Out-of-office reply?

Can anyone help me?  I have Office 200 and in my Outlook,
under the "Tools" tab, I should have an out-of-office
assistant, correct?  I need to auto-reply to e-mails when
I travel for work, and I have tried the "Rule" way, and
that's just crap because it sends it as an attachment.
Does anyone know how to get an auto-reply to appear or
work correctly.  I tried what Microsoft suggested with
the calander and checking "out of the office", but that
doesn't work at all.

Thanks!
0
anonymous (74722)

Are you connected to an Exchange Server?  This function only works with
Exchange.  Otherwise, use rules but be aware that by using a rule to reply
to all mail, you will most likely confirm your address to be a "live" one to
spammers.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Mike asked:

| Can anyone help me?  I have Office 200 and in my Outlook,
| under the "Tools" tab, I should have an out-of-office
| assistant, correct?  I need to auto-reply to e-mails when
| I travel for work, and I have tried the "Rule" way, and
| that's just crap because it sends it as an attachment.
| Does anyone know how to get an auto-reply to appear or
| work correctly.  I tried what Microsoft suggested with
| the calander and checking "out of the office", but that
| doesn't work at all.
|
| Thanks!

0
MillyS9060 (3207)

Office 2004: "Paste Special" "Picture" loses 67% of the image
Is anyone else experiencing this problem: --I create a speadsheet or drawing in Excel or PowerPoint. --I select say the spreadsheet, and "copy". --Then I go to Word and "Paste Special":"Picture" and the resulting image is: -->Missing the right 2/3rd of the picture, meaning if my spreadsheet has 10 columns, the first three appear in the picture, but the next 7 are "gone". -->The "picture" is "full size" meaning that when I pull on the corner, it's not like the "missing" part comes into view. It just resi...

reply to all
when i reply to all my name is in the list of addresses - how do i configure outlook 2000 to exclude my email address when i reply to all? Hi Sofia, I've written an Outlook 2000/2002 add-in that will automatically take yourself out of the list of people you are replying to. It will also (optionally) prompt you when you do a reply to all to be sure that's what you really wanted to do. It's called Reply To All and you can find it at http://www.SperrySoftware.com/Reply-To-All-Monitor.asp. Hope this helps! Mike Sperry http://www.SperrySoftware.com Find 28 Outlook add-...

how do i download attachments with office 2003
i have uopgraded to office 2003 and cannot download any email attachments? See if the info here helps: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm "rollo" <rollo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BFF9E8BE-ECF2-4B66-8DED-992C16DA5B0D@microsoft.com... >i have uopgraded to office 2003 and cannot download any email attachments? ...

calendars in office publisher 2007
Is there a way to make all twelve pages the same as the first one or do I have to copy and paste everything to each page? All template calendars have a date range with the one page per month. If you are hoping your edits will go to the next month, it won't happen. I have found using text boxes for special events and holidays work better. Much easier to copy/paste. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "me04984" <me04984@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E88529C8-EE13-4676-881D-CB6022600B25@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to make al...

Can you instiall Publisher 2000 with other Office 2003 products?
We have some elements of Microsoft Office 2003 installed on a machine here. We want to install Publisher 2000. Are there any compatibility issues to look out for? Should we even try to install Publisher 2000 at all? bennihaha wrote: > We have some elements of Microsoft Office 2003 installed on a machine here. > We want to install Publisher 2000. Are there any compatibility issues to > look out for? Many recommend installing it in its own separate folder from the main Office installation > Should we even try to install Publisher 2000 at all? Well, if you can't get...

Office 2003 "Out of Office" template issue
Hi all--I am using Outlook 2003 SP1 on it's own (i.e. not exchange server or anything else), I know the "Out of Office" freature isn't available but a work around is to create a template (.oft) using a text editor or similar as I've done that as per the "How to emulate the Out of Office Assistant in Microsoft Outlook" (Microsoft KB311107). Here's my problem: I have 6 email addresses (all SMTP), only one email address can be set as default--that's fine, but if I setup four email addresses as 'Out of Office' for example, the auto-reply Out...

Problem Replying to Emails in Outlook 2003
I have Outlook 2003 installed on my home computer. I have verizon.net as my ISP. Starting about 5 months ago, sometimes (I would say about 1 in 3 messages) when I am replying to an email, I get the following error message: Task 'Mail Account (1) - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC78) : 'Unable to send the message. Please verify the e-mail address in your account properties. The server responded: 550 5.7.1 Authentication Required' Then my email will stay in the outbox and not be delivered. If reopen the email, "select all" to copy all the text, and create a new...

download office 2007 standard?
I purchased an office 2007 standard, but my laptop does not have a disc reader. I was told that it was a trial version that could be downloaded and then activated with my product code. I can not find this. Is there a downloadable version? If not, what else can I do? On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 05:34:01 -0700, Luddkofta wrote: > I purchased an office 2007 standard, but my laptop does not have a disc > reader. I was told that it was a trial version that could be downloaded and > then activated with my product code. I can not find this. Is there a > downloadable version? ...

How do I set Outlook to reply always in RTF?
Gurus, I have MS Outlook 2003 configured to compose messages in RTF. But when I reply, the default is to reply in the way the original message came in so if it came in HTML the reply is in HTML. How do I set Outlook to reply always in RTF? On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 23:07:39 -0400, "Spin" <Spin@spin.com> wrote: >Gurus, > >I have MS Outlook 2003 configured to compose messages in RTF. But when I >reply, the default is to reply in the way the original message came in so if >it came in HTML the reply is in HTML. How do I set Outlook to reply always >in RTF? >...

Exchange 200 and office 2003 supported?
Hi all, Maybe you can help me out? is the combination CRM 3.0 with Exchange 2000 and office 2003 supported? In the implementation guide of 1.2 it was specifically mentioned that if you had Exchange 2000 you had to have office 200 and for Exchange 2003 you had to have office 2003... I can't find anything on this in the manual from CRM 3.0.... thanx in advance..... Exchange 2000 or 2003 is supported. The Outlook client needs Office 2003 w/ SP1 or Office XP w/ SP3. You can also check out the implementation guide at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1ff067f8-4f...

Office 2010 beta clobbered my bluetooth
After installing office 2010 beta on a Thinkpad T43 with XP SP3, Bluetooth is broken. ( the Widcomm package, probably preinstalled on the factory) The BT can be turned on, is visible in device manager and so on - but any attempt to find devices fails. The error message says, unable to find local BT devices. Now I recall seeing something about BT in the Office 2010 release notes or forums, but can't find it. Be warned. --pa ...

Auto reply message without user being logged on.
Can I setup a rule that auto rplies to the sender even if the user is not logged on to the network. -- Mike C yes you can. Create a rule in outlook that replies or forwards mail to a contact. with this the administrator must also allow "automatic replies" and/or "forward to Internet", this is done i the Global Settings in ESM and the recomendation is not to allow this. /Lasse Pettersson "Mike C" <MikeC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D89A021-72E2-42C0-BD93-573E73568E24@microsoft.com... > Can I setup a rule that auto rplies to ...

Widows 7 and Student version of Office 2003
I am getting a new Windows 7 computer and like to use Outlook. The student version of 2007 does not contain Outlook and I wonder if the old 2003 version can be loaded on a Wndows 7 computer. Any thoughts out there? "Dixie500" <Dixie500@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:560CCBF8-4379-4D15-B503-34FE3CABACA4@microsoft.com... > I am getting a new Windows 7 computer and like to use Outlook. The > student > version of 2007 does not contain Outlook and I wonder if the old 2003 > version > can be loaded on a Wndows 7 computer. Any thou...

Steps needed to reply to an email message
I've used Outlook 2003 for years. All of a sudden, when i wish to replay to a message, a little blue box pops up with File, Edit, etc., none of which has anything to do with my replying to the message. Please give me the steps - step by step - to reply to a message. "dingbat" <dingbat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F7214A6-D8FE-42B0-81A1-51A89B7CFF81@microsoft.com... > I've used Outlook 2003 for years. All of a sudden, when i wish to replay to > a message, a little blue box pops up with File, Edit, etc., none of which > has...

Email in Office 2007
I have two people using this computer. Is there any way to set up email accounts in office 2007 so one Windows 7 user account person gets only their email and me, the other Windows 7 user account, gets only my emails from office 2007? The Windows 7 user accounts are set up for both of us. Office 2007 is installed but not yet active pending question above. I have tried before in Vista and both Windows users got both email accounts in Office 2007 displayed to them. Now I have upgraded to 7 and before I go to far and screw things up........ If a win user configures Outllo...

Gigantic Font
I've seen this a few times. I just received an email and I want to forward to another person. The font change to a gigantic font only in the body of the forwarded email. Why? It doesn't happen to all my inbox emails, just random ones. "Kristina" <Kristina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B073C9D7-0DFC-4ECB-985C-31DDA59B6E48@microsoft.com... > I've seen this a few times. I just received an email and I want to forward > to > another person. The font change to a gigantic font only in the body of the > forwarded email. Why? It doe...

How do I open a database in Office XP that was created in Office 2000?
I am trying to open a file that was created in Access Office 2000 on my new Office XP and it wont let me. How do I do that. You should not have any problems. Could you provide more details on 'it won't let me'? What error message do you get? -- Joan Wild Microsoft Access MVP "Christy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:012b01c3d103$475b2ad0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to open a file that was created in Access > Office 2000 on my new Office XP and it wont let me. How > do I do that. ...

office XP
Permission tab is missing in Outlook to give delegate rights to others. ...

Out of office assistant #35
When trying to open the out of office assistant I get the following errors "The out of office assistant could not be displayed, A required action was not sucessful due to an unspecified error" After clicking O.K. then I get "System resources are critically low. Close some windows The virtual memory is set to 1000mb min and max I would guess that re-installing or repairing the Outlook install will fix a corrupted or missing file. The virtual memory message is probably a red herring, though it might be worth setting the minimum pagefile size to something much smaller l...

Technet key does not work for Office 2010
I downloaded the retail version of Office 2010 from my Technet account and when I put the key in, it says invalid key. What's up? Thanks Because Office 2010 is RTM even at TechNet and no key will work. Or contact TechNet support to get same answer -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. http://www.microsoft.com/protect "lhill4804" <lhill4804@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:FF634F7C-C3F9-4D65-83A0-8CA7DA57E770@microsoft.com... >I downloaded the retail ...

How do I set up MSN emails account to Microsoft Office?
I am having a problem setting up my MSN email account to be pulled down into Microsoft 2007. I cant seem to get the server information correct. Any help? Incoming=pop3.live.com Outgoing-smtp.live.com -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "RGM" <RGM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5C03767-6BAB-4DCF-81A4-36E801EC9CCE@microsoft.com... >I am having a problem setting up my MSN email account to be pulled down into > Microsoft 2007. I cant seem to ...

Publisher 2000 that came with Office 2000 Small Business Product K
All, I know that this product is no longer supported by MS. Is there anyone out there who has the Publisher 2000 that came with Office 2000 Small Business? Would you mind sharing with me your 25 character product key? Mine never came with my original HP computer. I've since upgraded my hp to Win XP Pro and so I cannot use the recovery CDs. Can someone help me? the supervisor from MS told me to post here. He said that his product key generator cannot generate keys for expired programs. Thanks, Mundy5 Try one's 111-1111-1111 and on and on. This is what work...

is office 2003 compatible with windows 7
I have a new computer - still in box I use office 2003 student teacher edition I have the disc but is now 7 years old (all those updates since!) Can I put it on new computer? Is there a quicker way - for example norton have given me a product key to install direct from web Be grateful for help as support wants £46 to answer :( Compatible, Yes (having first uninstalled any Trial & its Activation Assistant & rebooted) Norton has got nothing to do with it, other that depending on version of Norton it can cause problems with various Office components Office 2...

MS Office Automation!
Hi All! I want to automate MS Office using MFC, so that i can open the word, powerpoint, or excel files in my application child window, and enable/disable command bars as required (client security level, whether he can edit file or not, save the file etc.). Any help regarding this will be higly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Bilal Anjum Hello! On Fri, 28 May 2004 11:54:26 +0500, Bilal Anjum wrote: > I want to automate MS Office using MFC, so that i can open the word, > powerpoint, or excel files in my application child window, and > enable/disable command bars as require...

Can I Safely and Easily Delete (non-English) Proofing Tools in Office 2004?
When first installing Office 2004, I inadvertently installed all Proofing Tools, rather than just English. Is there an easy way to safely and easily remove all non-English proofing tools? Would it be ok to just remove all the non-English files in the Proofing Tools folder? An additional approach I considered is trashing the Proofing Tools folder and then doing a custom install from the Install CD? If that would work, must I then reinstall all the incremental updaters? Or, it this just a dumb idea and not worth the effort? On 6/26/08 1:49 PM, in article 5cb4c868-8190-475b-a227-2af9c5618d3e...