OUTLOOK 2000 #164

Please help:

Since upgrading my pc to MS Windows XP Pro running MS
Office 2000, my outlook *.pst file will not run.
When this file is opened in Outlook 2000, the program
does not respond...the pc runs at peak cpu usage and the
only way to stop this is task manager.

I need to retrieve my contacts information, any
suggestions on how I can do this??
0
anonymous (74722)

And pray tell, what did you upgrade from?  (if upgrading from Win95/98/ME,
you will need to uninstall/reinstall Office 2000.  Application files are
different between these platforms.  If you already tried this, try creating
a new Outlook profile via the mail applet in the control panel. [profile
creation applies to outlook 2000 in corporate/workgroup mode.  if in
internet mail only mode, then you can't do this easily.)

Outside of that, I am aware of one issue with outlook 2000 consuming 100%
CPU after applying Office 2000 SP3.  There is an update for Outlook 2000 on
the office update web site that should correct this.

"Jackson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Please help:
>
> Since upgrading my pc to MS Windows XP Pro running MS
> Office 2000, my outlook *.pst file will not run.
> When this file is opened in Outlook 2000, the program
> does not respond...the pc runs at peak cpu usage and the
> only way to stop this is task manager.
>
> I need to retrieve my contacts information, any
> suggestions on how I can do this??

0
neoheart (690)

Configuring Outlook 97
I can not figure out how to set up my initial Outlook account. I am running Outlook 97, and when I start to run it, I am prompted for a "Postoffice", "mailbox", and "Password". For the life of me, I can't figure out what goes in here. I currently run Outlook Express, but would rather use Outlook 97. Can anyone help? Thanks, Tim See if the information on the following page helps: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/imep.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only...

Set out of office in Outlook Express
Can someone tell me how to set 'Out of office' as auto-reply in Outlook Express? Thanks a lot! version: 2002 "Rita" wrote: > Can someone tell me how to set 'Out of office' as auto-reply in Outlook > Express? > Thanks a lot! Hope this helps.. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;267880&Product=oex >-----Original Message----- >version: 2002 > >"Rita" wrote: > >> Can someone tell me how to set 'Out of office' as auto- reply in Outlook >> Express? >> Thanks a lot! >. > ...

Outlook Problem #11
Can anyone tell me whats going on with my email. If I have outloo opened up and minimized when an email comes in sometime it wil automatically open up the email. I find when the computer goes in th powersaver mode and I start back up my last email will appear open t read when it powers up again. Thanks for any help. Stev ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Outlook Blocking attachment!
Hi, Can anyone tell me how i stop Outlook 2k blocking my incoming attachments, win2k sp4. Thanks in advance. M. You will have to modify the registry. This can be found in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 290497. I have copied the revelant information below. How to Customize Attachment Security Behavior WARNING: If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk....

EXTREMELY SLOW Outlook 2000
I'm running Outlook 2000 on WIN XP, Compaq EVOn4c Laptop. It frequentl takes between 3-8 minutes to open a message, and to do other activitie such as sending a message or creating a calendar appointment. It seem like my hard drive just spins the entire time. I do have a very large .PST file: 1,524,721 KB. I've recently archive my items older than 90 days but that does not seem to help. I've als tried 'compact now' after archiving, but the size if the .PST does no change and I still have the same slowdown problem. In fact,, it seem to be getting worse. I've also tried...

Using Outlook to access groupwise
I am trying to set up outlook to access email on a Novell Groupwise Webmail system. I am not sure what I am doing incorrectly, but I am getting the following errors: * Send test e-mail message: The specified server was found, but there was no response from the server. Please verify that the port and SSL information is correct. * Long onto incoming mail server (POP3): The specified server was found, but there was no response from the server. Please verify that the port and SSL information is correct. It seems to have found both the incoming and outgoing mail servers just fine. Wh...

Recovering my Outlook Data
Hi, I experienced a crash and had to reinstall Vista and all my applications. Fortunately I keep all my data on a separate physical drive. How can I restore my Outlook data stored in “D:\Outlook\Outlook.pst” and “D:\Oulook\Archive.pst” ? Can you also indicate how to configure Outlook to permanently point and save all data in the same location? I did this only ounce and I don’t remember how to achieve it again. Thanks, Answers are posted here daily. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup or transfer: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://www...

Exchange 2000 SP3 updates ans security patches
I have Exchange 2000 Version 6.0 (Build 6249.4: Service Pack 3) running on Windows 2000 Server SP4. What is the best way of checking for missing security patches and updates? Would it be enough if I run MBSA 2.0 and rely on it only? MBSA is not showing any patches/updates missing however the above build number seems to me a lillte old comparing to those I saw when researching the web about Exchange 2000. Does the updates not change the build number? Thank you. "mtler" <mtler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have Exchange 2000 Version 6.0 (Build 6249.4: Service Pa...

Outlook vbscript SaveFileAs Fails
I get this error when I try to use vbscript to save an attachment from an open mail.... Error: Cannot save the attachment. You don't have appropriate permission to perform this operation Code: 80070005 Source: Microsoft Office Outlook. I am running outlook11.. All service packs + updates Thanks, Rick Show a code snippet, please. FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for general Outlook programming issues "down the hall" at microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba or, via web interface, at http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.outloo...

Lost my Newsreader in Outlook 2003
Installed Outlook 2003; everything went fine. Added the newsreader to the standard toolbar...ie. Go>>News by clicking on the toolbars ...customize...go...news. this went fine. Shutdown my computer..brought it home. Opened up outlook NO newsreader !! And it's nowwhere to be found on the customize..commands menu. !!! I tried detect/ and repair. I tried resetting all toolbars. Nothing works. Before I completely remove Office 2003 and reinstall I hope someone might have a solution. Regards, Adam Close Outlook - find and rename outcmd.dat to .old. Reopen Outlook. --� Milly Stapl...

outlook #58
cant get outlook spell checker to work. have microsoft work word processor installed and working Are you using Outlook or Outlook Express? "marc" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:088501c3ae8f$9b2140f0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > cant get outlook spell checker to work. have microsoft > work word processor installed and working outlook express... thanks >-----Original Message----- >Are you using Outlook or Outlook Express? > >"marc" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message >news:088501c3ae8f$9b2140f0$...

Outlook express cannot load Hotmail account
After installing Office Outlook 2003, my outlook express account now cannot load my Hotmail account. My hotmail account is beingloaded through Office Outlook, but cannot load thru express. Is the problem with which program is the default? Ben Roode <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > After installing Office Outlook 2003, my outlook express > account now cannot load my Hotmail account. My hotmail > account is beingloaded through Office Outlook, but cannot > load thru express. Is the problem with which program is > the default? Ask in an Outlook Express new...

Outlook 2002 error message #4
Trying to delete an old email, when I try to delete it , I get "unknown error". I cannot move it or do anything with it. Is there a fix for this? ...

Office 2000, Outlook 2007 and Vista????
I am running Vista and have Office 2000 apps, except Outlook, running fine. I don't feel like switching whole hog but might be interested in getting Outlook 2007 since Outlook 2000 will not run on Vista. If I get Outlook 2007 will it install properly on this machine? -- Roger Sipson It will install. You won't have all the features unless you install the full office suite. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outl...

OWA 2000 Log off Problems
OWA 2000 is working fine except when you hit the log off button, I get a Server Application Error. Now, I've searched and found about this article: 318239 XCCC: "HTTP 500" Error message occurs when you log off or you use OWA However it seems to be old and no longer available on Microsoft's site. Does anyone have this or know how to fix the problem? Hi, What you will have to do is open IIS Manager navigate to & right click properties on Exchweb\bin, in the virtual directory tab select create then click Ok. Regards -- Ben Hoffman MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exc...

I have a problem with opening outlook and deleting email
I was doing a system restore when the power went out. When i restarted the somputer it took alot of time to get it to start. Once i fixed that i had to re-install alot of programs and updates. After this whenever i open Outlook i gat a message that the dynmic link GETIUMS@4 can not be located in the dynamic link library MSDART.DLL. I have triued some of the fixe on this website but they are not working. I tried to re-install MDAC 8.1 i think and i was told that is wrong version for my computer so i got the evaluator tool from Microsoft it said that i have MDAC 2.7 SP!. I am frustrated w...

Outlook Express #80
Automatically starts Outlook when I turn on my computer. How can I stop this? "Shirley Wine" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3f0501c3b113$37e90960$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Automatically starts Outlook when I turn on my computer. > How can I stop this? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program despite the similar name. For help with your OE questions, try an OE newsgroup such as microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress (fo...

Outlook client and switches
Is there a way to disable the CRM client part in outlook with an outlook /switch? I tried outlook.exe /noextensions, but that didn't work. Only /safe prevents CRM to fire up... Sorry, even in safe mode the CRM outlook client comes up after a while... "Nikolas" wrote: > Is there a way to disable the CRM client part in outlook with an outlook > /switch? > > I tried outlook.exe /noextensions, but that didn't work. Only /safe prevents > CRM to fire up... > > I'm guessing you are trying to troubleshoot an outlook problem on a computer with C...

Outlook Tutorials
I need to help a remote colleague set up a second Outlook account on his computer. I use another email client and I have searched for help and found many tutorials but I cannot find a tutorial that covers multiple accounts. Is there such a thing? Thanks, Robin Chapple Dear Robin, what Outlook version? For a Tutorial in Outlook 2003 for an email/addditional email account maybe this could be helpfull: https://www3.imperial.ac.uk/portal/page?_pageid=35,65775&_dad=portallive&_schema=PORTALLIVE If you have another Outlook version have a look on this site to select your Outlook ver...

Outlook 2002 has stopped deleting messages
from my pop3 server. I have selected the following: Internet E-mail Settings>Advanced>Delivery *Leave a copy of messages on the server *Remove from the server when deleted from 'Deleted Items' What could the problem be? I have an accout with my university. They (I don't know how) are tagging certain e-mails sent to me as "Potential Spam" and that's great for me because it usually is spam. I set up filters to send this and other related crap to the deleted folder. When I first set this up it seemed to wokd like a charm, but now it doesn't at all. Advic...

Outlook Connector Issues
I can't get my hotmail account to sync with outlook anymore. The last time they synced was 1/8/10 and I can' find a solution. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. ajbass427;114261 Wrote: > I can't get my hotmail account to sync with outlook anymore. The last > time > they synced was 1/8/10 and I can' find a solution. Any help would be > appreciated. Thanks. Try deleting the account, stopping and restarting Outlook, and readding the account. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] http://forums.slipstick.com ...

Outlook 2003 Stopped Receiving Exchange Email (Synchronization Issue Likely)
First, "I didn't change anything" (at least nothing that I am aware of). This was working well last week. Second, our Exchange server and Outlook 2003 is working for everyone else in our office. From this I deduce that my client must somehow be the problem. Third, in the Outlook 2003 client, I _can_ send and receive POP3 messages via EarthLink. I _can_ send and receive Hotmail messages. I _can_ even send messages via Exchange. But messages that I _can_ see in OWA suddenly stopped being downloaded to my Outlook 2003 on 7/31/2005. : ( Facts: 1. When I initially start Outlook 20...

Outlook 2003
They don't show in "sent items" under "to" and they don't show in the body of the email when forwarded. In fact, the "To:" line disappears altogether for that person. This has only happened with one addressee (so far) and happens every time an email is sent to them, even when typing the address each time. The person is not listed as a contact so the problem isn't there. Any ideas why? ...

Quicksell 2000 Runtime Error 400/402
Client running Quicksell 2000 POS (yes, we still have customers using this POS) on WinXP SP3 machine, receiving (occasional) runtime error 400 or 402 when tendering a sale. Receipt does not print, and need to end task on the application. We have a large number of customers still using this POS, and this error has not occured elsewhere...hence my post here desperately seeking help. Runtime error 400: Form already displayed, can't show modally OR Runtime error 402: Must close or hide topmost modal from first Have tried installing older VB 6 Com Controls, but error still occurs. The caus...

Outlook Mobile Access Error
Hi, I have a problem with Outlook Mobile Access. I've a Win2k Server with exchange 2003. I've configured the OWA with SSL and web based form for=20 login. OWA is right! OMA don't let me get in!! FIRST it gave me this error=A3Unable to connect to your=20 mailbox!" I've solved this problem with the following link in=20 microsoft site: Microsoft Knowledge Base - 817379 Cannot Access Exchange Server 2003 by Using Outlook Mobile=20 Access When the Exchange Virtual Directory Requires SSL or Uses Forms- Based Authentication http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx? kbid=3D817379...