Out look 2000 on windows xp hangs

My vp's outlook 2000 is hanging on occasion. It hangs
when it is starting up and some times it will load and
then when she clicks on the remote personal folder it
hangs and we have to kill the process. there is something
that makes it hang. Any sugestions? she has a P4 with 512
DDR. Windows XP pro.

Thank you
0
info7112 (1)

look up #5
I had a job interview today and was given a spreadsheet (both on a laptop and in written form). I had to analyse the information, detailing the most common occurences, ie best seller etc... If i have a column of different products, is there a way I can list them in order of the one with the most entries, ie the one which appears the most in the column. Also what is the formula to work out how many times something appears? So for example, I want to find out how many times the word 'banana' appears in a range in a column. Hi Neil not sure about your first question but as to the se...

Bring window from elevated process to front in Vista
Hi, I'm writing a task switching application and am having difficulty in giving a window belonging to an elevated process the focus. The code I usually use: WINDOWPLACEMENT lpwndpl; lpwndpl.length = sizeof(WINDOWPLACEMENT); ::GetWindowPlacement( hwndAppWindow, &lpwndpl); ::BringWindowToTop (hwndAppWindow); if (lpwndpl.showCmd == SW_SHOWMINIMIZED) { ::ShowWindow (hwndAppWindow, SW_RESTORE); } ::SetFocus (hwndAppWindow); is returning "Access is denied" for BringWindowToTop, ShowWindow and SetFocus. (hwndAppWindow is returned by FindWindow) I've tried calling Allo...

Sharing Outlook 2000 over a network
I need to access my outlook data from Outlook running on a remote computer. I need to be able to manipulate the data from the remote machine so that when I am on the host machine the changes are instant and seamless. I have seen several programs on CNET which allow you to do the very thing I seek to do. Does anyone have experience with these programs? Are there any that you would recommend or recommand against? My biggest fear is data corruption. The worst thing that could happen is for one of these programs to corrupt my data and make it useless/inaccessible. Please advise. Thank you in ad...

Windows Mail
I am getting the error messages for the POP3 and SMTP server names can someone tell me the name for these servers in order to get this service up and running elvin Your email account provider(s) has that information. They should have a help page on their website. If you tell us who provides your email account, perhaps someone can assist you. -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate 64 http://explore.live.com/windows-live-mail http://download.live.com/wlmail "Elvin Diaz" wrote in message news:#IkoKqFSLHA.4996@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... I am getting the er...

Outlook 2000 #176
Customize Outlook Today Button not responding. Any ideas? "JMARA" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2bbd01c470a2$9cfee5a0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Customize Outlook Today Button not responding. Any ideas? www.google.com - you'll find THOUSANDS of hits about this. ...

Windows Home Server newsgroup?
SBS friends - I benefit greatly from all of the help provided here on this newsgroup concerning SBS issues. Can you advise if there is a similar group for "Windows Home Server?" Thank you! Mike Windows Home Server http://social.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/category/windowshomeserver/ -- Regards, Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup. Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows] http://www.microsoft.com/protect "Mike Stem" wrote: > SBS friends - > > I benefit greatly from all of the help provi...

Errors in .pst file
I experienced the dreaded blue screen. After the computer re-started I could not open my Outloook, and received the error message, "Errors have been detected the the Outlook.pst file.l It further instructed me to use the Inbox repair tool (Scanpst.exe) to diagnose and repair errors in the file. I ran Scanpst.exe and it detects errors but freezes up when the 'repair' button is clicked. No repairs result. I found the Scanpst.exe in Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office 12. I am running Office 2007 Operating Sytem is XP Service Pack 2 (maybe 3) Is there somewhere I ...

Replicate Windows Search
Hi When I play my music on the Turntable System I have it creates a copy with the extension OMX which makes my music files messy so I wrote a program to delete these. At the moment I run windows search to find all the ext OMX on all drives I then copy these to a temp folder and run my program to delete from that. This works fine but I wondered if it is possible to replicate the search on all Drives within VB? and store the results direct to the temp folder? I have tried google but so far did not find code to help me. Ron LondonLad wrote: > Hi > When I play my music o...

How to change windows appearance scheme?
Hello, How can I set the windows appearance scheme. Specifically I need to force the appearance scheme to Windows Standard. Also related can the appearance scheme be set to Windows Standard for just the application i.e. without affecting the appearance scheme for other applications and the desktop? Thanks, CarlH. As far as I know, this is not possible. The color scheme is at the discretion of the user. joe On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 12:18:59 -0400, "CharlesC" <Charles@bscinforma.com> wrote: >Hello, > >How can I set the windows appearance scheme. Specifically I ...

Transparent window #2
Hello, How can I create a transparent window with a caption bar and border.And its client is transparent,I can see the picture under the client even if the transparent window is moving. Thanks! You must have made the window transparent my overridding erasebackground and did nothing, Actually that is not transparent its simply you are not erasing the background of ur window and redrawing it that makes see the desktop or what ever is behind the window. If you want a different shaped window, then checkout SetWindowRgn api. "msg_du" <dch1237@msn.com> wrote in message news:uxM...

how to upgrade exchange and windows to 2003
Hello I have a single domain model with Windows 2000 domain with 7 domain controllers spread across 2 cities and 7 exchange 2000 servers spread across 2 cities. i want to upgrade to windows 2003 and exchange 2003. Exchange 2000 are currently installed on member servers in the domain. I know that Windows 2003 does not support Exchange 2000, so I will have to upgrade to Exchange 2003 first on member servers and then to Windows 2003 but I would like to know that for domain, is it safe to upgrade first few domain controllers in one city and then roll out exchange 2003 in that city, and th...

open a new excel window
hello friends, i am using ms access 2003, i have a form. when i click on a button, i should get the new excel window displaying a particular table values(no need to save the tabel in .xls format, just display is enough) so i followed the code below Dim oExcel As Excel.Application Dim oWB As Excel.Workbook Dim oWs As Excel.Worksheet Set oExcel = New Excel.Application Set oWs = Excel.Worksheets.Application.ActiveSheet oExcel.Visible = True Set oWs = oExcel.ActiveSheet after this, i should insert the values in the new displayed excel window and now i am struck here(even i dont know whether th...

excel 2000 02-28-04
i run a business from my home. i am an experienced user but cannot figure out the following: i want to automatically enter the date when i enter a piece of data. when i use the "now" function" the date changes when i access the worksheet. any suggestions? JOY SCHEFFRES wrote: > i run a business from my home. > > i am an experienced user but cannot figure out the > following: i want to automatically enter the date when i > enter a piece of data. when i use the "now" function" the > date changes when i access the worksheet. > > any ...

GP 7.5 Installtion on Windows 2003 TS Servers
I am trying to install Integration Manager 7.5 on a Windows Server 2003 that already has Great Plains 7.5 installed and running successfully. When I try and install the Integration Manager I get the message 'MDAC 2.7 cannot be installed on this machine. MDAC 2.7 requires any one of the following configurations: Windows 98 Y2K Update 2 w/ IE 4.01 SP2 Windows 98 Second Edition Windows Millenium Windows NT SP5 w/ IE 4.01 SP2 Windows 2000' I believe the fix is related to IM service packs but cannot find the download anywhere. Can anyone help me? Thanx, in advance ...

How can I delete rows from Pivot Tables in Excel 2000 as in 97
I was able to delete multiple unwanted rows from Excel 97 Pivot Tables. Now I find I can only delete rows individually by untagging them in Excel 2000 Pivot Table. This is far too time consuming... Does anyone have a faster Solution ...

Quest: Including CString code to an empty Windows app project...
I have a dll that I am building that should be loadable by many C(N/A for this question just of C++ classes)/C++/VC++/MFC apps and I have kind of a proxy C++ class that packages info into one obj so it can be pass and returned by the functions I export... Going good so far thing are going fine and I want to use CString so I looked up the header I need to include and I find a header(forget the name) go to compile everything and the empty Windows app project show Atl* errors.... So I am wondering what it take to add CString support to header included by the empty Windows app project so the my ...

Can't expand the formatting toolbar in Pub 2000
I cannot get the formatting toolbar to expand or show all the icons. I have tried reinstalling, editing, updates etc. but nothing works. Any ideas? Mike - Your question was anwered in your first post. I learned you can't edit the toolbars in Pub 2000 (thank you Brian) and Mary provided a link for a KB in MS's site. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Mikep" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1a3301c4a0cd$fd992af0$a601280a@phx.gbl... >I cannot get the formatting toolbar to expand or show all > the icons. I have tried rein...

Access 2000
How can I make a hyperlink field point to a specific location on a network server as default, so the use can just enter the filename eg scan001.pdf rather than entering the whole path. I am using Windows XP and Access 2000. Many thanks in advance. -- Richard ...

97 to 2000 Conversion
I recently converted an Access 97 database to Access 2000, and the behavior of the 'Find' button has changed. From Form view in 97, I could perform a general search for data anywhere in the table (~2,500 records, 119 columns) and it would find it. Since converting to Access 2000, the general search will only return a result if the record is within the first 1,000 or so, and anything above that comes back as not found. If I restrict the search to a single field where I know the data exists and search for the same string, it is found. Is there a limit of the number of rows...

Having more hang up problems...
I have had problems with Money hanging up whenever I try to change what M07 automatically matches to the transactions I have downloaded. Never have fixed this, even after removing all bills data and file repair. Now, M07 is hanging up when I try to balance my account. I get it to reconcile with 0.00 difference, hit "Next" and.... nothing. having to force it down. Any ideas that may help? Thanks I'm not sure how to work around this yet, but I have the same problem also. After changing automatically downloaded transactions that have been matched with some bill set u...

Problems with Publisher 95 and Windows XP
Hi all- I am having problems getting my copy of Windows Publisher 95 to work with my new computer, which runs on Windows XP. Is this a common problem? Are there any "update" patches that can fix this? I have literally HUNDREDS of files I've made and saved in Publisher 95, and I don't want to give them up. Thanks in advance for any help or ideas. Mike Selvey Nacogdoches, TX Mike Selvey wrote: > Hi all- > > I am having problems getting my copy of Windows Publisher > 95 to work with my new computer, which runs on Windows > XP. Is this a common problem...

Outlook 2000 w/XP
We just got new email service. I have successfully configured every computer in the office with exception to one XP machine; I cannot find option to change email properties. Two other XP machines I navigate "tools-Email accounts". On this particular machine (with outlook 2000 ver 9.0.0.2711) I cannot find similar options....please help. Sincerely, Joe Mangano You may have a Tools > Services command, if so select this and then add a new service of type Internet Email. "JoeMan" <jmangano@naturestonefloors.com> wrote in message news:010f01c3d921$f3baf550$a10...

viewing pics in outlook 2000
Can anyone give me direction on how to setup my outlook so I can view pics sent in emails? When I click on the attachments it tells me I have no program associated with the file type jpg,gif,bmp and that I have to go to my computer and set up an association which I have no idea of how to do. First save the file to disk and hold SHIFT when right clicking the file and choose Open With. Now select a program you would like to view the picture in (like Paint or Internet Explorer) and make sure the option to always use that program is selecyted. The next time you should be able to open it ...

Outlook journal entries do not work in Office XP.
I have a user that informed me his journal entries do not work. I also tried mine and they also do not work We are running Win2k with Office XP. I just thought of something this can be stopped through AD can it not? Update, a while back we moved My Documents to a network drive for backups and so no mater where they login they will see thier My Documents. If thier My Documents is local Journal entries work. If it's a network drive they do not. Anyone have an idea on how to fix this one? Thanks. "David Bissonnette" <dbissonnette@foster-miller.com> wrote in message ...

Outlook XP Hangs
I have a problem with Outlook XP freezing/hanging up..just acting weird...It gives the "Not Responding" error sometimes. Just clicking on different folders/emails will make it hang and it just takes forever. Even when a new message is coming in it hangs for about 15-20 secs. I have renamed the outcmd.dat file. I have Instant Messaging turned OFF Wrong group ... although you may get some answers here, you may want to also try: microsoft.public.windows.inetexploer.ie6_outlookexpress William "CM" <cm@camstudios.com> wrote in message news:0b4301c368e9$0a7d0520$a...