Outgoing mail server #2

I'm getting an 'error' message,rather i'm being timed
out;the outgoing mail server is not responding. What's the
solution?
0
anonymous (74722)

Exchange server shut down... now have problems with .ost
I worked for a startup that, unfortunatly, ran out of funding at the 11th hour when a critical investor pulled out. I was using my laptop to connect to their outsorced Exchange server, which was terminated. I switched to my Personal .pst data file and removed the Exchange server .ost connection... losing my calanders, archived files, etc. in the process. However, I am still getting error messages from my rules and alerts that were associated with the .ost file and a message from Outlook that there are unsent emails in my Outbox, although there are none in my Personal .pst file (which is set...

Max clinet change to Cache mode per server
Hi, we have 2 Exchange 2003 a-p Cluster on Unisys ES7000 with 9000 mailboxes on each cluster. The Clients work with Outlook XP. We plan a Rollout of Outlook 2003 SP2 with activated Cache Mode. Our Offline Adressbook has abaout 10 MB and one Mailbox a average space of 35 MB. Now my question, how much client can rolled out parallel that the download of the mailbox content has only small impact to the Exchange Server performance ? Has anybody some experiences in this case Thank you Ingo ...

How can I insert a cell reference in a footer (eg for variable foo #2
Any ideas on how to do this? I'm trying to create a template with the doc reference number in the footer However, I'm trying to avoid users having to edit the footer (because this just wont get done). Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) With ActiveSheet .PageSetup.LeftFooter = .Range("A1").Text End With End Sub This code should go in the ThisWorkbook code module. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "wngg001" <wngg001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A0F9D9E-269F-45CF-A6E3...

Test Mail...Please Ignore #2
Testing NNTP Client, Please ignore message Thanks ...

Junk E-Mail Lists Error in Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003
I have seen several people post about this error message that comes up in Outlook, but so far I haven't seen anyone respond. I am running an Exchange 2003 server with SP1 and my client is Outlook 2003. I installed IMF a few weeks ago, and it appears that this message started soon afterwards. I have now uninstalled IMF, but am still receiving the message. My end users are getting frustrated, as am I. There also appears to be an error in the IMF deployment guide about adding a registry key to increase the list size in Exchange. It states to "right click System", but there is n...

Blank body on E-mails received with signature and attachment
When I get an e-mail that has an attachment and a signature, either the message body will be blank or the body will have text but the signature will not appear in the body. There will be a .txt file along with the attachment which is probably the signature but when I click on it I get "access is denied". Are there settings that will allow the signature to be displayed in the body of the text? The sender is using Eudora 7. Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you&#...

PibotTable(OLE server)
I'm using MS Access 2003 and doing homework about Pivottable. When I select Query that I would like to create Pivottable. There is a message shows" The connection with the OLE server was lost, or the OLE server encountered an error while you were using it. Restart the OLE server, and then try the operation again." I don't know what the OLE server is and how to restart? If you knows, please help Thanks On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 20:23:01 -0700, TT <TT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Not sure exactly what happened, but your query likely included an "OLE Object"...

DDE Server does not free user objects on dual core CPUs
We have written a dde server in VC++ 6.0 using DDEML (called "server.exe" in the following text). When a dde client disconnects it sometimes happens that (probably due to timing problems?) the amount of user objects of the client as well as of the server.exe increases. As long as the server is running on single core CPU we could create a workaround by setting the thread priority of the server.exe to lowest priority. When we run the server.exe on hyperthreaded or dual core CPUs this workaround refuses to work. If hyperthreading is switched off, everthing works fine. When using ...

What firewall ports to open to manage server through ESM?
Hi, Got 2 Exchange 2003 servers (in separate RGs) which are connected via WAN and separated by Firewalls. What are the Firewall ports I need to open in order to manage the remote Exchange server, using a local ESM? TIA, Shel Shel: I don't know the answer, but why can't you use Remote Desktop Connection (port 3389) for this? From my experience, it is at least 10x faster than directly using ESM or ADUC and works great even over 56k dial-up to a VPN. Regards, Martin "Shel" <shel@msnews.forum.com> wrote in message news:OJlNgOwcEHA.1644@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > H...

Drop down menu #2
Is is possible when you have a drop down menu, to have excel short list the menu as you type in more charcaters of the text. For example a have a list of several hundred customers. I start inputting the first few letters of the customers name, I would like that list of several hundred to be shortened to only include thaise customers that begin with the letters I have typed in. Thanks Think this previous post by Debra Dalgleish would be of help: "Although data validation doesn't support autocomplete, there's a sample file here that provides a combobox from which you can se...

Windows Mail recovering messages
I need to reinstall Vista so what is the best way to save/recover existing mail messages/settings? See www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx You need to backup the message store and the relevant registry keys. Then, once reinstalled, just replace the location of the message store and merge the registry keys. Then before starting Winmail make sure the "Store Root" value in the registry correctly lists the location of the message store and if so then start Winmail and it should work fine, except you will have to put in your passwords again. steve "Therealdaddydo" ...

Associated external Account #2
Dear all, Just got some of our exch2k users migrated to another org exch2k3. Found that associated external account rights which never seen before in 2k. Wish to know the purpose of this account and when is the best time to use it. Please help and thousand thanks. regards Granting Access to External Accounts http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/WorkingE2k3Store/8c4befe3-3815-4b6b-a759-1e5a2878499d.mspx -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "Elton Seng Yan Thung" <sengy01@pd.jaring.my> wrote in message news:enFBAvpwFHA...

virus scanning #2
I really get prompted for "requesting virus scan", and I don't know ho to disable it; the warning is located beside ready, in Excel bar -- Gerbati ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Gerbatin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1523 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27651 What antivirus software do you use? I think/hope the solution will involve a setting that you can toggle in that program. (maybe you missed an option???) The antivirus program doesn't have t...

2 questions about Exchange Server 2000
1. How, or where, do I find out where Service Pack level I have installed? I see that I downloaded SP3, but I can't tell if it was ever installed. 2. Clients have Outlook 2000. Inbox is open. Last message is selected. No new mail. Then, if you click on a different message, you get the "new mail has arrived..." message. It seems to only deliver new mail when you change messages. Any thoughts? 1. In Exchange System Manager, highlight the Servers container. It should show you all servers in the right pane along with their service pack level. 2. Sounds like something is b...

Turn data #2
Is there a way to turn the data in an Excel spreadsheet so that what is on the top is now on the side and what is on the side is now on top? I need to export my spreadsheet into Access but, I can't get it to format correctly in its current orientation. ~Make a backup copy of your data to work from (just in case, so you don't lose data) ~Highlight the entire range of data; click >Edit >Copy ~Choose a new location, on a different sheet perhaps; click >Edit >Paste Special and select the Transpose box; click OK Does that do it for you? thank you so much. You are a genius...

Only 1 taskbar button when i open 2 excel documents
Hi all. When i open 2 excel documents i have only 1 taskbar button on the taskbar even though i did not choose the option to group similar taskbar buttons under taskbar properties. Hence when i want to switch between the 2 documents i need to go to window and select them. Hence how do i solve this so that i can have 2 taskbar buttons of the excel documents on the taskbar? Thks in advance. Tools>Options>View, check Windows In taskbar -- HTH Bob Phillips "inenewbl" <inenewbl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F715432-2EB2-47AC-B737-56D63F37537A@mi...

Pivot Table fields #2
Is there a way to format multiple pivot table fields at one time and have them refresh that way, rather than having to select each column and choose the format options? Thanks CLou: I think the solution for you is to open the Pivot Table Toolbar and select the Field Settings icon. This sets the format for all results for that particular field. One limitation that I haven't found a way around is getting a preferred column size to "stick" and not reset after a table refresh. Bruce >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to format multiple pivot table fields at ...

Business Cards #2
I am trying to create business cards using Microsoft Publisher 2002 on XP. Where would I find the template for Avery 8397, or for any of the Avery business card products. In page setup, select business cards, click Change copies per sheet and adjust the margins to fit your template. Avery has blank templates for downloading, choose Cards, there will be a list to select from. Your number was not among them but generally business cards are pretty much alike. http://www.avery.com/us/Main?action=software.BlankTPLHierarchy&catalogcode=WEB01&node=0 -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.mi...

external mail
We have one exchange organization with two exchange servers. The e2k is the master and the 1st exchange in the organization and we installed the e2k3 as a member of this exchange organization. Both exchange server has a public IP with an A Record and a MX Record with the e2k having the lower MX. In the Routing Group, there is a connector that route out-going email with the e2k being the bridge head server for the entire organization. The configuration of the connector has the e2k with the address space of * and a cost of 1. As I understand it, the E2K3 should be able to handle mail...

How to highlight the mail was sent by bcc
How to highlight the mail was sent by bcc? anyway is acceptable, ex: move them into a special folder, or make the mail up a color, or add a flag with is .....etc. Please share a way to do management of bcc mail. Thanks kuotaiyi wrote: > How to highlight the mail was sent by bcc? > > anyway is acceptable, ex: move them into a special folder, or make > the mail up a color, or add a flag with is .....etc. > > Please share a way to do management of bcc mail. Out of curiousity, do you mean highlight it to the person receiving the email or highlight to the person sending ...

Can not create Matrix Item please Help RMS 2.0
RMS 2.0 Can not create Matrix Item please Help When trying to create any new items I receive error message This is the message (-2147217864) Row Cannot be located for updating. Some values may have been change since it was last read. Manger still creates standard items but still receives message with out this number in message -2147217864 ...

Deleting over-large outgoing mail
I accidentially attached a 6 MB file to a mail item that was to go out on my Hotmail account. Now that it's in the outbox, Hotmail won't take it (it's too large) and I can't delete it (permission denied). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, J. Create a new .pst file and make it the default. Close and reopen Outlook. Go into your outbox and delete the message. Close the new .pst file. Close and reopen Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my pers...

default mail format based on domain
Greetings - After 20_ years of Eudora and Thunderbird (in that order), I'm looking at Outlook for the first time (we're moving to an Exchange backend, so...worth a look, for obvious reasons). In Thunderbird, if I want to set a default HTML format for emails sent to a certain domain, I can specify that. For any other domain(s), plain text. Is there an easy way to do that in Outlook (I'm using 2007)? Basically, I want emails sent to my enterprise domain (i.e., my place of employment) to be in HTML or perhaps RTF, but mail sent to other domains to be plain text only. Again, I want ...

Merging mass e-mails between word and Outlook (XP)
When sending a mass e-mail from Word to Outlook, a message appears stating that 'another program is trying to automatically send e-mails' You choose 'Allow access for 10 minutes' and click OK Then, a similiar message appears for each of the e-mails being sent. You need to click Yes for each of the e- mails. I have tried adjusting security levels with no luck. Any ideas?? ...

Macro Recorder #2
I have a very basic question( I think). When you are recording a Macro how do you stop and then restart where you left off? For example I have a repetitive task that moves columns from one spreadsheet to another. The problem is that there are about 40 columns I am required to move. As I record the macro can it be stopped and then restarted if I have to close Excel and return later? I can't find the answer to my question documented anywhere. Thank You, Greg You can stop it, but when you start again it will create a new subprocedure, you can go in and copy/paste the second after the firs...