outbound e-mail goes to outbox first

We have just had one of our computers serviced to 'close'
a door that was open and loading us up with viruses.
After bringing the cpu back and reconnecting, we went to
e-mail and everything I send out goes to the outbox first
and then I have to 'send/receive' from the outbox which
is time consuming and annoying.  Is there anyone out
there that can give a 'not highly computer literate'
person a helping hand?

What version of Outlook?

--
PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~
  -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)

"candestours@cox.net" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have just had one of our computers serviced to 'close'
> a door that was open and loading us up with viruses.
> After bringing the cpu back and reconnecting, we went to
> e-mail and everything I send out goes to the outbox first
> and then I have to 'send/receive' from the outbox which
> is time consuming and annoying.  Is there anyone out
> there that can give a 'not highly computer literate'
> person a helping hand?

0
patrickareed (498)
3/3/2004 7:36:25 PM
microsoft outlook 2002

If you select Tools | Send/Receive | Define Send/Receive Groups, what
settings or schedule do you have for sending and receiving?

Also, how long have you waited before you've manually performed a
send/receive? If you check Tools | Options | Mail Setup, do you have the
option to send messages immediately checked?

--

> microsoft outlook 2002

0
patrickareed (498)

Within domain mail going to Junk Email on some users?
Hi Everyone, I have a weird situation, not sure if Exchange is causing it or if Outlook is. When certain users email others within our single domain, their mail goes directly to the recipient's junk email folder? Any thoughts as to why? No Rules are causing it that I can see... Thanks! On Thu, 5 Jan 2006 06:01:02 -0800, "Ken Montgomery" <KenMontgomery@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi Everyone, > >I have a weird situation, not sure if Exchange is causing it or if Outlook >is. > >When certain users email others within our single domain, t...

How do spam mails come to new users' mailboxes
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_003F_01C6FD9B.C49FC100 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable One of my technicians asked me this question. We just created a new email address for a new user. Before the user = sends any emails out, she receives 7 spam emails in her first day. Why? Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on = http://www.ChicagoTech.net=20 How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on = http://www.HowToNetworking.com ------=...

I can't see pictures attached in my mail, I have to save than see
when I get a picture file as an attachment I cant see in in the message like in outlook express I looked in all the options couldn't find a way to do that I am using outlook now This is an excel news group. You will be more likely to get a response posting in microsoft.public.outlook.general Regards Rowan Hosam Khalaf wrote: > when I get a picture file as an attachment I cant see in in the message like > in outlook express > I looked in all the options couldn't find a way to do that > I am using outlook now ...

If a user delete a mail....how do i get it back?
Hi all I have a exch2003 + outlook2003 setup. i have a issue where a user deleted a mail and from Deleted items also. I tried to lg onto OWA and recover it from there but was unable to do so because it was 7-10 days back. is there anything i can do in exchange to keep message e.g 30 days after it has been deleted. Thank you for your ideas. Search for "deleted item retention" in Exchange Help. - Jason "MSExchange2003Student" <exchangestudent@newsgroups.com> wrote in message news:%23jXF4C5bHHA.4632@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hi all > > I have a exch...

Sent e-mails stuck in "Outbox"
I can click "Send/Receive" but e-mails are not moved from Outbox to Sent Items, even though I discover they have been sent (it can take several sends before it moves into Outbox). Does anyone have a solution to this? Thanks, Adam Page, UK. Adam, I'm having the same problem. If you find an answer please email me. Thanks, Dave >-----Original Message----- >I can click "Send/Receive" but e-mails are not moved from >Outbox to Sent Items, even though I discover they have >been sent (it can take several sends before it moves into >Outbox). > >Do...

make the first page smaller
Haw can i make the fist page not so broad as page 3 and 4? In <4BEA43EF-2808-4BA2-B21C-A91A0ED0A9A2@microsoft.com> svende wrote: > Haw can i make the fist page not so broad as page 3 and 4? > Can't handle different size pages in same doc. make it the same size then trim it later. oh...page 1 can not be smaller than page 2 unless they are on different piece of paper (normally p2 is on back of p1). ...

Printing the first two rows as headers.
I would like to have the first two rows print at the top of every page of my print out. I know this is a basic function, yet I can not seem to find it in the help function. Could someone please post how to do this /AND/ tell me what key words to put in the search/help function that would show the answer as well. Thanks Michael -- J. Michael Morse michael@stignatius.cc <mailto:michael@stignatius.cc> St. Ignatius <C:/Parish%20Administration/Graphics/Bulletin/Ignatius2C.jpg> "Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier." - Mother Teresa Hi ...

Change Full name format to First Last Middle ??
Hi, need to set the name format to First Last Middle but the CRM setting do not cater for that. can anyone assist in the setting? is it possible to add that option in? Thanks in advance On Feb 14, 1:25 pm, dreamerz <dream...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > > need to set the name format to First Last Middle > but the CRM setting do not cater for that. > can anyone assist in the setting? > is it possible to add that option in? > > Thanks in advance Hi, i m someone working on MS CRM from its first version. if u need any help on MS CRM, u can contact me...

Allow Mail Relay Possible?
Hi there, A customer of ours has a bonafide mail list of about 35000 customers (Golf Resort) and they have been sending mails through Exchange for some time. We now want to be able to allow them to send mail to this list using our SBS 2003 Exchange Server. I remember seeing an article a while ago describing just that. Did a search but did not get the article (it was an SBS article). Can anyone help with this issue? Dan This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0083_01CADC84.C69CA970 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Co...

Recently I can not receive some emails, mostly from yahoo mail
I can not receive some emails from friends, mostly from YAHOO mail. Do you know anything about this? Are the friends getting the messages returned to them? If so, what does the returned message give as a reason? Otherwise check your Junk folder in Windows Live Mail program as well as the Junk/Spam/Trash, etc. folder via web mail for your mail service. -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "JP" <JP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E8631153-ED09-45CD-BA09-9C812C5E5478@microsoft.com... > I can not receive some emails from friends, mo...

can't receive incoming mail on 2003 exchange server from outside of organization
I have a 2003 Win server running 2003 exchange server. I can send and receive mail for internal users, but can only send mail to external sources. Can't receive mail from outside of organization. Can anyone help? Public DNS MX records set up properly? Check it out at www.dnsreport.com . Recipient policy set up to handle mail for your domain, with all mailboxes getting 'stamped' with the right e-mail addresses on the domain? Firewall have port 25 open, and if you run NAT, have you forwarded port 25 traffic to the internal IP of the Exchange server? eloise wrote: > I have a 2...

Outbound Messages Delayed
I am using windows XP, Office Pro with Outlook 2002 and my Hotmail account. Lately, all of my outbound messages are taking 2+ days to be received by the recipients. I sent out a bunch of emails on Monday and people are just now receiving them today. Why in the world are they not going through immediately? Someone please help me figure out what is going on. Thank you very much. ...

Mail merge problems
When I merge my excel info into my word document the date is automatically reformatted to dd/mm/yy. I have it formatted as Wednesday, October 29, 2003 (ie). How do I get the information to merge exactly as is into my letter. I am getting a headache trying tofigure it out. It looks right in my document but merges wrong. I tried to confirm conversion at set up and click DDE etc...and I can't establish a connection. Is there another way around this that I am missing? Please help, Amber Amber, It is the format of the merged field in MS Word document that is important, not the Excel fi...

My Outlook Mail won't load
Hi. Can somebody respond? When I open Outlook and try to read my mail, nothing will load. I keep getting window asking me to enter my network password (I'm not on a network), under pop.bizmail.yahoo.com, which is pre-filled out and I'm supposed to enter a password in the field under pop.bizmail.yahoo.com. Help and thanks. cathie wrote: > Hi. Can somebody respond? When I open Outlook and try to read my mail, > nothing will load. I keep getting window asking me to enter my network > password (I'm not on a network), under pop.bizmail.yahoo.com, which i...

Intelligent Message filter update problem with Junk e-mail folder
I've recently installed Intelligent Message filter on my front end server. All appeared to be working OK, so I went ahead, updated the server with the IMF update and restarted the server. Inbound external messages are now assigned an SCL rating upon delivery on the front end server, but ALL messages seem to be being sent to the Outlook Junk e-mail Outlook folder when SCL rating is above that of 0 and 1. My delivery and junk e-mail settings are both set to 8 under Global Settings - Delivery, but messages are automatically being moved to Junk e-mail folder if they are greater tha...

MAil delivery to YAHOO takes along time
Hi, I posted a message yesterday about a problem i was facing when users send to Yahoo accounts. This issue has improved slightly but I still have a problem. My probem now, is that mail gets to yahoo, but not until the next day (or so it seems). This ones really buggin me as i other mail gets to its destination instantly. Any help would be greatly appreciated :-) Thanks Dave "Dave Crozier" <mdcrozier@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I posted a message yesterday about a problem i was facing when users send to >Yahoo accounts. > >This issue has improve...

Sending e-mail in office 2003
Hi! Before I upgraded my Office and Outlook to 2003, I was able to send active document using e-mail from Excel, PPT, Word programs. Since the update, I get the following error message: Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Office Outlook and set it as the default mail client. I already have Outlook as the default mail client. Also, I am able to send the e-mail from other programs (like Adobe Acrobat, etc.) but not from any of the Office programs. Any clues? thank you, Prashant. -- Powerpoint is ...

CANNOT RECEIVE MAILS ON 2ND SMTP DOMAIN
Hi there all, I have created a 2nd smtp domain in Exchange 2003 thru Receipent policies and rebooted both front end and back end boxes. Sending mails internally to the new domain works like a breeze. However i cannot receive external mails to this new smtp domain. I have triple checked everything 2 be sure its okay. More so i used IIS Metabase explorer to view LM/SMTPSVC/1/Domain key and all two domains plus an * are listed there , making three keys under the domain key. Please someone kindly help out. All MX records have been done too. Kind regards <Yadasa@gmail.com> wrote in mes...

Forward mails
My boss wants to see all mails flowing in and out of certain email-id's.Is there any configuration which can be done in the outlook , that boss receives the mails and others are not aware of that feature.The users should not be able to cancel this option. -- jani Dear, If you are using MS-Exchange it can be easily done. -- (Please respond to this question Was this post helpful to you?) Hope this helps you more Regards APK "Jiji" wrote: > My boss wants to see all mails flowing in and out of certain email-id's.Is > there any configuration which can be done in ...

Rule to forward e-mail but only between certain hours of the day
Is there anyway to get an Outlook rule in Exchange to forward e-mails received during certain hours of the day. E.g. only e-mails received at the weekend. Either using regular Exchange or with an add-in to Exchange. Ideally I would like the solution to forward only certain fields from the e-mail. Thanks. ...

Junk mail in Exchange queue with no sender
I am bombarded each day with over 300 junk msgs sitting in the Exchange 5.5 outbound queue. They have a null sender field. I assume that they are spyware/cookies trying to report home, but the addresses aren't making it anymore. Sure, I can (and will) try to get spyware cleaned up on all user mailboxes, but in general, surely there's something simple I'm missing to eliminate this trash???? TIA Steve If the originator column shows <>, then it's an NDR from Exchange. It's probably trying to send NDR's to domains that sent you invalid emails. -- This posting is p...

Can exchange grab ISP e-mail?
I am implementing an Exchange server into a new network. This is a basicaly a brand new setup and currently a large amount of users have e-mail through an ISP. I want them to be able to get their ISP e-mail via there exchange account. So in theory there exchange account would receive the e-mail and the end-user would only need to log onto their exchange box. Then after a few months we can finaly be rid of the ISP's e-mail. Is this possible or am I going to have to set up everyone to use both their exchange account and their ISP account until we decide to can the ISP e-mail? On ...

Adding Pictures/Web Pages to E-mail Template
I have a html newsletter I'd like to send out with MS-CRM. It was created with Publisher and saved as a single page html file. It contains graphics and text. Is there a way I can create a CRM E-mail template which will allow me to send out graphics that are displayed in the body of my e-mail? Thanks The way to do this is to first put your html page up on your web site - can be tucked away in a fodler on its own if you dont want people to go straight to it. Once you've got the page up there so it can be viewed over the net then: 1. Browse to the page in IE 2. Select all on p...

e-mail address change
Please note that my email address has changed to: johnbardsley@cfl.rr.com "John Bardsley" <johnbardsley@cfl.rr.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:OagKz3zdIHA.5348@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Please note that my email address has changed to: > > johnbardsley@cfl.rr.com ...

First timer and it shows
I have just set up server 2003, exchange 2003, sql 2000 all on the same box. I installed mscrm and whenever i try to run the workflow manager or add a user i get the specified ms crm is not responding........... When i try to access through a browser i get a -user access error. the logged on user is either not a ms crm user, disabled in system, has not been assigned any security roles, or has not been assigned a license. I can see the last being a reason, but i have set up my acct through AD and i am an administrator. Not even sure where i am supposed to get the license. I am an action pa...