outgoing messages, auto numbering

Is there any utility available which will insert
automatically a consecutive reference number on outgoing
messages ?
0
anonymous (74722)

I have the same problem. PLEASE if you find a solution send me a letter
(assistant@vstvarna.com) or post it here. I will really appreciate it
because I have been looking for so long for something like this!

ExMerge 'Error configuring message service'
Hi All, I am running into this error when trying to import a PST into Exchange 2003 SP1 (on SBS 2003): Error configuring message service (MSPST MS) (MAPI_E_EXTENDED_ERROR) (CMapiSession::CreateEMSPSTProfile) I know this matches a KB article exactly, but the PST is NOT read only (I have even made it read only and then not read only just to make sure). I am pretty sure I have correctly removed deny send and receive as. I can export to a PST from the mailbox in question and then re-import the exported PST. The mailbox does not have any limits and does have messages so it is initialize...

Exporting all messages
Hi! I have Windows 2000 Prof. and want to change to Win 2003 Server. I have already exported all accounts and newsgroups from Outlook Express 6 to a file. The problem is that I can't export all messages. Can you tell me if it's possible to export all messages from all folders to a file and then to import all folders with messages from this file into another outlook under my new operating system? I have dozens of important messages in my Outlook Express folders and I can lost it. If the export is not possible which files do I need to copy and replace in new version to have all the mess...

How to suppress "Entourage cannot find server" message when offline?

numbering rows
Is there a way to number each row in Excel so that when it prints out the rows all have numbers? I couldn't find it in Msft online Help but I guess that's no surprise. thanks! Jane Two options. 1. In page setup>sheet select "row and column headers". Note this will print the column headsers also. 2. Insert a column to left of your original columns(will become column A) Enter in A1 =ROW() and drag/copy down the column as far as you wish. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 17:15:10 -0700, "jane" <jfnysf@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is there a ...

Access 2007 combobox will not "Auto expand"
I have a database converted from access 2003 to 2007. Now ALL comboxes will not allow the "autoexpand" functionality. Obviously I set this property to yes (both in the properties window AND programmatically). Most, but not all, of the comboboxes are populated by queries on ODBC coupled MSSQL tables. Again, in 2003, this worked fine. Anybody an idea ? Thanks in advance for any suggestions, Jos --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/ =- ...

Receive messages in Inbox of OE months after they were sent
tCan anyone help with this? What could possibly cause messages to not appear in the OE Inbox until weeks or months later after being sent? OE is set up to keep a copy of messages on the server when downloading to OE. Will see a message in the server Inbox, but not in OE Inbox. Months later, suddenly it is showing in the OE Inbox ( but now is not showing in the isp inbox) I have never seen this before & tryingg to help someone who is having this issue. The person says they do not keep alot of messages in OE, reads & deletes them, doesn't use the OE Inbox for sto...

Transmitting large encrypted messages
I use digital signatures and encryption to transfer sensitive data to and from customers, and have found that Outlook 2002 SP2 (on a P IV computer running WIN XP Pro SP1, standalone, but with broadband internet access) times out when trying to send an email with an attachment as small as 1 meg. The error message is that the ISP SMTP server has timed out. The ISP technicians tell me, not so, it's Outlook's problem. In troubleshooting, I've changed Outlook's automatic send/receive timing to look every 5 minutes from every 1 minute. No change. Outlook still tries to send the m...

Auto Filter not working
I have a strange problem which occurs from time to time whereby I am unable to activate the Auto Filter function on a list. The filter buttons simply do not appear! Does anybody have any idea why this might happen?? Thanks, Chris J Is the worksheet protected? -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "Chris Jenkins" <jenkins4308@freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:bf9p58$app$1@news6.svr.pol.co.uk... > I have a strange problem which occurs from time to time whereby I am unable > t...

Help with cells auto formatting
Hi, I have posted a similar question before however I never really got this sorted so sorry for repeating myself. Basically I use two spreadsheets daily at work all with various information on and various formats in each Column. My problem is when I close the spreadsheet and reopen it the cells that are formatted as 'general' or 'number' turn into Euro currencies. Does anyone know why this happens or how I can stop it? The spreadsheets aren't stored locally they are stored on a serve that only myself and my boss can get onto and we both have the same p...

automatically numbering rows
I wish to have rows automatically numbered in column "A" according to the content in column "B". If column "B" has text or numbers in a cell I do not want to number that row in column "A". If column "B" is blank in a cell I want to number that row in column "A". I found the following formula that works the opposite of what I want "=IF(B1<>"",COUNTA($B$1:B1)&".","")" . What would the formula be if I wanted to numerically count the blank cells in "B" and skip the conte...

Address Auto Complete
A user of mine is looking for a way to get rid of the address auto complete in his TO: field. Any suggestions? Hi! anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com ha scritto: > A user of mine is looking for a way to get rid of the > address auto complete in his TO: field. Any suggestions? What is the problem? You want only to disable it? Which version of Outlook do you use? Bye Roberto -- Roberto Restelli Microsoft MVP - Office Systems - Outlook We are running Outlook 2002. He wants to disable the feature that automatically suggests an email address from his Contacts list. Ex. when he t...

Number Format
Is this available/possible? The difference between engineering and Scientific is that engineering is always in the form of "11.11En where "n" is a multiple of 3. Thanks, Bill Hi AFAIK this is not possible in Excel -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Bill Allen" <ballense@cox.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1eq6d.26462$7k.7198@okepread05... > Is this available/possible? > The difference between engineering and Scientific is that engineering is > always in the form of "11.11En where "n" is a multiple of 3. > > Thanks, &g...

Help Needed With Write Conflict Error Message.
I have an order form that users open and close on a regular basis. The form is based on a query. On the form are two fields, "TicketPrinted" and "RevisedDate". Most of the time the field "Ticket Printed" has a value in it of "Yes". What I want to be able to do is that if a date is entered into this "RevisedDate" field, OR if the information is changed in this "Revised Date" field, that when the user closed the form, an update query runs that changes the "TicketPrinted" field from the original value of "Yes"...

Outgoing messages occasionally don't get sent
I'm having a very strange problem with Outlook 2007. 99% of the time everything worked fine but once in awhile outgoing messages do not get sent and remain in the outbox. The only way I can get them to be sent is too close Outlook and then restart it at which time the messages get sent. When I close outlook I get the message that says I have mail in my outbox, do I want to close anyway or not close so Outlook knows there is mail there. I've tried pressing F9 and even then the mail doesn't get sent. I'm running this on a laptop using Microsoft Vista Home Premium and my mail...

how to create leading zeros on variable length numbers
I have a column of variable length numbers/text (6-12 characters). I need to place leading zeros in each of the cells to create a standard length of 15 characters. What's the easiest way to do this? sleect cells or column then pull-down: Format > Cells... > Number > Custom > and enter 000000000000000 in place of general -- Gary's Student "MVPitts" wrote: > I have a column of variable length numbers/text (6-12 characters). I need to > place leading zeros in each of the cells to create a standard length of 15 > characters. What's the easie...

Ghost messages #2
I have a user that is receiving emails from an email account that no longer exists on our Exchange 5.5 server. These are email messages that are addressed to a current employee from an employee who is no longer here, not a user who is simply receiving emails addressed to an employee who is no longer here. Can Exchange 5.5 hold messages that are scheduled for a future date separate from the mailbox that created them? Thanks, Robert "Robert" <rwalker@loislaw.com> wrote: >I have a user that is receiving emails from an email >account that no longer exists on our Ex...

Inbox messages delayed or not coming through
Hello, I used to have a Windows XP computer. Since this one crashed I bought a laptop with Vista. Since we have this I hear from people they have trouble emailing us. I already sent an email twice to my server/hosting master, but he can't find anything weird. incoming email bij pop 3 (webserver .djobuga.nl) outcoming email by smtp.upcmail.nl I already stopped my firewall to see if that helps. Some messages I receive, but some not, also from people who already are my contacts. Do you have any solution? Regards Ellen -- Ellen Touray Any error message when you ...

An error number : 424 problem
I'm having trouble with an attachment field. On a report I can see the picture and the filename of the selected attachent properly. Now in a SQL UPDATE string that i'm making I always get the error 424 Object required. Here is the line where it happens : 'mySQL = mySQL + ", scan_g = " & prn_du_pied_g.FileName scan_g is a Text field prn_du_pied_g is an attachment All I want to do is to use the filename of the attchment. How do I solve this Thank you for the help -- Eric "ericb" <eric@b.com> wrote in message news:9A...

Outlook 2002: partially download messages over xx kilobytes?
Howdy! I'm trying to set up a friend with Outlook 2002 under Windows XP Pro so that only the first several kilobytes of incoming email is downloaded. (he's on dialup for a while) I've SEEN the dialog before but forget where. It's NOT intuitive, unfortunately. I think the setting is "partially retrieve messages over xxKB in size" and it may not be in Outlook - it may link to some kind of external, Windows config (connections?). Much obliged if you know where this is. I wouldn't mind knowing for Outlook Express too as my father uses that. Thanks, C.J.Patt...

Multiple serial numbers when making adjustments to material receip
When doing material receipts we have the ability to add multiple serial numbers. For issues (adjustments) this must be done one by one.We need the ability to issue multiple serial numbers on the same transaction. For instance, we have to issue ten cable reels in ten different lines versus one with ten serial numbers from the list. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to ...

The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. #2
Hi, I've just setup Exchange Server at our office in Mumbai, India, and am facing a very unusual situation. Our domain is hosted on a remote server with 10 POP E-mail id's defined as follows: jtalpade, tshaikh, pshanbhag, mshriyan, mmanjrekar, rumap, adivate, rtalpade, schourasia and rramesh On my exchange server, i have defined the following users: tshaikh, mshriyan, mmanjrekar, rumap, adivate, rtalpade, schourasia and rramesh I have kept "jtalpade" & "pshanbhag" out of the exchange server user list as they reside in a different city, viz Delhi & ...

Prevent auto date format
When I paste to excel, number with hyphen '-' i.e 2-5 , automatically become 02-may. I know that format cell as text before pasting can prevent auto-date but I had a number of rows of data to paste. When I have to do this for one value, I'll format the cell as Text and then paste into the formula bar. If I have lots, I'll paste into Notepad. Then I'll save that file as a text file (*.txt) Then use File|open to open that text file. The text to columns wizard will appear and I'll be able to specify that these fields should be treated as text. Then I can copy|past...

Multipart MIME message
Hi, A quick question - how do I read a multipart Outlook Express created message by Outlook XP? When I open it, it shows messages as attachement but won't combine them? This must be a common question a lot of people asked but I can not find answers through the Help nor from Knowledge Base? Can anyone help me? It is very appreciated. Thanks, Ed Hi, Thnaks for the reply. I think you misunderstood my question. I knew there is a "Combine and decode" in Outlook Express and knew how to use it. My question is to MS Office Outlook not the Outlook Express. It is the Ou...

New message "zoomed" in
I use Outlook 2007. When I create a new message the text looks like I have zoomed in; it is bigger than normal. When the message is received, it is fine. I cannot find any adjustment to this. I don't see a view>zoom option aywhere. Look on the Format text tab or use your mouse wheel to zoom down as you press Ctrl. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter ab...

unable to type in message body of new email
Connecting to Exchange 2003 server via https://mail.mydomain.com/exchange. Running IE 8 and Windows 7. I can login fine and read email, but when i click on the "New" button to create a new email, I am unable to type any text in the message body. Just a small red square in the upper left corner of the message body. I believe this has something to do with DHTML because when i connect with an XP machine running IE8 and create a "New" email, it comes up with the popup bar at the top saying "Click here to add this Dynamic HTML add-on/Active X control"...