This post is made to help others solve this issue, based on my
experience.

Symptom:
- Outlook works perfectly well when Norton Anti-Virus e-mail
protection is disabled
- Outlook cannot retrieve incoming messages when NAV e-mail protection
is enabled, message being: pop3 server not found, error 0x800ccc0d

This symptom, and possible solutions, are exactly the object of
Symantec support note:
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/docid/2000020716064206

Please read this note first ! The object of this post is to add
another possible solution to this problem.

NAV email protection sets up a proxy server. For that, it need to add
this line of text to the file "hosts" in Windows system directory:

127.0.0.1 pop3.norton.antivirus 	# Added by Norton AntiVirus for
e-Mail scanning

However, adding this line to "hosts" obviously REQUIRES THE FILE
"hosts" NOT BE WRITE-PROTECTED (ie, not be read-only).

If the file "hosts" is read-only, the required text cannot be added to
"hosts", the proxy server will not be setup, and NAV e-mail protection
will cause Outlook not to retrieve e-mails.

Under NT4, the file "hosts" is in c:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc , a
Find will reveal its location on your own system.

Finding and changing the attribute (read-only etc...) of "hosts" can
be done from NT Explorer or whatever you use to explore your files.

Hope this helps.
0
nsa (1)

CRM address book in Outlook

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

password protection paramenters
Hello, I want to be able to unprotect my sheet, add a wordart graphi and reprotect my sheet. The problem I am having is when I do this wit code the file is protected with the default parameters selected. I wan to be able to enable wordart so I can insert a wordart object and the protect the sheet again. I want to get around the user being able to just delect the added wor art. When protected I would like the following parameters to be set: Allow users to select locked cells select Unlocked cells format cells format rows Its the "edit objects" parameter that needs to be enabled fo...

cannot open hyper links in outlook

outlook 97 and express email problems

Error 550 Relaying denied

CSV Files and VLOOKUP error