Outlood 2007

Boy, do I need help.
I''m a novice with a lot of email experience; but this program is throwing
me for a loop:

It will not allow me to delete an email message out of my inbox.

It will not allow me to save a new contact.

I can't even delete a calendar reminder.

Can you help me?

Coachvan1@cox.net

"coachvan1@cox.net" <coachvan1@cox.net@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:F9D09235-B706-463F-8E51-E22AEE731921@microsoft.com...
> Boy, do I need help.
> I''m a novice with a lot of email experience; but this program is throwing
> me for a loop:
>
> It will not allow me to delete an email message out of my inbox.
>
> It will not allow me to save a new contact.
>
> I can't even delete a calendar reminder.
>
> Can you help me?

Are you a novice, or do you have a lot of email experience?

1.  Highlight message in inbox, use delete key.

2.  Open message, right-click on "From", save contact.

3.  Dismiss reminder.

0
John
3/12/2010 10:45:54 PM
"coachvan1@cox.net" <coachvan1@cox.net@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:F9D09235-B706-463F-8E51-E22AEE731921@microsoft.com...

> Boy, do I need help.
> I''m a novice with a lot of email experience; but this program is throwing
> me for a loop:
>
> It will not allow me to delete an email message out of my inbox.
>
> It will not allow me to save a new contact.
>
> I can't even delete a calendar reminder.
>
> Can you help me?

Define "will not allow."  Describe EXACTLY what happens when you try.

BTW, never post your mail address in a public forum like this newsgroup.
You're asking for trouble if you do.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian

CRM & Office 2007
Hello I was wondering if there is any way to synchronize CRM and Office 2007 programs, more specifically Office Accounting 2007. I read something about a rollup 2 for CRM, but I am not sure if that is what I need. If it IS what I need, could you provide the link to the download site please? Thanks, S.R. Hi SR, There is nothing regarding office accounting 2007 sycronization in Rollup 2. And I dont think there is any built in sycronization tool from Microsoft for this purpose. There may be some addons from third parties like one of them is: http://gurangosoft.com/default.aspx Or you may ...

chart "sized with window" in office 2007
Hey for every chart i ever created I set the sized with window option. Hate have pointless grey borders above and below my chart... think this is real popular. Where has this feature gone in the dreaded Ribbon?????? HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE You can't set a chart in 2007 to be sized with window. It has been removed from Excel. Yeah, I m...

Excel 2007
I am using Office 2007 Beta 2 version and I am having problems with Excel. I am unable to copy a sheet with a chart in it. Below is the procedure: 1. Create new book 2. right-click sheet 1 tab 3. Insert , then insert a chart 4. right-click chart 1 tab 5. choose move or copy... 6. copy chart 1 to the end of this work book. I cannot create a copy of the chart. Is this considered a bug in Excel 2007? If it is, do you know any links to sites that I may use as references? Thank you! Lots of bugs in Beta 2 especially with charts, I'm told If its any consolation, I cannot copy a chart ...

Outlook 2003, Word 2007 email editor
Is it possible to use Word 2007 and the email editor in Outlook 2003? I don't think it is, however there may be a download that someone knows about. Thanls, Steve no. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging ...

Outlook 2007
First problem: When entering a search into the search box on my Outlook email screen, no items are found. This happens no matter how positive I am I entered the search correctly and that an email exists. Second problem: When in MS Word 2007 (and I'll post this in the Word forum as well), when I go to File / Send To / Mail recipient, nothing happens. Any ideas to help solve these annoying problems? Never mind about my second problem. I got it figured out .... it's Word Perfect I'm having a problem with, not Word ! "Jan" <jan@greenwaldlaw.org> wrote in m...

Office 2007 Suite
I purchased Office 2007 suite through my compnay home use program. I purchased a download and a disk to be sent to my home. All this, of course, is for my home use. I have two desk tops and one lap top at home. Out of the two things I purchased I received one key number. Can I load what I purchased on all three machines and be able to have them activated? Thanks. Nope, ONE machine is all the Home Use program provides for. Penny wrote: > I purchased Office 2007 suite through my compnay home use program. I > purchased a download and a disk to be sent to my home. A...

Type mismatch in 2007 but not in 2003 version
I have the following code in a vba code attached to a form: Dim rst As Recordset Dim dbs As Database Dim whatif As String Set dbs = CurrentDb whatif = "select * from PersonalDNC where HomePhone = '" & ThisPhone & "'" Set rst = dbs.OpenRecordset(whatif) When I run this 2003 mdb in access 2007 this works. When I convert this to a 2007 database and then run it, I get a "Type Mismatch" error. would I need to put [ ] around HomePhone. PersonalDNC is a linked table that points to a 2003 mdb. Would I need to conve...

accessing shared calendar in outlook 2007
Person A has shared his calendar with person B(with B as an editor) so that B can accept meeting requests, change location/time for a meeting which will be attended by A. Person B could do that on his computer and view A's calendar, make changes using Outlook 2007. Person B got a new computer so outlook 2007 was configured on the new machine so that B could access his emails, calendars and contacts as well as A's calendar. On the new computer B can view his calendar, emails, but cannot access(view) A's calendar which he was able to do on his old computer. A is out of town ...

Exchange 2007 Resource Mailboxes
Hi, I have setup Exchange 2007 Resource Mailboxes as I have a number of meeting rooms that all users should be able to book. I have since found that if user a) books a meeting and user b) attempts to delete it - he/she can. I don't seem to be able to prevent them, and would appreciate some help. Regards Nick ...

Outlook 2007 PST Format for IMAP
In outlook 2003 you could not use the new Unicode format for .PST files - and were stuck with the (97-2002) format file. Has this changed in outlook 2007? Thanks! EA EastAsia <Private@AsiaWorld.com> wrote: > In outlook 2003 you could not use the new Unicode format for .PST > files - and were stuck with the (97-2002) format file. Has this > changed in outlook 2007? I believe I read that it has. -- Brian Tillman ...

HELP! Viewing/opening messages crashes Outlook 2007
I have Outlook 2007 running on a new Dell Dimension 9200 PC with Windows Vista Ultimate. It was all working fine for past two weeks when I closed down my PC last night, and I had not installed any new software or updates since. I now find I can forward or reply to messages OK, but if I try to just read them them in the reading pane, Outlook immediately says it has stopped working and restarts. It then opens without the reading pane enabled, but if I double-click a message to read it (without the reading pane enabled), it again crashes and restarts. I have spent all morning on the phone...

Toolbar Transition Word 2003 to 2007
Dear All, I'm sure this has been dealt with far too often here. I'm finding lots of bits and pieces of information all over the web on the topic, but I'd like to "ask the experts" for advice on best places to start -- and inquire about one thing I have observered so far. We're moving to Office 2007 and I'm charged with managing the transition of our macros -- not that many, but a few and worth preserving -- to the new environment. In Word 2003, we have about a half dozen toolbars, each with between 4 and 8 macros. I'm looking for the sle...

Excel 2007 Macro: Open a file from any folder
Hello. How do you code a macro so that you can pop up a file dialog screen to open a worksheet from any folder of your choice? Thanks in advance. Same as always: Dim myName As String myName = Application.GetOpenFilename If myName = False Then MsgBox "You pressed cancel" Exit Sub End If Workbooks.Open myName HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "C C" <someone@atsbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:eS8FI0UeIHA.3940@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello. How do you code a macro so that you can pop up a file dialog screen to open a worksheet > from any folder of y...

How to disable " Do you want to merge changes..." in Outlook 2007
HI, how can this be turn off. Under Outlook-XP to turn it off it was an option "add properties to attachments to enable reply with changes" But under OL2007 it's not there. Hi also tried this options, but still not success HCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\Options\Mail\AdHocReviewBehavior So how to turn it off? Mario Savard Statistics Canada Did you check tools, trust center, attachment handling for the option that controls it? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Cent...

print only range that contain information in excel 2007
i have a large worksheet to cover a large number of possible inserted entries, all cells show blank until entries are copied and pasted in the worksheet. The amount of entries vary. Is there a way to set the workseet to print only the range of cells with information in them ...

In Excel 2007, the open file window does not display the folders p
When I'm in excel 2007 and I want to open a new file, the folders pane is gone. I used to have it and I even added folders that I used most frequently but now it's gone. I know the IT deparment did an upgrade but others still have it and I'm the only one that got affected. Please help, now I have to navigate to get the the files that I need. ...

how can I insert text file's text into my email in outlook 2007
I used to use outlook express. There is a lovely function to insert text file's text into my currently writing email. How can I do that in my outlook 2007 ? Time before, I first create a text file, say 'payment method.txt', then type in all my standard payment method information to my customer. When I was replying an email with my standard text, I simply use the "insert - text file" function, instead of openning the 'payment method.txt', copy and paste to my email. Can I do that similar in outlook 2007 ? Thank you very much Henry Fung wrote: > I used t...

DPM 2007, protection report shows 57% and 37% long term-not accura
i'm puzzled by the protection reports we've been getting.. they used to say 110% or 100% etc for percentage avalable.. Now its more like 57 short term and 37 long term, but this makes no sense, because when i look at the protection group status, all the points are green and up to date.. and when the tape runs, there are no errors and it succeeds with 4 tapes consumed (800GBx4).. our size of data is roughly 2500GB.. Any ideas why it would report this? I need an accurate report for quality assurance iso type details, otherwise i have to explain the report itself is u...

Can I import old email from Eudora to MS Outlook 2007?
Is there a way to import my old email from eudora into outlook 2007? ...

2007 Tries to update closed accountq
Ok i have a closed account at my bank and microsoft money 2007 keeps trying to update it when I do my online updates. Its not a big deal and causes not errors to pop up but it is kind of annoying. I do have open accounts at that bank as well In microsoft.public.money, z3razerviper wrote: >Ok i have a closed account at my bank and microsoft money 2007 keeps >trying to update it when I do my online updates. Its not a big deal and >causes not errors to pop up but it is kind of annoying. It is. On the Account List, select SortAccountListBy->HideClosedAccounts You can customize rep...

Fax reports from Access 2007
Hi, Is there a simple way to send a report to a fax server in Access 2007 running on Windows Vista? Regards, Edwin ...

Did Publisher 2007 get left behind?
Did Publisher 2007 somehow escape the Office 2007 redesign that was done to Word, Excel, etc. I don't see the ribbon and it doesn't appear to be using the .pubx filetype. Publisher is Office's black sheep... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Lurfys Maw" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message news:haql44p59ts3k3j7b9rd2nkldnliqrk9qd@4ax.com... > Did Publisher 2007 somehow escape the Office 2007 redesign that was > done to Word, Excel, etc. I don't see the ribbon and it doesn'...

Multiple Accounts in Outlook 2007
I know I can set up multiple accounts in Outlook 2007 - I've done it. By multiple accounts I mean I get and send mail from/to different mail servers (not exchange - generally pop servers) where each has it's own inbound/outbound servers. My problem is that I create the first one and the folder structure is setup with this structure myfirstmailserver folder inbox trash otherfolders If I add another mail server it uses an inbox or let's me create a folder to use for an inbox under myfirstmailserve rfolder and I want to start a new hierarchy as this. myfirstmailserver fold...

Reading Outlook 2003 pst file in Outlook 2007
My computer recently died and has been replaced with a new one running Win 7 / Outlook 2007. Is there a way I can read my old Outlook 2003 emails without importing them into my current email folders? I don't want to clutter up my current inbox with old emails, but I still need access to them. I would like to import my contacts, however. Sure. Use file, open, outlook data file. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-r...

Project Manager 2007 queries
I am considering purchasing Proect Manager for my my Planner, we are a small office who a familiar with the basics but have a few queries which are a little more detailed, I hope someone may able to advise on:- 1. Reporting - What are the options for importing and exporting documents and the number of format types, are they clear and easy to learn and use ? 2. Graphs - Is graphical data readily available, are there differing options of graphs and are the tools for producing them clear and easy to use ? 3. Sand pits - Are there areas where 'offline' working is availabl...