Out of Office Question

We're new to O at our office. On occasion, I get OOO replies when I email
people. I ask how they set it up and everyone tells me Tools, then Out of
Office. My choices under Tools do not include OOO but they do include Rules
Wizard. I feel sure somewhere in there is a way to set up OOO replies but I
haven't hit upon the exact procedure. Help is no help at all. I have the disc,
I run W2000 Professional. Can someone give me the drill to set up an OOO reply
so I can turn it on before I go on vacation next week? Thanks in advance to all
who help or try. Steve Ignots
0
signots (2)

Steve,
You need to be using Outlook with Exchange Server in order to have access to
the Out of Office Assistant. If you are on Exchange Servere and still don't
see the OOO option under Tools, then you may have to install the Exchange
Extensions add-in.

"SIgnots" <signots@aol.comnospam> wrote in message
> We're new to O at our office. On occasion, I get OOO replies when I email
> people. I ask how they set it up and everyone tells me Tools, then Out of
> Office. My choices under Tools do not include OOO but they do include
Rules
> Wizard. I feel sure somewhere in there is a way to set up OOO replies but
> haven't hit upon the exact procedure. Help is no help at all. I have the
disc,
> I run W2000 Professional. Can someone give me the drill to set up an OOO
reply
> so I can turn it on before I go on vacation next week? Thanks in advance
to all
> who help or try. Steve Ignots

Are you connected to an Exchange Server?  If not you will not have that
option.

If you're not on Exchange you can emulate it.  See

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;248830

OL2000: (IMO) How to Emulate the Out of Office Assistant

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260987

OL2000: (CW) How to Emulate the Out of Office Assistant

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;311107

OL2002: How to Emulate the Out of Office Assistant

Be aware however, that to emulate the OOOA effectively you have to have your
internet connection always on and you have to leave Outlook always open
while you are away.

"SIgnots" <signots@aol.comnospam> wrote in message
> We're new to O at our office. On occasion, I get OOO replies when I email
> people. I ask how they set it up and everyone tells me Tools, then Out of
> Office. My choices under Tools do not include OOO but they do include
Rules
> Wizard. I feel sure somewhere in there is a way to set up OOO replies but
> haven't hit upon the exact procedure. Help is no help at all. I have the
disc,
> I run W2000 Professional. Can someone give me the drill to set up an OOO
reply
> so I can turn it on before I go on vacation next week? Thanks in advance
to all
> who help or try. Steve Ignots

0
cj6178 (257)

Office 2008 #6
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: intel Do I still need to have parallels running Windows, or will it run with Leopard (I have it I just need to upgrade). In article <ee98e37.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, Kirby@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2004 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) > Processor: intel > > Do I still need to have parallels running Windows, or will it run with > Leopard (I have it I just need to upgrade). Office 2008 is native to MacOS so you can run it in Tiger or Leopard. It will not run in Windows. ...

If any cell in a range is blank question
Hello. I have two sheets in a workbook. One is a Summary sheet, and the next is titled "Bldg 5". What I am trying to make sure is that the range A1:K20 on the Bldg 5 sheet has had data entered to them (ie, they are not blank). The question that corresponds to Summary sheet A1 is "Has the data for Bldg 5 been updated?" If ANY blank in Bldg 5's range A1: K20, then put a "NO" in Summary A1's cell. If ALL of the Bldg 5 range had data in it, then put a "YES" in Summary A1. I also need A1 to update as data is entered into the Bldg 5 range (a...

pswd question
On XP pro sp3, if I start->run and type control userpasswords2 then hit enter I get a UserAccts window, I then click the Advanced Tab, I then go down to the center of the window to the AdvancedUserManagement heading and then look to the right and click the Advanced button, I get another window called LocalUsersAndGroups, if I then click Users->MyAcctName I finally get a window that called MyAcctName Properties, if I look down to the center I see a check box (that is checked) beside a heading that says, "password never expires". Ok.......now I go to ControlPanel(ClassicV...

Pivot Table question #4
Hi I have spreadsheets that take data via a pivot table from an OLAP cube that is held on a terminal server. The spreadsheets hold figures entered by me and figures obtain from the pivot table. I want to enable the automatic update on the pivot table but the pivot table is sorted by a project number obtained from the OLAP cube. My problem is if a new project is added to the OLAP cube then it is automatically selected from the drop down list. I want to be able to turn this off so that it only selects the project I have previously chosed. For example if I have selected the filter nu...

Remote Server Question
Right customer wants to acces his win2k8 server remotely. IT is using a generic printer from the server. At the office the printer is on a network. Terminal Services are being used to access the server remotely. What needs to be done to get said printer working? -- Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca God, Queen and country! Never Satan President Republic! Beware AntiChrist rising! http://twitter.com/rootnl2k http://www.facebook.com/dyadallee UK Time for a Common Sense change vote Liberal Democrat / Alliance Whether "at the o...

How do I install Access 2003 under MS Office 2007
I am trying to install Access 2003, but because I have Office 2007 installed, the system is telling me that I need to have Office 97, 2000 or 2003. Is this correct? I loaded my old Access 97 CD, but the system tells me that it can't find Office 97, 2000 or 2003. Is there an upgrade for Access 2003? What do I do? Thanks... It is generally recommended to install versions of Office/Access in the order they were published. I have done otherwise though. It is imperative that you install each version in it's own directory, otherwise they will overwrite one another and crea...

x-y Line Graph question
I have a line graph. X is dates and Y is numeric data. I am plotting 12/1/2005 through 1/30/2006. The problems is my series does not start at the "left most" point of 12/1/2005, it is shifted slightly. And the line does not end at the "right most" point of 1/30/2006. Any ideas will be appreciated. thanks! XL has two distinct chart types even though they look similar, the XY Scatter chart and the Line chart. There is no XY Line graph. I believe you have a Line graph. Double-click the x-axis and from the Scale tab uncheck the 'Value (Y) axis crosses betwe...

Excel and open office
I have made an excel file and protected sheets in it and even hidden some of the worksheets with macros. But when i open the xls file in Open Office (linux) It shows all the worksheets and there is no protection. I dont want to display the hidden sheets in any OS(or Package). any work arounds? Kindly help Hi Priya, workaround: Don't use Open Office or pretend it doesn't exist. Open Office is a different software program, it can read Excel files but it is not Excel. It's great for recovery of Excel files. Possibly features of exposing data while helpful in some areas a...

AD Computer object question
Hello, I have computer object within Active Directory for a specific server. Due to an issue, the link between the two has been broken. Is there any way to recreate the link without delete the AD object and join back the server into the domain? Thanks for your help, It's a really urgent matter, please help Dark Hello darkbol, Which kind of machine is it, Domain controller or member server or workstation? What is the exact error message? Did something happened before or is it just out of the blue? Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is pro...

Reinstalling Office X After a HD Failure
My HD had a catastrophic failure and I had to replace it. Now I am = trying to=20 reinstall Office X from the most recent upgrade disk (I've purchased = every=20 upgrade for as long as I have been using Office) and the software is = looking=20 for the older version for upgrade verification. =20 I've systematically "browsed" to the CDs from every earlier verion I = have, but=20 the verification is not accepted. Suggestions? Rodney Dixon <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My HD had a catastrophic failure and I had to replace it. Now I am trying to > ...

GP Extender Tables Question (GP9)
I have created an Extender window with 3 Fields (let’s just say price 1, price 2, price 3). I can see where it got created in table EXT40100, field User_Defined_Prompts_1 etc and I can also see where the data is stored in EXT00103. What I don’t see is where the prompts from EXT40100 are in its own rows so that you can link them to EXT00103 for reporting purposes. I know I can hard code the flags to their proper values in Crystal or set up my own custom table to do it but I would have thought that Extender will have a table like that. Am I just not seeing it? -- Pieter The prompts ...

Question on Formats...
This ought to be quite simple to answer. Is it possible to format the contents of a combobox? On sheet1 I have text in cells A1 to A8 e.g A1 = John, A2 = Steve, A3 = Claire etc. I have a combobox on a chart that displays those names when I click the down arrow. The default is lower case, black lettering. Can I make the names appear in bold and green for example? I have tried modifying the original names but that makes no difference. If I right click the combobox and select <Format Control> I cannot see a way to format my data entries. Maybe you can't do it. And I want to ...

Mac Office 2004 Select Version & purchasing Office 2007
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3282203639_150809 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Hello, All through the Fall, our University advertised a deal from Microsoft similar to the Super Suite Deal wherein purchasing Microsoft Select Office 2004 Standard Mac for $75 would qualify one to purchase Mac Office 2008 for the $10 (just the S&H charges). Now they inform me that that Microsoft reneged (their word) on that deal and t...

Microsoft Office 2000 error 1706
I have a reoccuring error with Office 2000 on multiple machines, where it attempts to install the program every time it loads. The program install was done as a custom where all features were installed to the hard disk. The only personel that have the problem are those that are not administrators to the local machine. And even after an Administrator has used every application, a common domain user still has recieves the 1706 error. Each install is updated to SR-1 and Service Pack 3. Any input on this problem would be greatly appreciated. ...

Trying to configure two exchange accounts with Office 2007 and Exc
Hi, A few months ago at work we switched servers. We sent from the Exchange 2003 to 2007 and all computers had to be re-added to the domain. While we've had some problems here and there, there is one I have yet to solve. We have a computer running Vista, I think 32-bit, that we to configure two exchange accounts on. We use Office 2007 Enterprise edition. And while I can get both accounts working within the same view in Outlook 2007, I can't get them configured like I had before. One account is my own personal bus account and the other is a shared account. ...

Chart
Hello, I created a line column chart on 2 axis. I have four data sets. The first 3 should go on the primary Y axis as columns and the 4th should go on the secondary Y axis as a line. However, Excel wants to automatically put both the 3rd and 4th data sets on the secondary axis as lines. I cannot find any command to change the 3rd data set to go onto the primary axis as a column. Any suggestions would be most appreciated! -Patty On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 13:27:33 -0800, Patty = <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I created a line column chart on 2 ...

[more of a 'c' question really] Converting doubles to strings without getting scientific notation
Hello hello.. I'm using _gcvt in a dialog to display a double, but when it gets small the string appears in scientific notation ie 0.02 become 2e-02 Is there another conversion routine I can use to prevent this? I have a not terribly scientific customer who would prefer a straight forward decimal display. Thanks "Zardoz" <thing@thing.thing> wrote in message news:122lvvkvicks85nka58iugok64ba0plpem@4ax.com... > Hello hello.. > > > I'm using _gcvt in a dialog to display a double, but when it gets > small the string appears in scientific notation ...

CRM v3.0 Questions
Hello, Is the fuctionality to unshare multiple records available in v3.0. The 1.2 documentation shows this functionality but it seems to be missing from the actual product. When you re-assign a record in v1.2 the record maintains a share relationship with the prior owner. Does v3.0 function the same way. Are there any tricks (other than using SCRIBE) when importing new records to link multiple contacts to a single lead. Has any new flexibilty been added to the Microsoft record importer. Thanks, Ron In 3.0 if you go to the settings > Organization Settings > System Settings th...

Office 2007 non-commercial use + Code 78F when updating
Hi All, Have a couple questions relating a Vista/Office 2007. We bought a sony vaio laptop that came pre-intalled with a trial license of office 2007. I un-installed Office completely and install a fresh copy of our partner license copy of office 2007, but when loading any office application now its shows 'Microsoft Outlook non-commercial use' and same for word,excel, etc. Anyone have any idea why this is? Second question is relating to windows updates in Vista; I get an error Code 78F when trying to install any update, and the soultions i try doesnt seem to resolve this issue....

OL 2003; Question about two default attachments in HTMLMessage Format
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000F_01C51E85.7F26CCA0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0010_01C51E85.7F26CCA0" ------=_NextPart_001_0010_01C51E85.7F26CCA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Outlook 2003, XPP SP2=20 Hello, When I send an e-mail message in HTML message format, the recipient = (even when I send to myself) also receives two default attachments, = image001.png and image002.png. The first image is a what I would guess a = Microsoft ...

Rounding Up question
Hi, A1 has the ROUNDUP Function referenced to B1: ROUNDUP(B1,0). Example: B1 says: 6.2 A1 will roundup to 7. Perfect! This works 99% of the time. But in a special case B1 says 6.0 - A1 still rounds up to 7. I expanded B1 decimal places and found B1 in this case really says: 6.00044. Hence the reason for A1 rounding to 7. Is there anyway to tell the A1 ROUNDUP function to not round up when the first decimal place says zero? Or to only go out one decimal place when rounding up? Hope I worded my question that it can be understood. Thanx in advance, Amy. Hel...

Problem installing free trial of Office 07
My Dad's just bought a new laptop and with it comes a free 60-day trial of Microsoft Office 2007. However, when he clicks on it, he simply gets a message telling him "You are not authorised to view this page - HTTP error 401.2: Unauthorised, access is denied due to server configuration." What does this mean, and how do we correct it and download the free trial? Try this URL: http://us20.trymicrosoftoffice.com/default.aspx BTW, This newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft Access database product. The Microsoft website may have misdirected you. -- Arvin Meyer,...

List of questions
Hi, I have some questions in outlook 2003, can anyone help me? 1-how can i in the appointment type a subject with special format (red, bold..) 2-whent a task is 100% completed, how can be deleted automatically. 3- I need to filter only the available time on a specific day. ex if i have 2 appointments today on a specific time, what i need to see is the available time for other new appointments. 4-If I have a lot of appointments on a specific date that are colored with labels and have a specific show time as (busy,tentative), when i go to print this calendar with the "calendar detai...

Treeview Control Question
Hello, I am using a treeview Control in a form that has a tab control. The treeview control is located on one of the tabs. When the form loads it populates the treeview control(has checkboxes enabled on treeview), bolds certain text based on the SQL table it's pulling from, and then checks any items that were checked last time the record was saved. The problem that I am having is that when I move to another tab and go back to it, all of the bolds and checks are gone. I've tried redoing the query on tab control and page click actions as well as trying to set focus on the treeview ...

Question about MFC source code.
Hi, all, I find that there are some redefinitions in afxHH.h. Something looks like this: #define HID_FILE_MRU_FILE1 0x1E110 #define HID_FILE_MRU_FILE1 0x1E111 // aliases: MRU_2 - MRU_16 #define HID_FILE_MRU_FILE1 0x1E112 #define HID_FILE_MRU_FILE1 0x1E113 #define HID_FILE_MRU_FILE1 0x1E114 #define HID_FILE_MRU_FILE1 0x1E115 #define HID_FILE_MRU_FILE1 0x1E116 #define HID_FILE_MRU_FILE1 0x1E117 #define HID_FILE_MRU_FIL...