Hi there,

Can anyone help me?Everytime I try to send an email these
error messages pop up and I have no idea what to do;

The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify that you
have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'POP3',
Server: 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No,
Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

The host 'POP3' could not be found. Please verify that you
have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'POP3',
Server: 'POP3', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL):
No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

I have checked server name and everything seems to be in
order. I have tried trouble shooting help on microsoft.com
but the page I need doesn't want to work and keeps telling
me that I've entered the URL incorrect (even though it's a
link from thier site!).I have checked for viruses too!
Please help me it's driving me crazy!!
Thanks folks,
Sarah-Jane x
0
anonymous (74722)

I am having the same problem, I can't send email, if you
find a fix please post it.

0
anonymous (74722)
8/7/2004 3:02:36 PM
Hi Sarah ,
Check if this link helps you
http://www.tiscali.co.uk/help/email/oe_errors_0x800ccc0e.html

"Sarah-Jane" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi there,
>
> Can anyone help me?Everytime I try to send an email these
> error messages pop up and I have no idea what to do;
>
> The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify that you
> have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'POP3',
> Server: 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No,
> Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D
>
> The host 'POP3' could not be found. Please verify that you
> have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'POP3',
> Server: 'POP3', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL):
> No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D
>
> I have checked server name and everything seems to be in
> order. I have tried trouble shooting help on microsoft.com
> but the page I need doesn't want to work and keeps telling
> me that I've entered the URL incorrect (even though it's a
> link from thier site!).I have checked for viruses too!
> Please help me it's driving me crazy!!
> Thanks folks,
> Sarah-Jane x

0
SunilPinto (20)
8/8/2004 7:00:42 AM
Sarah-Jane <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Can anyone help me?Everytime I try to send an email these
> error messages pop up and I have no idea what to do;
>
> The host 'SMTP' could not be found.

The SMTP and POP servers should be fully quaified domain names.  That is,
they should be something like "smtp.yourisp.net" and "pop.yourisp.net".  Are
they fully qualified?
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16051)

Outlook blocking attachments
I am running Outlook 2000 and when I recieve an email with a .bat or .exe extension it blocks the attachment. How is that turned off so the attachments can be delivered? Thanks, Dan Dan wrote: > I am running Outlook 2000 and when I recieve an email with > a .bat or .exe extension it blocks the attachment. How is > that turned off so the attachments can be delivered? > > Thanks, > Dan try here: http://www.slovaktech.com/attachmentoptions.htm ...

Using expression builder object
Hi, I'm developing a wizzard in Access which builds import templates for various data sources to a fixed set of tables. In step 3 the users must be able to build an expression ; for instance Left([Fieldx],20) . Now I would like to have a command button on my form which calls the Access expression builder to allow the users to use this to build the expression. This expression will then be stored in a text box linked to the templates table. Anybody know how to call and use this object from VBA code? -- Kind regards Noëlla DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdInvokeBuilder I th...

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Recieve Mail Before Sending

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Crash on 'Send"