Out of Office Subsequent Rules?

Hi, I've created a couple of Out of Office rules (Exchange 2000 Server and
Outlook 2003) and am having trouble with the subsequent rules action. I need
to have mail that is sent to me when I'm out of the office forwarded to my
Blackberry phone (yes, I know there is a Blackberry server to do this but
for just one user that's over the top) APART from when messages contain
attachments.

So I have created the first rule in the order list that says when any mail
arrives that has attachments, move it to a specific mail folder (so I can
deal with it later) and NOT TO PROCESS SUBSEQUENT RULES.

The second rule is the one that therefore should 'fire' when any mail that
arrives without attachments and forwards the mail to my Blackberry.

The problem is that although the first rule moves the mail to the specified
folder, then second rule still fires.

Anyone any ideas please?

Cheers

David Smith

David Smith <david.smith@lonsdale.co.uk> wrote:

> So I have created the first rule in the order list that says when any
> mail arrives that has attachments, move it to a specific mail folder
> (so I can deal with it later) and NOT TO PROCESS SUBSEQUENT RULES.
>
> The second rule is the one that therefore should 'fire' when any mail
> that arrives without attachments and forwards the mail to my
> Blackberry.
>
> The problem is that although the first rule moves the mail to the
> specified folder, then second rule still fires.

Could you show us what the rules actually say?
--
Brian Tillman
0
David Smith <david.smith@lonsdale.co.uk> wrote:

> Well, the first rule - the one that is supposed to filter messages
> with attachments just says :
>
> with the advanced page looking like :

I don't see that condition in the OOA rules at all.  Don't you want the
check box "Only items with attachments" on the Advanced page of the OOA
wizard?
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Out of Office Assistant #27
We are using out of office assistant and it is working correctly when a message is sent from out intranet but when a message originates from the internet, there is not a message sent back to the sender. We are using Microsoft Exchange and Proxy Server. "Les" <les@columbusbrick.com> wrote in message news:0f1b01c3d9ed$1a637cb0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > We are using out of office assistant and it is working > correctly when a message is sent from out intranet but > when a message originates from the internet, there is not > a message sent back to the sender. We are ...

Cannot run office in Snow Leopard
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have been trying to get office to run under snow leopard and have not had any luck. It just hangs with" optimizing fonts..". I have tried verifying my fonts and disk permissions but it still hangs. The only way I get it to run is in safe mode. Any thoughts? On 9/1/09 9:03 AM, in article 59b7b65f.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "skfss944@officeformac.com" <skfss944@officeformac.com> wrote: > I have been trying to get office to run under snow leopard and have not had > any luck. It just hang...

out of office #33
When my remote users turn on their out of office - a message is sent only if an internal users sends an email to this address. If an external user sends an email, they do not get the out of office message. My remote users are using office 2003 over vpn. Does any know why this is happening or how I can change it? Thanks, Jen jen <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When my remote users turn on their out of office - a > message is sent only if an internal users sends an email > to this address. If an external user sends an email, they > do not get the out...

Out of Office
I am an Exchange admin and need to set an Out of Office on a large number of mailboxes. My question is, "Is there a way of setting Out of Office without individually opening the mailbox". We are running Exchange 5.5 with Outlook 2000 clients Thank you Since the Out of Office configuration is a client configuration, I would have to guess no unless someone has a script that can change a closed program. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without...

Office 2004 Install quits after accepting license agreement
Hi. I got Office 2004 Student Edition for my kids, who both have Powerbooks. I installed it on one without any problem. When I try to install it on the other, I can start the installation program, get to where the window pops up where you "Accept" the license agreement, but when I click on "Accept" the window whole installation window disappears and nothing else happens. This is a Powerbook Ti 667MHz, 1Gb memory, about 30Gb free disk space. I've run the Disk Utility to clean up permissions. I also tried the 2nd install method, where you just drag it to the Applicatio...

Outlook Rules Wizard Modifications ?
Dear All: I'm using Outlook 2000 on Win 2000. I'm getting some messages ( ie not spam) deleted with the rules wizards that should not be deleted. There are basically two ways that I see to set up Rules Wizards for auto deletes. A: The menu under tools provides a custom interface for setting up numerous options for defining the very specific rules to delete or store the various messages. The list of rules is then visible and can be modified or changed etc. B: Under "organize" there is also an option to right click on a message and handle a mess...

C# working with office tools
I am planning to generate 8 to 15 reports in sql server report server 2008. I want to create the 8 to 15 separate sql server reports and tie them together with a table of contents in a c#.net 2008. I then want to export these reports into an electronic format to email to users. Can you give me suggestions on how to accomplish this task? On 20/03/2010 18:15, Wendy Elizabeth wrote: > I am planning to generate 8 to 15 reports in sql server report server 2008. > I want to create the 8 to 15 separate sql server reports and tie them > together with a table of contents i...

Microsoft Office Button I cannot find the
I cannot find the Program Name Options when I select Microsoft Office Button. It is not there. How do I get it? Do you get something like the picture shown at the link <http://jtanna.tripod.com/Word_Options_is_here.pdf> when you click on Office button? If so then "Program Name Option" means anything you are working on. It could be "Word Options", "Excel Options" etc etc as shown in the picture. Please let us know if this is what you meant. Richard LeBlanc wrote: > I cannot find the Program Name Options when I select Micros...

Synchronisation Between Handspring Treo and Outlook in Office XP
I recently upgraded to Office XP. Previously, I had had few problems synchronizing between my Handspring Treo (PocketMirror)and Outlook. Since upgrading however, I continually get "The default Outlook profile has changed. If you continue, a Recovery synchronization will be performed possibly causing duplication of items." Please advise what I need to do. I've updated to PocketMirror 3.1.6 Check with Chapura support - they may have something on their support pages about this. It's not an Outlook error message. Trevor Parry wrote: > I recently upgraded to Offic...

out of office reply #3
Hi! When users are out of office, I instruct them to configure the "out of office" option on their web mail options page. The problem is, the out of office message is not delivered to recipients out of my domain (pexim.com.mk). If the recipient is from my domain, the "out of office" message is delivered successfully. I am using MS Exchange Server 2003. How can I resolve this problem? Thanx...... Hi, Verify this setting: 1- Open system Manager 2- Global Settings / Internet Message Format / Properties of Default / Tab advanced / Select "Allow out-of-office resp...

Office 2004 for Mac Test Drive removal
My daughter's Macbook recently crashed and the hard drive was replaced. She tried to install her Office 2004 for Mac full version (a legal copy with a legit product key) without removing the Test Drive version and now neither will work. I have removed the full version so I can go back and remove the Test Drive version, but when I click on the "remove office" icon in the Office 2004 for Mac Test Drive folder in Applications, the pink icon appears for a second in the Mac tool bar at the bottom of the screen and nothing else happens. Basically, I double clik the application and i...

Importing Rules
Does anyone know how to import rules from a PST file into a new PST file? Outlook 2003, XP. Export them first from the old pst. Tools-> Rules and Alerts-> button Options-> button Export... -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Howard Kroymann" <hkroymann@1stsales.com> wrote in message news:6d1a01c4942a$52a9e620$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to import rules from a PST file into > a new PST file? Outlook 2003...

Rules Integration With Office Communicator
Hi all, I have seen all kinds of Outlook add-ons designed to forward emails and reminders to a cell phone. Outlook has good integration with Office Communicator. Is there a was to have an instant message I receive when I am AWAY forwarded to my cell phone sms address via a rule? Thanks! -- mattdaddym http://forums.slipstick.com ...

Public folder rules
We have an Exchange 2000 server that intermittently does not execute forward rules in public folders. Other rules as delete work all the time. By dismounting the public store and run isinteg.exe -s <server> -fix -test allfoldertests,allacltests -l <logfile> the rules start working again. The fix will usually find like 3 errors and fix them. Starting test 2 of 3, 'Folder' Fix: Folder 7 (Fid=0001-000000000009) "Internal": Folder property ptagSubmittedCount(67820003): Calc(40028) <> Prop(32648), Fixed it. Fix: Folder 12 (Fid=0001-00000000000E) "ReplSendF...

Office Links
Hello, I have a simple report which has a field which come from a memo field. In the report all is good. All the data appear. However, when i use the OfficeLinks, 'Analyze it with Microsoft Office Excel' and it does the transfer, the memo field gets truncated. Why? Is there a simple fix or do I need to perform an export on the underlying query? Thank you, QB Hi QB, Yes, you will need to export the underlying query: Memo field is truncated when you output a report to excel http://support.microsoft.com/kb/294286 While the title of this article includes "in Ac...

workflow automatic rule
Hi / Bonjour, i have a problem with the launch of my automatic rules, created with the administrator system ("restricted access" is checked...) Exemple : - creation of the rules with the administrator account (those of the installation of crm) - with another account/user, on another PC : launch of the rule, manually : OK - with another account/user, on another PC : launch of the rule, automaticaly : NOT OK for information, when i uncheck "restricted access", all is OK....it is a question of rights but... I could unckeck the "restricted access" forever but my p...

office 2007 excel
i want to customize my toolbar by adding two buttons like making a macro toolbar that has two options below it .can anyone help? Hi Thomas Take a look at Ron de Bruin's site http://www.rondebruin.nl/qat.htm -- Regards Roger Govier "thomas" <thomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4967D479-51D4-4770-8F3D-95C79FE0344B@microsoft.com... >i want to customize my toolbar by adding two buttons like making a macro > toolbar that has two options below it .can anyone help? ...

Rules and Offline Sync in OL 2003
Hi, I have problems with my client based rules in OL 2003, which used to work great in OL 2002 and before: I have a rule putting a copy of any message I send into the inbox (I want the conversation view to show both sides). This works when connected to the server, but not at all when working offline. OL2002 used to put the copy in right when I clicked "Send" (even though the message wasn't sent but put in the Outbox). Is anyone else seeing this? Any workaround? Thanks! -- Thomas Borchert, Fri, 13 Feb 2004 15:06 -0800 ...

Office 2000 and Windows XP
If I upgrade to Windows XP Home Edition, is my Microsoft Office 2000 application compatible with this operating system? Yes. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Richard Perry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06d601c4aacf$18f1aba0$a601280a@phx.gbl... | If I upgrade to Windows XP Home Edition, is my Microsoft | Office 2000 application compatible with this operating | system? OK but When I attempt to load Office I get an Error msg:" Windows files must be installed to proceed. Insert your Windows XP Professional(I have Home) CD now." I am insta...

Office 2007 Training for blind individuals
Does Microsoft have Office 2007 training for blind individuals beyond just listening to the audio on the demos? ...

Where can I download an open-document format add-in for Office 2004 for Mac?
Where can I download an open-document format add-in for Mac Office 2004? There is no such add-in, sorry. For the time being, you will need to use an application that can read ODF files, such as OpenOffice, NeoOffice, or even TextEdit (in Leopard), and save the files in a format that can be understood by Mac Office. On 19/11/2007 19:40, in article 4fd31d29-e4ff-4afb-ad53-548a84b2d56e@s36g2000prg.googlegroups.com, "amador" <albertoribas30@gmail.com> wrote: > Where can I download an open-document format add-in for Mac Office > 2004? -- Michel Bintener Microsoft MVP Off...

Message Rule
The most common request I get of users leaving the office is to selectively forward all mail from a particular company to a backup employee. It's simple to forward all mail from a specific email address, but I haven't found any way to set up a rule that fires for an entire email domain. We often need this feature, since important mail regularly comes from external users who have never *personally* mailed us before. Is there no syntax I can use in the "From" field when creating a rule that will cause that rule to fire for all email received from the specified domain?...

Outlook Rules and settings auto respond
I have recently started using outlook instead of outlook express. i run a small website and want to autorespond to some emails. when i was using outlook express this was no problem i set up an email with the details on and it sent it but now with outlook 2003 the rules do not allow this unless u use exchange server 2003 which i dont have and cant run on xp. is there any way round this ...

Can I reinstall Office 07 on a replacement computer?
Is there a limit to the number of reinstalls and how is it controlled? If it was OEM, it may NOT be transferred. If Retail, not a problem. Jag123 wrote: > Is there a limit to the number of reinstalls and how is it controlled? I have a similar problem. I know the student and home 07 can only install up to 3 PC. USED it on 3 PCS. One of those PC crashed and not working any more. would i have to purchase a new student and home product key No. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook versi...

Improving Outlook rules
Hello, I would like to use Outlook rules (especially for moving from Inbox into Personal Folders) far more frequently than I do at the moment, however don't really the "standard" rules mechanism, out of three reasons: * it's not possible to create/change rules offline * the processing of the rules takes quite some time * the maximum number of rules is limited as far as I know (30 rules?) Therefore I'm wondering if there might be a plugin for Outlook which will scan the contents of the Inbox and, according to predefined rules, will just move messages from the Inbox into ...