Out of Office Assistant Not Responding

I work on a network that is based off of W2K platform and
using Office 2000.  An individual's Out of Office
Assistant will not respond to people when they send
messages to the affected box. Any and all responses are
welcomed besides a reinstall of office which has already
been done. Thank you.
0
cnate (2)

Hi NC,

Where are you testing from?  The reason that I ask is that if you are
working with an Exchange 5.5 or newer system, the Internet Mail Connector
(or SMTP virtual servers for 2000/2003) are configured by default to not
allow said notifications to be sent to the internet.

Other things that can come into play are:

1) Antivirus software on the Exchange server (e.g. Cleansweep)
2) Rules that act on a message and have the stop processing bit set (Out of
Office is processed last)

"NC" <cnate@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I work on a network that is based off of W2K platform and
> using Office 2000.  An individual's Out of Office
> Assistant will not respond to people when they send
> messages to the affected box. Any and all responses are
> welcomed besides a reinstall of office which has already
> been done. Thank you.

0
neo5748 (288)
11/20/2003 7:00:07 PM
Hello and thanks for the reply. I'm on a military
installation so it's not going over the net. Also our anti-
virus is not causing the problem because other users who
use Out of Office are having messages sent out when people
email them.

2) Rules that act on a message and have the stop
processing bit set

They have no rules set since the user's first tech support
didn't set anything but the out of office after a clean
install. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

0
cnate (2)

Reverying back to Office 2004 from Office 2008
I need to revert back to Office 2004 because Office 2008 Student Edition won't access my Exchange Server. How would I go about this while keeping my identitry? From the last several posts in this thread, under "how to go back" http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage/browse_thread/thread/64543d7f938c0c09/5b9cd43909f48421#5b9cd43909f48421 2 options: 1) use Entourage 2008 to export an archive of your identity. Entourage 2004 should be able to open that archive. (File Export and File Import) 2) Your Office 2004 identity should still be in username...

Excel and Open Office #2
I have made a Excel file with many worksheets. Of which i have protected and hidden some of the worksheets. I works fine in the windows. But in Open Office (Linux) all the hidden files also gets opened. which is a security breach. any workarounds? not to display the hidden worksheet in Open office. Kindly help This was a duplicate thread, the original was posted twelve minutes before this thread was started. Please refer to your original posting/thread. http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=6D8216FA-78F8-4212-8B74-1465897492F5%40microsoft.com Don't know if the link will ...

how do I install templates into office 2003 publisher
I downloaded CD Label and Jewel Case Inserts from Poly Line. My problem is I find no way of installing them in MS Office 2003 Publisher. I also downloaded their templates for Word 2003 and they install fine but Word doesn't work like Publisher. I ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I A...

Exporting Windows calendar to Office Outlook
I would like to export my windows calendar to outlook on another computer that is on Windows 7 which has no windows calendar. I tried the import/export function but it did not do a complete job, somewhat only partially. What am I doing incorrectly? "Al" <Al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3C33E5A0-14D5-4A9B-8226-FBB1A6AF8058@microsoft.com... >I would like to export my windows calendar to outlook on another computer > that is on Windows 7 which has no windows calendar. I tried the > import/export > function but it did not do a comple...

Office 2007 expiration
I'm using the Office 2007 beta and I know the beta expires sometime early next year...March, maybe? I had always thought of myself as fairly typical but now find that, according to Microsoft, if I'm a typical home user, I have no want or need for Outlook but, instead, I want some sort of note taking program or whatever the heck one gets with "home" Office along with Word and whatever else is included. I can certainly afford to pay for one of the higher end Office setups so that I'll get Outlook but it bothers me and I'd prefer to simply buy Outlook which bri...

2 CDs in my Office Professional 2007. What is second cd for?
I have 2 cds in my case for MS Office Professional full version. What is the second cd for. No instructs to tell me what it is for. I have up to 3 computers to install to. But only 2 cds. Anyone know what the second cd is for? The 2nd CD is for Microsoft Office 2007 business Contact Manager. You don't need to install this if you are not likely to use it. Its purpose is to create a database of your business customers to include details like Name, Address, Business telephone numbers, Mobile/Cell phone numbers, Faxes, emails etc etc. Its size should be 253,502 KB. ...

Microsoft Office 2000 Professional
My computer currently uses Microsoft Windows 98 as an operating system. On this Computer , I succesfully manage a website for a Snooker League using Publisher from Microsoft Office 2000 proffessional. As well as using many other aspects of the Microsoft Office 2000 proffessional , programme. As my computer is now nearly ready for replacement, my question is : - If I purchase a new Computer with either XP or Vista as the operating system , will Microsoft Office 2000 proffessional work on the new computer and will I be able to continue managing the website. Regards, sarnia I have no exp...

Using Office 2004 and Office 2008 on the Same Computer
Hello all, Is it possible to install say Word 2004 and Excel 2004 and Entourage 2008 and Powerpoint 2008 on the same computer? Alternatively, can I buy a Apple Script recorder so that I can easily create Apple Macros? Then I wouldn't care if I had Word and Excel 2004... Regards to all! JP On 4/30/08 10:57 AM, in article 3f85aac8-1b31-44b6-9fd9-9f383cae765d@k13g2000hse.googlegroups.com, "jpensuisse@gmail.com" <jpensuisse@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello all, > > Is it possible to install say Word 2004 and Excel 2004 and Entourage > 2008 and Powerpoint 2008 on th...

Office Update 10.2.3 kills network connections to shares.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Don't ask me why, but I witnessed this myself. I just did a clean install on a 27&quot; iMac updated the OS to 10.6.2 set up several SMB shares and ran the final office update 10.2.1.(which I had disk images of) I left the clients place telling him to use the software update on MS Office for the remaining updates. He updated his Office to 10.2.3 and it killed the ability to connect to the shares I had already set up. I went back and tried to reconnect the shares and the &quot;Connect to Server&qu...

Inbox - Outlook
I will be out of the office for several days. Is there a way (with outlook 2000) to auto-reply to all incoming email messages that come into my inbox with a little note that lets them know I am out of the office? Help I will need this by Wednesday October 29th, 2003. Thanks, Dee Anne Dee Anne, Follow these steps: 1. Open your Microsoft Outlook 2.Go to Tools, Out Of office Assistant. 3.Check the box for "I'm currently Out of the Office" 4. Type the text on the empty box. Good Luck >-----Original Message----- >I will be out of the office for several days. > >...

How to open Word and Excel files in Office 2004?
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3188235263_964481 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Hi, Even though I have Office 2004(O4) installed, when I click on the individual files, they still open up in Office for OSX (OX). How do I get them to open up in O4 instead of OX?? I�d hate to delete OX and not have access to any of my Office files. Thanks. Frank --B_3188235263_964481 Content-type: text/html; charset="ISO-8859-1&qu...

Out Of Office
Can anyone advise how to do the following. Say for example you have a employee who only works Mon, Wed and Fri is there a way to set up automatically an out of office message that will only activate on them given days ? rather than having to go in and enable it every night to say your not in the next day. Its a common thing for people to work part time so i would imagine something can be done automatically somehow Duncan You might be able to use something like this: http://www.cdolive.com/outofofficecalendar.htm Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP Roland Schorr & Tower ht...

Cannot Omit or Change Name When Printing in Memo Style- Office 2003
Cannot Omit or Change Name When Printing in Memo Style by outlook 2003. Any help is appreciated. Leila Hello Leila, mmh, which name? Your name on the top? You could change it in the Account Options under Username. >-----Original Message----- >Cannot Omit or Change Name When Printing in Memo Style by >outlook 2003. Any help is appreciated. >Leila > >. > No, printing is pretty limited... You could hit forward or reply and print, then close the message. Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Vis...

60 day free MS Office 2007 installation issues
until I receive my new copy of MS Office 2007 I want to use the free 60 day trial but when I try and register the trial key I get a error message that says a communication error has occured try again later??? I need this now and it has been giving me this error all day? HELP!! Was the Trial preinstalled or did you download it from MS? Did you purchase Office on line, and are using the key mailed to you? "HollyZ27" <HollyZ27@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D287919-F72A-467F-8018-8C0C2063275F@microsoft.com... > until I receive my new co...

how can i open a .mdb file made in 2000 with office microsoft 97
my mom made a .mdb disc and i seem unable to open it. she has office 97 on her computer and not sure what is on mine. how can i open this file for it has important info to which i need. i can't ask her for she died recently. please can someone help me? First of all you need to see if you have Access installed on your computer. Go to Start, Programs, and look for something like Microsoft Office. See if Access is listed. If not you probably don't have Access and can't open the file. You also check by opening up another Office product, say Word, and then going to Help, Abo...

ALOT of fonts are missing from my newly installed Office XP!
I recently installed office xp and after starting up a few documents I was horrified to realise that I had hardly ANY fonts!!! I knew that Publisher would usually give out the most amount of fonts but even this had a very small number of fonts. I know that these programs are supposed to come with a lot more so what can I do to fix it?!!! Is there somewhere specific I can go instead of searching all those sites to find out where to get this and similar fonts or what? Please help!!! Alessandro wrote: > I recently installed office xp and after starting up a few documents I was > ho...

ms office 2004 power point
Does anyone else having trouble sending power point presentations in an attachment to a pc? delwald <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone else having trouble sending power point presentations in an > attachment to a pc? Nope. Any specific problem you'd be experiencing ?? Make sure you don;t includ Mac specific media in the presentations though (eg PICT or .mov). Corentin -- --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) --- http://www.mvps.org - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com MVPs are not MS employees - Les MVP...

Workflow only responding to Apply Rule
I have started testing workflow rules and created some test ones before I set about customising CRM for he business. However, even though I have not created manual workflows, and activated them they do not fire automatically. Every one I have created still requires the go ahead through Apply Rule in the CRM GUI. Does anyone have any idea why? Thanks I spent a while trying to work out this one. It turns out (from information in another post) that if you have the role of 'System Administrator' on the user account being used, the workflow rule will not work automatically. I r...

Excel Programs developed in Office 2000 on Windows 2000
Excel Programs developed in Office 2000 on Windows 2000 System are dreadfully slow when used in Office 2003 on a system running Windows XP. What the heck? "Trooper" <Trooper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C9799F5-84A5-4A8C-AA6B-646F66FAC021@microsoft.com... > Excel Programs developed in Office 2000 on Windows 2000 System are dreadfully > slow when used in Office 2003 on a system running Windows XP. What the heck? Can you be more specific please. What does these programs do? /Fredrik The program to which I referred to earlier is one I develope...

switching microsoft office from OS9 to OSX
is this a possibility? i do not have the original cd ROM's. my sister bought it back in the day, installed it on this computer when it was in the classic environment, then she gave me the computer, i switched to OSX and now i cannot update office 98. i mean, my microsoft office 98 works perfectly when i am in OS9.2, i just don't want to have to keep switching back and forth between both operating systems. anyone have any ideas? thanks You'd need a new program for it to run in OS X (Office 2004 is the new OS X version, Office X is the first OS X version). See here for the upgrade ...

MS Office #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have Student Teacher version 2008. I have MS Office installed on three different MAC's with three individual codes (Allows for three installs). When MS Office is running on my wife's MAC Book, and I run it my iMAC, I get an error message that I'm exceeding the licenses. I'm not. How do I get this to stop?? ...

Office (except Entourage) does not start after Updating to Panther.
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3154584288_141446 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit After trying to start any of the office programs under X 10.3, i only get the start-window and the spinning wheel. After a little while i get an error message, the program could not be started. I tried to update to versions 10.1.4 an 10.1.5 (only excel and powerpoint), no effect. I also repaired my disk permissions... I have another office-cop...

So... Is 2008 really ready for an Office Environment?
I ask this because we have been dreading the switch. For presentations we now use Keynote almost exclusively. The reason is that we don't have the corruption issues, or the media issues that we run into with Office. However I am not sure if we can completely go with Numbers or with Pages as a replacement for Excel and Word. We have looked into Open Office, but it seems that it is so dang slow, same with NeoOffice. Any thoughts on this? John "JohnKGibson" wrote: > I ask this because we have been dreading the switch. What version are you using now? Do you use VBA? Are ...

upgrade to Office for Mac 2008
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC I'm currently using Office for Max X. Can I upgrade directly to Office for Mac 2008? I have a Student version of the upgrade disk.I am running Tiger on a Power PC desktop unit and Leopard on an Intel based laptop. I would like to upgrade both v.X systems as far as I can. It isn't clear what you mean by "I have a Student version of the upgrade disk." What was known as the Student & Teacher Edition prior to Office 2008 has never been eligible for upgrade to the S/T Ed. of the next version.....

Disable Tagging in Microsoft Office Communicator
I am an individual user on a network that uses Office Communicator. I would like to be able to use Communicator, but disable the ability for other users to tag me to alert them to my status changes. Is there a way to do this? I have searched a while and not found any way for users to do this. Sorry, but this newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. You'd be best off reposting your question to a newsgroup related to Office Communicator. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele (n...