Out of Office and Junk Filtering

Will an out of office message go out to senders who send me junk?  If the
junk filtering recognizes it as junk, I don't want to validate the address by
sending them a message.  I'd like to think it only goes out to messages that
make it to the inbox, is this correct?  Where might I find some documentation
on this issue?

Thank you,

Andy Siegel
City of Dover
Dover, DE
0
AndySiegel (21)

OOO is an exchange feature, where the junk filtering takes places on your
machine. In other words, the filter only fires after OOO did its work
already and the filter comes too late.
Although my OOO is usually on, I hardly have spam problems because:
- my identity is protected on news forums like this. The reply address you
will find in my message is complete fake. I think yours is working (look in
the properties of the message).
- my name is an alias, and I am not from the City of Dover like Mr. Andy
Siegel.
- my e-mail address is not mentioned on my website, but explained how it
looks like.
- subscriptions to newsletters and orders over internet are sent to an -mail
alias that is not going through the exchange server.

0
karel1 (10)

Microsoft office word 2007
I have set up a page with headers, borders and footers and when i start to type at the top of the page and tab down to a new line, a second page is added straight away when one page will always be enough for what i need !!!!!! How do i stop the second page appearing after only typing one line at the top of the page? It is difficult to imagine what you are doing here. There should for example be no 'tabbing' involved in creating a new line. New lines are created by normal auto-wrapping of the text at the margins, or by pressing Enter to create a new paragraph. The on...

Using Brightmail to filter out Sober?
Has anyone figured out a good filter for Brightmail to keep Sober from clogging my users inboxes? I have blocked *@fbi.gov and *.cia.gov but still get a good amount of sober coming in, I have also blocked a few subject lines, but some such as "Your Password" and what not are pretty common and I would not like to block them. I could not find a place to block a certain size/name of attachment or I would use that. Copy and paste this into a text file and import it to your Brightmail "Custom Filters" It should pick up any sober viruses still coming in, (US Version) # Brigh...

Filter Listbox From MonthView
I have a form with a listbox and a monthview and I'm trying to filter the listbox by clicking on the date in the monthview control. New at access and don't know where to start. I do know some vba and I have access 2000. I'm looking for some sample code to get me started.Thanks RS I've not actually used the MonthView, but there is likely a Click orAfterUpdate event. It may not be listed in the property sheet, but ifyou open the code window for the form, you should be able to choose itfrom the dropdowns at the top of the screen.Easiest thing to do is to change the Rowsource of t...

Filter formula 05-19-10
HI I have a database with repeated informations as listed below and is increasing daily Nat Firm Name SPAIN VIAJES EL CORTE INGLES SPAIN VIAJES EL CORTE INGLES SPAIN VIAJES EL CORTE INGLES GREECE AMEX INTERNATIONAL- HOLLAND GERMANY AIRTOURS INTERNATIONAL-GERMAN ITALY DERTOUR GMBH & CO. KG UNITED KINGDOM INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL CONNE BELGIUM RAINBOW TRAVEL LTD I would like to have a formula which will list the firm name once when choosing the country. I don't want to perform it through a pivot table as I am using the sumproduct to add the qty and amount to have a com...

Upgrade to Office 2008
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: intel I purchased the Standard Edition of Office for Mac last December and understand that a cheap (or free?!) upgrade to 2008 is available before the end of March 2008. How do I get this? I have been told something about a 'redemption certificate' available on the website and instructions on how to use... can't find it or any reference to the upgrade (available in high street stores in the UK for �15+ if you purchased Office 2004 from them... which I didn't). Purchased Office 2004 through an authorized Mac resel...

Recipients policy filter rules problem.
Hi all, We are running ex2003 with win2003 AD. I am trying to setup Recipient policy to clean up people's mailbox. Somehow i can pick dividual mailbox in the Modify wizard, but it either run all mailboxes or none. I tried different OU and group also, it does the same thing. I see that it has 2 policy there to begin with, the default policy and another policy. I believe the second policy was created by itself when our previous IT person migrated the exchange from 5.5 to 2003. I see the another server under the servers tap but that server no longer exist. i think that should be the ...

Validation drop-down gone
I set validation with a drop-down box in the cells. Then I AutoFiltered and my validation drop-down isn't there (although Pick From List on the right-click menu is). Could the validation drop-down be missing because the rows containing the validation values are not included in the filter? Or is there another reason I need to investigate? Ed I'd keep looking. Is there any chance you copied|Pasted to that cell? If yes, that could be the problem. Pasting will wipe out the existing Data|Validation rules and replace them with the copied cell's data|validation rules. (In min...

Troubleshoot Editing Pictures In Microsoft Office Picture Manager
I am unable to use any of the functions from the "Picture" drop down menu on the toolbar.For example when I put my my mouse cursor on "fix red eye" the "fix red eye" line stays a light grey color and and I am not able to fix the red eye in the picture on the screen of my computer.If I want to "brighten" the picture,I am not able to "brighten" the picture as the "brighten" command stays a light grey. Please how do I fix this problem so that I can use all the "edit picture" choices from the "picture" too...

Office Update Mac 12.1.1 Cannot Install
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Hi, Please help. I cannot install Office Update Mac 12.1.1. There are plenty of disk space. Error message: You cannot install Office 2008 12.1.1 Update on this volume. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume. I can previously install update 12.1.0 "AURUM3@officeformac.com" wrote: > I cannot install Office Update Mac 12.1.1. > There are plenty of disk space. > > Error message: > You cannot install Office 2008 12.1.1 Update on this volume. A ver...

How to filter text automatically
Hi all, I have a workbook that has infomation imported in from access. the info is as shown session date Amount Due Comments 1 1/1/05 234 11 Good 2 2/2/05 123 7 Not so Good this goe's on for 12 sessions. what I need is for excel to check the session on this worksheet 'Import1' against the 'Main Sheet' cellA1 and which ever one matches then the comment is entered into 'Main Sheet' Cell F62. hope that makes sense. Cheers. Alan In cell F62 of Main Sheet, put this formu...

SQL report as dashboard to filter for Current user cannot user CRMAF_
First off I cannot use the default filters because the report is being generated for a dashboard and not a CRM Report, however it is being created via an SRS Report. I simply need a way to filter the report for the current user only, I found this query which gives the system user but this will not match up to the Account owner because of its format. select fullname from FilteredSystemUser where domainname = SUSER_SNAME() Gives: CRM Admin I need, Admin, CRM ...

Filtering question #2
Usually when a filter is on and the data is filtered, in the bottom left hand corner of the screen it will provide you with the number of records found. For example, it may say that the filter applied produced "23 of 391 records found". If this function stops working does anyone know how to turn it back on? Thanks! IL y a des cas connus o� cela se produit, une solution �tant de passer en calcul manuel au lieu de automatique. (dans les options de calcul) Attention, cela signifie que lorsqu'une cellule est modifi�e, les autres ne se mettent plus � jour tout de suite mais qu'...

Hotmail Junk/Spam filter - Doesn't work
Many people have found Hotmail continually puts legit email in the Spam folder. Is there any way of disabling this non-helping feature? You can set it to low - but of course that is useless. Or maybe there is a way of forwarding your Spam folder to your Spam folder in your POP3 email program? That would work ok. Once you use an email program you don't want to have to log in to Hotmail to check your messages. That's the whole point of using an email program. To get away from slow, ponderous, awkward webmail. To make matters even worse Microsoft deletes th...

Upgrading from Office XP Pro to 2003 Pro?
I am currently using Office XP Pro and I want to upgrade to 2003 Pro. My question is this: How do I do a clean install of 2003 Pro without erasing everything in XP Pro???? Should I just do an upgrade? Your suggestions are greatly appreciated! Best, Jack Barrett http://windsurf_2.tripod.com The upgrade path is the easiest to use and it does not wipe out your previous settings. I have used both upgrade and clean installations and they both work fine. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and fin...

Multiple Computers in my home using Office v.10
I have a legal, "bought and paid for" copy Office for MAC v.10 which is loaded on my Titanium Notebook. We have purchased an iMAC and my wife attempted to load the Office program onto it. It accepted the program but won't give her access stating that it already in use on my computer. 1. Doesn't the original license allow for multiple useage on a limited number of computers in a household? 2. If not, how to I get licensing for this new computer? Succinctly, We are looking to run this program on two computers that we own. Period! How can we do that without buying another fu...

enable small user to have "out of office" capability
I am a small office user and I really like Outlook. One capability that Outlook student edition lacks is the "out of office" capability that I had in the Corporate world. It would be greatly appreciated if this feature could be included in Outlook for small users. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader an...

Project Server 2003 and MS Office Project 2007
Hello, I'm very new to Project Server and am researching the creation of templates that can be used by the PMs. We would create a comprehensive template based on PMI, RUP or Prince2 and save it as a template. I found out how to save the template and I can see it in the database allright but when I create a new project in project center, I get a blank project. How and where do I configure project server to use the project template I created in Project Center. Any help is appreciated. Jason Jason -- To create a new project from one of the two new enterprise project ...

how can read tradition chinese in office v.x
I currently use Mac OS x 10.2 on my ibook, I have a excel file that included few tradition chinese word, but I can't see, how can I do??? danehill <123@123.com> wrote: > I currently use Mac OS x 10.2 on my ibook, I have a excel file that included > few tradition chinese word, but I can't see, how can I do??? You can't as far as I know... You need Unicode support for that and it came only with Office 2004. Corentin -- --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) --- http://www.mvps.org - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com MVPs are not MS ...

uninstalling ms office 2010 which was installed through power iso
hai; i have downloaded a crappy ms office mondo 2010 from lan and installed it.also there were some installation errors. i am not able to use ppt/word.... hence when i tried to unistall it ,through control pannel, it is saying "corrupted,insert original dvd/cd ". but i have installed it by poweriso. now i want to remove that msoffice and get some office07. so what should i do now to uninstall it. i have tried many times,every time it says "this product installation has been corrupted.insert original dvd/cd......." please help me.BTW, my os is vista home - - ...

Can't install (yes, I already did the Remove Office prgm)
I even went into ~/Library/Preferences/Microsoft and deleted that directory to ensure that everything Microsoft-esque was gone. When I start up the installer, it just sits there and doesn't install anything after putting in my name, product key, etc. Any further hints? Thanks, Shade HI, Ya' know, I'm a comm. col.student, 54, mind you,, so I did the "...for eductors ed."Go to Mactopia.com" load and install the 11,0,3, then it might work. Good Luck, Augie Hi Shade: 1) Make sure there is no Microsoft Office 2004 folder in your Applications folder. If there ...

Problem with Office 2003 SP3
In Access 2003, I have a Combo box in a form with one of the columns formatted Yes/No (the table the data comes from is also yes/no data). When the Combo Box was dropped-down, the column correctly showed "Yes" or "No"...until I installed Office 2003 SP3. Now, the column shows "-1" or "0" now matter that the format property is set to "Yes/No". Has anyone else experienced this and found a solution? Brossyg Change the SQL To Rowsource: Select MyField, Format(MyField,"yes/no") As Display From MyTable change the column count to 2...

Office Update 2007 error message...
Hey, guys, how's it goin'? As for me, I'm having trouble getting through this error. To start this off, I have Office Ultimate 2007 SP1 and wondering why Office Update won't work? The error message says, "The operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." Is it me or am I missing something? Feedbacks/suggestions are greatly appreciated. Goodday, all! More than likely, it's a permissions problem, but you really need to check with a windows newsgroup. Your question may be better an...

Filtering data in Excel for mailmerge to Word
First of all, I apologize if the answer to this has already been posted. I am not exactly sure what to call what I am looking for. I am working on a temporary assignment and using Word and Excel 2003 on Windows 2000 Professional OS. I am more used to Office 2000 as that is what I have at home; however, I don't know how to accomplish this mail merge in 2000 either. What I need to end up with is a mail merge to 96 different schools, confirming their attendance at three of a total of 13 different events. In other words, there are 13 events and each school will attend only three. My data...

Outlook 2003 Junk Rules
I've been running Outlook 2003 with pop since it was released. About a week ago, for no apparent reason, the junk filter stopped working. Now all the junk goes into my inbox. I checked the NG's, and see others are experiencing the same problem, yet there doesn't seem to be a solution. I also checked the net, and Microsoft's site. Nothing found. I've ran Repair, reinstalled, changed the rules from No to Low, back to High. I've got the Service packs and hotfixes installed. In other words, I've tried all of the microwave solutions. Nothing has worked. Does anyo...

Office installation error
My new PC came with Office trial version pre-loaded. I have since purchased Office Home & Student 2007. Before installing it, I uninstalled the trial version & the Assistant. In installing my new program, I got past entering my key and "Agree". It looked like installation was beginning. Then I got an "Error 1303: C:ProgramFiles(x86)\CommonFiles\MicrosoftShared\EQUATION Unable to access. Verify I have the EQUATION folder and that I have administrative rights and Retry." I have the folder on my computer and I am the Administrator. Still no go....