outllook 2003 icon problem

I upgraded from outlook 2000 to outlook 2003.  My Desktop Icon is the old
2000 icon however all other icons are the new 2003 icon.  How can I change
my desktop to be the new icon?

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 22:05:36 -0800, "Andre Monostori"
<techguy@dslextreme.com> wrote:

>I upgraded from outlook 2000 to outlook 2003.  My Desktop Icon is the old
>2000 icon however all other icons are the new 2003 icon.  How can I change
>my desktop to be the new icon?

Have you tried deleting it and creating a new one?
--
<<<SgtRich>>>

Email Client: Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
News Client (Text): Fort� Agent 2.0   www.forteinc.com
News Client (Binaries): News Rover 10.1   www.newsrover.com

Use Detect and Repair in any Office 2003 program and elect the option to
recreate your shortcuts.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head-scratching, Andre Monostori asked this group:

| I upgraded from outlook 2000 to outlook 2003.  My Desktop Icon is the
| old 2000 icon however all other icons are the new 2003 icon.  How can
| I change my desktop to be the new icon?

0
MillyS (3228)

problem with index formula
The following fomula is contained in cell C16 and returns the correct values: =VLOOKUP(B6,'Active Clients'!$B$2:$K$954,10,FALSE) The following formula is contained in cell L18 and uses the result in C16 as a lookup value in the first "match": =INDEX(L21:M44,MATCH(C16,L21:L44,1),MATCH(M16,L21:M21,-1)) My promlem is that when I try to match on cell C16 my index formula returns an error. However, when I change the index formula to reference another cell (let's say cell D16) and I type in the value shown in cell C16, the index formula works fine. I think my problem has ...

Toggle between workbooks 2003
I have lost the option of toggling between multiple workbooks from the Windows Taskbar. The box is checked under tools, options, views, Windows in task bar. Using XP and Excel 2003. Maybe right click on the 'Start' button > Properties > 'Task Bar' tab > un-check 'Group similar buttons...' > OK Micky "Cindy" wrote: > I have lost the option of toggling between multiple workbooks from the > Windows Taskbar. The box is checked under tools, options, views, Windows in > task bar. Using XP and Excel 2003. ...

MS Outlook Installation Problem
I have installed MS Outlook from my Office 2003 CD. When i open the program up, I cannot get to the Calender. I go to the VIEW menu and I still cannot get to the Calender. i want to use Outlook vive Outlook Express on my home computer. Any suggestions of what i may be doing wrong that wil allow me to see the calender?? Outlook 2003 and Outlook Express are two different programs. Only = Outlook 2003 has a calendar feature. What are the exact symptoms that = you see when you click on the Calendar button in Outlook 2003?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Prog...

EXCEL 97
Hi there! Ive created a linked spreadsheet in 2003 and am unable to open in 97. The error msg i get is "unable to open - insufficient memory". Any clues how i can get around this little dilema??? Thanks in advance! ...

Folder Creation slow in Exchange 2003
Hi, I just got through an Exchange 5.5 to 2003 migration, and am working out the kinks. One thing I noticed, when I create a folder in Outlook (i.e. task list, contacts, calendar, etc.) it takes like 4 minutes to add it. Using Exchange 5.5, it was pretty much immediate. Any ideas? I do still have the 5.5 server in the organization, but it's shutdown. Could this have an impact? Thanks, Troy ...

Adobe problem
Have just installed Adobe full version 7 onto terminal server when I use Great plains and open up a document and print to screen then choose the emailto(pdf) link it comes comes up with an error telling me that if I am sending postscript fonts then to go intot the settings of adobe printer and ensure the tick box "Do not send fonts to Adobe PDF" is ticked I have ensured that the boxes are ticked but the system will not let me email this way If I choose the adobe printer and print to printer I get the option to save the pdf documnet and then the PDF will appear on the screen and I ...

Message Tracking XML File
Hello: Is there any utility out there that can read the XML file saved from the Message Tracking Center, and present it in an easily readable format? MS explains the XML schema at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms987640(EXCHG.65).aspx but doesn't offer a program to do anything. I found http://theessentialexchange.com/blogs/michael/archive/2007/11/13/more-exchange-message-tracking.aspx, which looks like it'll take the raw log files themselves and convert them into XML, which isn't what I need. Thank you. -- Regards, M MCTS, MCSA Nevermind....

Cannot Install Exchange 2003
Ok, I'm, stuck. I have completed all prerequisites for Exchange 2003 install and still receive this error when Site Replication Service is being installed: Setup failed while installing sub-component Site Replication Services with error code 0xC1030B11 (please consult the Installation logs for a detailed description). You may cancel the installation or try the failed step again.. I have done everything in MS KB 83395 on this and still it continues to fail. the one problem I have with the KB article is that it tells you to change the passwords for this service to be the same on the...

Unicode Problems In Resource Files
Hi, I have the following unicode russian string in an excel document ????????? ???? ???????T when i paste it into the string table in the resource editor it comes out as follows Нас�,�?ойка иг�?�< �"а�?�"илд�"� why is this could someone help i am toatally at a deadend with this. Regards Adrian, >I have the following unicode russian string in an excel document >????????? ???? ???????T >when i paste it into the string table in the resource editor it comes out as >follows >�?а�?�,�?ойка иг�?�< �"а�?�"илд�"� Adrian, I believe the c...

Exchange 2003 Enterprise / Public Folder Store
Hello, I have the following configuration: - Windows 2003 SP1 with Exchange 2003 Enterprise SP2 - 2 OU with users - each OU has it's own GAL, AL and OAB I created two public folder stores for each OU and to give each OU access to a public folder store. But I even can't my additional Public Folder Store in Outlook. Additionaly I try to replicate one OAB to the additional Public Folder Store. Thanks in advance. Cheers Fabian "But I even can't my additional Public Folder Store in Outlook. " You want to clarify that? "Fabian K�lling" <FabianKlling@dis...

Publishing web site using ProntPage 2003
I noticed that when I publish web site to the server after I made changes, some of the files in the server are not changed. But some of them do get changed. The unchanged files are not used in the web but still stay in the server. I have no control of this. Can I force the server to match exactly the web in my PC when I publish (delete all the extra files)? Thanks. You probably got the wrong newsgroup, this is excel Regards, Peo Sjoblom "jeffrey" wrote: > I noticed that when I publish web site to the server after I made changes, > some of the files in the server ar...

Toolbar + &
Before I reinvent the wheel, I'm looking for sample code to implement toolbar buttons for (+( Increasing and (-) Decreasing magnification and for setting a percentage, either from a list or as a user-entered number. Any URLs, book references, or suggested places to look in the M/S SDK would be greatly appreciated. TIA Norm The buttons are just buttons, but for the percentages you'll probably want a combo box so users can type in a percentage that is not in the list. Here's a couple of links to articles that put a combo box on a toolbar. It's pretty simple really so yo...

Outlook 2003 Cannot Send Mail via POP/SMTP
I have a number of remote users who POP's mail into and out of our Exchange 2000 box. One is unable to send mail to anyone (either within the organisation or to external addresses), so I have temporarily discounted relaying as an issue, although I have checked the settings on the virtual server and they are all correct (allowing authenticated users to relay mail etc.) Receiving seems OK. The user has Outlook 2003 (fresh install) on Windows XP (fresh install). Log file: 2004.07.29 15:29:39 <<<< Logging Started (level is LTF_TRACE) >>>> 2004.07.29 15:29:39 server.d...

Problem about Sample Database
Dear all, I have a MS CRM license with MSDN. I completly installed MS CRM with organization named "Adventure Works Cycle. I got 6 licenses of Suite Professtional. But when I tried to install sample database following http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/mscrm/mscrm1/m aintain/20_samdb.mspx . It was error in step of add license. I added 8JUNYZUK3U66WXTRP7WE1 and the error screen was shown "You must enter a valid license key". Please help me solve this problem. Thanks !!! dinorex "dinorex" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Word 2007
I used to be able to open Word 2007 documents in Word 2003, taking advantage of the compatability pack. It is still installed, but I can no longer open the 07 documents in 03. Please advise what I should look for as a potential problem? Kelli "Kelli" <Kelli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:329F6A40-4349-40A3-B495-48850535EE66@microsoft.com... >I used to be able to open Word 2007 documents in Word 2003, taking >advantage > of the compatability pack. It is still installed, but I can no longer > open > the 07 documents in 03. &g...

spin control problem #2
How do I get the integer value of a spin control's associated edit control while in the edit control's OnEnChange function. Everytime I try to extract the data I get an exception error. If you have a problem in spin control, hire a good publicist... (sorry, I couldn't resist) First, show the code. Then say PRECISELY what you mean by "exception error", showing the exact line of code that experiences the problem. Otherwise, there is no way to tell what you've done! joe On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 07:43:21 -0700, "Z.K." <nospam@nospam.net> wrote: ...

Event date problem with Entourage calendar
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop When trying to add an event in the calendar, the date defaults to January 5, 2010, and won't let you change it to the current date, or the date of the day that the event is being created on. Any suggestions? Same thing happened to me when I first used Entourage calendar. I fixed it by checking the date/time set up under Apple preferences. Sure enough, the date was set wrong. Hope this helps. ...

How do you import a pdf file into Microsoft publisher 2003
I'm doing my kid's school directory. I have ads thathave been submitted as pdf files. How do I place those files on my pages. Microsoft doesn't give me the answer; neither does adobe. A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from rbpublisher <rbpublisher@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > I'm doing my kid's school directory. I have ads thathave been > submitted as pdf files. How do I place those files on my pages. > Microsoft doesn't give me the answer; neither does adobe. You need to convert the PDF files to graphics suc...

cannot see inserted pictures in publisher 2003
cannot see pictures in 2003, although frame adjusting dots appear. I open new page, select insert picture (doesn't matter where from, still no different). Help please. Program worked on original pc which originally had an earlier version of publisher installed. The program is not an update, but full version. PC P4 running XP home and office XP View, pictures, detailed display.. If this is not the solution, you may need an upgraded video driver. Do this: Slide the acceleration down on your adapter, control panel, display folder, settings tab, advanced button, troubleshoot tab. If thi...

Include top nav abr problem
Hi all, I have a website with an "Include_top" with a nav bar. This renders OK on all but 1 page on main site and subsite. http://www.gundogs-wales.co.uk/Gundogtest/Lakeside_Link.htm and http://www.gundogs-wales.co.uk/Lakeside_Link.htm I have tried removing and reinstalling the "Include_top" page to no effect. can anyone help please TIA Teriel9 Looks like you are missing the style sheet link in the head section in both pages at http://www.gundogs-wales.co.uk/Lakeside_Link.htm add <link rel="stylesheet" href="style.css" type="te...

problem retaining cursor on same position in subform
Hi, I have a main form with a Combobox and a subform that use to display relate record when the combobox is selected. In the subform, I have a button to open another form (frmEditCommune) for editing specific record. When finish editing and closing the frmEditCommune form, I want the subform to requery and retain the cursor on the current record. The code below did requery/refresh the content but move the cursor to the first row of the subform. Could anyone advice how to maintain the cursor to the previuos position in the subform? Dim rst As DAO.Recordset Dim strCriteria As S...

Problem with reading Reminders in Outlook 2003
Every time I start Outlook 2003 a pop-up message appears: "There was a problem reading one or more of your reminders. Some reminders may not appear. Cannot locate recurrence information for this appointment." How do I get rid of this annoying pop- up message? I have tried to take all my reminders that I could find out of my calendar, the message still appears. What do I need to do? Has anyone experience similar problem. How do I get rid off this pop-up message. Many thanks for your help. Martin. Martin <martin@kellyville.org.au> wrote: > Every time I start Outlook 2003 a...

Exchange 2003 SP1 and IMF
Here is something tricky. I have windows 2003 SP1 and exchange 2003 SP1 cluster machine. I never installed IMF. Ever since I have the cluster working, I keep get 9661 information. LIke this Event Type: Information Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 9661 Date: 2/3/2006 Time: 4:17:46 PM User: N/A Computer: XXXXXXXXXXXXX Description: The Unsolicited Commercial Email default filter level has been updated. The new value is 5. I was told that IMF will not work on cluster. I checked in m$ website that this information means IMF is working. I do not want this function a...

Outlook 2003 does not show Appointment Availability for users for
When adding an appointment next year for private or public calendar using outllok 2003 on exchnage 2003, and inviting othe ruser from gal it shows shows there status in the schdele as no information. If shcedule appointment this year shows the status of the users schedule as is planned in their calendar. please help ...

Exchange 2003 #25
Hi, I install Exchange 2003 on Windows 2000 server, I try to configure MAILBOXE in one workstation with win2000 PRO, with OUTLOOK 2000 , and get the Error " OPERATION FAILD" whene I press the check name. localy on the server I can use the outlook, In the workstation I see the server by \\server . and By ping server . What Can I do? ...