outgoing messages are not saved in the Sent Folder

Although I have the Option "Save messages in the "Sent Folder" checked my
outgoing emails are NOT being saved.  I have Outlook 2010 using Windows 7
(x64).  Does anyone have a suggestion?

What type of email account? Do you have more than one sent items folder in
your profile?

--

"Desert Rob" <DesertRob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Although I have the Option "Save messages in the "Sent Folder" checked my
> outgoing emails are NOT being saved.  I have Outlook 2010 using Windows 7
> (x64).  Does anyone have a suggestion?

0
Diane

rule to move messages from senders who are on a personal dist list
Hi, I'd like to create a rule that will move messages that I receive from senders who are on one of my personal address book distribution lists. I would like to move the messages to a folder. However, when I try to create a rule I get this message: 'Cleanup Address List' is a personal distribution list that may not be used with this feature. Would you like to use the individual members of 'Cleanup Address List' instead? I am choosing "New Rule" then "Move messages from someone to a folder." Is there some other way to accomplish this ...

Can I search for a FOLDER
Hi, Is there a way to search for a FOLDER in Outlook (2002)? If I have hundreds of sub folders within folders and forgot where I put one specific folder, is there a way to search for this folder? I seem to be able to search for e- mail items in specific folders but not for folders themselves. Any ideas? Thanks. Kikilein Nope, you can't search by folder. Advanced Find has an "In folder" option on the advanced tab you could use to find all messages in the folder (search the entire mailbox), but you won't find the folder path. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Aut...

Synchronizing Folders on RPC over HTTPS
Hello -- I have a user in the field who has both a VPN connecting and his Outlook 2003 is also set-up for RPC over HTTPS. When he connects through the VPN, all of his folders get synchronized -- however, when he has the VPN off, and he's connecting through HTTPS, all of his folders do not get synchronized. We are using a Single Server Exchange Server 2003 and a Windows Server 2003 Domain. Also, his mail box is 609MB --- does HTTPS run slower than a VPN connection? Thanks! -Blake On Wed, 25 May 2005 10:31:34 -0400, "Galvanon" <galvanon@online.nospam> wrote: &g...

Error Message while running Outlook 2002
While running Outlook 2002, I have recently recieved the following error message: "Unable to update free/busy data. An OLE rigistration error has occurred. The program is not correctly installed. Run set up again for this program" When I close the error message window it comes back again in about 2 minutes. I have searched and found similar threads, but I have found none with this exact error message. I've been using Outlook2002 for a long time. What exactly caused this to appear suddenly and what are the precise steps needed to remedy this problem? -- Win XP Home...

How to save settings for my printer to print doublesided from exce
When I print doubled sided in word everything goes fine but whenever I try to print doublesided from excel and I go for advanced on my printer and check the boxes for it and then klick ok - after that I go in there to check that it's ok and then all my settings are gone.. Why and how can I change this so that I can print double sides in excel aswell? ...

Public Folders replicas
I move mailbox and public folder from an old server to new server (Exchange 2000). I follow the instructions on the KB 307917, for public folder. Accindentally, I uninstal Exchange 2000 on the old server before to remove public folders replicas on the new exchange server. Outlook client can work on the public folders of new server, but I can not work with public folder (to remove public folders replicas) with Exchange System Manager (ESM). How I can proceed?? I must to follow the KB 275171???? Who can help me? What is the specific errror you are seeing in ESM? Are you using ESM on the ...

Unable To Access Folders From Outlook Today
I have Outlook 2002 which I have installed and uninstalled a couple of times due to expirimenting with different OS's. If I set up my folders in Outlook Today: Inbox, Saved Items, Tasks, etc., I get an error message "Outlook unable to access the folders." I can however access all my folders from the drop down menu. Could someone point me to the configuration files that might be at fault or a way to rememdy the situation. I would like to start using Outlook as my default email and calendar program once again, but really like the Outlook Today feature. Have been using Ubuntu Linux ...

How to track my saving?
Hi, I wonder how i can track my saving in Money 2004 Delexus. I set up some saving goals in my budget, but i don't see how Money provides assistance about how i am doing in fulfilling my saving goals. The feature i am looking for is this, when i have left over money in my budget each money, i want to be able to divide the leftover amount into a couple "virtual accounts", each of which tracks one of my saving goals. Then i want Money to be able to tell me how much i have saved towards each specific goal and how much more i need to save. I heard Quicken has this "virt...

why do I get a message that says save a copy or overwrite changes
When I try and save a workbook, I get a message that says save a copy or overwrite changes. Why am I getting this message? Did you click File|SaveAs instead of File|Save? Jennifer wrote: > > When I try and save a workbook, I get a message that says save a copy or > overwrite changes. Why am I getting this message? -- Dave Peterson ...

New Message Notification #2
I use Outlook 2003. When a new email message arrives, I want either to have an icon show up in my system tray or a box show up on my screen (you've got mail). I have checked the box for the icon to appear, but nothing happens. I haven't found an option to choose for the box to appear - and remain - on my screen. Any ideas? Thanks. Ken, In Outlook 2003, you can go to Tools-> Options -> E-mail Options -> Advanced E-Mail Options to find settings on e-mail notification. You can play a sound, briefly change the mouse cursor, show an envelope in the notification area, an...

sent messages remains in outbox
Hello, I have a user who when sending a message in Outlook 2003 will occasionally have a problem where the message doesn't leave the Outbox. She'll send the message, close Outlook and shut down her computer for the night. When she comes back in the following morning and opens Outlook, the message is still in the outbox. Any ideas on what might be happening? Oulook connects to a pop based mail server. We don't use Exchange. Thanks, Rod It's Outlook 2002 (XP) not 2003. > Hello, > > I have a user who when sending a message in Outlook 2003 will occasionally &g...

password protect personal folders in Outlook xp
How to password protect personal folders in Outlook xp "Dolly" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08b801c3b326$6312ee20$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How to password protect personal folders in Outlook xp "Dolly" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08b801c3b326$6312ee20$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How to password protect personal folders in Outlook xp Right-Click on Outlook Today shortcut, choose Properties, go to Advanced and click on Change Password. Obviously the Old password will be blank! HTH >Right-Click...

Leave a Copy of Messages on Server
Office XP SP3, Outlook 2007 SP1 I like to leave my messages on the server in case I'm away from my regular computers. I can still reference them with webmail. I use Outlook on 2 different computers, however. After I've checked my mail on one of them and then use Outlook on the other computer, I will get duplicates of all the emails that I received on the first computer. It looks like each Outlook program keeps it's own record of where it stopped downloading. Is there a way to tell Outlook to only download unread emails? Is there another solution? I suppose I could del...

Want sent email to go somewhere other than sent folder
When I send a new message or reply to a message; I want it to not go in my "sent" folder rather to specified folders. I have tried creating rules and something does not work right. I turned off the "keep a copy in the send folder". There must be some combination I am not getting. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks T. There is no mechanism to do this. You can apply message rules to the = sent items folder manually after the messages have been sent. steve "twaaaa" <twaaaa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:56D0F751-04A...

Save a CBitmap to disk, possible?? pleeze help!
i dont know how to do this!!! i know i can attach it to a CImage and then save it, but is it also possible in another way?? thanx ! I don't believe that a CBitmap is actually connected to any bitmap really. If you were to serialize it, you'd just end up with a couple of member variables and maybe a pointer to where the data was at one time. I think what you need to do is call the GetBitmapBits function and save all of that data, then upon restore recreate the CBitmap with SetBitmapBits. >-----Original Message----- >i dont know how to do this!!! >i know i can attach...

how do I forward a message when out of office?
--- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.794 / Virus Database: 538 - Release Date: 11/10/2004 Oh another moronic fuckwit who can't a) Use the message body and b) Find the correct fecking group! -- My great-grandfather was born and raised in Elgin - did he eventually lose his marbles? "Allison" <Allison@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:37E0B793-2CF4-49CE-AE3A-2EF905CE7A90@microsoft.com... > ...

E2K3
In Exchange 2003, what is best method for granting a user full access to a public folder and its sub folders. In Exchange 5.5, the Exchange admin console offered a feature to grant a user righs to a public folder and all its sub folder. I cannot find a similar feature in the Exchange 2003 server console. Thanks. On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 10:41:02 -0700, "DrWho" <DrWho@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Exchange 2003, what is best method for granting a user full access to a >public folder and its sub folders. In Exchange 5.5, the Exchange admin >console offered a ...

Unable to display the folder. (Additional mailbox)
We are using Exchange Server 2000 and Outlook 2003. I have tried to add User Y's mailbox to User X's Outlook under Exchange (open these additional mailboxes). No matter what, I keep getting a gray screen when clicking on the Mailbox in user's Folder List with the following error message: "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook could not access the specified folder location." I have made sure of the following: 1. User Y has given User X delegate privleges for Inbox, Calendar, Tasks, Contacts & Notes. All privileges are set to Editor. 2. I have...

JIT Debugging
I have received this error message when trying to run thebestspinner prog installed on my pc. Spoken to their support, but they can't seem to come up with any answers for Vista o/s. I am a total rookie when it comes to this sort of tech stuff. Have tried to run different Compatibility modes under prog properties section. Doesn't make any difference Also have allowed this prog to be included in Firewall enable. O/S 32 bit Vista Home When I try to run it I get this message. Firstly I need to login with my username and password. The the prog says "Not R...

Removal of E2k Server & Error Message
Hi all, I have recently built a new E2003 server and moved the mailboxes and all the rest of the formalities such as moving the PF & Schedule Free/Busy data etc. Just trying to uninstall the old E2k server which has no part in any email delivery now within my organisation but am getting one error which is that the exchange install cannot be removed because one or mailboxes that still reside on the server as must be either removed or mail disabled. The only description of any mail enabled boxes in the 3 mailbox stores on the server are the System Attendant, SystemMailbox (with a 100...

extract low res thumbnails or save slides as small images with VBA
I’m using powerpoint 2007 and was wondering if there is a VBA to extract the low res thunbnails in slide view. I know i can save the slides as individual images of various types at 544 x 376 but i would like to save these small in size (Dimension), without having to resize them in another application such as photoshop? -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/powerpoint/201005/1 In article <a77e96e51d682@uwe>, A1k1do via OfficeKB.com wrote: > I�m using powerpoint 2007 and was wondering if there is a VBA to extract the > low res th...

Sorting messages by Subject
Somthing interesting in Outlook. When you select a message and then try to sort messages by subject by clicking on the subject column, the message you originally chose is no longer selected. It defaults to the first "sorted-by-subject" message in your inbox. THis is not he case when you sort by the From field or the Received field. The message you originally chose before the sort by these fields still remains selected. Is there any workaround to this? We have installed Office SP1. Thanks, Marita ...

password protect outlook 2003 folder w/o exchange server
Hello, Does anyone knows how can i password protect or put some kind of securtiy on my outlook 2003 folder so other who use my computer wont have excess to that folder. Thank you. - M Is would be easier top protect the PST file no? In outlook right click on PERSONAL FOLDER, go to properties / advanced / change password... Thus if anyone tries to open the PST file no matter where it is, it would require a password... HTH >-----Original Message----- >Hello, > Does anyone knows how can i password protect or put some kind of >securtiy on my outlook 2003 folde...

How can I prevent OE closing Local Folders?
After 5-6 years, I am just returning to use OE 6. I have an extensive tree structure in my Local Folders with many sub folders that I wish to keep open even when I exit the program. With Courier, which I have used all this time, that is "normal behavior": any Folder that has not been closed by myself will continue to be open when I next start up the prog. OE6 at present, however, closes _everything_ when closing the prog. Is there any way in which I can prevent this - and being spared the rather frustrating and time consuming job of re-opening all needed folders...

MAPI Failure message using 2007 word
-- JOHN HASKINS I keep getting this error message when I try to send a document from Word 2007 to my Outlook Email Client, which is my default email setup. I followed the recommended steps that help feature suggested, but that did not work by saving the document then closing and also closing Outlook, which was when word would restart it would start a new MAPI Session. No Go! What much I do. All other applications and software allow me to send to my email client except Office. ...