Outllok Rule Creation based on Greater Than Numbers...

Program: Outlook 2003

He Everyone,
My boss has requested the creation of a particular type of rule that has me
stumped. He receives many quote requests per day but we are only interested
in them if they are BELOW a certain quantity, i.e. we would be interested in
fulfilling an order for less than 1000 but not more than that. I have tried
filtering based on "Specific words in the body" with entries such as
">1000," (hoping Outlook would know to treat the entry as a number above
1000, also tried "1,***," (hoping it would recognize as a number
w/wildcards), also "1000," "1000," etc, etc, etc... Of course, all the
filter sees are the actual numbers/symbols entered. In other words it will
block ">1000" but not 1000, or it will block "1,***" but not 1000.

This is what I have in mind: Check messages when they arrive?From
People...?With specific words in the body?>1000(greater than 1000 sans text
in parenthesis)?Move it to the specified folder... and I could take it from
here        :)

So the non-vervbose question boils down to: Is there a way to get the
Outllok 2003 Rules and Alerts to filter emails based on a "greater than"
quantity of actual numbers in the email?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Fingers crossed,

Dan

0
not4027 (2)

Not Now Please <not@thistime.net> wrote:

> So the non-vervbose question boils down to: Is there a way to get the
> Outllok 2003 Rules and Alerts to filter emails based on a "greater
> than" quantity of actual numbers in the email?

Outlook's Rules and Alerts engine cannot perform numeric comparisons of any
kind.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
2/1/2007 1:37:53 PM
Thanks for the confirmation Brian. Take Care.

> Not Now Please <not@thistime.net> wrote:
>
>> So the non-vervbose question boils down to: Is there a way to get the
>> Outllok 2003 Rules and Alerts to filter emails based on a "greater
>> than" quantity of actual numbers in the email?
>
> Outlook's Rules and Alerts engine cannot perform numeric comparisons of
> any kind.
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
not4027 (2)

Historical customer item numbers?
I posted this an hour ago, but it disappeared(!).... We have customers that change their SKU numbers frequently. So, physical item #A might have SKU #1 today, but SKU #2 next month. We need to show the correct SKU on our invoices to them. We were going to use the Sales Item Cross Reference table (SOP60300), but we realized this is a "live" value - that is, if we reprint an invoice it will show the latest SKU number, not necessarily the one that was originally invoiced. Does anyone know how we could deal with this? Does version 10 have any new fields in the SOP Order line tab...

Move emails automatically from Inbox to other folder, based on dat
Some of my users have thousands of emails in their Inbox which slow down performance. Is there a tool with which I can automatically move items older than 30 days to a different folder in Outlook? Based on message class would also be fine, since I use Vault mail archiving, which changes to message class from IPM.Note to IPM.Note.EnterpriseVault.Shortcut. Thanks! Chiel Varkevisser The Netherlands In news:F458372B-155A-4A83-A1F3-4E860477A3D4@microsoft.com, ChielV <ChielV@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Some of my users have thousands of emails in their Inbox which slow > do...

Project-based Purchase Receipt Return in GP 9
A user entered a purchase receipt for a non-inventory item against a project and posted it. The receipt has not been billed and never will be so that's not an issue. If the receipt has not been invoiced, should she simply enter a Return transaction? If the receipt has been invoiced but we just want to get rid of the cost from the project, what is the best way to handle this? -- Charles Allen, MVP ...

Reference number of records
Hi Group Access 2000 WinXPPro I have a form/subform frmPackage/sfrmPart Parts go in packages. I have a command button to preview a report. cmdPreviewrptAir. There is a text box. Qvalue. Qvalue is Single data type. Default value is blank. Qvalue *must* have a value input if there is more than one part in the package and *must not* have a value if there is only one part in the package. I can't figure out the code to check if there is more than one record in frmPart. As always any thoughts, comments or suggestions are welcome. Regards Mike On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 17:15:27 -0800, &qu...

How do I sum YTD totals based on monthly totals
I have a financial worksheet with expenses by month and a monthly total for each month. At the end of each subsequent month there is a cumulative total of the monthly totals (YTD), I cannot figure out how to get an automatic formula to populate the correct cells to mimick the previous formulas with the current cell data to get the correct totals. -- Donna EMU Alumni "Bsgrad02" <Bsgrad02@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8E3201DF-9B59-4188-8E19-BCC24B00012C@microsoft.com... > I have a financial worksheet with expenses by month and a monthly total for &g...

Number Formatting #10
I have a user who's numbers in excel are defaulting to a decimal even if you format the cell for number zero decimal places. For example if she enters 15 it will enter .15. This happens on every excel document she opens and if you open the same documents on another PC they work fine. I have even tried to reinstall excel on the PC and it does not correct the Issue. Please help with suggestions. For a work around I have her entering 15. But that is an extra key stroke. Thanks go to Tools>Options>Edit and uncheck the option for Fixed Decimal Places "Shane" wrote: >...

Replace numbers with time
I downloaded "sunrise/sunset" data into an Excel 2003 spreadhseet but the times came as numbers, like "1622". I want to convert that to "16:22" but the format cell option does not work. It converts it to a date and a time (noon). Since the times change every few cells, search and replace is inefficient. I tried searching for 16** and replacing them with 16:** but Excel took that liberally. Is there a wildcard command to replace these numbers: 1622, 1623, 1624 with 16:22, 16:23, 16:24? =TIME(INT(A1/100),MOD(A1,100),0) -- Kind regards, N...

How do I generate random, non-repeating numbers that don't change?
I'm setting up a spreadsheet that tracks names and generates random, non-repeating four-digit ID#'s. Is it possible in Excel 2000? The usual way to generate non repeating random numbers is to make a complete list of the possible numbers use =RAND() in and adjacent column, then sort both columns by that auxiliary column and read of the desired number of values from the first column. Jerry bsquared0 wrote: > I'm setting up a spreadsheet that tracks names and generates random, > non-repeating four-digit ID#'s. Is it possible in Excel 2000? ...

Auto number items
I am looking to put a number in a all of the different types of boxes on my diagram. I have been creating a text box with a number and dragging it to the box. I was in hopes that there might be an automated process. Thanks Chip Asmus Have you tried Tools/Addons/Visio Extras/Number Shapes... "Chip Asmus" <Chip@lawlershallmark.com> wrote in message news:eaZ0rwfYHHA.1244@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I am looking to put a number in a all of the different types of boxes on my >diagram. I have been creating a text box with a number and dragging it to >the box. I ...

Error Number: 0x800ccc0e when I try to get messages
Hello, I am a postmaster of our network and I am having some problems with Outlook 2000 and our pop3 server. The problem is that randomly, Outlook's users can not download their mail because they get the error number 0x800ccc0e when they try to send amd receive mail. We are using Microsoft Outlook 2000 SP-3 (9.0.0.6627) and our server is a Linux Debian running a 2.4.27 kernel. I have tried with ipop3d and in.qpopper as a pop3 daemons and with both I get the error. There is no firewall between them and this is the tcpdump capture from the server (our pop3 server runs at port 40110, bu...

Format cell for consecuritve numbers
How do I format cells so that when I click and drag a cell with the figure "1".. then consecutive numbers appear (as oppose to lots of 1s) ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ press the 'Control' button when you drag and it will increment it. HTH, katherine "Monique Linder" <Monique.Linder.vr39b@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Monique.Linder.vr39b@excelforum-nospam.com... > How do I format cells so that wh...

Calculated Control
I had a calculated control on a report that used this formula: =Round((DSum("[General Sale Epense]","[Expenses]")-DSum("[Out lot]","[Lot Info]"))/DSum("[Price]","[Lot info]"),4) There is a need to change the criteria so the first DSum only totals "[General Sale Expense]" if the field [Expense Type] has a value of "All Consignors" How do I adjust the formula? Thank you -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP DSum("[General Sale Epense]","[Expenses]","[Expense Type] = ""All ...

Dialog-based app made modeless #2
Hi all, We made a dialog-based application (which used to run as modal dialog) modeless. All worked fine, except that tabs and edit <Ctrl> mnemonics don't work. I found an article (MSDN - Ask Dr. GUI #46) which says I need to explicitly call IsDialogMessage inside the main message loop. I overrode Run(), ProcessMessageFilter and PreTranslateMessage() in the app class, but tabbing on the dialog doesn't break there. Similarly I overrode the dialog's PreTranslateMessage(), but tabbing didn't bring me there either. Any ideas? Regards, Diana ...

Find the number of rows returned in a filter
I would like to filter a list and test for no match. For example Sub FilterTest(market as string) Excel.Application.Screenupdating = false Excel.sheets("SS").visible = true Excel.sheets("SS").select Excel.sheets("SS").range("B10").select Excel.Selection.AutoFilter Excel.Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="<>1*", Operator:=xlAnd, _ Criteria2:="<>*T" Excel.Application.screenupdating = true 'now here is what I want to test If (the filter retuns no visible records or rows) then Msgbox "The "&...

Sorting Rules
I'm using Outlook 2003 and I use many rules. Whenever I create a rule I like to keep them in alphabetical order in the event I have to make change to it. That way the rule is easy to find. My problem is that when I create a rule I have to manually place it in alphabetical order and that can be a little time consuming especially if the rule name begins with the letter "Z" for instance. So I am wondering if anyone knows a way for Outlook 2003 to sort the rules in alphabetical order sans doing it manually. It would save a lot of time. Thanks. No. --� Milly Staples [MV...

Duplicate Check Numbers #4
Hi All, I have this situation here where an AP check was printed for one invoice, but the GL Detail Trial Balance for the Cash account shows two (2) checks with the same check number, one for the invoice they intended to pay and the same check number for an invoice they had not yet intended to pay. The AP person tells me that the invoice they did not want to pay was not selected for payment. The "Allow duplicate check numbers" option is not checked for this Checkbook! To compound the problem, the check they wanted to pay has already been released and sent to the vendor. H...

Sorting "text" numbers
I am sorting a list of numbers (actually telephone extensions) which need to be formatted as text. When I sort them I get two separate lists starting over again. e.g. 1000,1001,1004,2003,3456,...,0456,1003,2455,... I've check for leading spaces, format differences etc. but this is not the problem. Chris, If the cells were formatted after entering the data, the currently entered values aren't automatically converted from numbers to strings. Do your sort, then select the first group of cells and run this macro: Sub MakeText() For Each myCell In Selection myCell.Value = &q...

Line Number and Source File Name of Unhandled Exceptions
Is there any way to get the line number and source file name of unhandled exception errors? I am writing an application that runs inside another application, so the debugger does not seem to be able to do provide this. Define what you are doing. There is no such concept as "running an application inside another application" unless the application being run "inside" is an OLE Server application and the application it is running inside is an OLE Client application. In that case, the debugger should be able to work on the server application. You have to attach the debugge...

End of range changes when I add a number
Please could someone explain why Excel 2000 changes the range in another cell when I type a number into a blank cell? I have a spreadsheet that calculates income by month, something like this: Month Income1 Income2 Income3 Cost Total Jan06 23.99 44.77 55.00 123.76 The Total cells contain a formula =SUM(B2:D2)-E2 (actually there are more income columns, but this is the principle.) I copied this Total formula in the first row, and pasted it into the other 11 rows for the other months. Originally there was no cost column. I inserted this column, and then modifi...

How do I sum numbers up to an certain threshold in Excel?
I'm sure the answer is easy, but I can't figure it out. I'm trying to sum one column up to a preset threshold (like 60) and then want to sum up corresponding entries, but I only want the entries that coresspond to the entries that don't exceed 60. So far I've create a GPA calculator where you place credit hours in one column, a letter grade in another, and then it uses a vlookup function to find out how many points that letter grade is worth, and then uses sum functions to sum up the points and the credit hours. It then divides the two to get a GPA. I'm stuck...

Remove Duplicate
I used OCR software to read the Names and addresses off ~500k images. For each image we received ID and Account Number combinations that correspond to a Name and Address. Within the data set there are several examples of each ID, Account, Name and Address combination. We are interested in removing the duplicates and only having the distinct records. The software is not 100% accurate so the Names and Addresses can be different from result to result for the same ID/Account. My thought was to use a majority voting approach. Below is a link to an example of the results. ...

OWA - SSL
Hi I have a problem with OWA, SSL.... can you help me.... let me tell you exactly what I did: I have FE/BE server... both windows 2003 Enterprise sever SP1 and Exchange 2003 SP1 FE: Srv2 192.168.0.2 BE: Srv1 192.168.0.1 The BE server (Srv1) is CA root and DNS : mail A 192.168.0.2 mail MX mail.domain.com srv2 A 192.168.0.2 srv1 A 192.168.0.1 NS: srv1.domain.com CA: certificate Autority: srv1.domain.com mail.domain.com Issued To mail.domain.com Issued By mail.domain.com Exchange mail server url for internal and ext...

Sorting by Number of Characters #2
Has anyone ever tried to sort records by number of characters? I need to go through a very large medication document and need to sort out the meds that are 30 characters or less. Anyone have any ideas on how to do this? Thanks! -- cny2 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ cny2's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25679 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=390956 Use a helper column. If the meds are in column A, in column B (or the next blank column) enter B1: =LEN(A1) and ...

Payee Account Numbers for Online Payments
I have an online payee to which I have been making payments. Recently the my account number changed (for the payee) but I don't remember when I changed the account number in Money. When I look at the history for the payee, it shows the date and amount of payments but not the account number to which the payment was made. In MS Money 2006, how can I see the account number to which an online payment was made? ...

Select only even or odd number records
Hi, I have a table with among other things has on number field. I want two reports, one that select only records with even number in the number field and the second report that selects only records with odd numbers in the number field. I'm on the query builder screen and can't figure out the correct code to place in the criteria section for each report. Your help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. You can take you unnamed number field and use /2 or the Mod operator to create a column in the query/record source: OddEven: [UnnamedNumericField] Mod 2 In the c...