out look as default mail Q?????

How do i set-up ms outlook as my default email, using aol.com. as a service
provider????

Thanks-----------------
0
Bill7393 (298)

"Bill" <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do i set-up ms outlook as my default email, using aol.com. as a
> service
> provider????

As far as I know AOL doesn't support using Outlook as its mailreader.  You'd
have to check with them -- unless they allow POP/SMTP connection for e-mail
I'm affraid you're out of luck.

--
Aloha,

-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP
Stockholm Consulting Group/KSG
http://www.scgab.com
Microsoft OneNote FAQ:
http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr/computers/onenotefaq.htm

Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup.  Mahalo!

0
bms4961 (36)
12/18/2004 8:04:31 AM
http://help.channels.aol.com/article.adp?catId=1&sCId=416&sSCId=4093&articleId=217454

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, Bill <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> asked
this group:

| How do i set-up ms outlook as my default email, using aol.com. as a
| service provider????
|

| Thanks-----------------

0
MillyS (3228)

printing e-mail distributed publication
I am new to publisher and am running publisher 2003 with XP. Just put together a publication for work that I will be distributing via e-mail. Not as an attacement. I cannot however print the publication at home or work..only one page prints. Any suggestions/help would be appreciated. evh In news:2bade01c4693b$97b672c0$a601280a@phx.gbl, evh <erwin_vh@lycos.com> posted: > I am new to publisher and am running publisher 2003 with > XP. Just put together a publication for work that I will > be distributing via e-mail. Not as an attacement. I > cannot however print the p...

Mail merge file sizes
Can anybody help me. I have produced a 2 page document in Publisher 2003 and when I add mail merge to it with a database of 500 addresses, when it generates I get the following problems; 1. It takes ages to generate (the green progress bar moves very slowly across the screen as it applies the address to each document 2. The file sizes are at least 300mb for each 10 that it generates (the original file size is less than 2 mb) Any help would be appreciated. This will help The Registry Fix for changing the Mail Merge Batch Size Courtesy of KATMA http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/r...

Outlook Express e-mail
I have lost all of the columns to the right side of "FIND" including "DELETE" this happened suddenly when I logged on my computer this morning. This has never happened before and I am not aware that I did anything to create this problem. Please advise how to restore to normal. Thankyou. Larry ...

Windows 7 Mail Question
Does Windows 7 have an included email application? If so, does it support IMAP, POP, SMTP, EXCHANGE and HTTP email configurations? Thank you. -Frank YES "Frankster" <frank@SPAM2TRASH.com> wrote in message news:ze6dnYRTr8IDfqXWnZ2dnUVZ_hOdnZ2d@giganews.com... > Does Windows 7 have an included email application? If so, does it support > IMAP, POP, SMTP, EXCHANGE and HTTP email configurations? > > Thank you. > > -Frank Windows 7 does not include an email program. I use the free Windows Live Mail,(http:\download.live.com) but ther...

Publisher Users: Looking for Free Fonts?
http://www.searchfreefonts.com/ This was recommended by Lockergnome online. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Thank you Brian. Even tho I have 923 fonts onstalled on my system, there are times when I just can't find the exact effect I'm looking for. I appreciate links like this. :-) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Brian Kvalheim - [MSFT MVP]" <bkvalheim@publishermvps.com> wrote in message news:uhnPOpuTEHA.3332...

Wrong Massage Size, Mail in Queue, Greylisted Mail
Hello, we use a Tool that attach a Disclaimer over SMTP-Sink. The Disclaimer attached correct. Original-Massage-Size e.g. 968 after added the Disclaimer Size are e.g. 1464 Then the Exchange try to send the correct Mail incl. Disclaimer with Size 1464: OutboundConnectionCommand SMTPSVC1 MyExchServer - 25 MAIL - FROM:<t.test@mydomain.de>+SIZE=1464 0 0 4 0 422 SMTP The received Mail-Server has greylisting or something and my mail cannot deliver at first time: (SMTP-Code 451 or 450+4.7.1) Recipient+address+rejected:+Policy+Rejection-+Greylisted,+please+try+later My Mail...

Rules and Reply-to E-Mail addresses
I have tried searching through the solved questions listed here and did not find anything that solved my problem, but please let me know if there's something I've missed! I receive many e-mails from example@theirdomain.com. The e-mails have a different reply-to address from the one above. Now normally, I click reply on each of the hundreds of emails, and paste in the same response. This works fine, but is time consuming. I thought I could use a rule to simplify the whole process. My problem is, in my rule, when I select reply using specific template, it replies to the ...

last couple of days mail is in junk e-mail that is safe.
like all @facebookmail.com is going there and I have that on my save senders list. and people I have been getting mail from for months are now showing up in junk email. and it doesn't matter that I tell the junk email to not consider them as junk. I went to junk email properties and switched from high sensitivity to lower and still facebookmail is going to junk... what do I do now? charlie ...

What is the Outlook keyboard shortcut for checking new mail
"Steve Jaeger" <Sjaeger1@elp.rr.com> wrote in message news:043f01c36b5f$468b1110$a601280a@phx.gbl If there is a coded shortcut for a menu item, you will see it on the rightside of the menu. If you open Tools -> Send/Receive -> Send/Receive All, you will see F9 listed on the right. Also, it is considered impolite to use only the Subject line to carry the body of your message. -- ____________________________________________________________ ** Share with others. Post replies in the newsgroup. ** If present, remove all "-nix" from my email address. _________...

How do I get my e-mail to be sent to Microsoft Outlook?
I have recently been introduced to Microsoft Outlook. My e-mail address is from comcast, and I am unsure of how to get my e-mail from my comcast e-mail address to appear on Outlook. Please help. Thank you. In general, comcast will have to support POP3 E-Mail (for E-Mail that you receive) and SMTP E-Mail (for E-Mail that you send) (there are some other formats supported as well, but POP3 and SMTP are the most common). Assuming that it does, you need to enter the proper parameters into outlook (basically server names, account IDs and logon passwords). Once you have done this, you ca...

Creating Postcard 2 UP & 2 sided with Mail merge
Hi everyone: Good morning. I hope that some one can help with the design and setup for doing the following: 1) Postcard 8.5 by 5.5 (basically half of 8.% X 11 letter paper). 2) Print on both sides 3) Mail merge on both sides How do I set it up so that I can have 2 postcards to be printed on 1 sheet using either one of MS Publisher or MS Word? (prefer Word) I know that my printer does it. First, I already have the design in both MS Publisher and MS Word. I also have the mail merge done. MS Publisher: Page Setup: Width 8.5 Height: 5.5 Paper: Letter (8.5 X 11)...

Rule to direct mail from only 1 of a user's email addresses
My exchange account has a 3 email addresses. I would like to direct mail to a specified folder based on which of the 3 email addresses it was sent "to." When I configure a rule, email from all 3 of my addresses are copied to the specified folder. How can I exclude the other to email addresses that the mail may be coming "to" from this rule. Thanks. Nick "Nick Mirro" <nickmirro@gmail.com> wrote in message news:92538e47-1dd1-46f2-ad46-66e311b68b28@t39g2000prh.googlegroups.com... > My exchange account has a 3 email addresses. I would like to direct &...

RE: 552 Requested mail action aborted: exceeded storage allocation
Hi there, Jerry Zhao (MSFT) answered this question some time back with a comprehensive list of things to try. My question now, before I apply the two hotfixes he mentions http://support.microsoft.com/kb/835992 and http://support.microsoft.com/?id=885419 is simply this: If the NDR 552 Errors are being received by external recipients on various mail systems and clients (Eudora, OE, Outlook - Earthlink, AOL, Comcast and other International ISPs) when they try and send email to my domain then are these two hotfixes appropriate to apply to my SBS 2003 SP1 server? In answer to Jerry'...

I'm look for a Visitors Log Sheet
I'm look for a Visitors Log Sheet ...

Exchange 2003 not receiving mail
I have installed exchange 2003 on our network and I am receiving mail from about 50% of our customers/vendors. They get no errors back when sending and I see nothing on our servers side to indicate a problem. It always takes about 5 minutes to receive any messages that come through, which isn't a big deal but it seems like that should be faster. We also just moved to a new ISP and have a full T1 connection so the connection shouldn't be a problem. Today I had them add a reverse DNS record for our ip because I have read that some servers use that as a spam blocker. I am not sure...

Outlook Express Mail Rules Problem
Hi, I'm using OE 6.0 on my home system and have a number of rules setup to either move incoming mail to specific folders or to delete it based on subject or message content. The delete rules are the last ones in the list. I've recently changes a couple of rules and now I find mail being deleted which should have been moved into a folder. The rules look okay. Is there a registry key or a file somewhere in the system which might be the problem? TIA Bernie -- bernie@ms-training.org.uk MS Training and Consultancy http://www.ms-training.org.uk Since Outlook Express is part o...

opening forwarded mail
I have looked through all my setting and still can't figure this one out. When someone forwards me a message that they received, i will sometimes get it as a small envelope (attachment). When I double click on it, nothing happens. When I save it to my desktop, it isn't recognized. But, when I open it with my webmail there isn't a problem. I can double click on pictures and they open fine, but not these types of email. Does anyone have anything they can assist with so I don't always have to go through my webmail? Thanks, Sam dreamer <safer@home.net> wrote: >...

reduce size of mail store?
I've been gradually reducing mailbox limits and forcing users to archive to reduce the size of the mail store. However it does not appear to be shrinking. I thought daily mainteance routine would compress. Is there anything to do other than an offline compress and defrag? I really don't want to have to do that unless as a last resort. Thanks! Is your server running low on diskspace or are you having performance issues? Regards, Jason T. Parker rockymtntuna wrote: > I've been gradually reducing mailbox limits and forcing users to archive to > reduce the size of the m...

Two e-mail programs simultaneously
I am using gmail for e-mail. I use the e-mail program Windows mail. But I now have two computers. I would like to open my e-mails on the new computer too, in a neat e-mail program. Outlook Express is pre installed so I want to use that. The new computer (a netbook) operates with mobile broadband, they stationary computer gets internet from cable. Computer 1: (stationary) Runs on broadband, Internet Explorer 8, Windows Vista, Windows mail Computer 2 (netbook): Runs on mobile internet, Internet Explorer 8, Windows XP, Outlook Express 6 I have configurated my e-mail acc...

look up a selection of data
Hi I would like to transfer or look up data when keying in a reference number and bring up all the data regarding the ref number Eg Cell A1 = 101, B1 = John and C1 = january Cell A2 = 102, B2 = Mark and C2 = january Cell A3 = 103, B3 = Sam and C3 = February Cell A4 = 101, B4 = John and C4 = March Cell A5 = 101, B5 = John and C5 = June When I key in Ref 101 in a chosen cell (eg.A10) then the display should have all the details Cell A11 = John, B11 = January Cell A12 = John, B12 = March Cell A13 = John, B13 = June I assume A11, A12 and A13 should also have formulas to generate data but I c...

Recovery of Mail Stores
I have a department in my school who had exchange(2000) server (200) that totally crashed. I recovered the exchange folders. No backups were ever made. We installed windows Server 2003 and exchange server 2003 on a new server and would like to get the mail from the 2000 server imported / recovered / migrated into the 2003 server. What is the best way to go about this ? -- Exchange Administrator If you have the MDBDATA folder, then you have your Exhange Databases. You can build an offline recovery server to recover your users mail or use third party tool such as Ontrack Power Contro...

Mail validation using rules.
I have some questions for Outlook 2000: - - - - - 1) I prefer to validate incoming mails using rules checking the sender against a whitelist of addresses and domains. To my knowledge this is rather unhandy to implement in Outlook 2000 because the addresses must be in my addressbook/contact which can not contain domains only addresses. Hereby I have to maintain a long list of rules just for this validation purpose. I wonder if there is a possibility somehow for using simple textfiles (1 or 2) containg valid addresses and domains handled by 1 or 2 rules. Or maybe there is another way around i...

Outlook Connector and Live Mail Plus
Ok. After some fighting, I migrated my Hotmail Plus to Windows Live Mail Plus. I had to ask the customer care to unlock some issues that avoid this product integration. After this activation, I quickly checked Outlook Connector to see if calendar, contacts and mail properly sync with MS Servers (this was tha main reason to ask for a migration from Hotmail Plus to Windows Live Mail Plus). Sadly, only partial synchronization allowed. This is the log: -------------------------------------- Outlook Connector Version 1.8.3501.0 Account: stefania.castelli@hotmail.com Signed in successfully ...

SMTP Relay Server and Mail Aliases
Hi! I have front-end and back-end Exchange. I do not want that my front-end Exchange has SMTP relay functionality. I want to deploy a SMTP relay server in DMZ. My problem is: This SMTP relay server is not a member of my Exchnage AD domain and does not know about mail aliases in my Exchange domain. I do not want that I open additional ports on firewall which is between my Exchange domain and SMTP mail relay. My question is: How can I inform that SMTP relay server knows about all mail aliases on my Exchange domain? Best Regards Mustafa "mustafa" <mustafa@discussions.microso...

Please stop e-mails
The virus found was: W32/Swen.A@mm from: maryse.bernard@videotron.ca daniel.ramirez@codetel.net.do ce.nedra75@tiscalinet.it tnc@mx1.tees.ne.jp soumubu@jasmine.ocn.ne.jp dnorwoood1@houston.rr.com w@blueyonder.co.uk ...