Outlook 2000 #196

I have several computers with Outlook 2000 on them.  When
they try to exit outlook, outlook just hangs there and
will not exit.  Anyone have any suggestions on fixing
this.  Thanks
0
anonymous (74722)

Cindy <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I have several computers with Outlook 2000 on them.  When
> they try to exit outlook, outlook just hangs there and
> will not exit.  Anyone have any suggestions on fixing
> this.  Thanks

See if something here helps:
http://www.howto-outlook.com/Faq/outlookdoesntclose.htm
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Advice needed on mail-merge mailing with Excel 2003 & Outlook 2003
I need to email about 6,000 contacts of mine in a few weeks, and have the following questions: 1) My email provider allows only 100 emails to be sent per hour. As I don't want to be flagged as a spammer, is there a Outlook script or a seperate program that would allow me to do a schedule that would take the total list and send 99 emails from it every hour until it's done. 2) These will not be a "generic mass-mailing", but one that I would actually have a person name go with each seperate email. My contact information (person name & email address) is stored in an E...

Use Copied Outlook PST file as default...How?
If I copy a PST file on my PC, how can I configure my Laptop Outlook to use that copied file as its default. Is it possible to copy new Defined Views in Contacts from one computer to another. Dmahanay <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > If I copy a PST file on my PC, how can I configure my > Laptop Outlook to use that copied file as its default. Outlook version? > Is it possible to copy new Defined Views in Contacts from > one computer to another. I think views are registry items and not kept in the PST. -- Brian Tillman My outlook version is 2002. >--...

Install and set up the Microsoft Office Project Add-in for Outlook
The language used by the add-in must match the language used by Outlook. For example, if Outlook uses Japanese, the add-in must also use Japanese,and If the languages do not match, the add-in will not work. How can I download Japanese add-in for Japanese outlook for Microsoft project server 2007 that installed in Engilish? Have you tried the Project Language Pack 2007 SP1? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=d322ba67-b199-4503-8aff-6813b320d708 HTH "Bahram" <Bahram@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Outlook 2002 and Retrieving Data Error Message
OS is Windows XP SP1 Email - Outlook 2002 SP3 Error Message: Outlook is retrieving data from the Microsoft Exchange Server <server name>. You can cancel the request or minimize this message to the Windows taskbar until Outlook closes the message automatically. Other Related Issues: At times, the message displays the correct server name and sometime it does not. At times, it displays the name of an active directory server. This only happens to workstations located in an remote office connecting to the exchange server via ADSL\VPN connection. We have one exchange 2003 server - public...

how do i create a local client rule for outlook 2003
hello has anyone ever been able to create a local client rule for outlook 2003? exchange 2003? I can create the rule to send it to a PST (i dont know whether this can be done) then when i run the rule it says there is an error with the rule and it turns red. Does anyone have the steps for how to get this to work? Thanks A does the pst exist and is it in your profile? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: htt...

Problems with Access 2000 reports in Access 2003
Hi, we have a sent out a 2000 format access database to a client running Access 2003. When trying to open any of the reports they get an error - "the openreport action was cancelled" - Not sure if they get this by running the report from the database window or if it's only when done through a form (buttons that run docmd.openreport when pressed). Is anyone aware of any issues that may be causing this? I couldn't find anything elsewhere on the MS site. Thanks - Angie P.S. the reports work fine in 2000 and XP. ...

mail merge in word 2000
Been trying to link a simple 4 column excel db to do a mail merge in Word. Tried following the help instructions, and finally reached the point where I could "insert a merge field" after realizing they left out a number of steps in the instructions. However, when I do enter the mergefield, the only thing I get is "Error! No bookmark name given." There is no mention of "bookmark" in the instructions, no explanation of what a "bookmark" is in this context, and now way I can figure out what the blasted software is talking about. Anybody go...

Anyway to open a Publisher 2002 file in Publisher 2000?
I need to open this file for a project tomorrow. I have Publisher 2000, but I think the file sent to me was done in Publisher 2002 or 2003? The person who sent it to me is out of town until Thursday, so I can't have them resave it or resend it. Any ideas Thanks! In news:11BBD624-9460-465D-88EE-60230ADB1F33@microsoft.com, buck <create007@yahoo.com> posted: > I need to open this file for a project tomorrow. I have Publisher > 2000, but I think the file sent to me was done in Publisher 2002 or > 2003? The person who sent it to me is out of town until Thursday, so > I ...

Outlook 2007 add-on
Hello everybody! Wonder is there any outlook 2007 add-on that can show related email messages (even if exchanged between 2, 3 or more persons), based on the similarity of emails' contents? I know Outlook 2007 has the option to arrange columns per "conversation" but if 2 messages have same content with different subjects, they are not included in the "conversation" display.. Any ideas here? Thanks in advance! Steve Tried Xobni? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal ...

HELP- error Outlook
What's this mean and how to fix? in error dialogue box: "c:\program~1\micro~2 \office\outlook.exe" Abnormal program termination .. ...

Outlook will not send my email any more
Outlook will only receive email, it has stopped sending. initially it was having an smtp error, now it is not even attempting to send the email. On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 15:33:02 -0800, jared wrote: > Outlook will only receive email, it has stopped sending. initially it was > having an smtp error, now it is not even attempting to send the email. What version of Outlook? Do you get any error messages when you try to send? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights Hi Jeff... It is Outlook 2000 SP-3. The...

Outlook 2003 with Word 2000 Editor
Does anyone know if you can use Word 2000 with Outlood 2003 to edit messages... I couldn't find a download on the web... If you are trying to use, inside of Outlook 2003, Word 2000 as the "editor" ... not possible. Need to use the same "family" together, e.g. Word 2003 with Outlook 2003, or Word 2000 with Outlook 2000. There is nothing to download. Hope this is useful to you. Let us know. rms Brendan Shaw wrote: > Does anyone know if you can use Word 2000 with Outlood > 2003 to edit messages... > > I couldn't find a download on the web... ...

CUSTOMIZING YOUR OUTLOOK TODAY
When you change the style of Outlook Today by customizing it (to summer or winter styles for example), then go to another screen such as Messages or Calendar, and then switch back to Outlook Today the style that appears is not the style that you customized it to be. How can I get it to stay that Style? Your Caps Lock is Broken "BRENT (Please Help)" <baolsen2@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:071801c35ade$ffdc19c0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > When you change the style of Outlook Today by customizing > it (to summer or winter styles for example), then go to > another scr...

Cannot Start Outlook #2
I have just run the auomatic windows update on my local PC and now Outlook 2000 will not start. It just hangs at the splash screen. Outlook is configured to connect to Exchange. Other PCs on the same Lan which have not been updated can still connect. The updates installed were 824141, 823182, 826232, 825119, 828035, 828749. I have unistalled all of these updates and Outlook still will not start. Any ideas? Does it start if you run this command from the command line, go to Start > Run > type "outlook /safe" without the quotes but with the space before the Forward slash &...

Outlook Connector Hangs or Chugs While Sending Mail
Just started running Outlook 2007 w/ Outlook Connector. Everything (I guess) "works", but whenever I send mail, Outlook hangs anywhere from 30 secs to a few minutes. And some of the time it slows down WinXP so much that I can't do anything until the mail is sent. Have tried disabling virus scan, firewall, and Windows Search. Very annoying and frustrating! Almost ready to switch from Live Mail because of this. Brian G;111299 Wrote: > Just started running Outlook 2007 w/ Outlook Connector. Everything (I > guess) > "works", but whenever I send ...

how can I move the e-mail accounts from outlook 2002 to an other computer
how can I move the e-mail accunts from outlook 2002 to an other computer same program?? ...

Email from Outlook using SharePoint
I have been able to sync a SharePoint library to my Outlook account. i can't seem to able to attach more than one SharePoint file to an email. Is this a system limitation or am I miossing something. ...

Outlook 2002 "MAPI unable to load..."
I recently began using Outlook 2002 when I needed to synch my PDA. For the first 4-5 weeks there were no real problems. LAst week I downloaded an add-in from Microsoft's Office area: Outlood Personal Folders Backup - But now when I start Outlook I get the message: "Unable to open your defaolt e-mail folders. MAPI was unable to load the information service PSTPRX.DLL." I have done REPAIR twice and then tried UNINSTALL/INSTALL. Nothing seems to help. Any ideas would be appreciated. If it is the add-in, how do I remove it?? OL2002: Error Message: MAPI Was Unable to ...

Outlook is trying to retrieve data from the Microsoft Exchange Ser
Hi I keep getting a msg saying "Outlook is trying to retrieve data from the Microsoft Exchange" everytime i try and send a mail... the mail then gets stuck in my outbox. I still receive all email and this only happends over one particular broadband connection??? If i use dial up it works and if i go to some other broadband connection it works... any ideas? _VERITAS_ wrote: > Hi > I keep getting a msg saying "Outlook is trying to retrieve data from > the Microsoft Exchange" everytime i try and send a mail... the mail > then gets stuck in my outbox. I s...

Out of Office Assiatance issues
Hi all, One of our users (UserA) is having issues receiving an Out of Office confirmation email when he emails a particular user (UserB). For test purposes I emailed this users (UserB) and received the out of office response. The UserA is able to receive other emails and there is no mailbox size restriction in place. What else can be done to investigate and resolve this issue. Version of Outlook the user is using is Microsoft Outlook 2002 ( 10.2627.2625 ) no Service Pack. "Leon" <ap76_at_email.com> wrote in message news:eRH1U3JdEHA.1764@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi a...

printing outlook contacts
only "table style" available when printing outlook 2000 sp- 3 (9.0.0.6627) contacts, any attempt to change either "page setup" or "define styles" crashes (blue screen) ibm thinkpad t23 ...

Lost attachments after upgrading Outlook
I found a solution to a problem that must surely be plaguing others: the loss of attachments when upgrading from an earlier version of Outlook to a later version (to Outlook 2000 SP1?). I'm not sure when I lost the attachments, but based on my web sleuthing it seems like it was a result of updating from 2000 to SP1. Anyway, since I couldn't find a solution on the web easily, I'm posting this in hopes that either the page will be indexed by Google or that Microsoft will post a formal fix in its Knowledgebase. Here's the solution: find Outlook Express on your compu...

Open outlook express eml files with Office Outlook
How can I get my Microsoft Outlook e-mail software to open a Outlook Express .eml file save on a network. My objective is to be able to double click the .eml file or drag and drop it into my Microsoft Outlook application. Thank you, LS Lance <llscott@csicable.net> wrote: > How can I get my Microsoft Outlook e-mail software to > open a Outlook Express .eml file save on a network. My > objective is to be able to double click the .eml file or > drag and drop it into my Microsoft Outlook application. You have to open in with Outlook Express and then move it to Outlook fro...

emailing Outlook contact files
Help, Why am I unable to export my contacts & then attach the ..pst file in an email? I want to use my 97 Outlook contacts on my 200 Outlook on my home machine. Thanks! Export the contacts. then shut down Outlook and reopen. Then try sending the .pst file home. Also, make sure the file size is acceptable to your ISP who usually put a limit of 2-5 mbs for attachments. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Greg <greg@mrcifoundation.info> asked: | Help, | | Why am...

Outlook 2002 & MS Mail
I know this may sound a very stange request but...! I have Windows XP PC with Outlook 2002 installed (as part of the XP office software). All my other PCs on my network are NT and have Outlook 2000. I can configure all these to be corporate emails connecting to a mail server. When I try and configure Outlook 2002 it will not let me select corporate and I do not have the choice of MS Mail server. Can anybody please help... Outlook 2002 does not directly support MS Mail but there is a workaround you can use to connect to it -- you can find it here: http://www.poremsky.com/msmail_xp.htm --...