000/auto name fill in won't work

When making new email messages and using contacts already
entered the auto name fill in option doesn't work.  Is
there a place to turn on this feature?  Everyone else
I've asked (and the books I've read) say this is an
automatic feature!  But not on my outlook 2000.

Any help is appreciated.  I'm tired of typing

Outlook 2000 doesn't have an auto-complete feature. It has an auto-resolve
feature. If you enter an abbreviated form of an existing Contact, Outlook
2000 will attempt to resolve it to that contact. If it underlines it green,
it means it found a match. If it underlines it red, it means there are
multiple, possible matches and you can right click the address to select one
of the other possible matches.

--
PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~
  -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)

"cjh" <carolyn@alwaysamazing.com> wrote in message
> When making new email messages and using contacts already
> entered the auto name fill in option doesn't work.  Is
> there a place to turn on this feature?  Everyone else
> I've asked (and the books I've read) say this is an
> automatic feature!  But not on my outlook 2000.
>
> Any help is appreciated.  I'm tired of typing

0
patrickareed (498)

Outlook 2003 attempting to send messages....
To Anyone: Here is a weird one. OS XP Pro SP2 / Office System Pro 2003. POP mail only. No SMTP authentication required. Everything working fine until recently when Outlook 2003 stopped sending messages and is attempting to send 1 of 2 messages when there are non in the Outbox.... Some posts say re-install Office System. Looking for alternatives. Any takers? ...

The recipient name is not recognized #3
Hi guys. Being a bit of a novice with Exchange... What would the first thing be to look at if external receipients were receiving a "The recipient name is not recognized" bounced email when sending emails to newly set up mailboxes on my system? I've set up 1000's of mailboxes in the past with no probs and this has just started happening with new users this past week. Thanks for any help in advance. Andy you login the new user or send email to the account yea? "Mailboxes will not be seen in ESM until the person logs into it for the first time, or the first message...

Change left bar and top bar names on Order screen
Ok, I guess this could be the left bar and top bar names for any screen, but I'm specifically asking about the Order screen. I have a client that wants to change "Create Invoice" at the top to "Close". They also want to change "Write-In Products" to "Write-In Rooms". Where do I change these? I don't see them as options in the customization screens, even in the N:1 and 1:N areas. On Sep 23, 2:18=A0pm, Wayne Walton <waynek...@gmail.com> wrote: > Ok, I guess this could be the left bar and top bar names for any > screen, but I'm ...

Change Names of Legend
Hello, I understand that you change the actual text that appears in the legend, not the font of it. I tried to follow the example given on this site and doesn't work. Here is the formula for one of the markers in the Chart. The formula refers to 2 markers on the chart. I would like one marker in the legend to be "plastic" and the other "hardware" =SERIES(,Sheet1!$C$2:$C$28,Sheet1!$B$2:$B$28,1) Thank you very much for your help. This is for a presentation due on Monday. -- Thank you... Elaine Normally I wouldn't reply, but since the real experts may be of...

MS CRM 3.0 and Exchange Server 2000
I have a query regarding installation of CRM E-mail Router. I have a MS CRM 3.0 installed on a Windows 2003 Server, we're using a Exchange Server 2000 on W2K Server SP4, can I install the Router on the Exchange Server 2000? check the implementaiton guide, it gives you system requirements "John Ding" wrote: > I have a query regarding installation of CRM E-mail Router. I have a MS CRM > 3.0 installed on a Windows 2003 Server, we're using a Exchange Server 2000 on > W2K Server SP4, can I install the Router on the Exchange Server 2000? > > > I have...

Disabled Person Needs Icons to work
Hi, My sister is a quadraplegic and and is running win7 64bit on a dell laptop Inspirion 1750. Her desktop icons do not work and her shot cuts do not work. She needs to work from the dektop because we need as few clicks as possible. I have tried to find the solution but I have have not. Can someone help? Do you mean that when you click, or double click, on an icon that nothing happens? Is she using a mouse or the touchpad? Can you be a little more descriptive about the problem? Has this been happening from the time you got the laptop, or installed Win 7? Or, did it ju...

Registration doesn't work
Just installed Office 2004. After filling out much information, it asks for the Product I.D. number. With the "About box" in Excel 2004 open, I very carefully copied the Product I.D number to the form (and had a second person verify). I keep getting the error message "invalid Product I.D." I've cleared the box and re-entered (again having a second party verify) with the same results. This is a legitimate copy that I purchased via mail order. In article <be362d5d.0405190410.1a215db@posting.google.com>, crabuback@aol.com (Craig Buback) wrote: > Just insta...

Contact First & Last names the wrong way around
In Outlook 2003 when creating a new contact I typed their name into the name field in the order Firstname Middlename Lastname and Outlook placed them in the correct order. I've recently upgraded to Outlook 2007 and now when I type in a name, for example John Smith Outlook takes John as the lastname and Smith as the Firstname and displays John, Smith (it's set to file as Lastname, Firstname). Options > Preferences > Contact Options > Default Fullname Order is set to Firstname Middlename Lastname (as I want it). To confuse things further I have a number of co...

Synchronise Outlook 2003

Work Order Vs Backorder
I am trying to establish an easy way for my cashiers to take special orders for items not in database. I have found helpful posts that suggest using WO's. However (if I am understanding correctly) a workorder cannot be used in combination with items currently in stock. Ex: customer buys a dog collar off the floor and wants to buy a lead that we have never carried. Can both items be placed on same transaction? I really do not want to make the customer make two separate purchases. It seems using a generic SKU on a backorder would allow me to do this. Are there any pitfalls here...

Sharing Outlook #2

Can't auto-complete e-mail addresses
Dear All, I just imported about 2000 contacts in my Outlook 2000 Address Book. Able to see them in the address book and create groups etc. But when i compose a new message and i try to enter some e-mail addresses in TO and then why do outlook do not give me suggestion to auto-complete them? I tried most of the settings. It wont work. What may be the problem? -Sameer Outlook 2000 has no such feature. Autocompletion didn't start until Outlook 2002. Versions of Outlook earlier than Outlook 2002 have a feature called auto-resolution. If you enter part of a name or a nickname then tab out o...

Outlook user profiles

Outlook 2003 cuts off lines

new email notification doesn't work?
In Outlook 2003, I have the option set for the semi-transparent notification window to pop up when I get new email, but it never does. Is there something I'm not doing right? Does it only come up in certain situations? Btw, I'm using the regular Inbox with a POP3 account. -- John Salerno Do you have rules moving your email to folders after receipt? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searchi...

Protecting a sheet (yet allowing buttons/macros to work)?
I'm new to the button/macro feature of Excel (even though I've been assigning macros to _toolbars_ for years <g>!) So, I don't even know if what I need to do can be done: Ideally, it would be nice if I could protect all the sheets or even better the workbook in one fell swoop, so that no-one could accidentally delete the buttons YET that would still allow the macros to work. I've tried everything I know and the best I seem to be able to do, yes, protects the buttons but I the macros stop working and display a ""Run-time error '1004'". T...

Sending URL in Outlook XP

Outlook Signatures #4

Grouping will not work
I have data in columns A through FG and in rows 1 to 105. I have the months as the column headings, and each Jan-November is grouped to collapse into December using the Group feature on the Data menu. When I go to collapse the view to only display the December columns, after I collapse about 3 of the groupings, excel errors out and tells me it cannot collapse any additional groups because it will have to shift objects off-sheet. How can it be that I ave over 90 unused columns and I am actually making the viewing area less yet still getting tis error. I have tried closing and re-open...

Queue: Outbound is filling up
I have and NT4 sp6a running Exch5.5 sp3. My "Outbound messages waiting for delivery" is filling up with SPAM messages heading for HOTMAIL.COM. Since my server is not an open realy, they do not get delivered, they just stack up. This Doom worm, I believe is the culprit. Is there anyway of just flat out refusing these messages? Instead of them just piling up in my queue never to be delivered? In the last day there has been over 10,000 that I have manually deleted already. I need so guidence. Thanks in advance. Chris Is the originator of the messages anything other than <...

Is this possible within Excel 2000?
Hi, I've used Excel on a get by basis for many years at work, and I'm just beginning to realise its vast capabilities, having viewed several groups which I didn't know existed previously. I subsequently would like to ask if it is possible for Excel to look at the numerical or text content of a cell on one worksheet and then look at a predefined range on another worksheet and find the equivalent cell content and then move the cursor to that cell? This has me stumped presently. Thanks in advance for any assistance. J.J. To actually move the selection, you'd need to use a litt...

Importing Outlook 2003 to Win 98 Outlook