Outloo 2003 pst files

I upgraded office xp with office 2003 beta....on Nov 30th
when beta expired i went back to using office xp..all
works apart from i am unable to access the pst files i
created when i was using outloo 2003...any advice on how i
can access these files??

pls reply to my email: tahir_uk@yahoo.com

Thanks
0
anonymous (74722)

Check out
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2003.htm#betaexp

--
PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~
  -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)

"Tahir" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I upgraded office xp with office 2003 beta....on Nov 30th
> when beta expired i went back to using office xp..all
> works apart from i am unable to access the pst files i
> created when i was using outloo 2003...any advice on how i
> can access these files??
>
> pls reply to my email: tahir_uk@yahoo.com
>
> Thanks

0
patrickareed (498)
12/12/2003 2:50:49 PM
It's a different file format. Yu need to access it with Outlook 2003 and
export to a compatible format.
refer here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;830336&Product=out2003

"Tahir" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I upgraded office xp with office 2003 beta....on Nov 30th
> when beta expired i went back to using office xp..all
> works apart from i am unable to access the pst files i
> created when i was using outloo 2003...any advice on how i
> can access these files??
>
> pls reply to my email: tahir_uk@yahoo.com
>
> Thanks

0
BillR1 (7)
12/12/2003 2:51:18 PM
Bill R [MVP] <BillR@MVPS.org> wrote:

> It's a different file format. Yu need to access it with Outlook 2003
> and export to a compatible format.

Except that ther doesn't seem to be any way to export it to a compatible
format.  The method that I've seen that works is to create a legacy-style
PST and copy or move all the entries to it and then open that file in the
older Outlook.  I don't see any export there or in the article that you
site.  The word "export" simply does not appear.
--
Brian Tillman
Smiths Aerospace

Tillman (1436)

Auto convert PST/POP to Exchange 2003 mailboxes?
We are about to convert our users from PST files (POP3) to Exchange 2003 mailboxes. As there are several hundred of users, this would be way too heavy to do them all manually one by one. Is there a tool to do this automatically (covert from PST/POP3 to Exchange 2003 mailboxes)? We will upgrade the users Office 2000/XP to Office 2003. TIA Linda On Mon, 30 May 2005 13:50:24 +0200, Linda Lindsez <spamblooocker@hotmail.com> wrote: >We are about to convert our users from PST files (POP3) to Exchange >2003 mailboxes. As there are several hundred of users, this would be >way to...

Printers On SBS 2003
I have 10 network printers on an SBS 2003 net. In learning this install, I discovered they all have static IP reservations. They are accessed by a mix of Win 7, XP and Vista workstations. I am getting ready to move them to a new server. Is it really necessary to use static IP's for shared network printers? Thanks in advance. Necessary? Well HIGHLY Recommended that you have a static IP if you ever have to access them from an IP do IP printing etc et. So Yes, not just for YOU but for anyone who else is going to work on your systems Get the Label Printer out and put t...

corrupt OTM file/project
hi I have rpeivously posted her asking about how to recover the code from an OTM file that won't start in Outlook VB editor. To be honest I am activelly looking for a solution since there was a lot of code in it, and without any notice, the VB editor stopped working.� Currently I am very disappointed at MS because of their lack of support for this kind of problem. We, in our company, are seriouslly reconsidering our investment in MS products that we had palnned for the near future and honestly I do not know what to think or expect. Does anyone know a way to repair or retrieve cod...

Conditional Opening of Excel file
Hi, I have a complex workbook that relies on various SUMIF's from othe reference workbooks. If these aren't open, then obviously the formula don't work. As it's for someone else; I want a piece of VB so that when they *open the main workbook, it checks to see if the ref file is open, and i not, it automatically opens it for them. A bit like this sub worksheetopen '(Not sure where this should go in parent book) if workbook("Referencefile.xls") is NOT open then workbook("referencefile.xls").open endif endsub Any ideas folks?:confused -- Message p...

Excel 2003
Whenever a colleague updates a spreadsheet I've created it comes back 10MBytes large whereas it was originally only 50KBytes. It looks to me as if the colleague accidentally adds tens or hundreds of thousands of empty rows. How can I delete all rows below a certain row. Delete does not work. Copying the real rows into a new worksheet loses the formatting. When I apply the formatting from the big spreadsheet (paste formatting) I end up with hundreds of thousands of rows again :-( Any suggestions? Tom Selecting all the rows below your actual data. Right-click, delete cells. (this is...

Receiving Blank Emails from Outlook 2003 User
Hi! One of my users is sending a blank email to everyone that sends her an email. I have no idea how this is happening. But I send her an email and get a blank one from her. Any clues? She uses Outlook 2003 with the latest patches. PMD Is Out of Office turned on? Pascal Dorion wrote: > Hi! > > > One of my users is sending a blank email to everyone that sends her an > email. I have no idea how this is happening. But I send her an email and get > a blank one from her. > > Any clues? > > She uses Outlook 2003 with the latest patches. > > > P...

How do I assign a shortcut key to an existing macro in Excel 2003.
ntahall, Alt+F8 to bring up the choose macro box, select your macro, options, assign a shortcut from there -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2000 & 2003 ** remove news from my email address to reply by email ** "ntahall" <ntahall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21B6102C-4B88-4131-A9AC-C48879896A17@microsoft.com... > ...

Exchange 2003 System Manager Server Modified Date Meaning
Hi, I am looking for some info on the Exchange 2003 system manager server property page. It shows in the right hand colum all the servers and service packs and the furthest right says "modified date" Could some one please eleborate on what this actually means? Thanks On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 06:20:28 -0800, Darrel <Darrel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I am looking for some info on the Exchange 2003 system manager server >property page. It shows in the right hand colum all the servers and service >packs and the furthest right says "modified d...

Outlok 2003 Word Attachments are Read Only and in 2 page view
I have a client with Outlook 2003 and when he receives an email with a word doc attached and attempts to open it (rather than save it 1st) it opens in Word as read only and shows as a split screen (2 page book view). if he saves it to the drive 1st he can remove the read only attribute and then Word opens it normally. Any Ideas? Not sure why the view is different. My OT advice - always save attachments you want to edit, and then open them. Otherwise you're using a temp copy of the file & may lose changes. Marc Seidler wrote: > I have a client with Outlook 2003 and when he recei...

pst backup/mirror options?
Hey all, We have a rather unique set up... Individual pc's with outlook running on them (mostly 2003) NOT connected to a domain but they are connected to a server, which the majority of users use as a file share. The server gets backed up every night, but the individual machines do not. Due to people saving on the network, the only things which really require backup are 'e-mails' i.e. outlook.pst. The most logical option is to store the pst's directly on the server and then back them up like that. However, in the even of server failure / downtime / pc needing to be out of t...

Open XML File Converter
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Any word on an update to this converter that resolves the "There is not enough memory or disk space to convert this document" bug on SL? I've seen it reported elsewhere so I'm assuming it's a known issue, but can't find any relevant info here. Thanks. On 11/2/09 2:33 PM, in article 59b7fd3a.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "elliotcolbert@officeformac.com" <elliotcolbert@officeformac.com> wrote: > Any word on an update to this converter that resolves the "There is not e...

Finding Contacts in Outlook 2003
I have a client whom I recently switched from Outlook Express to Outlook 2003. In Outlook Express he was able to create a new e-mail message and search the address book for recipients based on e-mail addresses or portions thereof instead of by name. In Outlook 2003 he cannot duplicate this type of search. I have tested this behavior in Outlook 2002 and I, too, cannot find and add contacts to an e-mail message by anything other than name. Is it possible to duplicate the find behavior of Outlook Express in Outlook 2003 or is there a work-around that will do so? Bob N. it works for me an...

Outlook 2003 / Microsoft Office Connector / "locked" email address
Upon initiating Outlook 2003 for the first time, the Microsoft Office Connector box pops up. Now because the first time I entered the email address, I was not thinking and put the wrong "recognized" emial address in the box. Now I am unable to insert the correct sign-in email address. It is "grayed" out and I can't seem to change it, thus is not a recognized no matter what I do. This has totally shut me down on using Outlook 2003. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times now with the same results. Please. I am desperate. Thank you. -- Musoswish Control...

Cannot delete mailbox/email account from Outlook 2003
Hello All - I'm a systems admin at a company that use exchange server. Someone added a mailbox to an e-mail account, and it appears as a second mailbox in the folder list. The only problem is, I can't delete it. If I right click the mail account, select "close mailbox...", I receive the error that the mailbox is associated with an account, and to remove it I need to go to Tools, E-mail accounts, view or change, blah blah blah. If I go to that route, I can delete the Microsoft Exchange Server account that exists. However, in the "Deliver new e-mail to the following loca...

Publisher 2003 #5
I just installed Publisher 2003 and it put on the Microsoft Office Tools. I open Publisher and try to use the "Send To" command to Microsoft Office and I get a message that either Excel, Word .. etc. needs to be loaded. I use Microsoft Office XP Pro. All these are installed. I have re-tried installing the program but can't get it to load. Any ideas ??? ...

Font size changes in Excel 2003 charts when re-opened
For certain charts that I create within Excel 2003 (usually bar charts), I use a font size of 8 (eg for data labels, axis labels, and scale). If I close the file and then re-open it, all these fonts will have become size one (title and legend are not effected). Oddly, if I have created a bar chart and made several copies of it within a worksheet, it will only be the original and not the copies that are affected by this. If anyone can shed any light on why this may be happening and how it could be fixed, I would really appreciate it. Lucie ...

Get the file path from Textbox
hello i want to get the path of file from textbox and then attach it to already opened window(it would be a Plugin)i am unable to get is it possible i give file path in Textbox and on clicking a button on form say "Attach it",it attacch file on mail window? thanks -adnan -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com ...

Outlook 2003 not closing #2
When I'm done reading and sending mail I close Outlook (It's version 2003, running under Windows XP) using the 'Close' button. After going through a day of opening, checking and answering mail and then closing when done, I've noticed that Task Manager shows multiple copies of OUTLOOK.EXE running. None of them seem to be taking CPU resources, but they do have memory assigned. During the day, I don't notice any error messages. Everything seems to be working fine. There are no clues to indicate that something hasn't closed until I try to re-boot the PC. Th...

excel 2000 convert to excel 2003
Hi I would like to move current excell 2000 spread sheets and open them in 2003 excel. Please help in any way. I have copied my excell 2000 data onto a floppy however it will not open in Excel 2003 XL2000 and XL2003 share exactly the same file format and so should open just fine in either. However, you should never open XL files on floppies - XL uses temporary files, which may exceed the capacity of the floppy. Instead, copy the file from the floppy to your HD before opening. In article <72864281-728A-4B27-8317-A760E6440BB2@microsoft.com>, cityof <cityof@discussions.microsoft...

Importing messages from Outlook 2003 into 2000?
I have Outlook 2003 on my computer at work and Outlook 2000 on my computer at home. I would like to move some messages from my work to my home machine. Unfortunately, Outlook 2000 doesn't seem able to understand the .pst files generated by Outlook 2003. Is there any way around this? Colin Make sure you create and copy items into a legacy (Outlook 97 - 2002) pst file. See File | New | Outlook Data file. Pick the Outlook 97 - 2002 type. Copy items form mailbox to this new pst. Close it when done (right click on personal folders and select close/disconnect.) "Colin Caulkins&...

Can an Excel file be converted into Visio?
Does anyone know if this is even possible? Is there a converter pack or a website that would illustrate this process? Thanks, Jim ...

Access 2003
My question is in 2 parts and concerns a new business contacts database and the questions are: - Question 1 I want to be able to attach Word documenst (letters) and pdf's to each contact so I have a full archive history showing my activity against each contact i.e. when I access each contact a would like to have a full archive of all of the contact I have had with each contact and be able to see the letters I've drafted and sent. Question 2 I want to give this new contact list to my team and assign them each a unique tag so I can tell who has last accessed the record. Am no...

File Conversion
I use Money to run my small leasing company. My accountant does my company's financial reports and tax returns. He likes to use Quick Books and doesn't know anything about Money. He wants me to convert to Quick Books. Can I convert my Money file to Quicken which he then might be able to open in Quick Books? Greg Quicken does not convert Money files........ You can use the export/import features. Bob "Greg Robinson" <grobinson@custommaterials.com> wrote in message news:00fb01c35e9e$9dcbf8e0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I use Money to run my small leasing compan...

Saving A File Name Of A Cell
I am currently running Excel 2003. I have 2 questions that I reall hope someone could help with. Actually it is a 2 part question, dealing for me with the same area. What I am looking to do is create a button which I understand how t do, but what I would want this button to do is first look at a specifi cell to get a name. Once it has the name, save the file off under thi name. So let's say I have cell A1 and the value is "RadicalROM" eventhough my current file name is "Testing" it would do a save a "RadicalROM". Ok that is the first part. The second pa...

File Corruption?
I got a Microsoft Money 2005 "internal error" message, which shuts down the program every time I tried to generate the "Tax-related transaction" report and started shutting down when I accessed "Help" (program, including "help" and other reports had been working fine). MS support said it was a program file problem and to reinstall or upgrade to Money 2006 (at my suggestion as I was considering it anyway). I upgraded to 2006 nd continue to experience the same problem with the tax-related transaction and other reports. MS support now says that it ...