Out of office reply #5

I have outlook 2002 but I appear not to have out of office
reply available to me.
0
corps (1)

I have discovered you need Microsoft Exchange that has an
auto reply wizard.  I am having the same problem.  In
Outlook you have to creat rules.  If you determine how to
write a rule to notify senders that you are Out of the
Office, would you please share it with me.  Thank you.

0
diane8955 (2)

Data on a 3.5 diskette
I realize this may be somewhat old school, but I have a problem with some data on a 3.5 diskette using WinXP. I put some personal data in a '.xls' file on a 3.5 diskette and update it every now and then. The other day when I put the disk in to enter some new data, I received the following error msg: "book1.xls" cannot be accessed. The file may be read-only, or you may be trying to access a read-only location. Or, the server the document is stored on may not be responding. My options at this point are "RETRY" or "CANCEL". I check the...

Exchange 5.5 server removal
I have completed migrating all users off of an Exchange 5.5 server (it was the first one in the site) to our new Exchange 2003 server. We still have one 5.5 server running with user mailboxes on it. What is the proper procedure for removing the first 5.5 server from the Exchange organization? The Exchange 2003 servers have a menu option for removing them, but not the 5.5 servers. Follow the steps listed in the articles given below. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822450/en-us http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324340/en-us After performing the steps in the above article dont just re...

Orphaned Exchange 5.5 Objects
Hi All, I'm having an Exchange 5.5 orphaned object problem. I've managed to re-create the problem in a test environment, which is a step in the right direction :) I have a single exchange organisation consisting of 2 sites, each site has only a single exchange server. These are connected with an x.400 connectors, with a directory connector running over the top of this. I have created a level public folder which an instance of which is replicated to the other site. This folder exists in the public information store on both sites. Each of the sites then creates sub folders under...

Encryption and Decryption with office 2007 document
Hi, I am working on VS 2005. I want to upload and download office 2007 document . below is the code giving warning whlie downloading the file. warning is saying of corruption of content . But if i click on yes it shows the file content. I don't want this warning message. Please help me. I am downloading and uploading data in chunks. Private Sub SaveWithEncrypted() If System.IO.File.Exists(Server.MapPath("~") + "/test/test1.docx") Then File.Delete(Server.MapPath("~") + "/test/test1.docx") End If Dim theStream As System.IO.Str...

Office 97 & Win2k/XP
Dear All I have posted this question before but does anyone know of a workaround to access VBA running the above combination on a PC? Alt+F11 doesn't work and of course trying to load any Excel sheet with Macros returns a NO PERMISSION dialogue. I'm not going to moan about our IT Manager because he is extremely busy with other IT Projects and he states that he has been trained in hardware and programming not software. He won't upgrade the installation on the PC because he claims that no one will use the features in the newer version of Excel (which is stopping my program running...

Getting sick of Office 2007 fatal errors...
Every so often MSWord 11 or Excel or PPoint dies upon starting the app. I have a legit Office 07 Ultimate version, installed in a new PC with Vista x64. Initially I decided to upgrade to Windows 7, but frequent freezes continue to happen. All products are updated. Usually the killer is the ** ntdll.dll ** module. Any MS brilliant idea? This is my last error event: Log Name: Application Source: Application Error Date: 5/14/2010 8:36:31 PM Event ID: 1000 Task Category: (100) Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: ...

Office:Mac 2004
I did a complete clean install on my Mac first to Tiger, then an upgrade to Leopard. I then installed all my applications. Everything seems to work; however, in my Applications Folder, Microsoft Office 2004, Office Folder I have an English Dictionary and an English Dictionary 2. How did that happen? Can I delete the "2" safely? No. Leave it there. In general, messing with your Applications folder is not a good idea, especially for big complex programs such as the Office suite. In particular, most of the stuff in the Applications/Office 2004/Office folder is used to keep Office ...

Error in exporting to Excel from BP/Office Web Comps are Installed
Hello: In Business Portal 4.0 on a Vista Business machine with Office 2007, I get an error when trying to export a query to Excel. The message says, literally, that the file that it is trying to create cannot be found on the user's desktop. I'd like to say to it, "Hey, no kidding.....that's because I need you to create the file first!". I have already installed the Office Web Components on the machine. I had gotten an error, originally, about Office Web Components. But, once I installed, that error went away. Any ideas on this new error? childofthe1980s ...

reply Mailto: Subject: eqaul to original mail
Hi, I am trying to do what voting buttons do BUT I have items to be ticked in the mail that went out to rate the content of the mail. Typically a rating might be from 1 to 10 so that the displayed text will be "3", The mail will be to me, the subject must be "3" PLUS the original mail's Subject, The body can be blank. "mailto:me@myaddress.com?subject="1" "original mails subject" <-- ????? Thnaks & Regards -- erichv http://forums.slipstick.com Simply add the subject to the link as well. You can also custom...

Out of Office Assitant Missing!!! Anyone got info on this?
My "Out of Office Assitant" is missing and the "Help" menu is not of any help. I'm using Windows XP. I know I've used it in the past on this computer but now it is nowhere to be found. Any suggestions? Thanks, Celtic Dog Dear Celtic, If your Outlook on this computer is not connected to an Exchange Server, then there will be no Out of Office Assistant. The Out of Office Assistant is only available in "networked" versions of Outlook. Bob Sullivan "Celtic Dog" wrote: > My "Out of Office Assitant" is missing and the "He...

Updates to Office v.x
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Are there any updates to Office? I have a computer lab that is running it (we can't afford 2008 yet) and I need to know if there will be any future problems. Is MS supporting v.x any more? In article <59b765f3.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, <davidwick@officeformac.com> wrote: > Are there any updates to Office? I have a computer lab that is running it (we > can't afford 2008 yet) and I need to know if there will be any future > problems. Is MS supporting v.x any more? http://support.microsoft....

time conversion #5
I need to convert elapsed times from hours & minutes to total minutes. For example 10:35 to 635. I tried making a vlookup table to do it, but it sometimes returns a wrong value. Help? Either format the cell as [mm] or use a formula like =A1*24*60 and format as general. -- Regards Juan Pablo Gonz�lez "Pierre" <pgadmer@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message news:0c3c01c4ad75$8957fb80$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I need to convert elapsed times from hours & minutes to > total minutes. For example 10:35 to 635. I tried making a > vlookup table to do it, but it someti...

What is Oice in Microsoft Office 2007
I found a file in Office 2007 Home and Student called Oice that appears to be an Outlook data file but the version of office does not come with outlook. What is this file? We would need a lot more information to be able to help. When you say you "found" this file, where did you find it? What were you doing? Is that the full file name? What is the extension on the file? Does this file interfere with Office? If yes, how? The only thing that comes to my mind offhand is an old add-in called "Office in Color" that added themes and options to Microsoft Offic...

Updates to Office 2004
I'm running OS 10.4.7 on an Intel iMac 20" and have Microsoft Office 2004 (vs. 10.1.6). I've downloaded, but have not installed, the following updates: Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.0 Update Office 2004 for Mac 11.2.1 Update Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Service Pack 2 PST Import Tool for Entourage 2004 for Mac Microsoft Entourage 2004 Junk E-mail Filter Update 1 (11.1.0) Microsoft AutoUpdate for Office 2004 for Mac Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Service Pack 1 (11.1.0) Microsoft Office 2004 Deployment Documentation Business Bright: Entourage Signatures and Backgrounds Creat...

How do I stop 'Reply All' adding my address?
When I 'reply all' to an email, my address is added to the recipient list. I don't want to be included so how do I stop Outlook doing this? (My version is 2003) ...

reply to
I have just moved to Outlook 2003. My understanding might be off here. I have several email accounts, sending and receiving is fine and my rules work. I have to use one default outgoing mail server for all the accounts I believe and I have done this. What I find is that e-mail from each account has the same 'sent from' address, the default account email address. In Outlook/tools/view or change existing accounts/next/ 'non default' account/change/more settings/reply e mail box I enter the mail address of the sending account as the reply to address. In testing the mail stil...

My web publication is 5 pages but only 1 page prints. Why?
My web publication is 5 pages but only the page I am looking at will print even when I say print all or print pages 1-5. The same applies to sending as an email attachment - only page 1 is attached. I am using Publisher 2003. The publication is a school newsletter. The version previous to this one is fine. When I created this troublesome newsletter I copied the good version. Thanks for your help. -- Nancy B ...

Error uploading Office after upgrading to Leopard
I erased and reformatted my harddrive, installed Leopard, and reinstalled Office for Mac. Now I have problems opening office. It says there is "error uploading microsoft office framework" everytime i open it. It eventually opens, but it takes 2 minutes. On 1/21/08 6:37 PM, in article bd58549f-3e3e-4aa8-9ca0-089b174dfb4c@d4g2000prg.googlegroups.com, "Chris" <cj6855@gmail.com> wrote: > I erased and reformatted my harddrive, installed Leopard, and > reinstalled Office for Mac. Now I have problems opening office. It > says there is "error uploading mi...

Office 2008 issue?
Hi all, Got my Office 2008 Student ver. When I use Word and try to use the "Show all Windows" (F9 default), it doesn't give me the blue shade. However, there is no problem with other app. like PowerPoint, Excel. I am wondering if that is a known for Tiger or both Tiger & Leopard. Thank you by "blue shade", do you mean showing the name of the document when you hover over a window? If so, yes, it's a known issue, but you can use Help | Send Feedback to let MS track that yet another person ran into this problem. If you mean something else, please explain. ...

Syncing Exchange Tasks with mac office 2004
I am a mac laptop living on a windows run office. We are installing the latest exchange version, but have read that mac office 2004 will pull all your data from exchange except tasks. Is this true? Is there a work around? On 11/25/04 7:34 PM, in article BDCBC810.C76%kmurray@purcellmurray.com, "Kevin Murray" <kmurray@purcellmurray.com> wrote: > > I am a mac laptop living on a windows run office. > > We are installing the latest exchange version, but have read that mac office > 2004 will pull all your data from exchange except tasks. > > Is this true...

Delete from inbox after reply or forwardOutlook
I connect via VPN to my office Exchange server but look via Outlook on my local machine. All of a sudden it is deleting from the inbox anything i reply or forward. Oddly enough if I remote desktop to Outlook on the server it does not reflect the actions locally or subscribe to that behavior. I have matched the email settings on both machines but it continues to do this locally. ...

Office 2004 -- how to force the fonts to reinstall?
Hi all... Google is not my friend on this one today... Short of doing a full uninstall of Office 2004... Does anybody know how you can force Office 2004 to reinstall the fonts that automatically get installed on a first-run setup? Delete some specific preference file? Delete some specific font file? Run some hidden application in the Office 2004 folder? Thanks! - Steve In article <100920071515011809%maser@umich.edu>, Steve Maser <maser@umich.edu> wrote: > Hi all... > > Google is not my friend on this one today... > > Short of doing a ...

Extended characters in Exchange 5.5
I have an account I need for Exchange 5.5 - example: Jan� - It works fine for internal, but if use this account to send to somewhere like Hotmail, it does not like it. What do I need to do to make sure it is compatible with outside mail like Hotmail? Thanks. Hi, To make it compatible with other mail systems and bulletproof; make sure you remove the extended characters ! That�s the only solution. SMTP drafts were created with English writen only ! in mind. Hope this help. Benjamin Mateos MCSE, MCSA + Messaging, A+, i-Net+, CIW, CCA Analista de Sistemas E-Mail: benjamin_mateos@hotmai...

WLK 1.5: Testing RNDIS over USB
I have been asked to DTM test RNDIS-over-USB for a WinCE 6.0 device I recently received. I was able to set up the connection to the device and use it's remote console, telnet works as well. However, when I create a job submission for testing, DTM Studio doesn't like the device supplier's INF file, stating that no drivers are specified. The INF file is based on MS' RNDIS template device setup file, which has no drivers listed - it does include the stock netrndis.inf file. It seems that DTM does not include the netrndis file when parsing the supplier's I...

Outlook profile #5
All, I have a user on my domain that is having issues with his profile. I personally seup up his profile to connect to our exchange server, check the name and it resolves and then after he logs out and then back in, the profile changes his already authenticated name to someone else, with the same last name on our domain. Anyone ever hear of something like this? Are you using SBS? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ ...