Out of office message OLXP

I can't find the out of office feature and I also can't create an email
template using word.  I thought I used to be able this in OL2K but in XP I
can't figure it out.  HHHEEEELLLPPP!!!!

Out og office is under the menu tools/out of office
assistant

0
anonymous (74722)
10/21/2003 5:20:04 AM
No, its not.  Not on mine or my friends.  That's my problem.
Thanks for your quick response though.

Nuke Pave wrote:
> No, its not.  Not on mine or my friends.  That's my problem.
> Thanks for your quick response though.
>
> "RMO" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Out og office is under the menu tools/out of office
>> assistant

Then you do not connect to Exchange Server. It's only available if that is
how your mail system is set up.

0
me9 (928)
10/21/2003 6:14:03 AM
If you are in an Exchange environment (ask your administrator if you do
notknow) you can set the Out of the Office Assistant which is located under
Tools.

If you are not in an Exchange environment you can create a rule that replies
on all e-mails. The downside of this is that you'll have to have your
Outlook open all the time for the rules to process. Make sure you set some
exceptions (for instance based on the subject field so it will not reply on
subject with e.g. reply, failed, undeliverable, etc...) otherwhise you could
create endless mailloops between two mailservers and those can be a real
threat to the mailservers!
--
Roady
Pictures of BILL GATES at the TechNet MSDN Briefings 2003 in The Hague

-----
"Nuke Pave" <nojunk@mail.com> wrote in message
> I can't find the out of office feature and I also can't create an email
> template using word.  I thought I used to be able this in OL2K but in XP I
> can't figure it out.  HHHEEEELLLPPP!!!!

how do i transfer messages from outlook back online
I opened outlook and all the messages were there. now when i log in to my xtra account online, there are no messages in the inbox. how do i get them back? "november" <november@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1B2015FA-AFD0-4B10-8D63-4962B1535B50@microsoft.com... >I opened outlook and all the messages were there. now when i log in to my > xtra account online, there are no messages in the inbox. how do i get them > back? Unless your ISP offers an IMAP account option, the only way is to forward them to yourself, after having set Outlook to keep a co...

CRM 3.0 Outlook Client and Connecting to EXSRV message
CRM installation is working great. I have a few client machines with the CRM Outlook client that seem to have an issue connecting to the exchange server after CRM client was installed. The users are plagued with notifications of retrieving data from exchange server. The clients have different Window versions and different office version all complying with install requirements. The only thing that I can find that they have in common is that their inboxes contain 10s of thousands of messages in their mailbox inbox. Could something to do with the CRM sync process have something to do with ...

Outlook 2003 - HTML Message
I have sent an automated HTML Format eMail to our users. They have to submit few details from that mail to our application. I have done some client side validations using Javascript, in that HTML Page. This script is working fine in Outlook 2000. When the user submit the details from Outlook 2003, the client side script is not working. Is there any special work-arounds need to be done to make this work? Thanks in Advance For your assistance. Kannan. ...

uninstalling office from a mac
i bought an imac from someone who had installed microsoft office on it. = he=20 thought he had removed it. i bought my own copy, and when i installed = it, i=20 wasn't asked for my key number or a serial number. the app opened right = up. worse yet for the seller, he can't use his own copy of office if i have = it open=20 on my machine! we have both purchased office, but we can't use them. = (he=20 is in canada and i'm in oregon.) he gets the message that "word is = already=20 in use" and he can't open it. how can i uninstall all his user data and registr...

Office 2007 Compatibility Update
I've downloaded the Office 2007 Compatibility Update, but it's an .iso file. I've tried burning it to a CD, but it still is an unrecognizable file format when I try to run the .iso file from the CD. Is there something I'm missing to make this work? -- Brandon ================== Presentations Direct - http://www.presentationsdirect.com > Binding Machines http://www.presentationsdirect.com/binding-machines/gbc-binding-machines.asp > Laminators http://www.presentationsdirect.com/laminators/gbc-laminators.asp > Paper Shredders http://www.presenta...

Office v. X program unexpectedly quits after doube-click
Hello, After I double click on an Office v.X program, expect Entourage, the splash page appears, reads font menu, then quits. I already checked out the Mactopia database and its font issues posting. I am running on OSX 10.2.8, G4 1.25 GHz 256 RAM. I have tried the following: 1. Compared duplicate fonts between User fonts and Library fonts (not the System fonts folder) 2. Updated all Office software to v. 10.1.5 3. Reinstalled Office 4. Removed Microsoft Prefernces from User folder, and allowed them to rebuild themselves If ANYONE has ANY info or has experienced this before, please pass on t...

[FIXED] For those with error : "Your Out of Office settings cannot be displayed, because the server is currently unavailable. Try again Later."
Hello, We are in the process of migrating from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2007, and one user had this error with OL2007. It appeared that there was a disabled item when running Outlook 2003 (Help, About, Disabled items). Re-enabling it allowed me to open the OOO assistant (from OL2003). And then, when I started OL2007, it was OK, I could access it ! HPH. Luuke Which disabled item was it? Can you be more specific please? "Luuke" <luuke57@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c6e7756f-618d-48a3-8101-0d2edd9c0ef2@r33g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > > We are in the p...

"Send To... Mail Recipient" from Office programs using a newer version of Outlook
Greetings, When using the "Send To... Mail Recipient" from Office programs of an earlier version with respect to Outlook, you receive a message such as: "Program can't load the e-mail envelope. This could be caused by a network connection problem or a problem with your Office installation." In reference MS KB articles: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;828509 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=280962 It appears as if Microsoft acknowledges this as a problem, but considering the number of versions of Office/Outlook that experience thi...

OUTLOOK 2007
Greetings, I have found a repeatable problem with OL2007. When I receive messages, many of them will not appear in the Inbox. However, the number adjacent to the Inbox on the folder tree does show the proper number of unread messages. If I click on the Unread Mail Search Folder, then I can see the messages. If I then click back to the Inbox, the messages show up properly. Configuration: WinXP Pro w/ SP2 - Fully Patched Office 2007 Enterprise - Fully Patched Norton Internet Security 2007 with Add-On Pack (Includes AntiSpam) - Fully Patched The size of my PST file is approximately 950MB. I...

Message deleted when close
Whenever I open any new comes messeges, after reading, close and exit and it got deleted from inbox! Please help. Thanks Change your View to All Messages, not just unread ones. "Dchieng" wrote: > Whenever I open any new comes messeges, after reading, close and exit and it > got deleted from inbox! Please help. > > Thanks Thanks Mary! "Mary" wrote: > Change your View to All Messages, not just unread ones. > > "Dchieng" wrote: > > > Whenever I open any new comes messeges, after reading, close and exit and it > > got d...

Send/Receive Error Message #2
I am currently using another mail program and wish to start using Outlook 2002. I've duplicated my email setting as they are with the other program, (i.e. Pop3, incoming and outgoing settings, etc.). When I attempt to retrieve my mail using the Send/Receive option, an error box appears with the message: "Operation Failed. An object could not be found." How can I find out which 'object' and fix it? Outlook came already install on my system and I do not have the installation CD. Please send your reply to mgreen@nemonet.com as well as on this board. Thank you in a...

Changing 2003 Server Message Path manually
Hi, We are in a situation where our oganization needs to manually move the pointer to the private message store rather then move it on Exchange 2003 SP1. Is it possible to just point to a different location? Thank you, Phil On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 09:01:03 -0700, "Phil Thomas" <Phil Thomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >We are in a situation where our oganization needs to manually move the >pointer to the private message store rather then move it on Exchange 2003 >SP1. Is it possible to just point to a different location? > >Thank you, Phil...

Out of Office: External Replies (repost)
Reposting with some editing because I was replying to a verrry old thread with this: I tried this on Thursday of last week to enable Out of Office replies sent out of our internal network to anyone that tried to e-mail me: ESM/Global Settings/Internet Message Format/Default, right-click, Properties/Advanced Tab; I then "enabled" all the tickmarks at the bottom. Then I enabled out-of-office before I left for the next four days (Friday through Monday) It sent out-of-office replies internally but not externally, as it did before I enabled those checkmarks under ESM/Global Sett...

Message removal
I'm attempting to remove 3 messages that keep appearing in my Sync Issues / Server Failures folder. I delete them, and the next day they are back again. I've tried extracting them with the ExMerge utility, run in Archive mode to delete them from the store. It fails, and in the ExMerge.log file it says: [11:54:12] Error copying messages from folder '\Sync Issues\Server Failures' (MAPI_W_PARTIAL_COMPLETION) Any ideas how I can extract these messages? I would try disabling any AV on the machine you are running Exmerge on and see if that works. On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 09:42:...

How do I get a product code for a trial download of office?
I also want to know if buying MS software from Amazon is legal. "retiredlady" <retiredlady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2926B22E-108A-46F2-993A-32C3CBA2EDE9@microsoft.com... > I also want to know if buying MS software from Amazon is legal. Of course it's legal. Why would you think it's not? Yes it is. I assume you're buying the retail version so you'll have the CDs and the product key will be on the cases. Amazon is a great place to buy Office - they are usually several dollars cheaper than buying it from Microsoft. ...

Office X 10.1.2 to 10.1.5 updates
Each time that I'm trying to install these updates, I get the error 11002:2'-15. Nothing is running even my anti-virus. Does somebody have an answer. Thank you On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 21:51:05 -0500, Doggy wrote (in message <013f01c3fa81$0c225e50$a401280a@phx.gbl>): > Each time that I'm trying to install these updates, I get > the error 11002:2'-15. Nothing is running even my anti-virus. > > Does somebody have an answer. > > Thank you It's been said, and it seems to have worked for me, that you need to have all internet access disabled. Tim M...

Strange "Obsolete" message with Transform method
I've got two statements in my code that are both generating weird, weird, weird messages: The first one was, Dim document As System.Xml.XmlDocument Dim navigator As System.Xml.XPath.XPathNavigator Dim transform As System.Xml.Xsl.XslTransform .. .. .. navigator = document.CreateNavigator() transform.Transform(navigator, Nothing, Response.OutputStream) which generated the following fascinating compiler warning on the call to Transform: 'Public Sub Transform(input As System.Xml.XPath.XPathNavigator, args As System.Xml.Xsl.XsltArgumentList, output As System.IO.Stream)' is obsolete:...

SMTP logging + oversize messages
Hello, we have a single Windows 2003 SP1 DC running Exchange 2003 SP1 standard. We download the mail with POP3, our domain MX is pointed to our ISP's server. I have one routing group with one connector in it. It is configured to send all mail via dns & oversize messages (1MB+) between 1 & 6AM. No other restrictions are present on the connector. Unfortunately some messages get sent & some don't. Once I force the connection in the queue they're sent asap. I noticed this a few weeks ago so I set SMTP logging to max. in the Server properties. This way, I should see entri...

Windows login screen --> unread message link not going away (Outlook 2003)
Hello, I am having a strange problem: On the login to Windows (XP Prof SP2 applied) screen, under my name there is a link stating "1 unread mail message" even though there is no such thing because my "Inbox" is empty. For my Email I am using Outlook 2003 with the latest updates applied. I tried to restart the computer several times but this link will not go away. Does anyone knows how to get rid of it? Thanks ...

Multiple copies of e-mail messages received.
I have multiple e-mail accounts and use Windows XP Professional/Office. My incoming POP3 mail server is the same for all four accounts. Whenever I receive an e-mail on one account it is copied four times into my inbox. I use the same settings on my notebook which runs Windows 2000 Professional/Office and my incoming e-mails are not repeated- so I guess this is a problem with XP- Does anybody know how to fix it? ...

Backup messages to CD
Does anyone know if there is a way to back up your saved Outlook messages to another drive? Copy the file outlook.pst to the drive and you will have every message you have saved in outlook. You can find this file by doing a search in explorer. "Ricky" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02ec01c3a660$0b0b7f80$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know if there is a way to back up your saved > Outlook messages to another drive? ...

Outlook 2000 messages wont download
Saw a similar discussion about getting message: "Some messages could not be retrieved from the server. This usually happens when the connection to the server has been lost...". Then I get the "POP3 server I specified could not be located". Everything was fine a week ago. Other discussion mentioned setting up a new personal file folder - didn't understand why this would work, but tried. Didn't work for me. Can someone please help so I will, once again, be able to download my mail from the ISP's server? Thanks. ...

PDA MS OFFICE Where can I find a mileage template to download????
I usa a PDA (Dell Axim 5) running OFFICE Where can I find a mileage template to download???? Thank you ...

Cannot open attachments whilst sending a message
If I attach a word document to my outgoing e-mail (.doc) I am allowed to open the attachment to see that I have the correct document. The same goes for ..pdf files. But if I try to open a .docx that has been added to my outgoing message I get the following: Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. The command line arguement is not valid. Verify the switch you are using. Until I convert these .docx files into .doc then I cannot check what I am sending. Thanks for your help in advance. -- Silver surfer the .docx format is compatible with the ms office 2007 version. you...

HOST UNREACHABLE MESSAGE
We are working as a subdomain since a weak we have been facing problem some times mails at the same address reached and some times mails in the queue shows {HOST UNREACHABLE} after the mails in Queue. can any bosy explain what is the problem and there are just 50 to 90 mails in the queue which always shows such messages Thanks "ADurrani" <asherdurrani@yahoo.com> wrote: >We are working as a subdomain since a weak we have been >facing problem some times mails at the same address >reached and some times mails in the queue shows {HOST >UNREACHABLE} after the ...